Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
One On One Tour 2016
2 June 2016
7.24am
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 22213
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
241sp_Permalink sp_Print

Mademoiselle Kitty >^..^< said

Of course, I could try to get pulled up on stage and ask Paul for a lift… Reckon he’d do it? a-hard-days-night-paul-7  

If Paul said “yes”, Nancy would throw you out after 1 mile after seeing you throw yourself at Paul. Wait , is that story about you or my fantasy of me being in the car with Paul???

The following people thank Ahhh Girl for this post:

Beatlebug, Mademoiselle Kitty >^..^<
2 June 2016
10.33am
Zig
The Toppermost of the Poppermost
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 9832
242sp_Permalink sp_Print

@Mademoiselle Kitty >^..^< if I were you, I’d start working on my “Paul, I need a ride home” poster.

The following people thank Zig for this post:

Mademoiselle Kitty >^..^<, Beatlebug

To the fountain of perpetual mirth, let it roll for all its worth. And all the children boogie.

2 June 2016
12.16pm
Mademoiselle Kitty >^..^<
the Netherlands
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1435
243sp_Permalink sp_Print

Ooooh, I should do that! Do you think he’d like glitter? paul-mccartney-thumb_gif

I’m daft enough to do it, and I absolutely would, if only to get a laugh out of him. Alas, signs and posters are on the lengthy list of items that aren’t allowed. I’ll have to sneak in my Everton FC flag too, since club colours aren’t allowed either. I can hide that under my T-shirt, but a poster will be a different matter. I bet he’d love something cheeky like that, though. 

The following people thank Mademoiselle Kitty >^..^< for this post:

Zig, Beatlebug

Formerly Known As JPM-Fangirl --Paul-Badge.png 2016

'Out There' - 07-06-2015 - Ziggo Dome Amsterdam -- 'One On One' - 12-06-2016 - Pinkpop Festival Landgraaf

2 June 2016
1.01pm
Sailorsam
Buenos Aires, Argentina
St Peters Church
Members
Forum Posts: 13
244sp_Permalink sp_Print

There should be a thread about things we have done for paul or beatles, after the concert i was at la plata i waited for the bus for like 5 hours, it was cancelled too, but i wasnt advised, haha i got home at 6 am.

The following people thank Sailorsam for this post:

Zig

¡Hola Buenos Aires!  ¿Que onda ché? ~ Paul Mccartney, La Plata 19/05

2 June 2016
1.08pm
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24950
245sp_Permalink sp_Print

Hack into the computer system to get it to display you need a lift @Mademoiselle Kitty >^..^<, no one will have done so before and it will be definitely get his attention. Preferably have your message appear when he is singing  wither ‘Two Of Us ‘ (“I Need A Life Home, I Need A Lift Home, Get Me Home””) or ‘Golden Slumbers (“Once there was a way to get back homeward, once there was a way to get back home… until my bus was cancelled. I need a lift Paul”)

The following people thank meanmistermustard for this post:

Mademoiselle Kitty >^..^<, Zig, Beatlebug

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

2 June 2016
1.33pm
the Netherlands
Candlestick Park
Members
246sp_Permalink sp_Print

Ah bollocks, I knew I should have done that programming course twenty years ago…. Now how am I going to hack Paul’s computer? paul-mccartney-facepalm_gif 

I love your quotes, though. I may have to think of a way to use them. paul-mccartney-thumb_gif

Beatlebug

'Out There' - 07-06-2015 - Ziggo Dome Amsterdam -- 'One On One' - 12-06-2016 - Pinkpop Festival Landgraaf

2 June 2016
9.00pm
Beatlebug
Find me where ye echo lays

Moderators
Forum Posts: 18181
247sp_Permalink sp_Print

I’m daft enough to do it, and I absolutely would, if only to get a laugh out of him. Alas, signs and posters are on the lengthy list of items that aren’t allowed. I’ll have to sneak in my Everton FC flag too, since club colours aren’t allowed either. I can hide that under my T-shirt, but a poster will be a different matter.

Hmm… perhaps you could get a t-shirt that says I NEED A LIFT HOME, PAUL in big glittery letters. I mean, that would be far more fab than whichever fab-but-on-an-ordinary-scale shirt you currently have in mind, right? a-hard-days-night-george-10

I bet he’d love something cheeky like that, though. 

I imagine he would. a-hard-days-night-paul-11 

The following people thank Beatlebug for this post:

([{BRACKETS!}])
New to Forumpool? You can introduce yourself here.
If you love The Beatles Bible, and you have adblock, don't forget to white-list this site!
whiteheart.png
avatar_creative_signature_Hmm.pngStarSpangledBanner.png

3 June 2016
12.10am
the Netherlands
Candlestick Park
Members
248sp_Permalink sp_Print

I don’t know, @Beatlebug, the T-shirt I have in mind is pretty darn fab….

Plus, I’ll be wearing the jacket ‘a Beatles shop exploded all over’, as well.paul-mccartney-thumb_gif I’ve been tweaking it a bit, moving the patches around to use a bigger surface, taking some off, adding different ones… It looks much better now, I think. And, I discovered it actually does have pockets, only they were sewn shut at the factory. After removing one line of stitches on either pocket, which was a drag but I managed, the problem was solved. So, I’ll be able to keep some tissues at the ready in case you-know-who does anything to make me cry. You know, like show up… paul-mccartney-facepalm_gif Or sing a-hard-days-night-ringo-13 Or look in my general direction beatlemaniacs_02_gif 

I’ve got an idea which involves making my Everton flag two-sided so one side becomes a sign. Given the rules of the festival, it ought to be the only one, so he’ll definitely read it…. (insert evil grin) a-hard-days-night-john-3

Beatlebug, Ahhh Girl

3 June 2016
4.08am
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
249sp_Permalink sp_Print

Why can’t you have a sign at his concert (meaning more than because its written in the t&c’s)? I suppose a flag could be used as a deadly weapon what with the pole/stick it comes with but a sign – in case someone eats it!  

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

3 June 2016
4.58am
Zig
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
250sp_Permalink sp_Print

Sailorsam said
There should be a thread about things we have done for paul or beatles, after the concert i was at la plata i waited for the bus for like 5 hours, it was cancelled too, but i wasnt advised, haha i got home at 6 am.  

Right. I once “shushed” my wife because a Beatles song was on. Once. a-hard-days-night-paul-10

I’ll be wearing the jacket ‘a Beatles shop exploded all over’, as well.paul-mccartney-thumb_gif I’ve been tweaking it a bit, moving the patches around to use a bigger surface, taking some off, adding different ones… It looks much better now, I think. And, I discovered it actually does have pockets, only they were sewn shut at the factory. After removing one line of stitches on either pocket, which was a drag but I managed, the problem was solved.

That jacket is be something Paul could identify with. It’s gone through more “takes” than Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da . I can’t wait to see the finished product…if it’s ever finished.

In all seriousness, though, your excitement over seeing Paul is infectious. I’m so looking forward to reading your “day after” post. I’d tell you to have a great time, but you already are. paul-mccartney

Beatlebug, Ahhh Girl

To the fountain of perpetual mirth, let it roll for all its worth. And all the children boogie.

3 June 2016
5.03am
the Netherlands
Candlestick Park
Members

@meanmistermustard Your guess is as good as mine! I, too, find it odd that a 2 meter flag pole is allowed, but a piece of cardboard is not. Then again, I rather get bashed in the head than get a paper cut… paul-mccartney

@Zig I am already having a good time! Music is one of the few joys I have in life, so these moments are what I live for. I fear you’re right, though. That jacket might never reach its final state. 

Beatlebug, Zig

3 June 2016
8.39am
the Netherlands
Candlestick Park
Members
252sp_Permalink sp_Print

Well, I’ve taken The Jacket out for a spin today, and no sooner did I get on the ferry or someone had already taken a picture of it, because her husband also loves the Beatles. Looks like it’ll be a success with those who know what it’s about paul-mccartney-thumb_gif

Beatlebug, Ahhh Girl, meanmistermustard

3 June 2016
8.52am
Zig
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
253sp_Permalink sp_Print

I love how we are now calling it The Jacket. It has a life of its own. Too cool that folks are already taking pictures of it! ahdn_ringo_09

Beatlebug, Mademoiselle Kitty >^..^<

10 June 2016
7.53am
the Netherlands
Candlestick Park
Members
254sp_Permalink sp_Print

Well, I think I’m just about ready for Sunday. I’ve got everything I need, and I’m chomping at the bit. Also, I received some good news. The schedule has been moved around a bit, and Paul now gets two full hours instead of 90 minutes, so that’s nearly a normal festival set. He’s scheduled to get off the stage at 23:45 and the music has to stop no later than midnight, so there’s even a little bit of wiggle room if he doesn’t want to make any concessions. I wonder why the times have been altered. It was changed sometime in the last few days, and I wonder if Paul had anything to do with it since the other time slots don’t appear to have been expanded. Either way, I am very excited, of course. It looks like it’ll rain but hey…. Rain , I don’t mind. paul-mccartney-thumb_gif

The Hippie Chick, Ahhh Girl, Beatlebug

10 June 2016
3.34pm
The Hippie Chick
Counting the holes in Blackburn, Lancashire
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1387
255sp_Permalink sp_Print

Enjoy!! But I know you will.paul-mccartney-thumb_gif

The following people thank The Hippie Chick for this post:

“She wasn't doing a thing that I could see, except standing there leaning on the balcony railing, holding the universe together.”  - J.D. Salinger

10 June 2016
8.55pm
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 22213
256sp_Permalink sp_Print

Story

Today, Facebook introduced the ability to post 360-degree photos to the site. To celebrate, the social media giant has recruited Paul McCartney to share one of Facebook’s first 360 photos. It was taken during his stop in Córdoba, Argentina on his ongoing “One on One Tour.” Check it out below. McCartney plans to post more 360 photos beginning with his June 10 show at Munich’s Olympic Stadium.

https://www.facebook.com/PaulM…..38;theater

The following people thank Ahhh Girl for this post:

11 June 2016
1.07am
the Netherlands
Candlestick Park
Members

Yeah, I’ve seen those and they’re great. Didn’t know Paul was the one to introduce them to the FB public, though. That’s pretty cool! paul-mccartney-thumb_gif

I downloaded Sphere yesterday, hoping to make at least one 360 photo tomorrow. It takes a long while to do, though, at least when using a smartphone. It might be too tedious to do during the concert.paul-mccartney-facepalm_gif

11 June 2016
2.17pm
Eleanor Macca
Following the sun ....
Royal Command Performance
Members
Forum Posts: 251
258sp_Permalink sp_Print

I’m just coming back from the Munich concert … It was amazing !beatlemaniacs_02_gif

I was enjoying the show so much, that I almost don’t have pictures, but that’s not so important to me, ’cause I have this unique experience in my head and in my heart forever  heart

So many magical moments…

Have fun @Mademoiselle Kitty 🙂 Hope Paul pulls you up on stage! a-hard-days-night-george-10

The following people thank Eleanor Macca for this post:

Ahhh Girl, Beatlebug

'Put music to our troubles and we'll dance them away..." 

11 June 2016
2.34pm
the Netherlands
Candlestick Park
Members
259sp_Permalink sp_Print

Thank you, @Eleanor Macca, so do I! If you feel like sharing, we’d love to read about your experience. I know I would!

11 June 2016
2.38pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
260sp_Permalink sp_Print

Ahhh Girl said
Story

Today, Facebook introduced the ability to post 360-degree photos to the site. To celebrate, the social media giant has recruited Paul McCartney to share one of Facebook’s first 360 photos. It was taken during his stop in Córdoba, Argentina on his ongoing “One on One Tour.” Check it out below. McCartney plans to post more 360 photos beginning with his June 10 show at Munich’s Olympic Stadium.

https://www.facebook.com/PaulM…..heater  

Being stuck back in 1986 and still getting my ahead around cameras on phones I find that weird and unsettling.

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online: Sea Belt
Guest(s) 1
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2859
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5510
Newest Members:
frankc, viv@nelsontraining.co.uk, bornhairyman, frankkilmore123@gmail.com, onlyanorthernsong
Moderators: Joe: 5691, meanmistermustard: 24950, Ahhh Girl: 22213, Beatlebug: 18181, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5691