Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
Washington Feb 11 1964 first concert..VIDEO footage
18 March 2014
10.38pm
toddwellbb
A Beginning
Members
Forum Posts: 4
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

My first post!! Needless to say if one is on a Forum, they’re a freak about the subject or artist. Hence, that’s the case with me and The Beatles!! I humbly say, it’s great to be here!!

So..I saw this complete concert on Youtube as VIDEO footage, not the film footage we’ve all seen. Bit’s of it of course are on the Anthology, but awhile back, I was freaking out that the full concert was up on Youtube.  However, it’s not there anymore, other than about 5 mins worth.I was checking it out last night and the audio is awesome!! Naturally quite distorted but it really adds to the excitement of the event. To much me it’s much better than the film footage.

They played live so well back then, before they understandably got tired and didn’t care how they sounded live. No one could hear them anyway, and they certainly couldn’t hear what they were playing themselves!  

I’d love to get the full video footage of this concert if it’s available anywhere on line to purchase or a torrent.  Anybody know if such a thing excist’s? 

18 March 2014
11.10pm
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24950

@toddwellbb 

Its only available officially as a bonus addition if you buy the Stereo Box on iTunes. No idea where to go for it on torrents but it will be out there, as are unofficial releases of the full concert. It is available on Daily Motion.

http://www.dailymotion.com/vid…..seum_music

The following people thank meanmistermustard for this post:

Billy Rhythm

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

18 March 2014
11.43pm
Mr. Kite
910 Penny Lane, Strawberry Fields, Pepperland
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 6147

@toddwellbb Welcome to the forum! apple01 You’ll love it here….

You can introduce yourself to everyone here: 

https://www.beatlesbible.com/f…../page-101/

If I spoke prose you'd all find out, I don't know what I talk about.

Can buy Joe love!
If you're shopping at one of these two websites use the links below to support the Beatles Bible:

Amazon | iTunes

19 March 2014
12.04am
Billy Rhythm
Shea Stadium
Members
Forum Posts: 953

toddwellbb said 

They played live so well back then, before they understandably got tired and didn’t care how they sounded live. No one could hear them anyway, and they certainly couldn’t hear what they were playing themselves!  

At this show they appear to be atleast trying to compete with the volume of the audience, and perhaps quite possibly for the very last time as they seemed to throw their arms up in the air from here on and just surrender to the Mania.  What sticks out for me is just how hard Ringo’s hitting here and the result is one of their heaviest performances on record, outstanding.  It’s a true testament to their musicianship that they were able to pull this one off so convincingly, and all the while being exposed to a severe jelly baby storm, great show lads…:-)

19 March 2014
1.18am
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators

Billy Rhythm said

toddwellbb said 

At this show they appear to be atleast trying to compete with the volume of the audience, and perhaps quite possibly for the very last time as they seemed to throw their arms up in the air from here on and just surrender to the Mania.  What sticks out for me is just how hard Ringo’s hitting here and the result is one of their heaviest performances on record, outstanding.  It’s a true testament to their musicianship that they were able to pull this one off so convincingly, and all the while being exposed to a severe jelly baby storm, great show lads…:-)

And having to battle with Ringo’s revolving drum kit which kept getting stuck. Its a fantastic performance and one that should be available on dvd not solely via a download package that costs a fortune. Maybe Apple could put together and release some kind of Live project that collected together a wide selection of Beatles shows.

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

19 March 2014
2.00am
WETSRoosa
Mountains of East Tennessee
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1097

Billy Rhythm said

toddwellbb said 

Ringo’s the MVP of that concert, for sure. It’s quite a shame “I Wanna Be Your Man ” suffered from a faulty microphone, because Ringo is BRINGING IT here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v…..2t3jG6RJpM

"There's no such thing as bad student... only bad teacher."

19 March 2014
2.30am
IveJustSeenAFaceo
Arrived Somewhere (But Not Here)
Rishikesh
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 2842

meanmistermustard said

Billy Rhythm said

toddwellbb said 

And having to battle with Ringo’s revolving drum kit which kept getting stuck. Its a fantastic performance and one that should be available on dvd not solely via a download package that costs a fortune. Maybe Apple could put together and release some kind of Live project that collected together a wide selection of Beatles shows.

Expect that around the time of the Archive remaster of NEW.

The following people thank IveJustSeenAFaceo for this post:

Mr. Kite

(This signature brought to you by Net Boy and Net Girl. Putting messages in modems since 1996.)

19 March 2014
3.21am
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 22213

A few more threads and a post on the forum that deal with this concert and how/where to find it (iTunes, semi-official releases) if anyone is interested in reading more.

1964-washington-d-c-concert-shown-in-l-a

questions-regarding-the-lost-concert-a-documentary-in-cinemas-soon

re: the state of disrepair the site of that concert is in now

19 March 2014
11.06am
Oyster Black Pearl
Liverpool, UK
London Palladium
Members
Forum Posts: 126

wetsroosa said

It’s quite a shame “I Wanna Be Your Man ” suffered from a faulty microphone, because Ringo is BRINGING IT here.

Seems as if his mic is the wrong way around, his cymbal is louder than he is. Laughable they had to manoeuvre their own equipment, and a little odd as there must have been Union rules covering this, even in the States? A mate of mine nearly caused a walk – out at Granada TV in the early 70’s when he moved his own mic stand!

The following people thank Oyster Black Pearl for this post:

Mr. Kite

At last a book about Ringo and drumming.”

Ringo Starr And The Beatles Beat

19 March 2014
6.10pm
toddwellbb
A Beginning
Members
Forum Posts: 4

WOW!! This is awesome “Beatle-Peoples”..

So I’m getting the vibe that the the video footage COULD be out officially soon?? Again..sonically it’s superior and visually..(:)

For sure I’ll check out these links and do an official intro soon!! (:)

19 March 2014
8.28pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators

toddwellbb said
WOW!! This is awesome “Beatle-Peoples”..

So I’m getting the vibe that the the video footage COULD be out officially soon?? Again..sonically it’s superior and visually..(:)

For sure I’ll check out these links and do an official intro soon!! (:)

The footage is officially out, you just have to spend £125 to get it. Nothing like a bargain.

19 March 2014
10.01pm
Billy Rhythm
Shea Stadium
Members

meanmistermustard said 

The footage is officially out, you just have to spend £125 to get it. Nothing like a bargain.

You probably don’t want to hear this, but after watching it again today I think that the pricetag’s actually worth it, it’s THAT Good!…:-)

19 March 2014
10.08pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators

Billy Rhythm said

meanmistermustard said 

You probably don’t want to hear this, but after watching it again today I think that the pricetag’s actually worth it, it’s THAT Good!…:-)

You’d pay £125 for a 30 minute concert, albeit in pristine quality? Fair play, up to the individual to spend their money as they wish but I wouldn’t buy it for £100 less than that. Apple would love you. 

19 March 2014
10.14pm
Billy Rhythm
Shea Stadium
Members

That’s just it though, they know that we’re salivating over this stuff and are willing to pay top dollar, that’s why they get away with it.  Did Allen Klein leave instructions behind on how to slice up the Apple?  Create a demand by generating a lengthy absence before ringin’ ’em like a wet towel, Allen would’ve been proud, but only if he’d gotten his 25%, of course…:-) 

19 March 2014
10.27pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators

Billy Rhythm said
That’s just it though, they know that we’re salivating over this stuff and are willing to pay top dollar, that’s why they get away with it.  Did Allen Klein leave instructions behind on how to slice up the Apple?  Create a demand by generating a lengthy absence before ringin’ ’em like a wet towel, Allen would’ve been proud, but only if he’d gotten his 25%, of course…:-) 

Or do what a lot of fans did with the 1963 Bootleg Recordings and go to a torrent site. So many would have happily have paid £20 for the download but Apple and iTunes set the price at the quite ridiculous £34.99 and lost a lot of customers who thought “screw that, i’ll get it free!” – and thats not just those who normally use torrents but fans who would prefer to go down the official route. You can only push so far on cost before fans look elsewhere.

When it comes to incompetence and rip-off’s Apple set the bar pretty high.

Addition

And if Apple are all about the money what the fuck are they doing sitting on promo dvd’s, official films (they didn’t have the rights to AHDN until recently but Let It Be is just sitting there – sorry its going thru a 10 year extensive remastering), cartoons and the rest that continue to linger in the vaults? Put them out and sell them at a reasonable price, don’t wait until an important date crops up and then watch on from your fancy desk eating your fancy executive biscuits as it passes you by. We want to buy the stuff but can’t. Oh yeah, forgot, got to manage the brand properly so the image isn’t ruined and an official promo dvd collection is going to turn the Beatles from music legends to overrated pieces of shite within its running time. Strawberry Fields Forever was such a great song but that bit in the clip when Paul jumps up the tree?!, Nah, they really went too far. Where are The Carpenters? a-hard-days-night-paul-3blue-meanie

How on earth did it come to it that the greatest band in the universe is overseen by such an utterly inept company?

The following people thank meanmistermustard for this post:

Mr. Kite

19 March 2014
11.32pm
Mr. Kite
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers

IveJustSeenAFaceo said

meanmistermustard said

Billy Rhythm said

toddwellbb said 

Expect that around the time of the Archive remaster of NEW.

Ahem… 

beatles_clapping_for_you_gif_by_beatlesbug-d4f34xi.gifImage Enlarger

@IveJustSeenAFaceo 

The following people thank Mr. Kite for this post:

IveJustSeenAFaceo

Can buy Joe love!
If you're shopping at one of these two websites use the links below to support the Beatles Bible:

Amazon | iTunes

19 March 2014
11.43pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators

a-hard-days-night-ringo-8C’mon. Apple are probably working on this at the moment. They’ll probably announce a live project with a website, adverts etc and ask fans to donate rare any clips they have as well. Can see this being out soon. You just watch.a-hard-days-night-john-5

19 March 2014
11.52pm
Mr. Kite
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers

meanmistermustard said
a-hard-days-night-ringo-8C’mon. Apple are probably working on this at the moment. They’ll probably announce a live project with a website, adverts etc and ask fans to donate rare any clips they have as well. Can see this being out soon. You just watch.a-hard-days-night-john-5

Funny…. a-hard-days-night-john-6

Could happen soon though… I hear the Archive remaster of NEW is due…. sometime within the next 100 years….

Can buy Joe love!

Amazon | iTunes

20 March 2014
1.14am
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators

Mr. Kite said

meanmistermustard said

Could happen soon though… I hear the Archive remaster of NEW is due…. sometime within the next 100 years….

Really? Before Off The Ground , Give My Regards, Driving Rain , Unplugged, Chobba B CCCP & Run Devil Run and an outtakes set? Seems a bit unfair but still, will be nice to get a remaster. Wonder what format we will be using then.

20 March 2014
12.46pm
WETSRoosa
Mountains of East Tennessee
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1097

meanmistermustard said

Mr. Kite said

meanmistermustard said

Really? Before Off The Ground , Give My Regards, Driving Rain , Unplugged, Chobba B CCCP & Run Devil Run and an outtakes set? Seems a bit unfair but still, will be nice to get a remaster. Wonder what format we will be using then.

We’ll be using microchips that will be put into our brains via our ears.

Or something like that… ahdn_paul_02

"There's no such thing as bad student... only bad teacher."

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2859
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5509
Newest Members:
frankc, viv@nelsontraining.co.uk, bornhairyman, frankkilmore123@gmail.com, onlyanorthernsong
Moderators: Joe: 5691, meanmistermustard: 24950, Ahhh Girl: 22213, Beatlebug: 18181, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5691