(Offline)
6 July 2014 - 8.36am

Not Bob Dylan.

SeraTheBeatle
Pepperland
27 Posts
(Offline)
6 July 2014 - 8.39am

I am currently listening to Rubber Soul... trying my best not to wake up my parents and brother by singing to the lyrics of I'm Looking Through You

~George Harrison is my husband. <33

Bulldog
The Rhythm Revue
1512 Posts
(Offline)
6 July 2014 - 4.06pm

The bonus audio to the Archive Collection version of BOTR... I'd never heard Country Dreamer or Helen Wheels before, but I'm glad I have now. :)

The performances from One Hand Clapping are pretty good so far, with the instrumentals stellar, but I've gotta say I prefer most of these songs as they're performed on Rockshow/Wings Over AmericaBand On The Run (the song) sounds REALLY good, though!!

If you're lonely (or not!), you can talk to me. .....Hey! Are you a new member on this fine forum and don't know where to go to introduce yourself?
Well, you can do it here! Dig it?

Linde
The Netherlands
2705 Posts
(Offline)
6 July 2014 - 4.16pm

Donovan-Hurdy Gurdy Man

Catchy nice song, but such a stupid chorus.

Bulldog
The Rhythm Revue
1512 Posts
(Offline)
6 July 2014 - 8.58pm

Finally checking out Wings At The Speed of Sound. So far, so good. The Note You Never Wrote is beautiful.

If you're lonely (or not!), you can talk to me. .....Hey! Are you a new member on this fine forum and don't know where to go to introduce yourself?

Bulldog
The Rhythm Revue
1512 Posts
(Offline)
7 July 2014 - 5.32pm

^ I'm listening to it again. The first five songs (barring Let 'Em In) bored me out of my mind (I still like The Note You Never Wrote), but I bet it'll grow on me. I thought McCartney was boring at first too, but now I love it.

EDIT: Yup, it grew on me. Usually I do other things while listening to music, but I just focused on the album and I loved it. I listened to and loved Red Rose Speedway as well, which I also thought was boring prior to today.

The following people thank Bulldog for this post:

trcanberra

vonbontee
Inside an Apple Orchard in a Letterbox
2815 Posts
(Offline)
7 July 2014 - 5.51pm

Miles Davis Quintet, "Tune Up/When Lights Are Low"

I remember George saying 'Blimey, he's always talking about “Yesterday”, you'd think he was Beethoven or somebody' - Paul McCartney

Bulldog
The Rhythm Revue
1512 Posts
(Offline)
7 July 2014 - 9.27pm

Wings Wild Life (yeah, I'm listening to a lot of Wings today. So far, I've liked all their albums, so why not this one?)

Necko
Earth
5467 Posts
(Offline)
7 July 2014 - 10.54pm

Crawling King Snake - John Lee Hooker

I'm Necko.  I'm like Ringo except I wear necklaces.

I'm also ewe2 on weekends.

Mimi
Left of greenland
480 Posts
(Offline)
8 July 2014 - 3.21pm

L.A.-Sessions-Eddie-Cochran-Fram.jpgImage Enlarger

See how sexy someone can look with a Gretsch? 

The following people thank Mimi for this post:

vonbontee

We were just trying to write songs about prostitutes and lesbians

Bulldog
The Rhythm Revue
1512 Posts
(Offline)
8 July 2014 - 3.36pm

I'm giving McCartney II another chance. So far..... paul-mccartneypaul-mccartneypaul-mccartneypaul-mccartney

Von Bontee
A Hole In The Road
2829 Posts
(Offline)
8 July 2014 - 7.19pm

The best things on McCartney II in my opinion are those extended electronic things on the second disc of the expanded version. (And I'd like to hear the extended "Darkroom" and "Front Parlour" and "Frozen Jap" on the 4CD version but don't wanna pay for 'em.) I really prefer the experiments to the "real" songs on that whole project. ("Waterfalls", ugh.)

Listening to John Coltrane, "India"

One day, a tape-op got a tape on backwards, he went to play it, and it was all "Neeeradno-undowarrroom" and it was "Wow! Sounds Indian!"
-- Paul McCartney

meanmistermustard

19087 Posts
(Offline)
8 July 2014 - 9.17pm

Von Bontee said
The best things on McCartney II in my opinion are those extended electronic things on the second disc of the expanded version. (And I'd like to hear the extended "Darkroom" and "Front Parlour" and "Frozen Jap" on the 4CD version but don't wanna pay for 'em.) I really prefer the experiments to the "real" songs on that whole project. ("Waterfalls", ugh.)

Listening to John Coltrane, "India"

They're on youtube @Von Bontee (ignore the full Coming Up).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqyFLNruCRw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4kgF2hBwEE

The following people thank meanmistermustard for this post:

Von Bontee, vonbontee

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris) 

"Don't make your love suffer insecurities; Trade the baggage of "self" to set another one free" ('Paper Skin' - Kendall Payne)

Starr Shine?
Waiting in the Sky
12284 Posts
(Online)
8 July 2014 - 9.32pm

So much Poets Of The Fall

she was the sun, burning bright and brittle and,https://youtu.be/52nwiTs7bk8

If you can't log in and can't use the forum go here and someone will help you out.

WETSRoosa
Mountains of East Tennessee
1097 Posts
(Offline)
8 July 2014 - 9.35pm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v.....aTURrVc3qE

"There's no such thing as bad student... only bad teacher."

parlance
Slaggers
7065 Posts
(Offline)
10 July 2014 - 5.39am

Came across this amazing a capella group from Berkeley called Artists in Residence:

Wonderwall:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktNCy9QJxDU

Fighter (just listen to the harmonies on the intro if nothing else):

http://youtu.be/FB-6PPONzQQ

parlance

Beware of sadness. It can hit you. It can hurt you. Make you sore and what is more, that is not what you are here for. - George

Check out my fan video for Paul's song "Appreciate" at Vimeo or YouTube.

parlance
Slaggers
7065 Posts
(Offline)
10 July 2014 - 6.40am

A performance I missed from The Sing-Off. Afro Blue doing Corinne Bailey Rae's "Put Your Records On." So gorgeous and soothing.

parlance

Beware of sadness. It can hit you. It can hurt you. Make you sore and what is more, that is not what you are here for. - George

Check out my fan video for Paul's song "Appreciate" at Vimeo or YouTube.

trcanberra
Oz
5854 Posts
(Offline)
10 July 2014 - 10.35am

Finally convinced myself to listen to something:
Product Details

I always get so sad when I reach "You're Missing" and then the title tracks lifts me right out of whatever funk I am in at the time.

==> trcanberra and hongkonglady - Together even when not (engaged for those not in the know!) <==

Linde
The Netherlands
2705 Posts
(Offline)
10 July 2014 - 6.18pm

Watched a bit of those Artists in Resonance. Wonderwall started really well, but it reminded me too much of a musical and the chorus was too chaotic for me. The guy doing the bass cracked me up though.

The beginning of Fighter was amazing, those harmonies! Wow. Stopped that too though, as I hate that song.

The following people thank Linde for this post:

parlance
meanmistermustard

19087 Posts
(Offline)
10 July 2014 - 6.26pm

The harmonies on Fighter were incredible but the audience bugged me too much with their hollering. Shut UP!!!

The following people thank meanmistermustard for this post:

parlance

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris) 

"Don't make your love suffer insecurities; Trade the baggage of "self" to set another one free" ('Paper Skin' - Kendall Payne)

Forum Timezone: America/Chicago
All RSS Show Stats

Administrators:
Joe
Ellie

Moderators:
Ahhh Girl
meanmistermustard
Zig
Joe

Top Posters:

Starr Shine?: 12269

Silly Girl: 8618

parlance: 7065

mr. Sun king coming together: 6429

Mr. Kite: 6131

trcanberra: 5854

Ron Nasty: 5549

Necko: 5461

mithveaen: 4618

AppleScruffJunior: 4055

Newest Members:

herseydenvar2

JohnBeatle

Michael Varn

asiffk

Ram4

Forum Stats:

Groups: 3

Forums: 42

Topics: 4012

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 87

Members: 3634

Moderators: 4

Admins: 2

Most Users Ever Online: 597

Currently Online: Expert Textpert, Ahhh Girl, Starr Shine?, georgiewood, BeatleSnut, Ram4
49 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Members Birthdays
Today: None
Upcoming: O Boogie