Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
One On One tour 2017
4 July 2017
7.38am
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 22213
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

There are probably lots of tickets on resale sites. That’s how I saw Paul the first time. Cheap, nosebleed section. Paul is great from any angle a-hard-days-night-ringo-6

4 July 2017
5.21pm
The Hole Got Fixed
A Dock at Southampton

Moderators
Forum Posts: 8410

Yeesh… the nosebleed section on resale sites are over $200! (About 230 I think). 

And now, we wait. I’m quite peeved about this, but I have connections…. *crosses fingers so hard they snap*

Paul is great from any angle… but for you, he’s particularly great from a specific angle?a-hard-days-night-george-10

The following people thank The Hole Got Fixed for this post:

Ahhh Girl, Beatlebug

#AppleHoley2024: Make America Great For The First Time
2016 awards: Username-Badge.png 2017 awards: The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2017.png 2018 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2018.png 2019 awards: Ringo-2019.png 2020 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2020.png 2021 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2021.png
aus-flag-v-small.png

4 July 2017
5.56pm
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 22213

Our nosebleed tickets were about $35. We bought them about 4 days before the concert.

We are all crossing our fingers for you to get tickets.

You know me too well, @The Hole Got Fixed. LOL!

The following people thank Ahhh Girl for this post:

The Hole Got Fixed, ewe2, Beatlebug
4 July 2017
7.53pm
Dark Overlord
Nowhere Land
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 4470

If it’s $200 for resale tickets, it makes me wonder how much more it costs for backstage passes, i’d guess it’d be around $1,000 to see Paul and the gang backstage. By the way, what are you going to ask him if you see him walking around town before the concert or if you otherwise get a chance to see him outside of the concert.

If you're reading this, you are looking for something to do.

4 July 2017
8.04pm
Elementary Penguin
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1008

So both Melbourne shows are sold out?

That’s unfortunate but don’t give up hope as you might be able to find some tickets on resale sites for a better price or maybe try ebay or gumtree.

I’m not sure if that will work or not but it is worth trying.

And in the end the lunch you take is equal to the lunch you bake.

4 July 2017
8.08pm
Dark Overlord
Nowhere Land
Rishikesh
Members

If you can’t afford tickets but really want to see the show, you could always sit just outside of the venue and listen to the concert. Sure you could say that at that rate, you mind as well go online and watch The Beatles play at Budokan but it’s worth a shot.

4 July 2017
8.12pm
The Hole Got Fixed
A Dock at Southampton

Moderators

All is not lost. There’s still a chance I’ll get tickets through connections. a-hard-days-night-ringo-13

If, by some incredible chance, I see him around town, I’ll ask him about Carnival Of Light

Now that we know who sang the ahhhs…

Ahhh Girl, Beatlebug

2016 awards: Username-Badge.png 2017 awards: The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2017.png 2018 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2018.png 2019 awards: Ringo-2019.png 2020 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2020.png 2021 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2021.png
aus-flag-v-small.png

4 July 2017
8.22pm
WeepingAtlasCedars
Gelzelha, The Void
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 2699

The Hole Got Fixed said

I don’t believe it. The tickets are sold out (that is, the affordable tickets have sold out). The Wednesday’s concert was only announced today, and the tickets only went on sale 8 hours ago.

Oh dear. That’s terrible! ahdn_george_05

The Hole Got Sad  

The Hole Got Hugged *embraces laptop* It’ll be okay, Holey. a-hard-days-night-george-9heart

The following people thank WeepingAtlasCedars for this post:

The Hole Got Fixed, Ahhh Girl, Beatlebug

"WeepyC came into the fray as the premier Jimmy Page fan, and will remain." - sir walter raleigh

2016 & 2017: Username-Badge.png

2020: Creative-Contribution-2020.pngFunniest-Post-2020.pngMost-Likely-to-Cheer-Somebody-Up-in-a-Bad-Mood-2020.png

4 July 2017
8.28pm
Elementary Penguin
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1008

Hopefully your connections pull through and you get a ticket.

I wouldn’t know what to say if I met him. I would make sure I got his autograph and a photo if he had the time.

The following people thank Elementary Penguin for this post:

The Hole Got Fixed

And in the end the lunch you take is equal to the lunch you bake.

4 July 2017
8.32pm
The Hole Got Fixed
A Dock at Southampton

Moderators

WeepingAtlasCedars said

The Hole Got Hugged *embraces laptop* It’ll be okay, Holey. a-hard-days-night-george-9heart  

Thank you!

I feel as though I may have derailed this thread…

WeepingAtlasCedars, Beatlebug

aus-flag-v-small.png

5 July 2017
4.18am
AppleScruffJunior
Sitting here doing nothing but procrastinating...
Apple rooftop
Reviewers

Members
Forum Posts: 7583

If you don’t manage to get tickets through your connection- check Craigslist, Gumtree whatever at least twice a day a month before the concert starts and there most likely will be tickets for Paul for sale (as people have family crisis, get sick, get better tickets, whatever). They’ll either be sold at retail cost, slightly above or slightly below if you’re very lucky. 

Good luck!

The following people thank AppleScruffJunior for this post:

The Hole Got Fixed, Beatlebug, WeepingAtlasCedars

INTROVERTS UNITE! Separately....in your own homes!

Make Love, Not Wardrobes!

"Stop throwing jelly beans at me"- George Harrison

5 July 2017
9.32am
ewe2
Inside the beat
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 3025

The Hole Got Fixed said

Thank you!

I feel as though I may have derailed this thread…  

No, but I feel awful for you, stay positive and make your own luck, a Macca ticket will be out there!

The following people thank ewe2 for this post:

The Hole Got Fixed

I'm like Necko only I'm a bassist ukulele guitar synthesizer kazoo penguin and also everyone. Or is everyone me? Now I'm a confused bassist ukulele guitar synthesizer kazoo penguin everyone who is definitely not @Joe.  This has been true for 2016 & 2017 Sig-Badge.png but I may have to get more specific in the future.

aus-flag-v-small.png

5 July 2017
10.46am
Martha
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1277

That’s so sad to hear, I’m really sorry for you! But don’t give up as there are so many things you can do. 

Apart from resale sites (to the ones AppleScruffJunior already mentioned I’d add Ticketmaster and StubHub, also check the official ticket sale several times a day) you should also watch out for things like radio or newspaper contests there’s a good chance there will be quizzes or a lottery in the local rock station for example where one can win tickets. 

If the concert is less than a week away, maybe call the box office at the venue and ask if they have or expect to have any last-minute tickets. If you’re still without a ticket on concert day, just go to the venue and get in line at the ticket sales window, they’ll probably have some tickets that came back from, for instance, one of the contests mentioned above. If that doesn’t work, walk around the building and look for fans selling tickets because their friend got sick or couldn’t make it at the last minute – there will always be some.

Good Luck!

The following people thank Martha for this post:

The Hole Got Fixed

Not once does the diversity seem forced -- the genius of the record is how the vaudevillian "When I'm 64" seems like a logical extension of "Within You Without You" and how it provides a gateway to the chiming guitars of "Lovely Rita. - Stephen T. Erlewine on Sgt Pepper's

5 July 2017
11.31am
Dark Overlord
Nowhere Land
Rishikesh
Members

Also, you could just sit outside of the venue and listen to the concert if you don’t mind not being able to see it.

7 July 2017
5.39pm
pepperland
vanished in the haze (England)
Hollywood Bowl
Members
Forum Posts: 749

In Miami right now but not going to see Paul! paul-mccartney

I’m wondering if I’ve walked past @The Hippie Chick without realising!a-hard-days-night-john-3

The following people thank pepperland for this post:

Beatlebug, The Hippie Chick, WeepingAtlasCedars, Ahhh Girl

Times I find it hard to say / With useless words getting in my waySuprised about this one.Sad about this one

8 July 2017
6.07am
The Hippie Chick
Counting the holes in Blackburn, Lancashire
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1387

I’m not going to post spoilers because there are some nice little surprises and I want to save them. But THE SHOW WAS AWESOME!!! So cool to have been the first city on the tour! Those of you who have shows upcoming are in for a real treat.

LOL, pepperland, maybe!

We got in around 5:30, had a bite at the Subway across from the arena and went right over. I was seated separate from the two friends I went with, they had their seats in the back section, and mine was in the club section, mid section… on the right side of the stage. I had a great view!

The following people thank The Hippie Chick for this post:

Ahhh Girl, sir walter raleigh, Martha, TheBeatlesFanatic231, WeepingAtlasCedars, ewe2

“She wasn't doing a thing that I could see, except standing there leaning on the balcony railing, holding the universe together.”  - J.D. Salinger

8 July 2017
11.52pm
TheBeatlesFanatic231
The Jacaranda
Members
Forum Posts: 26

The concert was amazing. I had the Hot Sound Package and saw the soundcheck. They gave us a lot of stuff like: towels, a clock, a bag and even a limited lithograph. I got 34 & 37 out of 2,500. I was really close to Paul. I hoped that he’ll see me dressed with the Sgt. Pepper suit and with my gigantic sign, but he didn’t :(. Oh well, atleast the rest was amazing! I would say this was trully the best night in my life.paul-mccartneya-hard-days-night-paul-4ahdn_paul_01

The following people thank TheBeatlesFanatic231 for this post:

Martha, Ahhh Girl, Beatlebug, Elementary Penguin, WeepingAtlasCedars, ewe2, The Hippie Chick, sir walter raleigh
11 July 2017
4.39am
The Hippie Chick
Counting the holes in Blackburn, Lancashire
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1387

@TheBeatlesFanatic231 I saw a couple of nice looking Pepper uniforms before and after the show, maybe I saw you! paul-mccartney-thumb_gif

The following people thank The Hippie Chick for this post:

TheBeatlesFanatic231, Beatlebug

“She wasn't doing a thing that I could see, except standing there leaning on the balcony railing, holding the universe together.”  - J.D. Salinger

11 July 2017
10.16pm
sir walter raleigh
In our yellow (IN OUR YELLOW) submarine (SUBMARINE AHA!)
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 5777

I see Paul at the Infinite Energy Center in two days, but I saw James Taylor in the same venue today.

See who I ran into at the bathroom…

IMG_3164.JPGImage Enlarger

Brian,

IMG_3166.JPGImage Enlarger

Rusty

and I talked to Abe as well, and saw Wix from a distance. I had an extended conversation with Rusty Anderson about the longevity of the band and how they have outlasted Wings and The Beatles. I also told him that Infinite Energy is the smallest venue on the tour. He also seemed very interested in my own band and musical endeavors. He was a really great guy!

Unfortunately Paul wasn’t able to make it to see his old pal, but James gave him and George a shoutout before Something In The Way She Moves. 

The following people thank sir walter raleigh for this post:

Dark Overlord, ewe2, Necko, WeepingAtlasCedars, The Hippie Chick, Ahhh Girl, Beatlebug

"The pump don't work cause the vandals took the handles!"

-Bob Dylan, Subterranean Homesick Blues

"We could ride and surf together while our love would grow"

-Brian Wilson, Surfer Girl

11 July 2017
10.20pm
sir walter raleigh
In our yellow (IN OUR YELLOW) submarine (SUBMARINE AHA!)
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 5777
100sp_Permalink sp_Print

I also requested to Abe that they play Paperback Writer . We will see what happens. 

"The pump don't work cause the vandals took the handles!"

-Bob Dylan, Subterranean Homesick Blues

"We could ride and surf together while our love would grow"

-Brian Wilson, Surfer Girl

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online: PauliesGirl
Guest(s) 1
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2859
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5510
Newest Members:
frankc, viv@nelsontraining.co.uk, bornhairyman, frankkilmore123@gmail.com, onlyanorthernsong
Moderators: Joe: 5691, meanmistermustard: 24950, Ahhh Girl: 22213, Beatlebug: 18181, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5691