Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
The Baker's Dozen
15 January 2017
4.42pm
HMBeatlesfan
Kalamazoo, Seussville, USA
Candlestick Park
Guests
Forum Posts: 1115
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
3581sp_Permalink sp_Print

13 songs with great 3 part harmonies from John, Paul, and George
1. Nowhere Man
2. Because
3. If I Needed Someone  
4. This Boy

5. You’re Going To Lose That Girl

Maybe you should try posting more.

15 January 2017
5.16pm
SgtPeppersBulldog
Swinging London
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 3157

1. Nowhere Man
2. Because
3. If I Needed Someone   
4. This Boy  

6. From Me To You

My 100th post! a-hard-days-night-john-1

"Some kind of happiness is measured out in miles... " 

2017: 

15 January 2017
5.39pm
The Hole Got Fixed
A Dock at Southampton

Moderators
Forum Posts: 8410
3583sp_Permalink sp_Print

Congrats @SgtPeppersBulldog 

1. Nowhere Man
2. Because
3. If I Needed Someone  
4. This Boy 
6. From Me To You
7. Getting Better

#AppleHoley2024: Make America Great For The First Time
2016 awards: Username-Badge.png 2017 awards: The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2017.png 2018 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2018.png 2019 awards: Ringo-2019.png 2020 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2020.png 2021 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2021.png
aus-flag-v-small.png

15 January 2017
5.52pm
The Hippie Chick
Counting the holes in Blackburn, Lancashire
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1387
3584sp_Permalink sp_Print

1. Nowhere Man

2. Because

3. If I Needed Someone  

4. This Boy 

6. From Me To You

7. Getting Better

8. Sun King

“She wasn't doing a thing that I could see, except standing there leaning on the balcony railing, holding the universe together.”  - J.D. Salinger

15 January 2017
5.59pm
The Hole Got Fixed
A Dock at Southampton

Moderators
3585sp_Permalink sp_Print

1. Nowhere Man
2. Because
3. If I Needed Someone
4. This Boy
6. From Me To You
7. Getting Better
8. Sun King

9. Sgt. Pepper ‘s Reprise

2016 awards: Username-Badge.png 2017 awards: The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2017.png 2018 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2018.png 2019 awards: Ringo-2019.png 2020 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2020.png 2021 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2021.png
aus-flag-v-small.png

16 January 2017
12.45am
Necko
Earth
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 8043
3586sp_Permalink sp_Print

1. Nowhere Man
2. Because
3. If I Needed Someone
4. This Boy
6. From Me To You
7. Getting Better
8. Sun King

10. Yes It Is  

I'm Necko.  I'm like Ringo except I wear necklaces.

I'm also ewe2 on weekends.

Most likely to post things that make you go hmm... 2015, 2016, 2017. 

16 January 2017
12.50am
The Hole Got Fixed
A Dock at Southampton

Moderators
3587sp_Permalink sp_Print

1. Nowhere Man
2. Because
3. If I Needed Someone
4. This Boy
6. From Me To You
7. Getting Better
8. Sun King
10. Yes It Is

11. Sgt Pepper ‘s Lonely Hearts Club Band

aus-flag-v-small.png

16 January 2017
1.54pm
HMBeatlesfan
Candlestick Park
Guests
3588sp_Permalink sp_Print

1. Nowhere Man

2. Because

3. If I Needed Someone

4. This Boy

6. From Me To You

7. Getting Better

8. Sun King

9. Sgt. Pepper‘s Lonely Hearts Club Band (Reprise)

10. Yes It Is

11. Sgt Pepper‘s Lonely Hearts Club Band

12. The End

16 January 2017
2.30pm
SgtPeppersBulldog
Swinging London
Rishikesh
Members

1. Nowhere Man

2. Because

3. If I Needed Someone

4. This Boy

6. From Me To You

7. Getting Better

8. Sun King

9. Sgt. Pepper‘s Lonely Hearts Club Band (Reprise)

10. Yes It Is

11. Sgt Pepper‘s Lonely Hearts Club Band

12. The End

13. Twist And Shout (the ‘aaah’ bits)

Next topic – 13 artists the Beatles have collaborated with (as a group and solo)

1. Tony Sheridan

2017: 

16 January 2017
3.19pm
HMBeatlesfan
Candlestick Park
Guests
3590sp_Permalink sp_Print

13 artists the Beatles have collaborated with (as a group and solo)

1. Tony Sheridan (Lead vocals and rhythm guitar, My Bonnie , The Saints, Why, Nobody’s Child, and Take Out Some Insurance (If You Love Me, Baby))
2. Billy Preston (Fender Rhodes electric piano on Dig A Pony , Let It Be , I’ve Got A Feeling , One After 909 , The Long And Winding Road , Get Back , and Don’t Let Me Down , Hammond Organ on Something , I Want You (She’s So Heavy), Dig It , and Let It Be )

16 January 2017
3.22pm
SgtPeppersBulldog
Swinging London
Rishikesh
Members
3591sp_Permalink sp_Print

1. Tony Sheridan (Lead vocals and rhythm guitar, My Bonnie, The Saints, Why, Nobody’s Child, and Take Out Some Insurance (If You Love Me, Baby))
2. Billy Preston (Fender Rhodes electric piano on Dig A Pony, Let It Be, I’ve Got A Feeling, One After 909, The Long And Winding Road, Get Back, and Don’t Let Me Down, Hammond Organ on Something, I Want You (She’s So Heavy), Dig It, and Let It Be)

3. Michael Jackson (Say, Say, Say , The Girl Is Mine and The Man with Paul)

2017: 

16 January 2017
3.35pm
HMBeatlesfan
Candlestick Park
Guests
3592sp_Permalink sp_Print

1. Tony Sheridan (Lead vocals and rhythm guitar, My Bonnie, The Saints, Why, Nobody’s Child, and Take Out Some Insurance (If You Love Me, Baby))
2. Billy Preston (Fender Rhodes electric piano on Dig A Pony, Let It Be, I’ve Got A Feeling, One After 909, The Long And Winding Road, Get Back, and Don’t Let Me Down, Hammond Organ on Something, I Want You (She’s So Heavy), Dig It, and Let It Be)
4. Eric Clapton (with The Beatles (lead guitar (Gibson Les Paul) on While My Guitar Gently Weeps and backing vocals on All You Need Is Love ) without The Beatles (lead guitar (Gibson Les Paul) on Live Peace In Toronto 1969 (as well as Cold Turkey and Yer Blues (Rock And Roll Circus version)) and lead guitar (presumably Fender Stratocaster) on All Things Must Pass ))

16 January 2017
3.40pm
SgtPeppersBulldog
Swinging London
Rishikesh
Members

This has turned into a back and forth matcha-hard-days-night-john-6 !

4. Eric Clapton (with The Beatles (lead guitar (Gibson Les Paul) on While My Guitar Gently Weeps and backing vocals on All You Need Is Love) without The Beatles (lead guitar (Gibson Les Paul) on Live Peace In Toronto 1969(as well as Cold Turkey and Yer Blues (Rock And Roll Circus version)) and lead guitar (presumably Fender Stratocaster) on All Things Must Pass))

5. Elton John (Whatever Gets You Thru The Night and Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds (Live) with John) 

I’ll give someone else a go now…a-hard-days-night-george-10

2017: 

16 January 2017
4.55pm
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 22198

4. Eric Clapton (with The Beatles (lead guitar (Gibson Les Paul) on While My Guitar Gently Weeps and backing vocals on All You Need Is Love) without The Beatles (lead guitar (Gibson Les Paul) on Live Peace In Toronto 1969(as well as Cold Turkey and Yer Blues (Rock And Roll Circus version)) and lead guitar (presumably Fender Stratocaster) on All Things Must Pass))
5. Elton John (Whatever Gets You Thru The Night and Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds (Live) with John) 
6. Dave Grohl (w/ Paul on Cut Me Some Slack – cute video)

16 January 2017
5.12pm
SgtPeppersBulldog
Swinging London
Rishikesh
Members
3595sp_Permalink sp_Print

Final time! I promise! 

7. David Bowie (Fame with John)

2017: 

16 January 2017
7.36pm
HMBeatlesfan
Candlestick Park
Guests
3596sp_Permalink sp_Print

8. George Martin (Piano on Misery , You Really Got A Hold On Me , Not A Second Time , Money (That’s What I Want), A Hard Day’s Night , Tell Me Why , Long Tall Sally , Slow Down , Matchbox , No Reply , Rock And Roll Music , Kansas City , You’re Going To Lose That Girl , You Like Me Too Much , In My Life , Good Day Sunshine , Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds , Getting Better , Lovely Rita , A Day In The Life , Penny Lane , and Rocky Raccoon , Organ on I Wanna Be Your Man , With A Little Help From My Friends , Being For The Benefit Of Mr. Kite, and Sgt. Pepper ‘s Lonely Hearts Club Band (Reprise), Harmonium on The Word , Harpsichord on Getting Better and Fixing A Hole , Electric Harpsichord on Because , Backing Vocals on Yellow Submarine , and Shaker on Dig It )

17 January 2017
5.39am
Zig
The Toppermost of the Poppermost
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 9832
3597sp_Permalink sp_Print

8. George Martin (Piano on Misery , You Really Got A Hold On Me , Not A Second Time , Money (That’s What I Want), A Hard Day’s Night , Tell Me Why , Long Tall Sally , Slow Down , Matchbox , No Reply , Rock And Roll Music , Kansas City , You’re Going To Lose That Girl , You Like Me Too Much , In My Life , Good Day Sunshine , Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds , Getting Better , Lovely Rita , A Day In The Life , Penny Lane , and Rocky Raccoon , Organ on I Wanna Be Your Man , With A Little Help From My Friends , Being For The Benefit Of Mr. Kite, and Sgt. Pepper ‘s Lonely Hearts Club Band (Reprise), Harmonium on The Word , Harpsichord on Getting Better and Fixing A Hole , Electric Harpsichord on Because , Backing Vocals on Yellow Submarine , and Shaker on Dig It )  

9. Leon Russell – George and Ringo (and many many more) played on Leon’s eponymous first album recorded from September 1969 – January 1970.

To the fountain of perpetual mirth, let it roll for all its worth. And all the children boogie.

17 January 2017
5.53am
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24944
3598sp_Permalink sp_Print

1. Tony Sheridan (Lead vocals and rhythm guitar, My Bonnie , The Saints, Why, Nobody’s Child, and Take Out Some Insurance (If You Love Me, Baby))
2. Billy Preston (Fender Rhodes electric piano on Dig A Pony , Let It Be , I’ve Got A Feeling , One After 909 , The Long And Winding Road , Get Back , and Don’t Let Me Down , Hammond Organ on Something , I Want You (She’s So Heavy), Dig It , and Let It Be )
4. Eric Clapton (with The Beatles (lead guitar (Gibson Les Paul) on While My Guitar Gently Weeps and backing vocals on All You Need Is Love ) without The Beatles (lead guitar (Gibson Les Paul) on Live Peace In Toronto 1969 (as well as Cold Turkey and Yer Blues (Rock And Roll Circus version)) and lead guitar (presumably Fender Stratocaster) on All Things Must Pass ))
9. Leon Russell – George and Ringo (and many many more) played on Leon’s eponymous first album recorded from September 1969 – January 1970.
10. Belinda Carlise – George played guitar solos on a couple of her songs.

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

17 January 2017
7.37am
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 22198
3599sp_Permalink sp_Print

11. Youth (McCartney for the The Fireman albums)

17 January 2017
7.56am
Jolly Jimmy
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1047
3600sp_Permalink sp_Print

8. George Martin (Piano on Misery, You Really Got A Hold On Me, Not A Second Time, Money (That’s What I Want), A Hard Day’s Night, Tell Me Why, Long Tall Sally, Slow Down, Matchbox, No Reply, Rock And Roll Music, Kansas City, You’re Going To Lose That Girl, You Like Me Too Much, In My Life, Good Day Sunshine, Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds, Getting Better, Lovely Rita, A Day In The Life, Penny Lane, and Rocky Raccoon, Organ on I Wanna Be Your Man, With A Little Help From My Friends, Being For The Benefit Of Mr. Kite, and Sgt. Pepper‘s Lonely Hearts Club Band (Reprise), Harmonium on The Word, Harpsichord on Getting Better and Fixing A Hole, Electric Harpsichord on Because, Backing Vocals on Yellow Submarine, and Shaker on Dig It)  

11. Youth (McCartney for the The Fireman albums)

12. Tom Petty and Alanis Morrissette (each did a verse with Ringo in his cover of Drift Away on Vertical Man)

You are all my friends.

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2858
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5508
Newest Members:
jsullivan2112_1, catadorademusica, Slowhand, mirrortime, Julie
Moderators: Joe: 5690, meanmistermustard: 24944, Ahhh Girl: 22198, Beatlebug: 18181, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5690