Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
McCartney 2016 tour
12 February 2016
5.16pm
Into the Sky with Diamonds
New York
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1979
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Anyone have info on this? [Not the “Out There” tour]

Note: Ahhh Girl here. As dates are announced, I’ll add them to post one in the thread so they can be easily found.

Sunday 12th June – Pinkpop, Netherlands
Thursday 30th June – Rock Werchter, Belgium

"Into the Sky with Diamonds" (the Beatles and the Race to the Moon – a history)

12 February 2016
6.23pm
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 22221

All I’ve seen so far is that he may be at Pinkpop in The Netherlands this year. I’m sure someone will rush to this thread to make a post as soon as dates and places are announced. Several of us may trip over one another to be the first one to bring the information to the group.

The following people thank Ahhh Girl for this post:

Into the Sky with Diamonds, Mademoiselle Kitty >^..^<
12 February 2016
7.25pm
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 12534

I seem to remember it being said that Pinkpop makes its final line-up announcement on the 17th. If Paul is announced for the Sunday night slot, it’s unlikely to be a one-off performance, which would suggest a European tour in the summer.

There are certainly hints at a tour this year, Rolling Stone captioned a picture of Paul and Nancy a couple of weeks saying he’d be touring this year.

If the rumours about him being back in the studio are true, that would probably take up the first few months of this year, which would also suggest summer dates are the earliest that might be expected.

Europe was also pretty neglected on the Out There tour (primarily, I think, because illness led to much juggling of tour dates), and so it would make sense to start off in Europe.

I think the announcement of Pinkpop’s final line-up is the one to watch.

The following people thank Ron Nasty for this post:

Mademoiselle Kitty >^..^<

"I only said we were bigger than Rod... and now there's all this!" Ron Nasty

To @ Ron Nasty it's @ mja6758
The Beatles Bible 2020 non-Canon Poll Part One: 1958-1963 and Part Two: 1964-August 1966

12 February 2016
7.42pm
Zig
The Toppermost of the Poppermost
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 9832

Ahhh Girl said
All I’ve seen so far is that he may be at Pinkpop in The Netherlands this year. I’m sure someone will rush to this thread to make a post as soon as dates and places are announced. Several of us may trip over one another to be the first one to bring the information to the group.

You won’t trip over me. I’ll wait for someone to deliver the news. Now, fetch me the finest ales, meats and cheeses in the land.

Image Enlarger

Is there any more Yoo-Hoo in the royal fridge?

The following people thank Zig for this post:

Beatlebug, Ahhh Girl, Into the Sky with Diamonds, natureaker

To the fountain of perpetual mirth, let it roll for all its worth. And all the children boogie.

12 February 2016
8.04pm
Beatlebug
Find me where ye echo lays

Moderators
Forum Posts: 18182

Zig orated magnificently 

Quoth Ahhh Girl  
Several of us may trip over one another to be the first one to bring the information to the group.

You won’t trip over me. I’ll wait for someone to deliver the news. Now, fetch me the finest ales, meats and cheeses in the land.

Image Enlarger

I shall join thee, Your Royal Zigness, in calmly and patiently awaiting on you all the news. 

The following people thank Beatlebug for this post:

Into the Sky with Diamonds, pepperland

([{BRACKETS!}])
New to Forumpool? You can introduce yourself here.
If you love The Beatles Bible, and you have adblock, don't forget to white-list this site!
whiteheart.png
avatar_creative_signature_Hmm.pngStarSpangledBanner.png

13 February 2016
1.43am
Mademoiselle Kitty >^..^<
the Netherlands
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1435

Ron Nasty said
I seem to remember it being said that Pinkpop makes its final line-up announcement on the 17th. If Paul is announced for the Sunday night slot, it’s unlikely to be a one-off performance, which would suggest a European tour in the summer.

My thinking exactly.

Pinkpop is nearly impossible for me to make, as it is a long journey (it’s not the most accessible part of the nation), it’d be a relatively short show, and getting anywhere near a spot with a decent view would be nearly impossible, unless I camp out on the field all day. So, as gutted as I am about it, I’ll let that one go. But…. I am also half expecting some European tour dates. It would seem Paul really favours the US nowadays, so him appearing in Europe is, to me, significant. Doing Pinkpop means Paul’s probably celebrating his birthday in England this year, which leads me to believe he’s either recording, or planning a tour. I’m hoping both. I’m willing to travel a bit, but of course, I hope Pinkpop isn’t all the Dutch will see of him. Thos festivals aren’t Paul’s audience anyway, maybe half of the people (probably less) will be his true fans. So, here’s hoping…

My mum went… ‘but you said you wanted to see him once, and you did, so you would’t have to go to another show.

I was like…. paul-mccartneyahdn_paul_01a-hard-days-night-paul-10a-hard-days-night-paul-11

I mean, she means well, but seriously?

Image Enlarger

Image Enlarger

I said I definitely want to see him again if I can, you know, while there’s still a chance, and I think she understood.

The following people thank Mademoiselle Kitty >^..^< for this post:

Beatlebug, Ahhh Girl

Formerly Known As JPM-Fangirl --Paul-Badge.png 2016

'Out There' - 07-06-2015 - Ziggo Dome Amsterdam -- 'One On One' - 12-06-2016 - Pinkpop Festival Landgraaf

13 February 2016
8.21am
Zig
The Toppermost of the Poppermost
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 9832

JPM-Fangirl said

My mum went… ‘but you said you wanted to see him once, and you did, so you would’t have to go to another show.

I was like…. paul-mccartneyahdn_paul_01a-hard-days-night-paul-10a-hard-days-night-paul-11

I said I definitely want to see him again if I can, you know, while there’s still a chance, and I think she understood.

Paul concerts are like potato chips (crisps) – you can’t have just one.

The following people thank Zig for this post:

Ahhh Girl, Beatlebug, Mademoiselle Kitty >^..^<

To the fountain of perpetual mirth, let it roll for all its worth. And all the children boogie.

13 February 2016
9.44am
Beatlebug
Find me where ye echo lays

Moderators
Forum Posts: 18182

Zig remarked aptly 

JPM-Fangirl reminisced 

Paul concerts are like potato chips (crisps) – you can’t have just one.

Or ukuleles! ahdn_george_06 

The following people thank Beatlebug for this post:

Zig, pepperland

([{BRACKETS!}])
New to Forumpool? You can introduce yourself here.
If you love The Beatles Bible, and you have adblock, don't forget to white-list this site!
whiteheart.png
avatar_creative_signature_Hmm.pngStarSpangledBanner.png

13 February 2016
10.46am
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24964

I saw Paul live back in 2010, I have zero desire to go see him again. Great night but been there, done that, have the tour booklet somewhere.

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

15 February 2016
6.49am
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 22221

Paul has announced two dates:

Sunday 12th June – Pinkpop, Netherlands
Thursday 30th June – Rock Werchter, Belgium

The following people thank Ahhh Girl for this post:

Into the Sky with Diamonds
Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2858
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5518
Newest Members:
katybphoto, sleeptalker, Lovethebeatles, vtrop, nickygrangery
Moderators: Joe: 5694, meanmistermustard: 24964, Ahhh Girl: 22221, Beatlebug: 18182, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5694