Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
What if John left the Beatles in 1962?
6 August 2017
2.19pm
SgtPeppersBulldog
Swinging London
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 3157
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Came across this on YouTube the other day. I think it has an interesting perspective to what could’ve happened, but it doesn’t seem realistic enough. The whole incident seems to have happened in this universe solely because John and Paul had a disagreement while recording How Do You Do It instead of Love Me Do , which I think is a ridiculous idea in it’s own. I also think the Beatles would’ve even carried on for long without John in reality, even if they did decide to take this route. C Moon as a Beatles song!? Ugh!

I’m sure many of you will have disagreements over the video as well, but it is fun seeing John using his humor and wit in an alternate universe. a-hard-days-night-john-6

"Some kind of happiness is measured out in miles... " 

2017: 

6 August 2017
2.29pm
Dark Overlord
Nowhere Land
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 4470

This situation is as unlikely as Capitol refusing The Beatles even after I Want To Hold Your Hand but i’ll try to make the best of it.

Had John left in 1962, The Beatles would’ve broke up shortly after and John would be telling Mimi that she’s right and would get a normal job and rock and roll as we know it would die.

How do i know that The Beatles would’ve broken up had John quit. You see, John actually did quit The Beatles. In September of 1969, around the time that Abbey Road was released, John quit. After that, The Beatles recorded one more full song together, which is I Me Mine , and did a few overdubs in early 1970 before biting the dust and reuniting with the same exact lineup they left off with 24 years later where they were only able to record 4 new songs before breaking up once again in 1996.

The following people thank Dark Overlord for this post:

SgtPeppersBulldog

If you're reading this, you are looking for something to do.

7 August 2017
10.07am
Bongo
Somewhere In Time
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1916

John would most likely still be alive today!

The following people thank Bongo for this post:

Little Piggy Dragonguy

Screen-Shot-2022-10-04-at-7.52.07-PM.png   BEATLES Music gives me Eargasms!  apple01

7 August 2017
10.33am
Flyingbrians
Robin Hood Country
Paris Olympia
Members
Forum Posts: 363

I think the Beatles would have either split up, or continued and their music wouldn’t have been as good. 

Yes I think music today would be completely different, but I think the rock Revolution of the 60’s probably would’ve still happened. 

The following people thank Flyingbrians for this post:

SgtPeppersBulldog

"And life flows on within you and without you" - George Harrison

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2856
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5516
Newest Members:
nickygrangery, pmolsen, thebeatlesshow, Boy Im Gonna Carry That Weight, Something
Moderators: Joe: 5692, meanmistermustard: 24959, Ahhh Girl: 22221, Beatlebug: 18182, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5692