Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
"What are you listening to right now?" thread
21 February 2014
2.24am
LongHairedLady
coming in through the bathroom window
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 2098
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

I’m listening to The Beatles Christmas Albums!  It’s ALWAYS the season to listen to these ridiculous recordings!  heart

"Please don't bring your banjo back, I know where it's been..  I wasn't hardly gone a day, when it became the scene..  Banjos!  Banjos!  All the time, I can't forget that tune..  and if I ever see another banjo, I'm going out and buy a big balloon!"

21 February 2014
2.30am
LongHairedLady
coming in through the bathroom window
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 2098
2522sp_Permalink sp_Print

Sky999 said

DrBeatle said
Not too many Led Zeppelin fans on here, I gather? :P

I like them. :D

Cha!  ZEPPELIN RULES!!  \m/

"Please don't bring your banjo back, I know where it's been..  I wasn't hardly gone a day, when it became the scene..  Banjos!  Banjos!  All the time, I can't forget that tune..  and if I ever see another banjo, I'm going out and buy a big balloon!"

21 February 2014
4.49am
Necko
Earth
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 8043

510oQrHCV9L._SS500_.jpgImage Enlarger

Well, I am a fan of Led Zeppelin.  I just listed them in the overrated bands thread because I don’t think they’re one of the greatest bands ever, as some claim them to be.  I do like Led Zeppelin, though.  I feel pretty much the same way about Nirvana.

I'm Necko.  I'm like Ringo except I wear necklaces.

I'm also ewe2 on weekends.

Most likely to post things that make you go hmm... 2015, 2016, 2017. 

21 February 2014
4.55am
IveJustSeenAFaceo
Arrived Somewhere (But Not Here)
Rishikesh
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 2842
2524sp_Permalink sp_Print

Necko said
510oQrHCV9L._SS500_.jpgImage Enlarger

Well, I am a fan of Led Zeppelin.  I just listed them in the overrated bands thread because I don’t think they’re one of the greatest bands ever, as some claim them to be.  I do like Led Zeppelin, though.  I feel pretty much the same way about Nirvana.

paul-mccartneypaul-mccartneypaul-mccartneypaul-mccartneypaul-mccartneypaul-mccartneypaul-mccartneypaul-mccartneyblue-meanieblue-meanieblue-meanieblue-meanieblue-meanieblue-meaniea-hard-days-night-paul-11a-hard-days-night-paul-11a-hard-days-night-paul-11a-hard-days-night-paul-11a-hard-days-night-paul-11two-virginstwo-virginstwo-virginstwo-virginstwo-virgins

(This signature brought to you by Net Boy and Net Girl. Putting messages in modems since 1996.)

21 February 2014
5.07am
Necko
Earth
Apple rooftop
Members

Well, I do like Nirvana.  I just don’t think they’re the greatest band ever.  I have every Nirvana album, except for From the Muddy Banks of the Wiskah.

EDIT: Speaking of Nirvana, have you heard the 20TH Anniversary release of In Utero that came out recently?  Maybe it wasn’t quite necessary to remix and remaster it, but, man, does it sound good!

21 February 2014
5.15am
Necko
Earth
Apple rooftop
Members
2526sp_Permalink sp_Print

I’m not a huge Grateful Dead fan (I don’t dislike them, I just never got into them that much), but this is a pretty cool cover.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v…..QvutzekxBE

21 February 2014
5.17am
IveJustSeenAFaceo
Rishikesh
Members

Reviewers
2527sp_Permalink sp_Print

Necko said
Well, I do like Nirvana.  I just don’t think they’re the greatest band ever.  I have every Nirvana album, except for From the Muddy Banks of the Wiskah.

EDIT: Speaking of Nirvana, have you heard the 20TH Anniversary release of In Utero that came out recently?  Maybe it wasn’t quite necessary to remix and remaster it, but, man, does it sound good!

No, I haven’t heard it. Same reason I don’t have all the Beatles remasters. I’m happy with my boring old normal copy of In Utero. And heck, I don’t even have Bleach. It’s next on my list, but I’ve been getting a lot of CDs, with a limited amount of cash. Right now, I have Nevermind, In Utero, and MTV Unplugged In New York. I’ve heard Bleach a few times, just don’t own it. 

I have a list of top 5 bands that makes a lot of people laugh, it’s Beatles, Nirvana, Clash, Radiohead, and wait for it: Wilco. I love them. But most people are like, no Stones? No Floyd? No Zeppelin? Now admittedly, I haven’t heard basically any Floyd or Zeppelin, I’m trying them out soon, but I just don’t like the Stones. Most people disagree, though.

(This signature brought to you by Net Boy and Net Girl. Putting messages in modems since 1996.)

21 February 2014
7.55am
Necko
Earth
Apple rooftop
Members
2528sp_Permalink sp_Print

I like Wilco a lot. Actually, the late Jay Bennett, formerly of Wilco, was an alumnus of the high school I went to. 

I also like Radiohead. I have every album, except The Bends. 

21 February 2014
1.34pm
IveJustSeenAFaceo
Rishikesh
Members

Reviewers
2529sp_Permalink sp_Print

Necko said
I like Wilco a lot. Actually, the late Jay Bennett, formerly of Wilco, was an alumnus of the high school I went to. 

I also like Radiohead. I have every album, except The Bends. 

Yeah, a lot of people like them, but most don’t have them as the 5th best band of all time.

And it’s The King Of Limbs I don’t have from Radiohead. I’d recommend picking up The Bends.

21 February 2014
3.03pm
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24944
2530sp_Permalink sp_Print

Had a Country edition of Top of the Pops 2 on in the background a few weeks back and really liked an Emmylou Harris track so picked up a couple of her albums. For No One on Pieces Of The Sky is fantastic, captures the feeling of heartache and despair so much i want to comfort her.

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

21 February 2014
3.33pm
fabfouremily
Sitting in an English garden
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 2929
2531sp_Permalink sp_Print

LongHairedLady said

Sky999 said

DrBeatle said
Not too many Led Zeppelin fans on here, I gather? :P

I like them. :D

Cha!  ZEPPELIN RULES!!  \m/

Yeah! :D :D I’m actually listening to them at the moment – “Ten Years Gone”, lovely lyrics heart

Moving along in our God given ways, safety is sat by the fire/Sanctuary from these feverish smiles, left with a mark on the door.

(Passover - I. Curtis)

22 February 2014
4.40pm
parlance
Slaggers
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 7111
2532sp_Permalink sp_Print

Necko said

wetsroosa said

Necko said
morningphase.jpgImage Enlarger

How is the album? I used to worship Beck as a teen and 20-something (Sea Change got me through a break-up), but haven’t listened to anything from him since The Information.

Well, I’ve only heard it once.  It’s not released yet, it’s just streaming for free on NPR’s website prior to release.  It’s supposed to be a sequel or something to Sea Change.  It sounds a lot like Sea Change.

I’ve been listening to it this morning. I’m not usually into him, but I love his soundtrack for Scott Pilgrim and the NPR page has a great write-up.

parlance

Beware of sadness. It can hit you. It can hurt you. Make you sore and what is more, that is not what you are here for. - George

Check out my fan video for Paul's song "Appreciate" at Vimeo or YouTube.

23 February 2014
8.12pm
AppleScruffJunior
Sitting here doing nothing but procrastinating...
Apple rooftop
Reviewers

Members
Forum Posts: 7583
2533sp_Permalink sp_Print

Simon & Garfunkel- various songs. Amazing duo, deserve more recognition me thinks. The harmonies and Paul’s beautiful guitar playing- can’t be beat!

It’s rare to say that someone performs better live than in studio but with those guys it’s true

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v…..aSFzp6IDgw

INTROVERTS UNITE! Separately....in your own homes!

Make Love, Not Wardrobes!

"Stop throwing jelly beans at me"- George Harrison

23 February 2014
9.06pm
fabfouremily
Sitting in an English garden
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 2929
2534sp_Permalink sp_Print

^^  Yeah, they were quite something. Bit of a shame they can’t get past their differences to get back into the studio. There’s some really good stuff out there, though.

Moving along in our God given ways, safety is sat by the fire/Sanctuary from these feverish smiles, left with a mark on the door.

(Passover - I. Curtis)

23 February 2014
9.14pm
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24944
2535sp_Permalink sp_Print

This is very funny. 

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

24 February 2014
2.26pm
IveJustSeenAFaceo
Rishikesh
Members

Reviewers
2536sp_Permalink sp_Print

As mentioned by Necko about Beck’s new album Morning Phase, iTunes has a thing called “First Play” where you can stream an album that’s going to be released soon for free. 

So right now I’m listening to the Fray’s new album Helios.

ZImage Enlarger

It’s pretty good. Probably won’t buy it, but it’s solid.

You may  remember the Fray from the 40th Sgt. Pepper ‘s Anniversary thing.

They did Fixing A Hole

They’ve also done a few other Beatles covers I haven’t heard.

24 February 2014
8.56pm
OneCoolCat
The Cavern Club
Members
Forum Posts: 84
2537sp_Permalink sp_Print

I must admit I was listening to Bruno Mars as I was very impressed with him during the Super Bowl, but now I kind of rediscovered The Rascals (and Dino Danelli) and diggin’ their stuff again.

25 February 2014
3.42pm
DrBeatle
The Midwest via Boston
Candlestick Park
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 1595
2538sp_Permalink sp_Print

I’ve been going through the recently remastered deluxe editions of Suede’s albums…currently on their masterpiece, Dog Man Star, one of the greatest albums of the 1990s and of all time. The sound is SO MUCH BETTER than the original mix (where the excellent bass and drum playing was buried in the mix)

"I know you, you know me; one thing I can tell you is you got to be free!"

Please Visit My Website, The Rock and Roll Chemist

Twitter: @rocknrollchem

Facebook: rnrchemist

25 February 2014
4.00pm
parlance
Slaggers
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 7111
2539sp_Permalink sp_Print

OneCoolCat said
I must admit I was listening to Bruno Mars as I was very impressed with him during the Super Bowl

No shame in it. He’s an amazing performer.

I’ve been listening to the entire Tears for Fears catalog as I’m doing my spring cleaning.

parlance

Beware of sadness. It can hit you. It can hurt you. Make you sore and what is more, that is not what you are here for. - George

Check out my fan video for Paul's song "Appreciate" at Vimeo or YouTube.

26 February 2014
6.08pm
WETSRoosa
Mountains of East Tennessee
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1097
2540sp_Permalink sp_Print

Don’t know what happened to the TMBG post I had up earlier, but to answer Necko’s question: the “Lincoln” and “Flood” albums are your best bet. Or their children’s records. Later day TMBG doesn’t sound as inspired as they did when they were younger.

"There's no such thing as bad student... only bad teacher."

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2858
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5508
Newest Members:
jsullivan2112_1, catadorademusica, Slowhand, mirrortime, Julie
Moderators: Joe: 5690, meanmistermustard: 24944, Ahhh Girl: 22198, Beatlebug: 18181, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5690