Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
Weird things happening with the forum
27 April 2018
6.26pm
The Hole Got Fixed
A Dock at Southampton

Moderators
Forum Posts: 8410
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
2401sp_Permalink sp_Print

AppleScruffJunior said

Edit No. 1: I also am now denied access to ‘Most recent topics with unread posts’. I get this message: 

Access denied – security check failed
Unable to complete the request

Please reload the page and retry the operation  

That’s one problem I don’t have. 

I also don’t have the problem the forum home screen not updating. 

#AppleHoley2024: Make America Great For The First Time
2016 awards: Username-Badge.png 2017 awards: The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2017.png 2018 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2018.png 2019 awards: Ringo-2019.png 2020 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2020.png 2021 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2021.png
aus-flag-v-small.png

28 April 2018
2.45pm
AppleScruffJunior
Sitting here doing nothing but procrastinating...
Apple rooftop
Reviewers

Members
Forum Posts: 7583
2402sp_Permalink sp_Print

My forum homepage has now righted itself- thank the lord. If I saw the Baseball thread was commented in 15 hours ago again I would lose it.

The following people thank AppleScruffJunior for this post:

The Hole Got Fixed, Beatlebug

INTROVERTS UNITE! Separately....in your own homes!

Make Love, Not Wardrobes!

"Stop throwing jelly beans at me"- George Harrison

30 April 2018
1.06pm
Beatlebug
Find me where ye echo lays

Moderators
Forum Posts: 18181
2403sp_Permalink sp_Print

Still can’t add reply without quoting. And I can’t write PMs at all. a-hard-days-night-paul-10

([{BRACKETS!}])
New to Forumpool? You can introduce yourself here.
If you love The Beatles Bible, and you have adblock, don't forget to white-list this site!
whiteheart.png
avatar_creative_signature_Hmm.pngStarSpangledBanner.png

30 April 2018
4.39pm
The Hole Got Fixed
A Dock at Southampton

Moderators
2404sp_Permalink sp_Print

I’ve just tested, I’ve got neither of those problems 

2016 awards: Username-Badge.png 2017 awards: The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2017.png 2018 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2018.png 2019 awards: Ringo-2019.png 2020 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2020.png 2021 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2021.png
aus-flag-v-small.png

30 April 2018
4.45pm
Beatlebug

Moderators
2405sp_Permalink sp_Print

To: Beatlebug
Subject: Testing for the glitchy PM problem
30 April 2018 – 5.38pm
Hi!

How’s your day been? 

Very PM-less, at least on my outbox end ahdn_george_08ahdn_paul_01

@AppleScruffJunior also tried to help my inbox by sending a PM, to no avail. ahdn_paul_01

The following people thank Beatlebug for this post:

The Hole Got Fixed

([{BRACKETS!}])
If you love The Beatles Bible, and you have adblock, don't forget to white-list this site!
whiteheart.png

1 May 2018
5.22am
The Hole Got Fixed
A Dock at Southampton

Moderators
2406sp_Permalink sp_Print

I was reading @VeraChuckandDave ‘s post in Beatley Moments, and I noticed I didn’t have an option to PM VeraChuckandDave, although every other post allowed me to PM their respective owners. 

Is this an isolated problem or not?

IMG_2260.PNGImage Enlarger

aus-flag-v-small.png

1 May 2018
6.51am
Joe
Pepperland
Admin
Forum Posts: 5691
2407sp_Permalink sp_Print

@The Hole Got Fixed 

@VeraChuckandDave has opted out of the PM system. You can do this in your profile options > Edit Global Options > Opt out of private messaging.

@Beatlebug It might be that you need to clear your local cache/cookies. Can you please check the forum on another browser/device and see if replying/PMs work?

Everyone else:

Really sorry about the caching issue. I experienced it myself last week, but after clearing the cache it seemed to be OK. That might have been a temporary fix though. I’ve just tried excluding the whole forum from caching again to see if that helps. Please @me if it’s still a problem.

The following people thank Joe for this post:

Father McKenzie, The Hole Got Fixed, Beatlebug

Can buy me love! Please consider supporting the Beatles Bible on Amazon
Or buy my paperback/ebook! Riding So High – The Beatles and Drugs

Don't miss The Bowie Bible – now live!

1 May 2018
11.08am
Beatlebug

Moderators
2408sp_Permalink sp_Print

It seems to work fine in Firefox. I’ll clear my Chrome cache and see if that works.

([{BRACKETS!}])
whiteheart.png

12 May 2018
11.32pm
WeepingAtlasCedars
Gelzelha, The Void
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 2699
2409sp_Permalink sp_Print

Why are there threads being locked? I noticed that the baseball thread was, and @Beatlebug pointed out that the Bowie thread was, too. Have I missed something here? Is there something going on that no-one’s telling me?

"WeepyC came into the fray as the premier Jimmy Page fan, and will remain." - sir walter raleigh

2016 & 2017: Username-Badge.png

2020: Creative-Contribution-2020.pngFunniest-Post-2020.pngMost-Likely-to-Cheer-Somebody-Up-in-a-Bad-Mood-2020.png

12 May 2018
11.54pm
The Hole Got Fixed
A Dock at Southampton

Moderators
2410sp_Permalink sp_Print

@WeepingAtlasCedars And the Pink Floyd, Elvis, and the Queen threads too..

And I just went to post a dream I had last night about @Ahhh Girl serving me at my library, but I noticed the dreams thread is also locked. 

And if you scroll through All Together Now , it’s a minefield of recently locked threads…

aus-flag-v-small.png

13 May 2018
1.11am
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 12534
2411sp_Permalink sp_Print

And the Dylan thread is locked, which is one I would’ve argued for when locking threads was up for debate on the grounds it often touches on The Beatles association with them, especially his close friendship with George.

Difficult to think this isn’t a rather underhanded way of going back on what was said at the end of the recent debate – that new thread creation in “All Together Now ” would be prevented but existing threads would not be locked.

@Joe said, in another thread, on 12 March:

I’ve put a stop to new threads from being created in the ATN section. You can still reply to discussions that are already there, you just cannot start brand new ones.

The rest of the forum will remain fully open.

I realise this won’t be popular, but it follows a lot of the discussions that have been going on here. New ATN threads don’t get started all that often, so it shouldn’t really make much difference, but I didn’t want someone to start a chat about something that would have to get locked/migrated/merged at a later date.

There will be places already in existence that can still be used to discuss a band or book or whatever, so please feel free to post there. I’ll give fair warning if I’m going to make other changes.

Myself, I consider starting to lock multiple threads “other changes”, as it contradicts the statement, “The rest of [ATN ] will remain fully open.” How disappointing there has been an attempt to sneak this through in the hope it wouldn’t be noticed.

It’s hard not to think that what was originally proposed is being done, despite having said it wouldn’t be.

The following people thank Ron Nasty for this post:

The Hole Got Fixed, SgtPeppersBulldog, AppleScruffJunior, WeepingAtlasCedars, vonbontee

"I only said we were bigger than Rod... and now there's all this!" Ron Nasty

To @ Ron Nasty it's @ mja6758
The Beatles Bible 2020 non-Canon Poll Part One: 1958-1963 and Part Two: 1964-August 1966

13 May 2018
2.31am
The Hole Got Fixed
A Dock at Southampton

Moderators

Hear, hear RN. 

If one decides to change their mind on a statement, tell people. They’ll usually be fine with it if one tells them. Going back on one’s statement, and changing it behind everyone’s back is inappropriate in every situation I can think of. 

I kind of thought we’d finished the debate and the BB would continue on in the way that was concluded upon. I guess that *dream* (pardon the pun) is gone now. 

The following people thank The Hole Got Fixed for this post:

AppleScruffJunior, WeepingAtlasCedars, Starr Shine?

aus-flag-v-small.png

13 May 2018
5.45am
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24950

As far as I am aware the music threads are to remain open unless a decision is made following further discussions on the best route forward; as no such decision has been made, nor have there been any further discussions between the mods, I have no idea why they are locked. 

I would, therefore, guess that it is a weird forum thing than an evil mod one. 

The following people thank meanmistermustard for this post:

The Hole Got Fixed, AppleScruffJunior, WeepingAtlasCedars, vonbontee

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

13 May 2018
7.50am
AppleScruffJunior
Sitting here doing nothing but procrastinating...
Apple rooftop
Reviewers

Members
Forum Posts: 7583
2414sp_Permalink sp_Print

I agree with the above, the locking without announcement seems very much a sneaky kind of move. It’s not my forum, but myself and all of the other members deserve some kind of voice when it comes to massive decisions on the forum. Without the members, there would be no forum.

The fact ATN wasn’t meant to be altered, and then we come back to about 1/2 of the threads locked (does anyone know exactly when they were locked?) seems quite dishonest and and sly to me. 

Also, that the ones that are currently being posted in, like Prince and Led Zep, not being locked, suggests that no attention was wanted to be attracted to the fact that 1/2 of the ATN threads are now locked. If all of the ATN ‘off-topic’ threads (which is what ATN is for, imo, to be ‘off-topic’) are to be locked, then all of them should be locked, not just cherry-picked. 

I don’t want to speak on behalf of all of the forum members but I would quite like to have been told if ATN threads were going to be locked so we could at least have fought against some of the closures. I feel this was quite a harsh decision, and it is going against a large portion of the forum members’ wishes. 

The following people thank AppleScruffJunior for this post:

WeepingAtlasCedars

INTROVERTS UNITE! Separately....in your own homes!

Make Love, Not Wardrobes!

"Stop throwing jelly beans at me"- George Harrison

13 May 2018
8.23am
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24950

Before everyone starts submitting posts calling for mod flaying, can we all calm down and wait till we get some answer from Joe as to what is happening. I have no idea why such threads are locked, it could be the most underhand act of treachery and deceit in Western civilisation since Adam and Eve, it could be a case of a wrong button pressed, it could be a weird glitch in the system.

Until other mods/Joe are about there is no way of knowing so getting irate isn’t going to change it. The sun is shining, the weather is nice and Aberdeen have won a football match v Celtic that actually mattered. 

The following people thank meanmistermustard for this post:

SgtPeppersBulldog, Beatlebug, WeepingAtlasCedars

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

13 May 2018
4.23pm
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 22213
2416sp_Permalink sp_Print

I haven’t locked any threads.

@Joe, in a mod email, you mentioned you locked a few threads, but I had no idea you had locked so many. I was of the understanding the threads about other bands and artists would be the last ones on the chopping block…if they ever even did get the ax.

Are you open to reconsidering some of the threads you locked recently?

The following people thank Ahhh Girl for this post:

The Hole Got Fixed, Ron Nasty, Beatlebug, WeepingAtlasCedars
13 May 2018
5.03pm
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
2417sp_Permalink sp_Print

Nice to have a mod be honest, @Ahhh Girl. Didn’t you get the mod email AG refers to, @meanmistermustard?

The Beatles Bible 2020 non-Canon Poll Part One: 1958-1963 and Part Two: 1964-August 1966

13 May 2018
5.22pm
Little Piggy Dragonguy
Nowhere Land
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 4141
2418sp_Permalink sp_Print

Ron Nasty said
Nice to have a mod be honest, @Ahhh Girl. Didn’t you get the mod email AG refers to, @meanmistermustard?  

The gist of both their posts was basically the same: to hear what Joe has to say about it, so why do you feel the need to be so aggressive?

All living things must abide by the laws of the shape they inhabit 

13 May 2018
5.39pm
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
2419sp_Permalink sp_Print

@Little Piggy Dragonguy, because Joe said we would be given “fair warning” just two months ago, and because AG’s post is the opposite of what mmm has been saying all day. AG has said there was a mod email about threads being locked, mmm has been saying he has no idea about locked threads, and that it might be a glitch with the site. Not the same thing at all.

13 May 2018
5.50pm
Little Piggy Dragonguy
Nowhere Land
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 4141
2420sp_Permalink sp_Print

It appears to me that mmm was only speaking on the music threads, saying that he thought they were going to remain open, which is the same thing AG said.

Sorry, I’m really not trying to argue. I just think jumping to conclusions about people’s intentions can cause negative feelings that could otherwise be avoided. 

heart

All living things must abide by the laws of the shape they inhabit 

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online: johannes bols
Guest(s) 1
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2859
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5509
Newest Members:
frankc, viv@nelsontraining.co.uk, bornhairyman, frankkilmore123@gmail.com, onlyanorthernsong
Moderators: Joe: 5691, meanmistermustard: 24950, Ahhh Girl: 22213, Beatlebug: 18181, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5691