Log In

Please consider registering
Guest

— Forum Scope —






— Match —





— Forum Options —





Min search length: 3 characters / Max search length: 84 characters

Register Ranks

Register Lost password?
sp_TopicIcon
Bass: Paul v. George
RSS
Avatar
Joe
Pepperland
4511 Posts
(Offline)
41
13 July 2010 - 2.46pm

I'm not going to lock it. I'm not really interested in censorship, and this would be a sad place if I locked any opinions that I personally disagreed with. But Mr Big – don't call anyone here an "arrogant asshole", OK? Walk away if you don't like what somebody says.

http://www.beatlesbible.com/fo.....rum-rules/

3. Be polite and respectful to one another. It's fine to disagree with someone, but don't be abusive.

Please don't spoil my day; I'm miles away

Can buy me love! Please consider using these links to support the Beatles Bible: Amazon | iTunes

Avatar
GniknuS
Rain? I don't mind
1327 Posts
(Offline)
42
13 July 2010 - 6.21pm

Joe said:

Would it be possible to have a debate without it descending to name-calling and personal attacks? The Paul v Anyone discussions bore the life out of me, but go ahead if you want - but please keep it civil and constructive. Ta.


I just don't understand why Paul fans feel as if the muliti-billionaire, most successful musician ever needs someone defending him. I think he'll be okay.a-hard-days-night-paul-1

I sat on a rug, biding my time, drinking her wine

Avatar
MrBig
Rapture, Atlantic Ocean
1054 Posts
(Offline)
43
13 July 2010 - 8.42pm

Joe said:

I'm not going to lock it. I'm not really interested in censorship, and this would be a sad place if I locked any opinions that I personally disagreed with. But Mr Big – don't call anyone here an "arrogant asshole", OK? Walk away if you don't like what somebody says.

http://www.beatlesbible.com/fo.....rum-rules/

3. Be polite and respectful to one another. It's fine to disagree with someone, but don't be abusive.


Not to sound like an abused child but he abused me as well.

"The best band? The Beatles. The most overrated band? The Beatles."

Avatar
MrBig
Rapture, Atlantic Ocean
1054 Posts
(Offline)
44
13 July 2010 - 9.02pm

paulsbass said:

MrBig said:


Not to sound like an abused child but he abused me as well.
 

 

Waaah, waaaah! (GREAT song, btw!!)

You abused this forum first with your theories.


My theories are my thoughts. If you don't like someone for what they think then you've got a serious problem.

"The best band? The Beatles. The most overrated band? The Beatles."

Avatar
MrBig
Rapture, Atlantic Ocean
1054 Posts
(Offline)
45
13 July 2010 - 10.04pm

paulsbass said:

MrBig said:

My theories are my thoughts. If you don't like someone for what they think then you've got a serious problem.


 

So if someone thinks Hitler was a great guy you still like him?

 

C'mon, we're ruining Germany's new positive image in Britain here with the bickering.

I already said it's ok to have personal preferences and opinions, you just should be more careful about the way you express them.


I don't have a problem with peoples thoughts. If someone thinks Hitler was a good man then great, let them think that. I don't have a problem with that unless they want me to change my thoughts on Hitler. And not to be a total asshole but I am careful about how I express them. I try to do a little persuasion but not towards the point where I totally alter the person's mind about the subject.

"The best band? The Beatles. The most overrated band? The Beatles."

Avatar
skye
AZ
2252 Posts
(Offline)
46
13 July 2010 - 10.24pm

Interesting - Godwin's law in 66 posts. Perhaps it's time to move on to other topics?

Ad hoc, ad loc, and quid pro quo! So little time! So much to know!

Avatar
GniknuS
Rain? I don't mind
1327 Posts
(Offline)
47
13 July 2010 - 10.28pm

This is a joke, right? We've now brought Hitler onto the Fab Forum?

I sat on a rug, biding my time, drinking her wine

Avatar
c64wood
249 Posts
(Offline)
48
13 July 2010 - 10.55pm

GniknuS said:

This is a joke, right? We've now brought Hitler onto the Fab Forum?


 

Looks like it.  UGH!!!a-hard-days-night-paul-3

I know you know what you know, but you should know by now that you're not me ~ Ron Nasty

Avatar
A Fiendish Thingy
By the banks of her own lagoon
373 Posts
(Offline)
49
13 July 2010 - 11.07pm

a-hard-days-night-ringo-13 Let's just go talk about Paul's moustache.

I'm in love, but I'm lazy.

Avatar
MrBig
Rapture, Atlantic Ocean
1054 Posts
(Offline)
50
13 July 2010 - 11.07pm

c64wood said:

GniknuS said:

This is a joke, right? We've now brought Hitler onto the Fab Forum?


 

Looks like it.  UGH!!!a-hard-days-night-paul-3


Oh shut up. This is one of the best arguments I've ever had and I really have to commend paulsbass for backing up his opinion so well.

"The best band? The Beatles. The most overrated band? The Beatles."

Avatar
MeanMrsMustard
Nowhere Land
2716 Posts
(Offline)
51
13 July 2010 - 11.37pm

skye said:

Interesting - Godwin's law in 66 posts. Perhaps it's time to move on to other topics?


Snort. 

But honestly. I saw the thread, was intrigued, and read the whole darn thing. Now I regret it. 

My dad said, after I explained the forum to him, that Hitler might be an awesome guitarist. 😉 

On a lighter note, Paul's show starts in less than 3 HOURS! 😀

If I seem to act unkind, it's only me, it's not my mind that is confusing things.

Avatar
skye
AZ
2252 Posts
(Offline)
52
14 July 2010 - 12.34am

A Fiendish Thingy said:

a-hard-days-night-ringo-13 Let's just go talk about Paul's moustache.


 

Pepper 'staches for everybody!

Ad hoc, ad loc, and quid pro quo! So little time! So much to know!

Avatar
GniknuS
Rain? I don't mind
1327 Posts
(Offline)
53
14 July 2010 - 1.54am

MrBig said:

c64wood said:

GniknuS said:

This is a joke, right? We've now brought Hitler onto the Fab Forum?


 

Looks like it.  UGH!!!a-hard-days-night-paul-3


Oh shut up. This is one of the best arguments I've ever had and I really have to commend paulsbass for backing up his opinion so well.
 

Yeesh, this is one of the best arguments you've ever had? I cringe to think of the others...

I sat on a rug, biding my time, drinking her wine

Avatar
MrBig
Rapture, Atlantic Ocean
1054 Posts
(Offline)
54
14 July 2010 - 1.57am

GniknuS said:

MrBig said:

c64wood said:

GniknuS said:

This is a joke, right? We've now brought Hitler onto the Fab Forum?


 

Looks like it.  UGH!!!a-hard-days-night-paul-3


Oh shut up. This is one of the best arguments I've ever had and I really have to commend paulsbass for backing up his opinion so well.

 


Yeesh, this is one of the best arguments you've ever had? I cringe to think of the others...
 

The others were on politics and religion. You don't want me to recite them, do you?

"The best band? The Beatles. The most overrated band? The Beatles."

Avatar
GniknuS
Rain? I don't mind
1327 Posts
(Offline)
55
14 July 2010 - 2.02am

MrBig said:

GniknuS said:

MrBig said:

c64wood said:

GniknuS said:

This is a joke, right? We've now brought Hitler onto the Fab Forum?


 

Looks like it.  UGH!!!a-hard-days-night-paul-3


Oh shut up. This is one of the best arguments I've ever had and I really have to commend paulsbass for backing up his opinion so well.
 

Yeesh, this is one of the best arguments you've ever had? I cringe to think of the others...

 


The others were on politics and religion. You don't want me to recite them, do you?
 

Absolutely I do.

I sat on a rug, biding my time, drinking her wine

Avatar
MrBig
Rapture, Atlantic Ocean
1054 Posts
(Offline)
56
14 July 2010 - 2.04am

GniknuS said:

MrBig said:

GniknuS said:

MrBig said:

c64wood said:

GniknuS said:

This is a joke, right? We've now brought Hitler onto the Fab Forum?


 

Looks like it.  UGH!!!a-hard-days-night-paul-3


Oh shut up. This is one of the best arguments I've ever had and I really have to commend paulsbass for backing up his opinion so well.

 


Yeesh, this is one of the best arguments you've ever had? I cringe to think of the others...
 

The others were on politics and religion. You don't want me to recite them, do you?

 


Absolutely I do.
 

For the sake of everyone: I hate the government and the vatican.

"The best band? The Beatles. The most overrated band? The Beatles."

Avatar
GniknuS
Rain? I don't mind
1327 Posts
(Offline)
57
14 July 2010 - 2.07am

MrBig said:

GniknuS said:

MrBig said:

GniknuS said:

MrBig said:

c64wood said:

GniknuS said:

This is a joke, right? We've now brought Hitler onto the Fab Forum?


 

Looks like it.  UGH!!!a-hard-days-night-paul-3


Oh shut up. This is one of the best arguments I've ever had and I really have to commend paulsbass for backing up his opinion so well.
 

Yeesh, this is one of the best arguments you've ever had? I cringe to think of the others...

 


The others were on politics and religion. You don't want me to recite them, do you?
 

Absolutely I do.

 


For the sake of everyone: I hate the government and the vatican.
 

Well unlucky for you, I happen to be very well connected to the Pope, so good luck sleeping.george-martin

I sat on a rug, biding my time, drinking her wine

Avatar
MrBig
Rapture, Atlantic Ocean
1054 Posts
(Offline)
58
14 July 2010 - 2.09am

GniknuS said:

MrBig said:

GniknuS said:

MrBig said:

GniknuS said:

MrBig said:

c64wood said:

GniknuS said:

This is a joke, right? We've now brought Hitler onto the Fab Forum?


 

Looks like it.  UGH!!!a-hard-days-night-paul-3


Oh shut up. This is one of the best arguments I've ever had and I really have to commend paulsbass for backing up his opinion so well.

 


Yeesh, this is one of the best arguments you've ever had? I cringe to think of the others...
 

The others were on politics and religion. You don't want me to recite them, do you?

 


Absolutely I do.
 

For the sake of everyone: I hate the government and the vatican.

 


Well unlucky for you, I happen to be very well connected to the Pope, so good luck sleeping.george-martin
 

Yeah, you connect with him even when he ordered the genocide of millions of people? (You brought this argument upon yourself)

"The best band? The Beatles. The most overrated band? The Beatles."

Avatar
skye
AZ
2252 Posts
(Offline)
59
14 July 2010 - 2.14am

Ok, Hitler and religion is too much for one thread.

Please get back to the technical merits of Paul or George's bass lines.

Ad hoc, ad loc, and quid pro quo! So little time! So much to know!

Avatar
GniknuS
Rain? I don't mind
1327 Posts
(Offline)
60
14 July 2010 - 2.15am

MrBig said:

GniknuS said:

MrBig said:

GniknuS said:

MrBig said:

GniknuS said:

MrBig said:

c64wood said:

GniknuS said:

This is a joke, right? We've now brought Hitler onto the Fab Forum?


 

Looks like it.  UGH!!!a-hard-days-night-paul-3


Oh shut up. This is one of the best arguments I've ever had and I really have to commend paulsbass for backing up his opinion so well.
 

Yeesh, this is one of the best arguments you've ever had? I cringe to think of the others...

 


The others were on politics and religion. You don't want me to recite them, do you?
 

Absolutely I do.

 


For the sake of everyone: I hate the government and the vatican.
 

Well unlucky for you, I happen to be very well connected to the Pope, so good luck sleeping.george-martin

 


Yeah, you connect with him even when he ordered the genocide of millions of people? (You brought this argument upon yourself)
 

Oh boy, apparently someone doesn't understand sarcasm. Let's just stop this now before it goes any further.

I sat on a rug, biding my time, drinking her wine

Forum Timezone: America/Chicago
All RSS Show Stats

Administrators:
Joe
Ellie

Moderators:
Ahhh Girl
meanmistermustard
Zig
Joe

Top Posters:

Starr Shine?: 12269

Silly Girl: 8618

parlance: 7065

mr. Sun king coming together: 6429

Mr. Kite: 6131

trcanberra: 5854

Ron Nasty: 5549

Necko: 5461

mithveaen: 4618

AppleScruffJunior: 4055

Newest Members:

herseydenvar2

JohnBeatle

Michael Varn

asiffk

Ram4

Forum Stats:

Groups: 3

Forums: 42

Topics: 4012

Posts: 227704

 

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 87

Members: 3634

Moderators: 4

Admins: 2

Most Users Ever Online: 597

Currently Online: meanmistermustard, Shamrock Womlbs, Sugarplum fairy, ewe2, O Boogie
38 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Members Birthdays
Today: None
Upcoming: O Boogie