Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
'1+' - Official Promo Films + 2015 Remixed CD
7 November 2015
9.16am
sigh butterfly
Sea of Green (near the Golden Gate)
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 4798
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
181sp_Permalink sp_Print

Here are some recent observations by Michael Lindsay who directed The Beatles videos from 1966-1970. He confirms the circumstances around the Revolution taping that were discussed previously in the thread. 

https://www.yahoo.com/music/lo…..15550.html

The following people thank sigh butterfly for this post:

trcanberra, ewe2

You and I have memories
Longer than the road that stretches out ahead

7 November 2015
4.31pm
Expert Textpert
In bed.
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 5011
182sp_Permalink sp_Print

We didn’t go hiking today, so I’m planning to pop this in later. Also, I got a Sgt. Pepper lava lamp today at Spencer’s. It was quite a retro experience actually buying something at a shopping mall. I also got two Christmas candles, one is fireside marshmallow and the other is red apple, ground cinnamon and pine.

"If you're ever in the shit, grab my tit.” —Paul McCartney 

7 November 2015
7.35pm
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24950
183sp_Permalink sp_Print

Haven’t heard them yet but there are reports going around that ‘Free As A Bird ‘ and ‘Real Love ‘ on the second dvd/blu-ray are different to the versions available on the Anthology discs.

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

7 November 2015
9.25pm
Expert Textpert
In bed.
Apple rooftop
Members
184sp_Permalink sp_Print

I watched the first disc. It was really good, but I don’t have much to say about it yet. The video for Come Together was interesting.

8 November 2015
7.00am
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
185sp_Permalink sp_Print

Free As A Bird ‘ and ‘Real Love ‘ have numerous differences to their earlier Beatle versions. ‘Real Love ‘ has different guitar parts, intro and outro; ‘Free As A Bird ‘ has John at the end saying “turned out nice again” and George sings “whatever happened to the love that we once knew” instead of whatever happened to the life that we once knew”. 

They’re also mixed differently.

Interesting hearing all the changes; i wonder why they were done.

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

8 November 2015
7.02am
Beatlebug
Find me where ye echo lays

Moderators
Forum Posts: 18181
186sp_Permalink sp_Print

I’m not so much wondering why as how. Perhaps they were previously edited out or something, and they decided to put it back in for… kicks. Or something. 

([{BRACKETS!}])
New to Forumpool? You can introduce yourself here.
If you love The Beatles Bible, and you have adblock, don't forget to white-list this site!
whiteheart.png
avatar_creative_signature_Hmm.pngStarSpangledBanner.png

8 November 2015
7.20am
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators

For ‘Free As A Bird ‘ George’s line does sound a little rushed on the word “love” so maybe they didn’t like how it sounded so altered it in the recording studio and he then sang “life”. I’d be intrigued to know the reasoning for that change alone here. John’s changed line is just the tape reversed i think – or played forward, i forget. Probably a reference to the changes and mixing that were done.

The more substantially changed is ‘Real Love ‘ where your attention is brought in quicker with the new intro, for a start there is more percussion and its far more noticeable. It’s far more fully formed than it was in 1996 and so takes a little bit of getting used to. Maybe with the advance in technology they can now do what they wanted but couldn’t back in the day.

8 November 2015
8.12am
Expert Textpert
In bed.
Apple rooftop
Members
188sp_Permalink sp_Print

I wonder if they’ll be releasing the new versions on a new anthology set.

8 November 2015
2.49pm
trcanberra
Oz
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 6064
189sp_Permalink sp_Print

Silly Girl said
I’m not so much wondering why as how. Perhaps they were previously edited out or something, and they decided to put it back in for… kicks. Or something. 

There was some remixing discussed earlier in the thread – perhaps this was a part of it all?

==> trcanberra and hongkonglady - Together even when not (married for those not in the know!) <==

8 November 2015
6.33pm
Bongo
Somewhere In Time
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1916

Expert Textpert said
I watched the first disc. It was really good, but I don’t have much to say about it yet. 

Can’t wait to get a full report from you ET! a-hard-days-night-ringo-15

The following people thank Bongo for this post:

Expert Textpert

Screen-Shot-2022-10-04-at-7.52.07-PM.png   BEATLES Music gives me Eargasms!  apple01

8 November 2015
7.11pm
Wigwam
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1913

Hey ET…….There’s an old German lady at the pool every morning…….She saw Elvis and the Beatles in Frankfurt in the sixties but loves the opera. I asked her what is her favourite….She said……”Da…. ze Magic Fluten.”

I raised my highbrow  and said, ‘Ahh Tosca’……..Could see I went up in her estimations.

So thanks…….I’d heard of the M Flute before and Tosca but I didn’t know for sure  they went together until your post.

I shall try and get any Elvis or Beatle stories she might recall and get back on thread.

The following people thank Wigwam for this post:

Expert Textpert, Beatlebug, Ahhh Girl
9 November 2015
12.13am
PokerMan
Junior's Farm
The Kaiserkeller
Members
Forum Posts: 51
192sp_Permalink sp_Print

meanmistermustard said
Free As A Bird ‘ has John at the end saying “turned out nice again”.

So there’s no “he he, made by John Lennon !” anymore?! That was so awesome! Why, Jeff Lynne, why?!

Btw, it was recorded as “turned out nice again, he he”, but when they reversed it, it sounded like “he he, made by John Lennon !”

And Jeff Lynne did the new mixes for Free As A Bird and Real Love . I’m sure Giles Martin and Sam O’Kell would have left them well alone.

9 November 2015
5.42am
long long long
UK
The Kaiserkeller
Members
Forum Posts: 49
193sp_Permalink sp_Print

Wigwam said
Hey ET…….There’s an old German lady at the pool every morning…….She saw Elvis and the Beatles in Frankfurt in the sixties but loves the opera. I asked her what is her favourite….She said……”Da…. ze Magic Fluten.”

I raised my highbrow  and said, ‘Ahh Tosca’……..Could see I went up in her estimations.

So thanks…….I’d heard of the M Flute before and Tosca but I didn’t know for sure  they went together until your post.

I shall try and get any Elvis or Beatle stories she might recall and get back on thread.

You’re doing God ‘s work, son.

The following people thank long long long for this post:

Expert Textpert
9 November 2015
7.39am
Wigwam
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1913
194sp_Permalink sp_Print

Thank you……..But I’m a Frisbeeterian………..We believe when we die our souls fly up into the air and get stuck in the gutter. 

The following people thank Wigwam for this post:

long long long, Beatlebug
9 November 2015
9.52am
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators

Listening to the cd and it occured that the version of ‘Love Me Do ‘ is with Andy White on drums when the first UK single release was with Ringo playing them. Parlophone did switch them at some point in 1963 so was the version released on Toille the Andy White recording?

9 November 2015
10.12am
Expert Textpert
In bed.
Apple rooftop
Members
196sp_Permalink sp_Print

I don’t know if anyone has mentioned this yet, but the new mixes correct the awful problem that occurs when listening through headphones and the vocals are all in one ear and the instruments in the other ear. It brings everything a little bit more to the middle, which is nice. I guess we will soon be buying the entire catalogue all over again.

I haven’t watched disc two yet, but I concur with what has already been said. Early footage is not as great as I would have liked, but they were dealing with very old stuff. The Shea Stadium footage is pristine, much better than what I already had on DVD. Colors are nice and bright throughout. I’ve already seen quite a bit of it before, but it is so cleaned up that it was almost like seeing it for the first time. It seemed to have more of an emotional impact as a result. I really enjoyed seeing all the folks crowded around the piano for Hey Jude . I wasn’t sure what to think of the Come Together cartoon, but I’d like to see it again. It was interesting.

I’ll be watching disc two soon.

The following people thank Expert Textpert for this post:

Beatlebug

9 November 2015
10.30am
Beatlebug
Find me where ye echo lays

Moderators
Forum Posts: 18181
197sp_Permalink sp_Print

Expert Textpert said
I don’t know if anyone has mentioned this yet, but the new mixes correct the awful problem that occurs when listening through headphones and the vocals are all in one ear and the instruments in the other ear. It brings everything a little bit more to the middle, which is nice. I guess we will soon be buying the entire catalogue all over again.

<snip>

OH grand STUFF, that. ahdn_george_08 I’ve been going potty on listening to my Fabs on headphones lately, but I’ve been avoiding Rubber Soul cos it’s so awful on that one– I mean, they mostly all do have that problem, but RS is the worst in my opinion. And I can’t even get the mono ones on YouTube because they’re blocked, ergh. 

I wish I’d got all mono when I was building my present collection! I don’t even fancy stereo that much. a-hard-days-night-paul-10

The following people thank Beatlebug for this post:

Expert Textpert

([{BRACKETS!}])
New to Forumpool? You can introduce yourself here.
If you love The Beatles Bible, and you have adblock, don't forget to white-list this site!
whiteheart.png
avatar_creative_signature_Hmm.pngStarSpangledBanner.png

9 November 2015
10.53am
Expert Textpert
In bed.
Apple rooftop
Members
198sp_Permalink sp_Print

Some of the stereo mixes are better than others.

I like the following stereo mixes on headphones:

A Hard Day’s Night
Beatles For Sale
Help ! (both the 1965 and 1987 mixes)
Magical Mystery Tour

All of the stereo mixes are fine for listening out loud on your stereo or in a car…just not for headphones.

The following people thank Expert Textpert for this post:

Beatlebug

9 November 2015
11.16am
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators

It wouldn’t surprise me if Apple released a remix of ‘Pepper’ in 2017 to celebrate and mark it’s 50th anniversary. And going further it wouldn’t surprise if all the other albums were put out at the same time remixed, the same as what occurred in 1987 with the CD releases.

I think there is far more chance of that happening than getting any new outtakes.

2015 = 50th anniversary of the first real promo videos made.

2016 = 50th anniversary of their final concert – Live Project scheduled.

2017 = 50th anniversary of Pepper – we get it and the rest remixed.

2018 = 50th anniversary of ‘Two Virgins ‘ + plenty of ‘Yellow Submarine ‘ merchandise to tie in with 50th anniversary of film.

2019 = 50th anniversary of Beatles last recording session. Silence maintained as mark of respect.

2020 = 50th anniversary of ‘Let It Be ‘. To keep in custom is ignored as its not quite right despite working on it for the last 20 years.

The following people thank meanmistermustard for this post:

Beatlebug, Expert Textpert

9 November 2015
11.26am
Starr Shine?
Waiting in the sky
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 16105
200sp_Permalink sp_Print

I wish they would release the Beatles Cartoons. 

The following people thank Starr Shine? for this post:

Expert Textpert

https://youtu.be/52nwiTs7bk8

Brainwashed by RadiantCowbells.

If you can't log in and can't use the forum go here and someone will help you out.

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online: Sea Belt
Guest(s) 1
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2859
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5510
Newest Members:
frankc, viv@nelsontraining.co.uk, bornhairyman, frankkilmore123@gmail.com, onlyanorthernsong
Moderators: Joe: 5691, meanmistermustard: 24950, Ahhh Girl: 22213, Beatlebug: 18181, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5691