Log In

Please consider registering
Guest

— Forum Scope —






— Match —





— Forum Options —





Min search length: 3 characters / Max search length: 84 characters

Register Ranks

Register Lost password?
sp_TopicIcon
REPORTING PEOPLE'S POSTS?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!
RSS
Avatar
Daniel
71 Posts
(Offline)
1
3 June 2011 - 6.29am

I WAS JUST WONDERING WHAT YOU WOULD REPORT SOMEONE FOR, BECUASE I'VE GOT A FEELING I HAVEN'T BEEN DOING IT RIGHT.

Avatar
mr. Sun king coming together
Nowhere Land
6429 Posts
(Offline)
2
3 June 2011 - 6.51am

We would report anything offensive, meaningless (or spam), or any other posts that degrade the forum. Things like not speaking proper English (or anything resembling it) would be handed to a moderator simply for translations, if done in a topic title. If done elsewhere, well, we just ask. I know you are referi g to my PM, and I wish you would just leave that for any from the forum, and bring some English English to it.
*19 apparently - George is saying something. What, is undetermined*

As if it matters how a man falls down.'

'When the fall's all that's left, it matters a great deal.

Avatar
Daniel
71 Posts
(Offline)
3
3 June 2011 - 1.03pm

I wasn't referring to your PM Sun King. Unless you mean the bunny thing so then I'd say kinda, but only because that made me really sad! I was just wondering, because I don't think I've been doing it right and so I wanted to know when it's appropriate to do that I think. It didn't got anything to do with you. So if I's typ lyk diz den does that degrade the forum? Also, do Profanities degrade the forum? Do meanie head things degrade the forum?

Avatar
mr. Sun king coming together
Nowhere Land
6429 Posts
(Offline)
4
3 June 2011 - 1.54pm

Excessive swearing is degrading, but an occasional fbomb is fine. Really, just entirely and always avoid using grammar you wouldn't put on an university exam.

As if it matters how a man falls down.'

'When the fall's all that's left, it matters a great deal.

Avatar
mithveaen
Sitarday's room
4618 Posts
(Offline)
5
3 June 2011 - 2.46pm

Daniel said:

I wasn't referring to your PM Sun King. Unless you mean the bunny thing so then I'd say kinda, but only because that made me really sad! I was just wondering, because I don't think I've been doing it right and so I wanted to know when it's appropriate to do that I think. It didn't got anything to do with you. So if I's typ lyk diz den does that degrade the forum? Also, do Profanities degrade the forum? Do meanie head things degrade the forum?

Respect is part of the forum Daniel, so profanities are not appropiate.

 

And Joe is not a fan of "typ lyk diz den" so he asks us to avoid it as much as we can. He said that to Strawberry and she got the point. 

 

A reason is that not everybody in the forum is native English speaker, so it's really really hard to understand texting (or the name of that type of writing). And since this is HIS forum, I guess the least we can do is respect his rules.

 

Peace and love man.

Here comes the sun….. Scoobie-doobie……

Something in the way she moves…..attracts me like a cauliflower…

Bop. Bop, cat bop. Go, Johnny, Go.

Beware of Darkness… 

Avatar
mr. Sun king coming together
Nowhere Land
6429 Posts
(Offline)
6
3 June 2011 - 2.53pm

Hey, even a native English speaker (and a good one at that) can't understand what you're saying.

As if it matters how a man falls down.'

'When the fall's all that's left, it matters a great deal.

Avatar
Joe
Pepperland
4512 Posts
(Offline)
7
3 June 2011 - 4.50pm

I agree with most of the above, but wouldn't necessarily want every post reported as unsuitable if it contains bad grammar - it would give me a lot more to check!
Daniel - I've mentioned to you elsewhere why I've had to delete some of your posts before. Write in proper English and don't treat this forum like Bebo and you'll do OK. Keep on-topic and discuss The Beatles, but not in an infantile way. Don't start quite so many new threads when they're not needed. That sort of thing.

Please don't spoil my day; I'm miles away

Can buy me love! Please consider using these links to support the Beatles Bible: Amazon | iTunes

Avatar
Daniel
71 Posts
(Offline)
8
3 June 2011 - 11.33pm

mr. Sun king coming together said:

Excessive swearing is degrading, but an occasional fbomb is fine. Really, just entirely and always avoid using grammar you wouldn't put on an university exam.

So you would put the F profanity on an university exam? I'm not so sure they'd be all that down for something like that, right?

 

*17*

 

Joe said:

I agree with most of the above, but wouldn't necessarily want every post reported as unsuitable if it contains bad grammar - it would give me a lot more to check!
Daniel - I've mentioned to you elsewhere why I've had to delete some of your posts before. Write in proper English and don't treat this forum like Bebo and you'll do OK. Keep on-topic and discuss The Beatles, but not in an infantile way. Don't start quite so many new threads when they're not needed. That sort of thing.

Joe, well I don't know how I'm supposed to treat Bebo because I don't even know who that is. So like if I say something like 'Me like purple grapes. Purple grapes make Daniel happy. Joe no like purple grapes. Purple grapes make Joe angry. Purple grapes no make Daniel angry. Purple grapes make Joe say profanities.' then would that be called has to the known as infantile? Or is that good?

 

*9*

Avatar
The Walrus
Working for the national health
1024 Posts
(Offline)
9
3 June 2011 - 11.45pm

Continuing brilliance.

And I neeeeeeeeed her all the time

Avatar
MeanMrsMustard
Nowhere Land
2716 Posts
(Offline)
10
3 June 2011 - 11.51pm

mr. Sun king coming together said:

An occasional f-bomb is fine.

Meh, I wouldn't say that. I wouldn't even say one is fine. Hell, I'm uncomfortable typing even this sentence! 

If I seem to act unkind, it's only me, it's not my mind that is confusing things.

Avatar
Daniel
71 Posts
(Offline)
11
4 June 2011 - 12.03am

So then it's not infantile to type like that? Thanks for putting my mind at ease, Walrus!

 

*9*

Avatar
The Walrus
Working for the national health
1024 Posts
(Offline)
12
4 June 2011 - 12.05am

I was not commenting on whether it was infantile or not, something can be brilliant and still infantile.

And I neeeeeeeeed her all the time

Avatar
mr. Sun king coming together
Nowhere Land
6429 Posts
(Offline)
13
4 June 2011 - 12.26am

MeanMrsMustard said:

mr. Sun king coming together said:

An occasional f-bomb is fine.

Meh, I wouldn't say that. I wouldn't even say one is fine. Hell, I'm uncomfortable typing even this sentence! 

If used correctly, yes. If using it for the sake of using it, then no.

As if it matters how a man falls down.'

'When the fall's all that's left, it matters a great deal.

Forum Timezone: America/Chicago
All RSS Show Stats

Administrators:
Joe
Ellie

Moderators:
Ahhh Girl
meanmistermustard
Zig
Joe

Top Posters:

Starr Shine?: 12288

Silly Girl: 8623

parlance: 7065

mr. Sun king coming together: 6429

Mr. Kite: 6131

trcanberra: 5856

Ron Nasty: 5562

Necko: 5470

mithveaen: 4618

AppleScruffJunior: 4056

Newest Members:

Pauls Grandfather

Sean

markus567r

herseydenvar2

JohnBeatle

Forum Stats:

Groups: 3

Forums: 42

Topics: 4013

Posts: 227929

 

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 87

Members: 3637

Moderators: 4

Admins: 2

Most Users Ever Online: 597

Currently Online: sir walter raleigh, Evangeline, Midori78
72 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Members Birthdays
Today: O Boogie
Upcoming: Amber1965