Please consider registering
Guest
sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope


Match



Forum Options



Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
Where are you from?
26 August 2010
10.07pm
Avatar
kingjjj8
Strawberry Fields
Paris Olympia
Members
Forum Posts: 324
Member Since:
17 June 2010
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Dear Prudence said:

kingjjj8 said:

So I'm the only Chicagoan? a-hard-days-night-ringo-7


Hmmm.... I'll ask. (Steps onto soapbox) "HEY IS KINGJJJ8 THE ONLY CHICAGOAN?!" thank you.

Ha Ha! Good one! I guess i am! a-hard-days-night-ringo-9

Rap music is just computerized crap. - George Harrison

26 August 2010
11.04pm
Avatar
Dear Prudence
Coming down fast but miles above you.
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1134
Member Since:
7 August 2010
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

I'm from Colorado, we have snow, and rain, and sun, and peaches.a-hard-days-night-paul-1

Dear Prudence

Giving you quality -Facepalms- , since August 7, 2010.

26 August 2010
11.10pm
Avatar
kingjjj8
Strawberry Fields
Paris Olympia
Members
Forum Posts: 324
Member Since:
17 June 2010
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Chicago: tallest building in america, Umm.. And the beatles fest. And lollapalooza. And nothing else. We have cool stuff and a bunch of other crap.a-hard-days-night-ringo-11 I actually read an artical sying that chicago is the number one worst city in america.

Rap music is just computerized crap. - George Harrison

27 August 2010
1.00am
Avatar
GniknuS
Rain? I don't mind
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1327
Member Since:
1 May 2010
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

kingjjj8 said:

Chicago: tallest building in america, Umm.. And the beatles fest. And lollapalooza. And nothing else. We have cool stuff and a bunch of other crap.a-hard-days-night-ringo-11 I actually read an artical sying that chicago is the number one worst city in america.


At least there are things to do in Chicago, plus you have all of those awful sports teams. Millennium Park is cool enough for me.

I sat on a rug, biding my time, drinking her wine

27 August 2010
1.08am
Avatar
kingjjj8
Strawberry Fields
Paris Olympia
Members
Forum Posts: 324
Member Since:
17 June 2010
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

GniknuS said:

kingjjj8 said:

Chicago: tallest building in america, Umm.. And the beatles fest. And lollapalooza. And nothing else. We have cool stuff and a bunch of other crap.a-hard-days-night-ringo-11 I actually read an artical sying that chicago is the number one worst city in america.


At least there are things to do in Chicago, plus you have all of those awful sports teams. Millennium Park is cool enough for me.

Ha ha! Yeah millennium park is pretty cool.a-hard-days-night-george-8 But We only have one awful sports team (the stupid cubs)! a-hard-days-night-paul-1

Rap music is just computerized crap. - George Harrison

27 August 2010
1.11am
Avatar
Celebrated_Mr_K
London Palladium
Members
Forum Posts: 155
Member Since:
17 March 2010
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Be proud of your hometown, Chicago.

It's widely regarded as one of the "greenest" cities in America, because of a dedication by the City government to push green buildings and design.  Chicago, I believe, now has more buildings with green (i.e., planted) roofs than any other city in the USA. 

I've never been there, but I follow this stuff in what I do here in Florida. 

27 August 2010
4.30am
Avatar
MrBig
Rapture, Atlantic Ocean
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1051
Member Since:
3 April 2010
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Celebrated_Mr_K said:

Be proud of your hometown, Chicago.

It's widely regarded as one of the "greenest" cities in America, because of a dedication by the City government to push green buildings and design.  Chicago, I believe, now has more buildings with green (i.e., planted) roofs than any other city in the USA. 

I've never been there, but I follow this stuff in what I do here in Florida. 


In the world is another story, though. The greenest city in the world is in Iceland, where everyone's job is a geologist. That city also holds the record for longest orgy (i think) blue-meanie

"The best band? The Beatles. The most overrated band? The Beatles."

27 August 2010
8.18am
Avatar
Joe
Pepperland
Admin
Forum Posts: 5056
Member Since:
31 March 2008
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Right. I presume you mean Reykjavik, which is a stunning place. It'd be a shame if all people knew about it was that the world's longest orgy was held there (was it?).

Until recently it was a centre for financial services. The herring industry is pretty well established too. The geology of Iceland is pretty spectacular, though, so I couldn't criticise anyone from wanting to study it.

Can buy me love! Please consider using these links to support the Beatles Bible: Amazon | iTunes
Or buy my paperback/ebook! Riding So High – The Beatles and Drugs

Don't miss The Bowie Bible – now live!

27 August 2010
7.49pm
Avatar
mithveaen
Sitarday's room
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 4621
Member Since:
1 May 2010
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Joe said:

Right. I presume you mean Reykjavik, which is a stunning place. It'd be a shame if all people knew about it was that the world's longest orgy was held there (was it?).

 


Ok now I want to know... how do you know that?? a-hard-days-night-ringo-15

Here comes the sun….. Scoobie-doobie……

Something in the way she moves…..attracts me like a cauliflower…

Bop. Bop, cat bop. Go, Johnny, Go.

Beware of Darkness… 

27 August 2010
10.13pm
Avatar
MrBig
Rapture, Atlantic Ocean
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1051
Member Since:
3 April 2010
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

mithveaen said:

Joe said:

Right. I presume you mean Reykjavik, which is a stunning place. It'd be a shame if all people knew about it was that the world's longest orgy was held there (was it?).

 


Ok now I want to know... how do you know that?? a-hard-days-night-ringo-15
 

One night I was drunk off my mind, I just started researching things. I woke up the next morning with 7 cats in my house and about 5 of my friends. Shame I can't remember anything.

"The best band? The Beatles. The most overrated band? The Beatles."

27 August 2010
10.52pm
Avatar
vonbontee
Inside an Apple Orchard in a Letterbox
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 4005
Member Since:
1 December 2009
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline


At least there are things to do in Chicago, plus you have all of those awful sports teams. Millennium Park is cool enough for me.


Ha ha! Yeah millennium park is pretty cool.a-hard-days-night-george-8 But We only have one awful sports team (the stupid cubs)! a-hard-days-night-paul-1


Oh boo hoo hoo...yeah, those "awful" Stanley Cup-winning Blackhawks! I woul've LOVED to have been a Chicagoan this past summer!

Not that I'm a jock or anything - far from it!  But dammit, it's not "sports", it's HOCKEY

(I'm near Toronto, which last won a championship when I was a fetus!)

Someone said 'What were you gonna do when it's all finished,' and I said 'I don't know but it'd be good fun being a DJ.' And since then I've become a DJ, only by word of mouth, you know. SO any minute now you'll read, 'Ringo leaves to become a DJ' but it's not true. - Ringo Starr

                     Von-Bontee-2017.png

28 August 2010
12.33am
Avatar
kingjjj8
Strawberry Fields
Paris Olympia
Members
Forum Posts: 324
Member Since:
17 June 2010
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Hey! I love the Black hawks! I said the cubs suck! a-hard-days-night-john-4 The cubs are our base ball team (we have two) They havent won a world series in over 100 years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!a-hard-days-night-ringo-12

Rap music is just computerized crap. - George Harrison

28 August 2010
2.50am
Avatar
Von Bontee
A Hole In The Road
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 4008
Member Since:
14 December 2009
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Yeah, I noticed too late that I was mixing up your remarks with GniknuS's but thought I could get away with it...

One day, a tape-op got a tape on backwards, he went to play it, and it was all "Neeeradno-undowarrroom" and it was "Wow! Sounds Indian!"
-- Paul McCartney

                 Winner-Funniest-Post-and-Most-Creative-Contribution-2017-1.pngfunniest-post-badge2018.png

28 August 2010
4.01pm
Avatar
kingjjj8
Strawberry Fields
Paris Olympia
Members
Forum Posts: 324
Member Since:
17 June 2010
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Von Bontee said:

Yeah, I noticed too late that I was mixing up your remarks with GniknuS's but thought I could get away with it...


It's cool.a-hard-days-night-george-8

Rap music is just computerized crap. - George Harrison

28 August 2010
5.05pm
Avatar
Joe
Pepperland
Admin
Forum Posts: 5056
Member Since:
31 March 2008
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

MrBig said:

One night I was drunk off my mind, I just started researching things. I woke up the next morning with 7 cats in my house and about 5 of my friends. Shame I can't remember anything.


Just out of interest, of the 830 posts you've left here so far, what's the fantasy:truth ratio?

Can buy me love! Please consider using these links to support the Beatles Bible: Amazon | iTunes
Or buy my paperback/ebook! Riding So High – The Beatles and Drugs

Don't miss The Bowie Bible – now live!

28 August 2010
9.30pm
Avatar
Dear Prudence
Coming down fast but miles above you.
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1134
Member Since:
7 August 2010
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Wait , are we talking about Location or nationality? Beacuse if we're talking about nationality I'm most dominentally British and related to King Richard "The Lion-Hearted" as some say. a-hard-days-night-paul-4

Dear Prudence

Giving you quality -Facepalms- , since August 7, 2010.

28 August 2010
9.56pm
Avatar
MrBig
Rapture, Atlantic Ocean
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1051
Member Since:
3 April 2010
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Joe said:

MrBig said:

One night I was drunk off my mind, I just started researching things. I woke up the next morning with 7 cats in my house and about 5 of my friends. Shame I can't remember anything.


Just out of interest, of the 830 posts you've left here so far, what's the fantasy:truth ratio?
 

Depends on the story.

"The best band? The Beatles. The most overrated band? The Beatles."

28 August 2010
10.56pm
Avatar
Dear Prudence
Coming down fast but miles above you.
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1134
Member Since:
7 August 2010
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

354:1 a-hard-days-night-john-6

Dear Prudence

Giving you quality -Facepalms- , since August 7, 2010.

28 August 2010
11.03pm
Avatar
MrBig
Rapture, Atlantic Ocean
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1051
Member Since:
3 April 2010
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Dear Prudence said:

354:1 a-hard-days-night-john-6


If you're saying that 1 out of the 354 stories I tell are fantasy, then you are correct.

"The best band? The Beatles. The most overrated band? The Beatles."

28 August 2010
11.48pm
Avatar
Dear Prudence
Coming down fast but miles above you.
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1134
Member Since:
7 August 2010
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

MrBig said:

Dear Prudence said:

354:1 a-hard-days-night-john-6


If you're saying that 1 out of the 354 stories I tell are fantasy, then you are correct.

Yes. thats what I ment.

Dear Prudence

Giving you quality -Facepalms- , since August 7, 2010.

Forum Timezone: America/Chicago
Most Users Ever Online: 597
Currently Online: AppleScruffJunior
1
Guest(s)
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 15579
Ron Nasty: 9692
Necko: 7851
50yearslate: 7306
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6403
AppleScruffJunior: 6328
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6054
mithveaen: 4621
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 87
Members: 2716
Moderators: 6
Admins: 2
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 4766
Posts: 327466
Newest Members:
jojparasol, ImmyIsh, garyp98, vox ac30, Digam11
Moderators: Joe: 5056, Zig: 9807, meanmistermustard: 22228, Ahhh Girl: 18318, Beatlebug: 15172, The Hole Got Fixed: 6892
Administrators: Joe: 5056, Ellie: 4