Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
One On One Tour 2016
14 July 2016
11.15am
Into the Sky with Diamonds
New York
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1980
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
341sp_Permalink sp_Print

@Matt Busby

That’s the guitar he usually plays when singing “Let Me Roll It ” – but I forget if that song’s on this tour. (And I think it then gets auctioned off.)

The following people thank Into the Sky with Diamonds for this post:

Matt Busby

"Into the Sky with Diamonds" (the Beatles and the Race to the Moon – a history)

15 July 2016
12.41pm
Matt Busby
In the town where I was born
Shea Stadium
Members
Forum Posts: 932
342sp_Permalink sp_Print

Into the Sky with Diamonds said
@Matt Busby

That’s the guitar he usually plays when singing “Let Me Roll It ” – but I forget if that song’s on this tour. 

He  used it for 3-4 songs in a row – might have gotten it out again later in the show – but I do think Roll It was one of them.

Half of what I say is meaningless...

I feel good in a special way, I'm in love and it's a sunny day

BeatlesBible.com earns royalties if you use these links when shopping: Amazon | iTunes

18 July 2016
10.34am
Zig
The Toppermost of the Poppermost
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 9832
343sp_Permalink sp_Print

One more day!!!

I don’t know why I came into work today. In my mind, I’m already on the way to the concert. When I checked late last week, there was a chance of rain. That chance is now at 0%.

McWeather.JPGImage Enlarger

I hope it is not a very cloudy evening because there is supposed to be a full moon.

The following people thank Zig for this post:

Ahhh Girl, Beatlebug, DrBeatle, Matt Busby

To the fountain of perpetual mirth, let it roll for all its worth. And all the children boogie.

18 July 2016
11.57am
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 22229
344sp_Permalink sp_Print

Oooop, Paul during a full moon.

No, no double meaning intended. a-hard-days-night-george-10

The following people thank Ahhh Girl for this post:

Zig, Beatlebug, BeatleSnut
18 July 2016
3.56pm
Zig
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
345sp_Permalink sp_Print

Ahhh Girl said

No, no double meaning intended. a-hard-days-night-george-10  

Very cheeky, @Ahhh Girl (pun intended).

Ahhh Girl, Beatlebug, BeatleSnut, Matt Busby

To the fountain of perpetual mirth, let it roll for all its worth. And all the children boogie.

18 July 2016
7.14pm
Beatlebug
Find me where ye echo lays

Moderators
Forum Posts: 18182
346sp_Permalink sp_Print

Zig punned in return even worsely 

Ahhh Girl cheekily punned  

Very cheeky, AG (pun intended).  

paul-mccartney-facepalm_gif 

^That was me when I read that post. 

Everyone else, don’t mind that wicked twosome and that naughty nonsense they consider ‘humour’ a-hard-days-night-george-10

The following people thank Beatlebug for this post:

Ahhh Girl

([{BRACKETS!}])
New to Forumpool? You can introduce yourself here.
If you love The Beatles Bible, and you have adblock, don't forget to white-list this site!
whiteheart.png
avatar_creative_signature_Hmm.pngStarSpangledBanner.png

19 July 2016
1.18am
Mademoiselle Kitty >^..^<
the Netherlands
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1435

Let’s just hope he doesn’t leave anyone scarred for life when that moon makes an appearance….

#sorrynotsorry

On topic: have a great show, @zig (and zag, of course)

The following people thank Mademoiselle Kitty >^..^< for this post:

Beatlebug, Ahhh Girl, Zig

Formerly Known As JPM-Fangirl --Paul-Badge.png 2016

'Out There' - 07-06-2015 - Ziggo Dome Amsterdam -- 'One On One' - 12-06-2016 - Pinkpop Festival Landgraaf

19 July 2016
10.30am
Zig
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
348sp_Permalink sp_Print

Mademoiselle Kitty >^..^< said
Let’s just hope he doesn’t leave anyone scarred for life when that moon makes an appearance….

#sorrynotsorry

Thanks MadKit!

So it’s the morning of the show. Mother Nature is smiling upon us with a beautiful sunny day and very low humidity. We’ve had a nice brunch, packed our case and are lazing around until the house/dog sitters arrive. After that it’s only an hour to Hershey to check into the hotel, explore the town, and grab an early dinner replete with a couple of frosty adult beverages. We’ll either grab the hotel shuttle over to the stadium or walk – it’s only a mile and a half away. DrBeatle and I have swapped cell phone numbers and will attempt to find each other inside – we are both at field level. Tonight should be very comfortable weather-wise under the aforementioned full moon. That means I won’t work up much of a sweat by singing and dancing as badly as I can. 

The excitement is now palpable. More later if time permits.

Ahhh Girl, Mademoiselle Kitty >^..^<, Into the Sky with Diamonds, Beatlebug, DrBeatle, Matt Busby, sigh butterfly

19 July 2016
10.36am
Midori78
USA
Paris Olympia
Members
Forum Posts: 337
349sp_Permalink sp_Print

Zig said

Mademoiselle Kitty >^..^< said

#sorrynotsorry

Thanks MadKit!

So it’s the morning of the show. Mother Nature is smiling upon us with a beautiful sunny day and very low humidity. We’ve had a nice brunch, packed our case and are lazing around until the house/dog sitters arrive. After that it’s only an hour to Hershey to check into the hotel, explore the town, and grab an early dinner replete with a couple of frosty adult beverages. We’ll either grab the hotel shuttle over to the stadium or walk – it’s only a mile and a half away. DrBeatle and I have swapped cell phone numbers and will attempt to find each other inside – we are both at field level. Tonight should be very comfortable weather-wise under the aforementioned full moon. That means I won’t work up much of a sweat by singing and dancing as badly as I can. 

The excitement is now palpable. More later if time permits.

I can’t wait for 60-degree weather again. This high-90’s to triple-digit heat that we’re currently having here is oppressive. Just a couple more months…

Should be an awesome show for you tonight, Zig ^^ Have a great time. paul-mccartney-thumb_gif

The following people thank Midori78 for this post:

Zig

To be or not to be, I don't care
The question is, Are you alive out there?
It don't take brains, Just heart and soul
I think, therefore I rock 'n roll.

19 July 2016
10.41am
Eleanor Macca
Following the sun ....
Royal Command Performance
Members
Forum Posts: 251
350sp_Permalink sp_Print

Have a Fab Time tonight, dear @Zig  🙂 I’m sure Paul’s gonna blast it heart

The following people thank Eleanor Macca for this post:

Zig

'Put music to our troubles and we'll dance them away..." 

19 July 2016
2.37pm
Zig
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
351sp_Permalink sp_Print

We got to our hotel around 1PM. After checking in, we walked to a cafe for a late lunch instead of an early dinner. Paul tour shirts everywhere! We met several fellow concert goers waiting to check in at the same hotel and saw many of them at the same cafe. We were all sharing intel on the shortest walk back from the stadium – got it nailed with the help of a knowledgeable waiter who lives close by. One couple we met were admiring my REV0LVR license plate in the hotel parking lot. They then stepped aside to reveal their own license plate – FAB4 64. Too cool. Looks like it’ll be a really fun crowd.  

Right now we are just chillin’ like villains until it’s time to get freshened up and head down to the shuttle in a few hours. 

Into the Sky with Diamonds, Beatlebug, Mademoiselle Kitty >^..^<, Matt Busby

19 July 2016
4.55pm
Zig
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
352sp_Permalink sp_Print

The stadium is very close to the hotel. Just heard Paul & the boys wrap up their soundcheck with Lady Madonna .

Ermahgerd.

Beatlebug, Midori78, Mademoiselle Kitty >^..^<, DrBeatle, Matt Busby

19 July 2016
8.03pm
New York
Candlestick Park
Members
353sp_Permalink sp_Print

Good thing Macca has a few throw-away songs to practice with.

Mademoiselle Kitty >^..^<, Zig

19 July 2016
8.30pm
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 22229
354sp_Permalink sp_Print

Into the Sky with Diamonds said
Good thing Macca has a few throw-away songs to practice with.  

Yeah, a few throw-away ones. LOL.

The following people thank Ahhh Girl for this post:

Zig
20 July 2016
1.44am
Mademoiselle Kitty >^..^<
the Netherlands
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1435
355sp_Permalink sp_Print

Just a few, though.

Formerly Known As JPM-Fangirl --Paul-Badge.png 2016

'Out There' - 07-06-2015 - Ziggo Dome Amsterdam -- 'One On One' - 12-06-2016 - Pinkpop Festival Landgraaf

20 July 2016
8.41am
New York
Candlestick Park
Members
356sp_Permalink sp_Print

Tap tap. Awaiting the Zig Report…

Ahhh Girl, Beatlebug, Zig

20 July 2016
9.01am
DrBeatle
The Midwest via Boston
Candlestick Park
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 1595
357sp_Permalink sp_Print

The show in Hershey last night was AMAZING. Even better than when I saw him in 2013. His voice sounded great, he and the band were tight as always, and there were so many new songs from when I saw him last time that it felt very fresh. He seemed really energetic and bouncy and the night was made even more special because I took my wife (her first time seeing him!) and our friends took all of our kids overnight, so it was the first time we had an overnight to ourselves since our oldest was born 12 years ago!

Incredible show. I obviously had concerns about his voice from earlier in the tour but he nailed everything IMO. The bass was mixed nice and high, too, so you could really hear some of those great basslines he played. I’m going to write up a more detailed bit for my blog and include all of the pictures I took, but wow…Paul still brings it!

The following people thank DrBeatle for this post:

Ahhh Girl, Beatlebug, Mademoiselle Kitty >^..^<, Zig, Into the Sky with Diamonds, Matt Busby

"I know you, you know me; one thing I can tell you is you got to be free!"

Please Visit My Website, The Rock and Roll Chemist

Twitter: @rocknrollchem

Facebook: rnrchemist

20 July 2016
9.08am
DrBeatle
The Midwest via Boston
Candlestick Park
Members

Reviewers
358sp_Permalink sp_Print

Zig said
The stadium is very close to the hotel. Just heard Paul & the boys wrap up their soundcheck with Lady Madonna .

Ermahgerd.  

We heard that, too! We pulled into the parking lot (we used our seasons passes to “cheat” and park right next to the stadium) and heard the end of the previous song (couldn’t quite make out what it was) and then “Lady Madonna .”

Ahhh Girl, Zig, Into the Sky with Diamonds

20 July 2016
11.44am
Zig
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
359sp_Permalink sp_Print

Shortly after my previous post, we headed downstairs to catch the hotel shuttle over to the show. There wasn’t enough room for us so we waited for the next one…and waited and waited. By 6:55 it still had not returned. We figured it was trapped in gridlock so we decided to walk. By the time we got there, through security, fought the bathroom lines and the beer lines, we didn’t get to our seats until almost 7:50 for the 8:00 show. I knew that Paul is notoriously late coming on, so wasn’t too worried, but I didn’t get a chance to meet up with DrB for fear of not being able to get back to my seat on time.

The venue was a bit disappointing, particularly the way the seats on the field were set up. If sardines were allowed to attend, they would have left because of the lack of space. There was no room to do anything. I literally had to take great care whenever raising my hands to clap because I didn’t want to accidentally hit anyone in the nose. 

As for the show itself, DrB said it well – amazing. The freshening up of the set list was great – I absolutely loved his version of ‘In Spite Of All The Danger ‘. Zag (all 4′ 11’ of her) was very pleased when Paul ascended upward on the raised platform for a few songs. This was her first Macca show and she loved it. Every song the band played was done very well with high energy and very tight musicianship. If it weren’t for Paul’s graying sideburns, it would be easy to forget he is 74. I agree that his voice was great. The Paulettes would have loved the part (forget which song) when he slowly turned and shook his bum for the camera. The shrieking that ensued almost made me feel like I was at the Hollywood Bowl in 1964.  

The weather was fantastic – low humidity, nice breeze. As it got dark, I kept looking around for the full moon (not Paul’s!). I finally spotted it behind a lighting tower. A little later, the cameras feeding the giant video screens started including shots of the moon. Paul even commented on how beautiful it was. 

After the show, we headed for a wonderful Italian restaurant near the hotel for some late night appetizers and a drink. The place was full of fellow concertgoers which lent to a very fun atmosphere of drinking, eating and singing. All in all, this was a fabulous overnight trip. It’s hard to believe that all those months of waiting for the show are over. 

I’ll be looking forward to seeing @DrBeatle ‘s full review and pics on his blog. Hopefully, we can actually get together sometime. I know a great Italian restaurant not far from where he lives. a-hard-days-night-george-10

DrBeatle, Beatlebug, Ahhh Girl, Mademoiselle Kitty >^..^<, Into the Sky with Diamonds, Matt Busby, sigh butterfly

20 July 2016
11.54am
DrBeatle
The Midwest via Boston
Candlestick Park
Members

Reviewers
360sp_Permalink sp_Print

@Zig GREAT post!!!

You’re right that the seating on the field was tight…Mrs.Beatle warned me because she volunteers as an usher at a lot of shows there (she gets to see lots of free concerts doing this!). Luckily we were 2 seats from the end and the two old ladies who were on the end were very small and spent most of the show in the aisle, so we had plenty of room. But yes, VERY tight, and no chance to spread out as the chairs were all zip-tied together.

The “bum wiggle” was during “And I Love Her !” My wife and all the other ladies were whooping and whistling during that! 😆 Absolutely fantastic night, and yes, GREAT weather especially given how oppressively humid it’s been here recently.

Was the Italian restaurant you’re talking about called Fenicci’s? If so, yes, great place, and Johnny’s Barbershop in the basement is where my son and I go for our haircuts! 🙂

Beatlebug, Zig, Into the Sky with Diamonds, Matt Busby

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2858
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5519
Newest Members:
NJtoTX, seo mavia, adamo3, katybphoto, sleeptalker
Moderators: Joe: 5694, meanmistermustard: 24964, Ahhh Girl: 22229, Beatlebug: 18182, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5694