26 January 2017
1. Eleanor Rigby. Strings without resonance, cold and stark lyrics. Paul at his absolute peak. More revolutionary than TNK.
2. I'm Only Sleeping. Dreamy, hazy, and surreal. The backwards guitar is not only cutting edge but one of the most satisfying sounds on the album.
3. Tomorrow Never Knows. A Lennon opus that sounds as progressive and avante guarde as it sounded in 1966.For No One. Heartbreaking lyrics on top of a moving French horn solo. A clavichord thrown in to seal this experimental chamber orchestra as pure genius.
4. For No One. Heartbreaking lyrics on top of a French horn solo, with a clavichord to turn this chamber orchestra piece into pure genius.
5. Here, There, and Everywhere. Only McCartney can make something so simple yet so mature. Astounding.
6. Got To Get You Into My Life. Paul was becoming the Beatles foremost songwriter
7. Taxman. As searing and brutal a guitar solo you could ever hear.
8. Love You To. Simply stunning composition.
10. And Your Bird Can Sing. A fantastic guitar melody with electric harmonies and unique timbres.
11. Yellow Submarine. Fits astoundingly well in this eclectic group of songs.
12. Good Day Sunshine. One of Paul's best piano hooks.
13. Doctor Robert. Another great guitar track by Lennon. With a harmonium underlying intricate harmony.
14. I Want To Tell You. Great lyrics. Just not on the same level as the other tracks.
A bit of an older post but i was just browsing through this thread when I noticed that you wrote nearly the same thing for TNK as FNO. Made me chuckle as I had been wondering what about TMK's lyrics made them heartbreaking.
and in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make
Most Users Ever Online: 597
Currently Online: Pineapple Records
Currently Browsing this Page:
Starr Shine?: 14826
Silly Girl: 10676
Ron Nasty: 7176
mr. Sun king coming together: 6412
Mr. Kite: 6143
Guest Posters: 87
Newest Members:FritzT007, Sylvie369, NowhereMan, wuz, Pluto
Moderators: Ahhh Girl: 14915, meanmistermustard: 21116, Zig: 9367, Joe: 4803
Administrators: Joe: 4803, Ellie: 4