Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
1950s and previous (including childhood pics)
11 September 2014
1.13am
Billy Rhythm
Shea Stadium
Members
Forum Posts: 953
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

parlance said
Who said anything about Mark Lewisohn having an opinion on this? Some people have looked at the photos and think it doesn’t look like him, is all. I’m not one of them, but, seriously, calm down.

parlance

Actually you implied Mark Lewisohn’s “opinion”, take your own advice and “seriously, calm down”, what makes some of you think that this isn’t Paul?…:-)

11 September 2014
1.20am
parlance
Slaggers
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 7111
102sp_Permalink sp_Print

Billy Rhythm said

parlance said
Who said anything about Mark Lewisohn having an opinion on this? Some people have looked at the photos and think it doesn’t look like him, is all. I’m not one of them, but, seriously, calm down.

parlance

Actually you implied Mark Lewisohn’s “opinion”, take your own advice and “seriously, calm down”, what makes some of you think that this isn’t Paul?…:-)

No, see, that’s where you need to calm down before you jump to conclusions with interrobangs. I was referring to Mark Lewisohn’s story of Paul and John meeting prior to July 6 at Abba’s but mentioning it only privately and never acknowledging the alleged meetings in public. If you read carefully, it’s clear I wasn’t referring to whether or not that’s Paul in the photo.

parlance

Beware of sadness. It can hit you. It can hurt you. Make you sore and what is more, that is not what you are here for. - George

Check out my fan video for Paul's song "Appreciate" at Vimeo or YouTube.

11 September 2014
1.25am
Billy Rhythm
Shea Stadium
Members

parlance said

Billy Rhythm said

parlance said

parlance

No, see, that’s where you need to calm down before you jump to conclusions with interrobangs. I was referring to Mark Lewisohn’s story of Paul and John meeting prior to July 6 at Abba’s but mentioning it only privately and never acknowledging the alleged meetings in public. If you read carefully, it’s clear I wasn’t referring to whether or not that’s Paul in the photo.

parlance

I was directing my question (“if you read carefully, it’s clear”) to those who don’t believe, or are not sure on whether or not it’s Paul and you claim to be “not one of them”, so what’s this “calm down” refrain of yours all about anyway?  Rough day at the office?  Since you’re freely giving out friendly advice, here’s mine, go listen to some Beatles for awhile…:-)

11 September 2014
1.28am
parlance
Slaggers
Apple rooftop
Members
104sp_Permalink sp_Print

Billy Rhythm said

I was directing my question (“if you read carefully”, it’s clear”) to those who don’t believe, or are not sure on whether or not it’s Paul and you claim to be “not one of them”, so what’s this “calm down” refrain of yours all about anyway?  Rough day at the office?  Since you’re freely giving out friendly advice, here’s mine, go listen to some Beatles for awhile…:-)

Already answered, not in the habit of repetition. My guess is we’re all listening to the Beatles or we wouldn’t be here, so have fun listening yourself. a-hard-days-night-george-10

parlance

Beware of sadness. It can hit you. It can hurt you. Make you sore and what is more, that is not what you are here for. - George

11 September 2014
1.31am
Billy Rhythm
Shea Stadium
Members
105sp_Permalink sp_Print

parlance said

Already answered, not in the habit of repetition. 
parlance

I must be blinder than I realise, “Already Answered”?!  I’ll clean my glasses again.  “not in the habit of repetition”?!  I guess I’m seeing double here as well!!!…:-)

11 September 2014
8.20pm
Linde
The Netherlands
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 2781
106sp_Permalink sp_Print

Calm yer tits.

The following people thank Linde for this post:

meanmistermustard, Bulldog, Mademoiselle Kitty >^..^<
12 September 2014
9.59pm
Zig
The Toppermost of the Poppermost
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 9832
107sp_Permalink sp_Print

Some think it is him, some think it is not. To say definitively either way is purely opinion/speculation unless one was there on that day. Let’s please not turn this into another pissing match like the “Thread of Doom”.

The following people thank Zig for this post:

meanmistermustard, parlance

To the fountain of perpetual mirth, let it roll for all its worth. And all the children boogie.

5 October 2014
10.28pm
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 22213
108sp_Permalink sp_Print

Young John with a puppy
young-john-with-puppy.jpgImage Enlarger

The following people thank Ahhh Girl for this post:

meanmistermustard, Bulldog, parlance, LittleBeatlemaniac, StrawberryFieldsForever, SgtPeppersBulldog
7 October 2014
5.54am
C.R.A.
Land of the Rising Sun
Carnegie Hall
Members
Forum Posts: 509

The only reason I have for not thinking this is McCartney is because of the full photo:

Image Enlarger

Whoever this is, is easily a foot ‘n a half taller than every other male nearby.

McCartney is just under 6 foot tall.  Even if you assume everyone else is well under, this person is still a tall man.

7 October 2014
10.59am
Billy Rhythm
Shea Stadium
Members
110sp_Permalink sp_Print

C.R.A. said
The only reason I have for not thinking this is McCartney is because of the full photo:

Image Enlarger

Whoever this is, is easily a foot ‘n a half taller than every other male nearby.

McCartney is just under 6 foot tall.  Even if you assume everyone else is well under, this person is still a tall man.

Thanks for responding to my original question here, much appreciated.  The height aspect doesn’t really change my personal opinion much, if at all.  You’ve all ready alluded to Paul’s 5’11” frame at adulthood which suggests to me that he was probably one of the taller teenagers of his age group, and I doubt that very many of the males present here are grown men hanging at the front row of a Quarrymen show.  There’s also an element of “optical illusion” to this photo’s composition, the group of males being compared to “Paul” (for the sake of identifying the person in question) are situated closer to the band than he is, now, compare the size of the young lady’s head in the immediate foreground relative to “Paul’s” then John’s (all 3 are “profile” views) and this picture’s broad perspective becomes a little clearer (the building’s 3 windows that are visible are certainly all the same size, but don’t appear to be).  The “tallest” band member at the front of the stage closest to “Paul” appears to be “easily a foot ‘n a half taller” than John but in reality is likely the same height.  It’s also possible that “Paul” is actually sitting on something here too, his shoulders appear slightly raised when compared to the others’, almost as though his elbows are leaning on armrests (or, dreaming of sitting at the piano!).  Yes, “Paul” may indeed be taller than the other males here, but probably by not as much as the picture suggests…:-)     

7 October 2014
11.18am
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 12534
111sp_Permalink sp_Print

As I have said previously in this thread, regarding Paul’s stance in the photo (if it is Paul, and I’m far from decided one way or another), both his arms appear bent forward at the same height and angle (if you get what I mean?!!!), and I think that may indicate that the figure is perched on a bike, hands on the handlebars, maybe standing up on the pedals – which would explain the height thing.

Just a thought I had!

"I only said we were bigger than Rod... and now there's all this!" Ron Nasty

To @ Ron Nasty it's @ mja6758
The Beatles Bible 2020 non-Canon Poll Part One: 1958-1963 and Part Two: 1964-August 1966

8 October 2014
1.53am
parlance
Slaggers
Apple rooftop
Members
112sp_Permalink sp_Print

Daily Mail has an article on some early John photos being auctioned.

Image Enlarger

Image Enlarger

Image Enlarger

[x-posted to Beatles auctions and the news thread]

parlance

The following people thank parlance for this post:

Ahhh Girl, DrBeatle, chrisredditch

12 October 2014
5.44pm
DrBeatle
The Midwest via Boston
Candlestick Park
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 1595
113sp_Permalink sp_Print

Very cool, thanks for sharing!!!

"I know you, you know me; one thing I can tell you is you got to be free!"

Please Visit My Website, The Rock and Roll Chemist

Twitter: @rocknrollchem

Facebook: rnrchemist

27 November 2014
5.57pm
Merch
Englishisnotmynativelanguageland
Royal Command Performance
Members
Forum Posts: 275
114sp_Permalink sp_Print

Image Enlarger

"We think George Harrison is the most marvelous thing since boys were discovered." - Diane and Jenny of Bedford, the smartest girls ever.

4 January 2015
2.16pm
fishcane
Casbah Coffee Club
Members
Forum Posts: 24

Cross posted from another forum: There was a documentary on a photographer (Arthur Fields) who stood on the main street of our capitol city (Dublin, Ireland) for 50 years taking pictures of people passing by. People were asked to send in any photos they had as they wanted to commemorate Arthur in an exhibition. 

http://www.thejournal.ie/beatl…..7-Nov2013/

Image Enlarger

The following people thank fishcane for this post:

Beatleva
4 January 2015
5.37pm
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
116sp_Permalink sp_Print

@fishcane, great picture of young George Harrison . I brought your post over here to get it with the other early pictures of the boys who would go on to rock our world.

fishcane
6 January 2015
12.58pm
parker2011
St Peters Church
Members
Forum Posts: 11
117sp_Permalink sp_Print

A Fiendish Thingy said
More George…

Image Enlarger

Image Enlarger

Really nice photos! Thanks for sharing!

9 January 2015
6.40pm
Beatleva
In my life
Hollywood Bowl
Members
Forum Posts: 672
9 January 2015
7.08pm
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
119sp_Permalink sp_Print

Paul
Paul-institute-pic.JPGImage Enlarger

Is this one George?
George-institute-pic.JPG

Beatleva
9 January 2015
7.26pm
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 12534

@Ahhh Girl Right on both counts.

Now you just have to find Neil Aspinall, Len Garry, Duff Lowe, Ian James, Ivan Vaughan, Arthur Kelly, and Mike McCartney!

The following people thank Ron Nasty for this post:

Beatleva

"I only said we were bigger than Rod... and now there's all this!" Ron Nasty

To @ Ron Nasty it's @ mja6758
The Beatles Bible 2020 non-Canon Poll Part One: 1958-1963 and Part Two: 1964-August 1966

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2859
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5509
Newest Members:
frankc, viv@nelsontraining.co.uk, bornhairyman, frankkilmore123@gmail.com, onlyanorthernsong
Moderators: Joe: 5691, meanmistermustard: 24950, Ahhh Girl: 22213, Beatlebug: 18181, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5691