Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
Beatles Trivia – Even Easier!
7 September 2018
4.08pm
Von Bontee
496 km NW of the '69 Toronto Rock n Roll Revival
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 5457
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
6481sp_Permalink sp_Print

As part of their campaign to encourage everyone to eat a healthy vegetarian diet, paulandlinda launched “Give Peas a Chance” on 30 February, 1970. During the accompanying tour portion, they’d visit the gardens (private and community) of fans who’d renounced meat and sing/play a few new vegetative numbers on acoustic guitar and (multiple) tambourines, after which they’d present them with seeds to plant on the spot, all whIle being recorded on Sony 7/8″ videotape. Nothing (nothing) could possibly have gone wrong.

What went wrong?

The following people thank Von Bontee for this post:

SgtPeppersBulldog, Beatlebug, Ahhh Girl, Richard

Paul: Yeah well… first of all, we’re bringing out a ‘Stamp Out Detroit’ campaign.

14 September 2018
3.36pm
Shamrock Womlbs
Waiting for the van to come
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 3973
6482sp_Permalink sp_Print

Well, since videotape was not commercialized until 80 years after the event everything went wrong. They were, indeed, pretending that they were recording.When people realized they wouldn’t be able to watch the recording at their homes, on a lazy and boring sunday afternoon, sitting in a sofa with a sister or two they all got upset and miserable. Faces grew long, knickers were down and socks were pulled up. It couldn’t get much worse. how did it get worse?

The following people thank Shamrock Womlbs for this post:

Beatlebug, vonbontee

"I Need You by George Harrison"

17 September 2018
12.32pm
SgtPeppersBulldog
Swinging London
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 3157

Several main roads across the Midlands were closed for repair, the weather forecasters went on strike, the price of satsumas skyrocketed beyond belief and the bride ran away with the best man! All because of the videotape! But enough with these Goon Show-esque ramblings.

What did Sgt. Pepper teach the band to play on the 1st June 1947?

"Some kind of happiness is measured out in miles... " 

2017: 

18 September 2018
9.55am
Jolly Jimmy
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1047
6484sp_Permalink sp_Print

Candy Land.  The band had a gig over there in July and the good Sgt. wanted the band to be familiar with the terrain.  This was part of a cultural exchange.  Princess Lolly & the Pops was to give a concert at Pepperland too.

Why was everybody applauding at the end of The Continuing Story Of Bungalow Bill ?

The following people thank Jolly Jimmy for this post:

SgtPeppersBulldog, Ahhh Girl

You are all my friends.

18 September 2018
11.03am
Tony Japanese
Shea Stadium
Members
Forum Posts: 913

Jolly Jimmy said
Candy Land.  The band had a gig over there in July and the good Sgt. wanted the band to be familiar with the terrain.  This was part of a cultural exchange.  Princess Lolly & the Pops was to give a concert at Pepperland too.

Why was everybody applauding at the end of The Continuing Story Of Bungalow Bill ?  

It is a truth previously unknown (even by Mark Lewisohn) that during the recording of Bungalow Bill, the Beatles were made aware that Ringo had won four tickets to Junction 12 of the M1. As fans of the new motorway system, they were delighted when Neil burst in through the studio door whilst the band were in the middle of recording.

On which song can you hear George eating a cheese sandwich?

The following people thank Tony Japanese for this post:

The Hole Got Fixed, Ahhh Girl, SgtPeppersBulldog
20 September 2018
11.36am
vonbontee
Inside Von Bontee's mind
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 5446
6486sp_Permalink sp_Print

What unusual items did John and George use for guitar picks?

The following people thank vonbontee for this post:

SgtPeppersBulldog, Beatlebug

GEORGE: In fact, The Detroit Sound. JOHN: In fact, yes. GEORGE: In fact, yeah. Tamla-Motown artists are our favorites. The Miracles. JOHN: We like Marvin Gaye. GEORGE: The Impressions PAUL & GEORGE: Mary Wells. GEORGE: The Exciters. RINGO: Chuck Jackson. JOHN: To name but eighty. 

offtopic-1.png

https://rateyourmusic.com/~Myo.....Von_Bontee

21 September 2018
10.31am
Beatlebug
Find me where ye echo lays

Moderators
Forum Posts: 18182
6487sp_Permalink sp_Print

Used shotgun shells. This didn’t work so well, but it led George to the discovery of slide guitar.

On what song were used shotgun shells?

The following people thank Beatlebug for this post:

vonbontee, Ahhh Girl, SgtPeppersBulldog

([{BRACKETS!}])
New to Forumpool? You can introduce yourself here.
If you love The Beatles Bible, and you have adblock, don't forget to white-list this site!
whiteheart.png
avatar_creative_signature_Hmm.pngStarSpangledBanner.png

21 September 2018
10.40am
Tony Japanese
Shea Stadium
Members
6488sp_Permalink sp_Print

Beatlebug said
Used shotgun shells. This didn’t work so well, but it led George to the discovery of slide guitar.

Beatlebug said

They feature on the as-yet-released song from the Let It Be sessions, She Sells Shotgun Shells On The Sea Shore.

What brand of chewing gum were The Beatles sponsored by during their forgotten concert at Madison Square Garden in 1967?

Beatlebug, vonbontee, SgtPeppersBulldog
21 September 2018
3.13pm
Shamrock Womlbs
Waiting for the van to come
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 3973
6489sp_Permalink sp_Print

It was chewing gun indeed. The brand was “Revolver “.
What kind of horse was Henry the horse?

The following people thank Shamrock Womlbs for this post:

Beatlebug, SgtPeppersBulldog, Von Bontee

"I Need You by George Harrison"

21 September 2018
5.43pm
The Hole Got Fixed
A Dock at Southampton

Moderators
Forum Posts: 8410
6490sp_Permalink sp_Print

A prancing, happy one.

How old is Sir Richard Starkey? Thus, what year was he born in?

The following people thank The Hole Got Fixed for this post:

SgtPeppersBulldog

#AppleHoley2024: Make America Great For The First Time
2016 awards: Username-Badge.png 2017 awards: The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2017.png 2018 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2018.png 2019 awards: Ringo-2019.png 2020 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2020.png 2021 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2021.png
aus-flag-v-small.png

26 September 2018
7.28pm
Von Bontee
Apple rooftop
Members
6491sp_Permalink sp_Print

Nobody can really say, until someone can develop some way of numbering all the different years so we can tell them apart – why, there are DOZENS of ’em! (Possibly hundreds?)

What did the critics have to say about Pete Best’s 1973 solo #1 hit single, “Holograph”, from his R&B chart-topping “Pete” album (released February 31, 1973, and featuring instrumental and compositional contributions from Yoko Ono, Pattie Harrison, and Linda McCartney)?

TheWalrusWasBrian, The Hole Got Fixed, Beatlebug

Paul: Yeah well… first of all, we’re bringing out a ‘Stamp Out Detroit’ campaign.

27 September 2018
5.56pm
TheWalrusWasBrian
fell off the roof AAAAAAAAAAA!!!!
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 2150
6492sp_Permalink sp_Print

“Let’s see… a bunch of famous people, Beatles related… like the Traveling Wilburys?”

*ten minutes later*

I was told Roy Orbison would be here. But, five stars for the tambourine work… by everyone? Is everyone doing tambourines?”

When Eric Clapton and George found that they both liked Patti, what instrument did they duel with?

The following people thank TheWalrusWasBrian for this post:

The Hole Got Fixed, Von Bontee, SgtPeppersBulldog, Beatlebug

IMG_3978.PNG|badge1.png | I don’t know how to put it here. hello for the love of god hello 

~~~

The Concert for Bageldesh

~~~

Walrian here! Not Fiddy, or anyone else, actually.

28 September 2018
2.23am
Tony Japanese
Shea Stadium
Members

TheWalrusWasBrian said
“Let’s see… a bunch of famous people, Beatles related… like the Traveling Wilburys?”

*ten minutes later*

I was told Roy Orbison would be here. But, five stars for the tambourine work… by everyone? Is everyone doing tambourines?”

When Eric Clapton and George found that they both liked Patti, what instrument did they duel with?  

This is a trick question, as it would suggest weapons were used. However, as George and Eric liked each other (not in that way – Ed) they both agreed that whovever could write the best love song for Patti could claim her for his own. As this was the 1960s, Patti didn’t get any say in the matter.

George, being a Beatle, was allowed to go first. He wrote a song called Honestly Patti, I Love You More Than All The Women I’ve Slept With Since 1964 (And Believe Me, There’s Been a Few). Mark Lewisohn is one of only four people to have heard the song, and he describes it as a cross between Greensleeves and Black Sabbath.

Having heard George’s song, Eric was determined to outdo his rival*. He spent weeks, months even, trying to wriite the perfect love song. To get inspiraiton, he read all of Shakespeare’s sonnets and went to the seaside to look at some saucy postcards. Finally, he managed to write and record a song he was sure would defeat George’s effort – which as you’ll remember, was a cross between There’ll Be Bluebirds Over (The White Cliffs Of Dover) and an LSD trip.

Patti and George listened to Eric’s song. They agreed it was great, much better than George’s song. but George had one question.

‘What is it?’ asked Eric, arrogantly. George looked at Patti and then at Eric.

‘What’s my wife’s name?’

Eric looked confused. ‘That’s your question?’

‘Yes, what’s her name?’

‘Layla!’ Eric replied in a confident manner.

George looked at Eric and shook his head. Eric looked confused. George stood up and took Patti by the hand, and together they walked out of Eric’s house.

*As a side note, Rocky Racoon is actually about the Eric-Patti-George love triangle. True story.

The Hole Got Fixed, TheWalrusWasBrian, SgtPeppersBulldog, Von Bontee, Beatlebug
28 September 2018
2.30am
Tony Japanese
Shea Stadium
Members
6494sp_Permalink sp_Print

Here’s the next question.

Which Beatle has a tattoo of the Gettysburg address? For bonus points, where is it?

28 September 2018
5.21am
The Hole Got Fixed
A Dock at Southampton

Moderators
Forum Posts: 8410
6495sp_Permalink sp_Print

That would be Ringo, which he got upon moving to the USA. I’ll decline the bonus points thougha-hard-days-night-george-10

Where did Ringo move to, and why did he choose that place over going back to Liverpool?

The following people thank The Hole Got Fixed for this post:

TheWalrusWasBrian, SgtPeppersBulldog, Beatlebug, Von Bontee

#AppleHoley2024: Make America Great For The First Time
2016 awards: Username-Badge.png 2017 awards: The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2017.png 2018 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2018.png 2019 awards: Ringo-2019.png 2020 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2020.png 2021 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2021.png
aus-flag-v-small.png

5 October 2018
1.56am
Von Bontee
Apple rooftop
Members

When he found that his miniscule childhood home had been sold for £70,000 to a Beatles collector, Ringo had no choice but to move here.  (For his part, the collector was disappointed to learn that Ringo wasn’t included with the house, but was placated somewhat when the realtor offered to populate it with Pete Best at no extra charge.)

Where on the “Sgt. Pepper ” album were the complete lyrics reproduced?

Beatlebug

5 October 2018
4.14am
Tony Japanese
Shea Stadium
Members
6497sp_Permalink sp_Print

The lyrics for Sgt. Pepper (the song) can either be found on the back of the LP or, if you bought the limited version in 1967, underneath the bass drum. The rest of the lyrics weren’t added because the group hadn’t written them in time.

Who (or what) was Brian looking for when he went to the Cavern for the first time?

Beatlebug
5 October 2018
8.27am
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 22240
sp_UserOnlineSmall Online
6498sp_Permalink sp_Print

Tony Japanese said
The lyrics for Sgt. Pepper (the song) can either be found on the back of the LP or, if you bought the limited version in 1967, underneath the bass drum. The rest of the lyrics weren’t added because the group hadn’t written them in time.

Who (or what) was Brian looking for when he went to the Cavern for the first time?  

I saw a copy of that 1967 Limited Edition on ebay for $2,650.

Brian went to the Cavern looking for money. That’s what he wanted. Ka-ching!

OMG, I felt dirty writing that. I know that isn’t why you fell in love with The Beatles, Brian. Please forgive me. This is just a game.

Who was left off the cover of the 1967 Limited Edition of Sgt. Pepper ?

The following people thank Ahhh Girl for this post:

Beatlebug, SgtPeppersBulldog
5 October 2018
11.24am
Von Bontee
Apple rooftop
Members
6499sp_Permalink sp_Print

OMG, I felt dirty writing that. I know that isn’t why you fell in love with The Beatles, Brian. Please forgive me. This is just a game.

It was the trousers.

Beatlebug, SgtPeppersBulldog, Ahhh Girl

5 October 2018
12.31pm
Beatlebug
Find me where ye echo lays

Moderators
Forum Posts: 18182
6500sp_Permalink sp_Print

Von Bontee said

It was the trousers.

john-lennon-salute_gif

([{BRACKETS!}])
New to Forumpool? You can introduce yourself here.
If you love The Beatles Bible, and you have adblock, don't forget to white-list this site!
whiteheart.png
avatar_creative_signature_Hmm.pngStarSpangledBanner.png

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online: Ahhh Girl, LucyInTheSkyWithHackneyDiamonds
Guest(s) 1
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2859
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5520
Newest Members:
NJtoTX, seo mavia, adamo3, katybphoto, sleeptalker
Moderators: Joe: 5694, meanmistermustard: 24964, Ahhh Girl: 22240, Beatlebug: 18182, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5694