7 April 2013
If Paul was to tour next year (which is highly likely) many think he should have a more even mix of beatles, wings and solo songs. With that in mind I think it would be realistic if this was the set.
- Good Day Sunshine : great opener which would get the crowd going. Could be interchanged with Magical Mystery Tour or the current opener Eight Days A Week .
- Coming Up : don’t know why this isn’t in his main set as it was a number 1 in america and a big hit else where
- Save Us
- Fixing A Hole : gem from Sgt Pepper i feel pauls band could nail
- Listen To What The Man Said: paul should bring out his rickenbacker for this one
- Fine Line: minor hit from 2005s Chaos And Creation In The Backyard
- Maybe I’m Amazed : classic
- The Long And Winding Road : I really enjoy the live version of this
- Nineteen Hundred And Eight five: been in the set since 2010 but its a real crowd pleaser
- I Can Bet: from new. I envisage paul playing his les paul on this one.
- Bluebird: played in soundcheck, should really make it into the main set
- Things We Said Today : love this song, can be alternated with I’ll Follow The Sun or Two of us
- Hope of Deliverance: again this was a huge hit in europe and should be part of the main set
- In My Life : to replace Here Today as the John tribute, paul alone with acoustic guitar
- No More Lonely Nights: why oh why this hasn’t been played before is unbelievable. However it may be a bit high in parts for pauls voice.
- The Fool On The Hill : full band arrangement, not played since 2003
- Tug Of War : starts with paul alone, then at the bridge part the band join in, this would be superb
- Dance Tonight: another crowd pleaser and was a moderate hit
- Another Day
- Here Comes The Sun : this would make a beautiful geroge tribute
- On My way To Work; played at recent soundchecks in japan, plus its my favorite song of new
- Penny Lane : big beatles hit what should be played more often
- My Brave Face: from 1989’s Flowers In The Dirt , this would really spice up the set
- Band On The Run
- Uncle Albert /Admiral Halsey : a number one in america, this is dying to be played live.
- Ticket To Ride : every tour paul sings one of johns songs, from 2009-2012 it was A Day In The Life , currently its Mr Kite, however I think this would be a sutible replacement. Paul should play his Eppy Casino on this since he played it on the record.
- Beautiful Night: the ending to this would be great in a concert environment
- Let It Be
- Live And Let Die
- Hey Jude
33.Hi Hi Hi
34. Silly Love Songs, Paul should play his rickenbacker on these two songs
35. Goodnight Tonight: another wings song dying to be played live, paul on his les paul
37. Mull Of Kintyre ; should be played everywhere not just Canada and Scotland
What do you think should make Pauls next setlist.
"We can do what we want, we can live as we choose"
17 January 2013
Your list looks great! I don’t have the brain power right now to think of my own.. I’d probably get selfish with it because I LOVE Wings and I have noticed from going to two of his concerts, that most people are stagnant during these songs, only coming alive during Beatles stuff. Ugh. Don’t they understand the GLORY that is Wings?!
"Please don't bring your banjo back, I know where it's been.. I wasn't hardly gone a day, when it became the scene.. Banjos! Banjos! All the time, I can't forget that tune.. and if I ever see another banjo, I'm going out and buy a big balloon!"
16 August 2012
15 February 2015
16 June 2020
Here are some links to Paul playing You Won’t See Me . He resurrected it along with “Getting Better ” in the early 2000s and explained them as songs he had not played since he recorded them in the 1960s. In 2016 and 2017 during the One on One Tour, he did added it back to the setlist. This time he told a story how the song came out of a riff, and he does a somewhat unplugged version of it (in the early 2000s, Paul would play his Les Paul, while on the One on One Tour, he would play an acoustic guitar). Either to compensate for him being a decade older or to make it easier to play on the guitar (so the open third string can act as a pedal tone), he plays it in G major on the One on One Tour instead of A major on the album.