Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
mja6758 A personal announcement
19 December 2013
1.02am
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 12534
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

This is very difficult for me to say. And I hope you will stick with me through this as I expect this to be the last comment I make here before I am banned from the site. I do this with the deepest regret, and Joe will probably hate me for doing it this way and delete this message as soon as he sees it.

I made a mistake last week, a mistake I apologised for as soon as I was made aware, and used mod tools to correct. I will not detail this mistake, just admit that I unintentionally made it, and that Joe has asked me to step down as a moderator.

I am not prepared to do that, as I do not believe my resigning from my role as moderator would be enough, and I do not believe that I did anything that I would do not as a normal member of the forum, which is always what I have considered myself.

Being a moderator is a strange position, though I have loved every moment of being one, and have being able to guide our newer members through their early mistakes. 99% you’re a normal member, and 1% you’re a moderator. Unfortunately some people choose to forget you are just an ordinary forum member, and they think your mistakes hold more weight than others who made the same mistake.

I am sorry to say goodbye this way, but I see no other way. I apologise sincerely to the person I offended, and I really did not mean to, and whatever I did I did as a normal forum member.

I am not leaving the forum unless banned for this statement, or to defend Joe for his decision which I understand has been difficult. I just don’t want to comment, so will let the dust settle on this decision.

Could I ask one of the remaining mods to look at the locked thread for the “End of Year Awards” I created for parlance and take it over, to post a reminder you need to unlock it, drop back out of it, re-enter and post, then relock. I would ask that whoever takes the job on reads my post 2 and follows as closely as possible. I wouldn’t want parlance to suffer because of this situation I have put myself in.

"I only said we were bigger than Rod... and now there's all this!" Ron Nasty

To @ Ron Nasty it's @ mja6758
The Beatles Bible 2020 non-Canon Poll Part One: 1958-1963 and Part Two: 1964-August 1966

19 December 2013
1.10am
Funny Paper
America
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 2080

I can’t really comment, as your entire post is rather mysterious and cryptic.  I can’t imagine any “mistake” that would cause a reasonable Owner to want to dismiss or ban any moderator. 

Faded flowers, wait in a jar, till the evening is complete... complete... complete... complete...

19 December 2013
1.25am
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 22238

I hope you stick around. I hope it is ok for me to say that.

19 December 2013
1.38am
trcanberra
Oz
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 6064

*A little confused – a little sad – and hopes everything works out for all concerned*

==> trcanberra and hongkonglady - Together even when not (married for those not in the know!) <==

19 December 2013
1.53am
Pothi
A Beginning
Members
Forum Posts: 2

http://vimeo.com/19991109

You may also read http://sivers.org/failure . I really ask you to review your decision to stay back here!

19 December 2013
2.02am
Bungalow Bob
Seattle, Washington
Paris Olympia
Members
Forum Posts: 354

mja, whatever is going on, let’s remember that this is a Beatles website… We Can Work It Out .

19 December 2013
2.48am
IveJustSeenAFaceo
Arrived Somewhere (But Not Here)
Rishikesh
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 2842

I don’t know what’s up, but you’re one of the best posters here, and this forum is very forgiving. Joe also seems very forgiving and reasonable. I can’t imagine what the mistake might have been that was that bad, but I’m sure (as Bungalow Bob said) We Can Work It Out . I’ve only been here for a little while, but I haven’t encountered any ill will or rudeness that wasn’t settled easily. And, I mean, if POTHI asked you to stay, what else can you do? 

(This signature brought to you by Net Boy and Net Girl. Putting messages in modems since 1996.)

19 December 2013
4.17am
SatanHimself
Hades-on-Leith
Hollywood Bowl
Members
Forum Posts: 666

It sounds to me like you may have arbitrarily edited or deleted something that you disagreed with on a personal level and you feel like you violated the inherent trust of the Moderator title.

I’m sure whatever you did can be smoothed over with understanding and discussion.  I think I speak for everyone here when I say that your benefits to this forum far outweigh whatever shortcomings you might have based on something you did in a burst of emotion.

E is for 'Ergent'.

19 December 2013
6.13am
LongHairedLady
coming in through the bathroom window
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 2098

so confused….

tumblr_my1iizaZ7y1s8bbfvo1_250.gifImage Enlarger

"Please don't bring your banjo back, I know where it's been..  I wasn't hardly gone a day, when it became the scene..  Banjos!  Banjos!  All the time, I can't forget that tune..  and if I ever see another banjo, I'm going out and buy a big balloon!"

19 December 2013
1.01pm
Joe
Pepperland
Admin
Forum Posts: 5694

I’m not going to get into the details of this, as it’s a private matter. I’ve offered to discuss it further with mja should he wish. However, nobody’s been banned, nobody’s been asked to leave the forum. I had to make a decision in order to keep the site running smoothly, the outcome of which would have been messy whatever I’d chosen.

The forum rules begin with the words: “I want The Beatles Bible to be a friendly place…” I hope there’s no residual bad feeling over this, as it’s not what I want.

Can buy me love! Please consider supporting the Beatles Bible on Amazon
Or buy my paperback/ebook! Riding So High – The Beatles and Drugs

Don't miss The Bowie Bible – now live!

19 December 2013
1.53pm
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 22238

I was in one of those no-win situations at work this week myself. I suppose I will find out tomorrow if I made a halfway decent call. I understand how hard these moments and decisions are, Joe.

But, YAY!!!! mja is most welcome to stay here with us!!!! I, like so many others, hope you will, mja. You have so much to contribute to our Beatles education.

19 December 2013
6.23pm
Into the Sky with Diamonds
New York
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1980

Gosh, mja6758, I can’t imagine what would lead you to have to fall on your sword like that (or be forced onto a sword). But whatever, your presence here is invaluable; so welcome back to the rest of us!

"Into the Sky with Diamonds" (the Beatles and the Race to the Moon – a history)

19 December 2013
8.02pm
Expert Textpert
In bed.
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 5012

Don’t worry about it, mja!  We all make mistakes. I know because I make them.  I appreciate your input here.

"If you're ever in the shit, grab my tit.” —Paul McCartney 

22 December 2013
3.04pm
Zig
The Toppermost of the Poppermost
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 9832

mja, you have always treated me with respect. I appreciate that just as much as anyone else would. mal-evans

Your vast knowledge is also appreciated and I hope to be able to draw upon it for a long time.

To the fountain of perpetual mirth, let it roll for all its worth. And all the children boogie.

23 December 2013
11.09am
fabfouremily
Sitting in an English garden
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 2929

I think he’s gone. It’s a shame, and a loss to the forum. Whatever has happened here, I found him to be a decent person.

Moving along in our God given ways, safety is sat by the fire/Sanctuary from these feverish smiles, left with a mark on the door.

(Passover - I. Curtis)

23 December 2013
2.40pm
WETSRoosa
Mountains of East Tennessee
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1097

Maybe it’s just me, and correct me if I am wrong, but the more I read the very first post here, the more I think MJA overreacted in the heat of the moment. I’m sure he’s guilt-ridden about what happened and feels terrible about it, no question. Who wouldn’t? But like Joe said, no one was banned. So MJA banned himself, and he even admitted it’s because he didn’t want to lose the title of “moderator.” I find it hard to believe that MJA couldn’t continue on here as a regular member like the lot of us are. I think it would have better if he had said on here “Hey guys, I screwed up, I made a mistake, and because of that, I am stepping down as moderator here at the Fab Forum. But I am allowed to stay on as a regular member, and I intend to do so.” As someone who was a restaurant manager and was temporarily stripped of management duties due to a rules violation, it’s better to show the crew (and no this isn’t a restaurant or a place of business, but still…) that you are correcting your mistake and staying on to help anyway you can. Same applies here, even though circumstances are different.

I found MJA to be an invaluable cog to the Forum, he was a great help to me in terms of content and even ideas for the show and I wish that he didn’t up and quit. But he did, and we’re at a loss. And I don’t want to start a flame war or step on Joe’s toes or anyone else’s for that matter, but was it worth it in the long run for him to leave? Joe did what he had to do. MJA did what wasn’t completely necessary for HIM to do, IMO.

"There's no such thing as bad student... only bad teacher."

23 December 2013
6.55pm
Bungalow Bob
Seattle, Washington
Paris Olympia
Members
Forum Posts: 354

When Ringo quit the Beatles during the White Album sessions, he returned and found his drum kit covered with flowers. I would like to throw a figurative flower on MJA’s figurative drum kit: In the short time that I’ve been a member of the Beatles Bible, every forum exchange I had with MJA was civil, pleasant, positive and/or informative. I’m sure most other Bible-toters here could say the same, which would then cover MJA’s figurative drum kit with figurative flowers. That would make a nice image, wouldn’t it?

23 December 2013
7.17pm
Zig
The Toppermost of the Poppermost
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 9832

a-hard-days-night-ringo-8How about a drum kit made of flowers?

flower-floats-16.jpgImage Enlarger

To the fountain of perpetual mirth, let it roll for all its worth. And all the children boogie.

23 December 2013
7.44pm
AppleScruffJunior
Sitting here doing nothing but procrastinating...
Apple rooftop
Reviewers

Members
Forum Posts: 7583

^^^^ I’ll bake a cake, make some waffles and blow up some balloons

7d36ec65_qauron8btneuo84etb8sonveo1_400_147.jpegImage Enlarger

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR1ekYu7KfkR5GPDuWnVodW8IICYulZ0iq4ystxN2fvOmNFLmgWImage Enlarger

INTROVERTS UNITE! Separately....in your own homes!

Make Love, Not Wardrobes!

"Stop throwing jelly beans at me"- George Harrison

24 December 2013
2.56am
LongHairedLady
coming in through the bathroom window
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 2098

Mja, look at all this love you are receiving.  It’s Christmas!  The season of giving!  Don’t leave dude, come on.  Paul wants you to stay.  Right?

tumblr_myair1X7zo1s8bbfvo1_500.gifImage Enlarger

See?  

The following people thank LongHairedLady for this post:

Starr Shine?

"Please don't bring your banjo back, I know where it's been..  I wasn't hardly gone a day, when it became the scene..  Banjos!  Banjos!  All the time, I can't forget that tune..  and if I ever see another banjo, I'm going out and buy a big balloon!"

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2859
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5519
Newest Members:
NJtoTX, seo mavia, adamo3, katybphoto, sleeptalker
Moderators: Joe: 5694, meanmistermustard: 24964, Ahhh Girl: 22238, Beatlebug: 18182, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5694