Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
One On One Tour 2016
19 May 2016
2.25pm
Zig
The Toppermost of the Poppermost
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 9832
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
221sp_Permalink sp_Print

Paulrus the Walrus said
I’m going to see him in Philadelphia in July. Should be a good concert.   

I’m going to the show in Hershey one week later. Two months from today!

To the fountain of perpetual mirth, let it roll for all its worth. And all the children boogie.

19 May 2016
2.48pm
Zig
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
222sp_Permalink sp_Print

Forgot to post this earlier. From a show a couple of nights ago. This girl is only 10 years old.

The following people thank Zig for this post:

Beatlebug, Midori78, Eleanor Macca, Beatleva

To the fountain of perpetual mirth, let it roll for all its worth. And all the children boogie.

20 May 2016
7.16am
Eleanor Macca
Following the sun ....
Royal Command Performance
Members
Forum Posts: 251
223sp_Permalink sp_Print

Zig said
Forgot to post this earlier. From a show a couple of nights ago. This girl is only 10 years old.

Such a lucky girl!  john-lennon-salute_gif What a story she has for her children and grand children ( I played with Paul McCartney ….) beatlemaniacs_02_gif

The following people thank Eleanor Macca for this post:

Zig

'Put music to our troubles and we'll dance them away..." 

20 May 2016
7.49am
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24964
224sp_Permalink sp_Print

I’m a highly cynical person but that is so cool. What an incredible experience that most musicians can only dream of never mind fans.

The following people thank meanmistermustard for this post:

Zig

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

20 May 2016
8.05am
Mademoiselle Kitty >^..^<
the Netherlands
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1435
225sp_Permalink sp_Print

And this is why Paul is one of the coolest blokes on the planet. Just great!

The following people thank Mademoiselle Kitty >^..^< for this post:

Zig

Formerly Known As JPM-Fangirl --Paul-Badge.png 2016

'Out There' - 07-06-2015 - Ziggo Dome Amsterdam -- 'One On One' - 12-06-2016 - Pinkpop Festival Landgraaf

20 May 2016
8.29am
Beatlebug
Find me where ye echo lays

Moderators
Forum Posts: 18182
226sp_Permalink sp_Print

SO JEALOUS 

Hey Paul, bring me up there– I can bass too! beatlemaniacs_02_gif 

The following people thank Beatlebug for this post:

Zig, Ahhh Girl

([{BRACKETS!}])
New to Forumpool? You can introduce yourself here.
If you love The Beatles Bible, and you have adblock, don't forget to white-list this site!
whiteheart.png
avatar_creative_signature_Hmm.pngStarSpangledBanner.png

21 May 2016
12.56am
Bullion
London Palladium
Members
Forum Posts: 185
227sp_Permalink sp_Print

I don’t understand how a tour can be announced without an LA date. How much longer before there’s an LA date? Hopefully Staples Center or Hollywood Bowl, whatever sounds better

Image Enlarger

21 May 2016
3.07am
the Netherlands
Candlestick Park
Members

For the same reason it can be announced without an Amsterdam date, a London date, a NYC date, et cetera. Paul can’t be expected to play in everyone’s back yard. People will have to travel. The tour kicked off in CA, and there are four more CA dates on the list now. That seems like an awful lot compared to the rest. When is it enough?

Remember: many people don’t even get a tour date in their country, or even on their continent. Others will have to travel for many hours to see a concert. I think not getting a gig in your home town isn’t the worst that could happen.

'Out There' - 07-06-2015 - Ziggo Dome Amsterdam -- 'One On One' - 12-06-2016 - Pinkpop Festival Landgraaf

21 May 2016
3.27am
Bullion
London Palladium
Members
229sp_Permalink sp_Print

Mademoiselle Kitty >^..^< said
For the same reason it can be announced without an Amsterdam date, a London date, a NYC date, et cetera. Paul can’t be expected to play in everyone’s back yard. People will have to travel. The tour kicked off in CA, and there are four more CA dates on the list now. That seems like an awful lot compared to the rest. When is it enough?

Remember: many people don’t even get a tour date in their country, or even on their continent. Others will have to travel for many hours to see a concert. I think not getting a gig in your home town isn’t the worst that could happen.  

I wanted to see Prince when he performed in Oakland, which is about 6 hours from LA. I figured I could just wait to until he came to Los Angeles, feeling it’s certain that he would – but because of his death I missed out on seeing him, so I never got to see one of my favorite musicians ever during my lifetime. Music means so much to me so that does bother me but at my core I hate to miss out on an experience I want to have. I could see him Paul in Sacramento but then he could add a Los Angeles date. Going to Sacramento would require mt to leave my dog home alone for 3 days at least and I’d be worried about her – that is the biggest barrier that keeps me from going. I tried to get the Desert Trip ticket but wasn’t able to

mrrrumph

21 May 2016
5.52am
Eleanor Macca
Following the sun ....
Royal Command Performance
Members
Forum Posts: 251

Mademoiselle Kitty >^..^< said

That’s right paul-mccartney-thumb_gif I will ttavel to see him too, and I think it’s even better with a little trip a-hard-days-night-george-10

@Bullion I cross my fingers for you to find a way to see Paul 🙂 

The following people thank Eleanor Macca for this post:

Bullion

'Put music to our troubles and we'll dance them away..." 

21 May 2016
6.12am
the Netherlands
Candlestick Park
Members

Can’t you get someone to look after your dog and travel back the same day or the next morning? 

I get what you mean, but you really need to try and see things in the right perspective. Paul hasn’t been to Australia in some 20 years. How do you think Aussies handle that? They either miss out, or they travel. When you look at it that way, 360 miles doesn’t seem so bad, does it?

FWIW, I do hope you’ll get your chance and I’m sure you will. Paul is alive and kicking and I bet he’ll stay that way for a while yet. paul-mccartney-thumb_gif

Bullion

21 May 2016
6.56am
Starr Shine?
Waiting in the sky
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 16105
232sp_Permalink sp_Print

The tour kicked off in CA, and there are four more CA dates on the list now. That seems like an awful lot compared to the rest. When is it enough?

Cali is the most populated state in the US so it makes sense to have a bunch. There are twice as many people in California than in the Netherlands.

The following people thank Starr Shine? for this post:

Bullion

https://youtu.be/52nwiTs7bk8

Brainwashed by RadiantCowbells.

If you can't log in and can't use the forum go here and someone will help you out.

21 May 2016
8.28am
the Netherlands
Candlestick Park
Members

And they get five times as many concerts a-hard-days-night-paul-5

Look, I said I hope he gets to go, didn’t I? And I do. And I’m sure he will. paul-mccartney-thumb_gif

Eleanor Macca, Bullion

21 May 2016
9.13am
Zig
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
234sp_Permalink sp_Print

Don.W said

I wanted to see Prince when he performed in Oakland, which is about 6 hours from LA. I figured I could just wait to until he came to Los Angeles, feeling it’s certain that he would – but because of his death I missed out on seeing him, so I never got to see one of my favorite musicians ever during my lifetime. Music means so much to me so that does bother me but at my core I hate to miss out on an experience I want to have. I could see him Paul in Sacramento but then he could add a Los Angeles date. Going to Sacramento would require mt to leave my dog home alone for 3 days at least and I’d be worried about her – that is the biggest barrier that keeps me from going. I tried to get the Desert Trip ticket but wasn’t able to

Hey @Bullion . We use a service called DogVacay and are very happy with them. They are nationwide and you can find sitters that will have your dog stay with them, stay at your place with your dog, or simply pop in a couple of times a day to feed and walk her – just depends on your budget, but either way, you will have peace of mind. They will even send you updates and pictures via email.  We’ve used them quite a few times with two different sitters and have yet to have a bad experience. 

Hope that helps. john-lennon-salute_gif

Bullion

21 May 2016
11.11am
Bullion
London Palladium
Members
235sp_Permalink sp_Print

Zig said

Don.W said

Hey @Bullion . We use a service called DogVacay and are very happy with them. They are nationwide and you can find sitters that will have your dog stay with them, stay at your place with your dog, or simply pop in a couple of times a day to feed and walk her – just depends on your budget, but either way, you will have peace of mind. They will even send you updates and pictures via email.  We’ve used them quite a few times with two different sitters and have yet to have a bad experience. 

Hope that helps. john-lennon-salute_gif  

This is amazing! Thank you 🙂

The following people thank Bullion for this post:

Zig
21 May 2016
10.54pm
Zig
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
236sp_Permalink sp_Print

Happy to help, Don – especially if it means you can go see Macca without a worry. It seems you care about your dog as much as we do. We found out about them through our Vet who highly recommended them. One of the many cool things about their service is the fact that you can set up a meeting with potential sitters to see how your dog will interact with them. My wife and I are firm believers that dogs are excellent judges of a persons character.

Bullion

25 May 2016
4.21pm
Sailorsam
Buenos Aires, Argentina
St Peters Church
Members
Forum Posts: 13
237sp_Permalink sp_Print

Talking about distances from tours, i live in patagonia and i travelled 1900km to see him at la plata stadium,  it worth every inch travelled u know. 

The following people thank Sailorsam for this post:

Ahhh Girl, Little Piggy Dragonguy, Mademoiselle Kitty >^..^<, Zig

¡Hola Buenos Aires!  ¿Que onda ché? ~ Paul Mccartney, La Plata 19/05

2 June 2016
12.24am
the Netherlands
Candlestick Park
Members
238sp_Permalink sp_Print

Ten days to go until Paul takes the stage at Pinkpop beatlemaniacs_02_gif

And my bus got cancelled ahdn_paul_01, so now I won’t be able to get home after the concert. Better start thinking of ways to get through the night without having a place to sleep… paul-mccartney-facepalm_gif

Beatlebug

2 June 2016
5.45am
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24964
239sp_Permalink sp_Print

Why was your bus cancelled? Was it a normal regular every day bus or one put on for the concert? Can’t you book a hotel or a room somewhere? Take care of yourself.

The following people thank meanmistermustard for this post:

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

2 June 2016
5.56am
the Netherlands
Candlestick Park
Members
240sp_Permalink sp_Print

It was a charter of sorts. There are these companies that organise bus trips from all over the country to big events, but this one got cancelled due to too few signups. I won’t be able to catch the last train, unfortunately. 

It looks like it’s going to rain, otherwise I wouldn’t mind at all. Nights are quite warm now – 15-20 degrees, so that would actually be really pleasant. I’d just park myself in the grass and have a kip for a few hours. If the forecast clears up, I might still do that. If it really will rain, then I hope to at least make it to the train station. I’m not worried about being out on my own at night; I’ve been known to walk long distances in the dead of night anyway, and nobody ever bothered me. I would, however, like to be able to sit after the concert. My back and feet will be killing me.

Of course, I could try to get pulled up on stage and ask Paul for a lift… Reckon he’d do it? a-hard-days-night-paul-7

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2858
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5519
Newest Members:
seo mavia, adamo3, katybphoto, sleeptalker, Lovethebeatles
Moderators: Joe: 5694, meanmistermustard: 24964, Ahhh Girl: 22227, Beatlebug: 18182, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5694