Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
"What are you listening to right now?" thread
4 February 2014
10.57pm
Necko
Earth
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 8043
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
2421sp_Permalink sp_Print

Alphabetical order again. 

Was: 
All Revved Up (Demo) – The Smithereens 
All Right Now – Free 
All She Wrote – Ray Davies 
All Shook Up – Elvis Presley 
All Shook Up (Get Back sessions, January 3, 1969) – The Beatles 
All Summer Long – The Beach Boys  
All The Love In The World – Nine Inch Nails 
All The Love In The World – Vika Yermolyeva (vkgoeswild) 
All The Love In The World (Live rehearsal, Los Angeles, California, 2005) – Nine Inch Nails 
All The Pigs, All Lined Up – Nine Inch Nails 
All The Same – The Smithereens 
All The Time – Tom Waits 
All Things Must Pass George Harrison  
All Things Must Pass (Demo) – The Beatles (technically George Harrison
All Things Must Pass (Get Back sessions, January 3, 1969) – The Beatles 
All Things Must Pass (Get Back sessions, January 7, 1969) – The Beatles 
All Things Must Pass (Get Back sessions, unidentified) – The Beatles 
All This Is That – The Beach Boys  
All Time Low – Nine Inch Nails 
All Time Low (Todd Rundgren Mix) – Nine Inch Nails 
All Together Now – The Beatles 

All You Need Is Love – The Beatles

Currently: 
 All You Need Is Love (LOVE Mix) – The Beatles

Up next:  
All You Need Is Love (Unknown Rough Take from Anthology video) – The Beatles 
All You Need Is Love (Take 58 Acetate) – The Beatles 
All You Need Is Love (“Our World” TV Broadcast) – The Beatles 
All Your Love – John Mayall’s Bluesbreakers 
Alligator – Paul McCartney  
Alma Mater – Alice Cooper

Almost Blue – Elvis Costello

I have to admit, this current list doesn’t make my musical tastes seem very diverse.

I'm Necko.  I'm like Ringo except I wear necklaces.

I'm also ewe2 on weekends.

Most likely to post things that make you go hmm... 2015, 2016, 2017. 

5 February 2014
12.01am
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24960
2422sp_Permalink sp_Print

ok-computer.jpgImage Enlarger

Never heard it before. Reminds of U2 a little.

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

5 February 2014
12.05am
IveJustSeenAFaceo
Arrived Somewhere (But Not Here)
Rishikesh
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 2842

You found Radiohead! They’re fantastic, Kid A is one of my favorite albums. 

And speaking of U2, they had a charity track for RED, Invisible, which was free on iTunes during the Super Bowl, with someone donating $1 for every download (I forget who). It’s pretty good. Don’t know if it’s still free

Edit: It’s not free anymore, and it doesn’t say who was donating when it was, but it’s available for the standard song price of $1.29, and all proceeds go to AIDS research (which is what RED is). It’s a good song, so I’d recommend getting it even if charity wasn’t involved. 

(This signature brought to you by Net Boy and Net Girl. Putting messages in modems since 1996.)

5 February 2014
12.19am
AbbeyRoadRage
London Palladium
Members
Forum Posts: 162
2424sp_Permalink sp_Print

Over the past few days, I’ve been listening to the 2009 Beatles mono mixes from the awesome “The Beatles in Mono” box set I received in the mail not too long ago.  In addition, because I had gotten several iTunes cards for Christmas, I purchased a lot of songs by other artists like The Beach Boys , Bob Dylan, Creedence Clearwater Revival, Elvis Presley, Jimi Hendrix, Led Zeppelin, Simon and Garfunkel, The Who, and some solo Beatle songs.  Also, I have a few CDs, besides the Beatles mono remasters, including Paul McCartney ‘s “New”, “Let It Be …Naked”, and the Rolling Stones compilation “GRRR!”.

5 February 2014
1.11pm
WETSRoosa
Mountains of East Tennessee
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1097
2425sp_Permalink sp_Print
Image Enlarger

"There's no such thing as bad student... only bad teacher."

5 February 2014
3.24pm
Mara
Salzburg, Austria
St Peters Church
Members
Forum Posts: 11
2426sp_Permalink sp_Print

All Josh Ritter albums in shuffel mode. Such a great storyteller.

5 February 2014
3.29pm
Expert Textpert
In bed.
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 5012
2427sp_Permalink sp_Print

John Lennon , “Mother .”  This week I’ve been realizing that this actually is / could be a country song.

"If you're ever in the shit, grab my tit.” —Paul McCartney 

5 February 2014
10.25pm
parlance
Slaggers
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 7111
2428sp_Permalink sp_Print

Been on an 80s kick, and at work I’ve been listening to Sirius’ 80s on 8, and at home I’m alternating between KROQ Roq of the 80s station and my Pandora Old Skool R&B station.

parlance

Beware of sadness. It can hit you. It can hurt you. Make you sore and what is more, that is not what you are here for. - George

Check out my fan video for Paul's song "Appreciate" at Vimeo or YouTube.

5 February 2014
10.57pm
Sky999
On The Hill
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 2059

I’m listening to 60’s on 6, the Cousin Brucie radio show, on Sirius XM. Since mid December, when I had my rental car, listening to Cousin Brucie has become a staple of my Wednesday and Saturday evenings/nights. I called in a few weeks ago to request “Twist And Shout “, Beatles version of course;however, they said they had too many Beatles request. I settled with the Isely Brothers version. Not the same I know, but hey The Beatles liked, so I’m cool with it.  Both versions are great with me. a-hard-days-night-george-10heart

5 February 2014
11.00pm
Necko
Earth
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 8043
2430sp_Permalink sp_Print

Ipod in alphabetical order again.

Was:
Alone At Midnight – The Smithereens
Alone At Midnight (Live, 1986) – The Smithereens
Alone In Kyoto – Air
Already Dead – Beck
Alright For Now – Tom Petty
Altar Boy – Tom Waits
Although The Sun Is Shining – Fleetwood Mac
Always Leaving – Cowboy Mouth
Always On My Mind – Elvis Presley
Always With Me, Always With You – Joe Satriani

Am:
Am I Ever Gonna Change? – Extreme

Up next:
Am I Going Insane (Radio) – Black Sabbath
Amazing – Aerosmith
Amazing Grace – Rory Gallagher

I'm Necko.  I'm like Ringo except I wear necklaces.

I'm also ewe2 on weekends.

Most likely to post things that make you go hmm... 2015, 2016, 2017. 

5 February 2014
11.15pm
parlance
Slaggers
Apple rooftop
Members

Sky999 said
I’m listening to 60’s on 6, the Cousin Brucie radio show, on Sirius XM. Since mid December, when I had my rental car, listening to Cousin Brucie has become a staple of my Wednesday and Saturday evenings/nights. I called in a few weeks ago to request “Twist And Shout “, Beatles version of course;however, they said they had too many Beatles request. I settled with the Isely Brothers version. Not the same I know, but hey The Beatles liked, so I’m cool with it.  Both versions are great with me.

Sky, have you tried out the Deep Tracks or Classic Rock stations? We listen to them at work and they play a lot of Beatles.

parlance

Beware of sadness. It can hit you. It can hurt you. Make you sore and what is more, that is not what you are here for. - George

5 February 2014
11.36pm
Sky999
On The Hill
Candlestick Park
Members
2432sp_Permalink sp_Print

parlance said

Sky999 said I’m listening to 60’s on 6, the Cousin Brucie radio show, on Sirius XM. Since mid December, when I had my rental car, listening to Cousin Brucie has become a staple of my Wednesday and Saturday evenings/nights. I called in a few weeks ago to request “Twist And Shout “, Beatles version of course;however, they said they had too many Beatles request. I settled with the Isely Brothers version. Not the same I know, but hey The Beatles liked, so I’m cool with it.  Both versions are great with me.

Sky, have you tried out the Deep Tracks or Classic Rock stations? We listen to them at work and they play a lot of Beatles.
parlance

I’ve listened to Classic Vinyl,Classic Rewind, Underground, 70s, 80s, and 90s a bit, but I haven’t tried Deep Tracks yet. Thanks for the recommendation. 😀 

5 February 2014
11.47pm
parlance
Slaggers
Apple rooftop
Members
2433sp_Permalink sp_Print

Sky999 said

I’ve listened to Classic Vinyl,Classic Rewind, Underground, 70s, 80s, and 90s a bit, but I haven’t tried Deep Tracks yet. Thanks for the recommendation. 😀 

You’re welcome. Deep Tracks is definitely my favorite. One of my coworkers loves Garage Rock. I don’t care for it as much, but one day they did play “On My Way to Work.”

parlance

5 February 2014
11.51pm
Sky999
On The Hill
Candlestick Park
Members
2434sp_Permalink sp_Print

parlance said

Sky999 said I’ve listened to Classic Vinyl,Classic Rewind, Underground, 70s, 80s, and 90s a bit, but I haven’t tried Deep Tracks yet. Thanks for the recommendation. 😀 

You’re welcome. Deep Tracks is definitely my favorite. One of my coworkers loves Garage Rock. I don’t care for it as much, but one day they did play “On My Way to Work.”
parlance

Yeah I heard it on there too! I mostly check into that channel for Breakfast With The Beatles , but sometimes I do listen to it other parts of the week. 

5 February 2014
11.56pm
4or5Magicians
The Foothills of the Headlands
London Palladium
Members
Forum Posts: 184
2435sp_Permalink sp_Print

Rx – Bedside Toxicology. It’s a collaboration of industrial artists Ogre (of Skinny Puppy fame) and Martin Adkins. Typical dark electronic and slightly experimental stuff for the most part, but interestingly it opens up with a fairly straightforward cover of Pink Floyd’s Syd Barrett era tune “Scarecrow”. It works better than you’d think. :D

6 February 2014
12.23am
TheOneBeatle
Here, There And Everywhere
Hollywood Bowl
Members
Forum Posts: 678

The Surfer Moon and Your Summer Dream of The Beach Boys . Pretty underrated songs by them (though Brian is the only one singing in both). Very beautiful songs, check them out.

Let me take you down 'cause I'm going to...Strawberry Fields.

6 February 2014
2.37am
WETSRoosa
Candlestick Park
Members
2437sp_Permalink sp_Print

Sky999 said

parlance said

Sky999 said I’m listening to 60’s on 6, the Cousin Brucie radio show, on Sirius XM. Since mid December, when I had my rental car, listening to Cousin Brucie has become a staple of my Wednesday and Saturday evenings/nights. I called in a few weeks ago to request “Twist And Shout “, Beatles version of course;however, they said they had too many Beatles request. I settled with the Isely Brothers version. Not the same I know, but hey The Beatles liked, so I’m cool with it.  Both versions are great with me.

parlance

When I worked at Five Guys, we had to had the station on Classic Rewind, no exceptions. And I worked at 5G for close to three years. Because of that, I can’t stand listening to Tom Petty or post-Permanent Vacation Aerosmith anymore. However, I did discover “Slipping Away” by Dave Edmunds, so it wasn’t all bad. (Jeff Lynne wrote “Slipping Away,” actually.)

6 February 2014
2.45am
IveJustSeenAFaceo
Rishikesh
Members

Reviewers
2438sp_Permalink sp_Print

Right now I’m listening to The Grey Album for the first time, and I’m really loving it. Too bad there’s no download because of copyright. 

I sometimes (OK, lots of times) really hate EMI and their copyright tightness. Were they planning on releasing a Jay-Z/Beatles mashup album? I’d say probably not. So how is it hurting them? It might even help them, by maybe making some Jay-Z fans into Beatles fans and buying Beatles stuff. It’s certainly making me appreciate Jay-Z more.  

Anyway, check it out on YouTube if you haven’t heard it, it’s pretty great.

(This signature brought to you by Net Boy and Net Girl. Putting messages in modems since 1996.)

6 February 2014
2.48am
WETSRoosa
Candlestick Park
Members
2439sp_Permalink sp_Print

IveJustSeenAFaceo said
Right now I’m listening to The Grey Album for the first time, and I’m really loving it. Too bad there’s no download because of copyright. 
I sometimes (OK, lots of times) really hate EMI and their copyright tightness. Were they planning on releasing a Jay-Z/Beatles mashup album? I’d say probably not. So how is it hurting them? It might even help them, by maybe making some Jay-Z fans into Beatles fans and buying Beatles stuff. It’s certainly making me appreciate Jay-Z more.  

Paul even told EMI execs they were being stupid about it. Jay-Z felt it was a honor to have his music mashed with the Beatles, almost as if he “made it” in a way. I have heard it, and I love it.

6 February 2014
2.50am
IveJustSeenAFaceo
Rishikesh
Members

Reviewers
2440sp_Permalink sp_Print

wetsroosa said

IveJustSeenAFaceo said Right now I’m listening to The Grey Album for the first time, and I’m really loving it. Too bad there’s no download because of copyright. 

Paul even told EMI execs they were being stupid about it. Jay-Z felt it was a honor to have his music mashed with the Beatles, almost as if he “made it” in a way. I have heard it, and I love it.

I know! I meant to put that in my post, but forgot. 

Paul, Ringo, and Jay-Z all liked it, and Paul certainly didn’t have a problem with it.

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online: Richard
Guest(s) 1
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2858
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5516
Newest Members:
katybphoto, sleeptalker, Lovethebeatles, vtrop, nickygrangery
Moderators: Joe: 5692, meanmistermustard: 24960, Ahhh Girl: 22221, Beatlebug: 18182, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5692