Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
Question about the 2012 Blue Ray/DVD/EP
13 March 2015
7.13pm
PeterWeatherby
A Park in the Dark
Ed Sullivan Show
Members
Forum Posts: 418
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Most reviews I’ve read focus on the remastering of the video, and give a side mention of the EP being included (I’m talking about the deluxe box set, of course).

Does anyone know if the EP was remastered? It was 2012, so it would have been right around the time they were issuing the stereo remasters on vinyl, so I’m hopeful that maybe this EP also got some magical treatment.

Not a bit like Cagney.

14 December 2015
10.21am
Bongo
Somewhere In Time
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1916

PeterWeatherby said
Most reviews I’ve read focus on the remastering of the video, and give a side mention of the EP being included (I’m talking about the deluxe box set, of course).

Does anyone know if the EP was remastered? It was 2012, so it would have been right around the time they were issuing the stereo remasters on vinyl, so I’m hopeful that maybe this EP also got some magical treatment.

Good question!

I would assume they just took the remastered Capitol LP version and stuck it on the EP/DVD set, like they’ve been doing since the 2009 remastered CDs.

Other than that, I think they only made stereo/mono re-issues in the early 70’s of the EP, and doubt very much, there was much mastering going on back then.

Screen-Shot-2022-10-04-at-7.52.07-PM.png   BEATLES Music gives me Eargasms!  apple01

14 December 2015
11.13am
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24950

Can’t find anything solid but i’d presume they use the 2009 remasters. Can’t for the life of me seeing them go with anything else. Note that the mixes are in mono not stereo – from beatlesrarity.com

A double vinyl EP edition containing the mono mixes of the 6 film songs (“Magical Mystery Tour ,” “Fool On The Hill,” “Flying , Blue Jay Way ,” “Your Mother Should Know ” and “I Am The Walrus ”) and a replicated version of the original 1967 photo/comic strip booklet that came with the original EP or LP release.

The following people thank meanmistermustard for this post:

Dingle Lad

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

9 March 2020
7.13am
Dingle Lad
Detroit Rock Citizen
Carnegie Hall
Members
Forum Posts: 610

Giles remixed everything for the DVD and it sounds great. The version of I Am The Walrus that was around my house as a little kid was the American single version which had the extra beats after Yellow Matter Custurd. Those were missing when I got the Blue Album . Storage stuff for a lad of thirteen.

What is happening? And tell me how you've been.

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2859
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5509
Newest Members:
frankc, viv@nelsontraining.co.uk, bornhairyman, frankkilmore123@gmail.com, onlyanorthernsong
Moderators: Joe: 5691, meanmistermustard: 24950, Ahhh Girl: 22213, Beatlebug: 18181, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5691