Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
"What are you listening to right now?" thread
26 October 2013
10.22pm
AppleScruffJunior
Sitting here doing nothing but procrastinating...
Apple rooftop
Reviewers

Members
Forum Posts: 7583
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
2221sp_Permalink sp_Print

Listening to Nina Simone, feel like my insides are going to explode…great day and I’m in a stupid parade tomorrow paul-mccartney

On a brighter note, I’m going to see if All Things Must Pass is in a music store I’m going to tomorrow *fingers crossed*

INTROVERTS UNITE! Separately....in your own homes!

Make Love, Not Wardrobes!

"Stop throwing jelly beans at me"- George Harrison

26 October 2013
10.40pm
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 22221
2222sp_Permalink sp_Print

AppleScruffJunior said
Listening to Nina Simone, feel like my insides are going to explode…great day and I’m in a stupid parade tomorrow paul-mccartney

On a brighter note, I’m going to see if All Things Must Pass is in a music store I’m going to tomorrow *fingers crossed*

What is the parade celebrating? What will you be doing in the parade?

Are you looking for cd or LP? Hope you get what you are looking for.

26 October 2013
11.17pm
AppleScruffJunior
Apple rooftop
Reviewers

Members
2223sp_Permalink sp_Print

It’s the Galway Theatre Festival, wasn’t in any of the plays that were perfomed during the festival but was asked by a director I’ve worked with before, would I stand in for somebody in their company that had broken a leg. I have no idea what the hell I’m actually doing in the parade so long as they don’t put me on stilts I should be fine a-hard-days-night-paul-7

And I’m looking for the CD, they told me 2 months ago that they generally have ATMP in around Christmas time but I’m in Galway anyways so I decided I’d check it out!

27 October 2013
1.30am
Little Piggy Dragonguy
Nowhere Land
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 4141
2224sp_Permalink sp_Print

The Predator by Ice Cube, this has to be my favorite non Beatles album, every song on it is killer.

All living things must abide by the laws of the shape they inhabit 

27 October 2013
3.21am
Scoun
Massachusetts
The Star-Club
Members
Forum Posts: 69
2225sp_Permalink sp_Print

Sigur Rós’ (). Yes, that’s two parentheses.

Questo abrigado tanta mucho que can eat it carousel

27 October 2013
7.09am
trcanberra
Oz
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 6064
2226sp_Permalink sp_Print

About to listen to the “Let it Roll” CD again to get me in the mood for the Harrison Dark Horse box which should arrive during the week (and no, I did not get the ebay one, this is a new set for my Christmas present from Mrs trcanberra – but who can wait that long to listen to it when it gets here?).

==> trcanberra and hongkonglady - Together even when not (married for those not in the know!) <==

27 October 2013
10.59am
fabfouremily
Sitting in an English garden
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 2929
2227sp_Permalink sp_Print

Have had this going round my head for days, and I have no idea why:

Moving along in our God given ways, safety is sat by the fire/Sanctuary from these feverish smiles, left with a mark on the door.

(Passover - I. Curtis)

27 October 2013
1.45pm
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24959

Back To The Egg sessions.

The outtakes are fantastic, hearing Paul do the orchestra parts of Arrow Through Me is so much fun.

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

27 October 2013
5.08pm
parlance
Slaggers
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 7111
2229sp_Permalink sp_Print

Janelle Monae was on Saturday Night Live last night, and I thought I’d share this video I took of her during soundcheck of “I Want To Hold Your Hnad” at a concert she did right in a small venue when she was hitting it big:

parlance

Beware of sadness. It can hit you. It can hurt you. Make you sore and what is more, that is not what you are here for. - George

Check out my fan video for Paul's song "Appreciate" at Vimeo or YouTube.

28 October 2013
2.34pm
parlance
Slaggers
Apple rooftop
Members
2230sp_Permalink sp_Print

parlance said
Lawrence Juber on Breakfast with the Beatles doing his fingerpicking acoustic version of “I Am The Walrus .” I’m not kidding. It’s awesome. I wasn’t planning on spending the money, but I may have to see him in concert next weekend.

Breakfast with the Beatles posted videos from the performance at FB, and here is “I Am the Walrus.”

parlance

Beware of sadness. It can hit you. It can hurt you. Make you sore and what is more, that is not what you are here for. - George

28 October 2013
3.53pm
Zig
The Toppermost of the Poppermost
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 9832
2231sp_Permalink sp_Print

AppleScruffJunior said
 It’s the Galway Theatre Festival, wasn’t in any of the plays that were perfomed during the festival but was asked by a director I’ve worked with before, would I stand in for somebody in their company that had broken a leg. I have no idea what the hell I’m actually doing in the parade so long as they don’t put me on stilts I should be fine a-hard-days-night-paul-7

And I’m looking for the CD, they told me 2 months ago that they generally have ATMP in around Christmas time but I’m in Galway anyways so I decided I’d check it out!

So…how was the parade?

Did you get your CD?

Currently listening to American Woman by The Guess Who.

To the fountain of perpetual mirth, let it roll for all its worth. And all the children boogie.

28 October 2013
4.10pm
AppleScruffJunior
Apple rooftop
Reviewers

Members
2232sp_Permalink sp_Print

1. T’was great, I was helping move this bad boy

Image Enlarger

I christened him Hazel from Watership Down, I was next a to a lad who I was in a play with 4 years ago which was pretty cool.

2. I didn’t get to go to the music shop, it was lashing rain right before the parade and the parade started at  4:45 over at 6:00 and I was freezing so went to the pub with a couple of friends, the shop was closed when I came out a-hard-days-night-george-10 Going to the university in Galway tomorrow and my lectures are over at 2:00 so I’ll be able to go into the city then :)

Currently listening to an annoying diet ad on the telly

28 October 2013
4.33pm
fabfouremily
Sitting in an English garden
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 2929
2233sp_Permalink sp_Print

Currently listening to an annoying diet ad on the telly

Aren’t they all? I can’t stand them. In fact, I really can’t stand most adverts. They have to do something stupid or annoying so it sticks in your mind, which I guess is why we have that annoying go compare song (which is really annoying).

Moving along in our God given ways, safety is sat by the fire/Sanctuary from these feverish smiles, left with a mark on the door.

(Passover - I. Curtis)

28 October 2013
11.05pm
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24959
2234sp_Permalink sp_Print

I avoid adverts. Hate having to listen to someone tell me why i should buy their product, wasting my time. Generally i record tv shows and watch them back, zooming past commercials. In fact adverts nowadays last around 5 minutes (five!)! so you can actually jump them by pressing backup on sky+ and then adding 5 to the amount of minutes when the programme was last viewed. Works a treat.

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

28 October 2013
11.09pm
trcanberra
Oz
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
2235sp_Permalink sp_Print

I just never watch commercial TV any more – works a treat :)

Life is too short to waste time on ads.

==> trcanberra and hongkonglady - Together even when not (married for those not in the know!) <==

30 October 2013
5.35pm
parlance
Slaggers
Apple rooftop
Members
2236sp_Permalink sp_Print

We have Sirius XM at work, and today is David Bowie day on Ch. 111. Luckily, no one had a problem with my changing the channel, which I usually put on one of the classic rock stations anyway.

parlance

31 October 2013
12.22am
Funny Paper
America
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 2080
2237sp_Permalink sp_Print

By some strange technical glitch, my Windows Media Player suddenly was playing back at a slowed-down speed, and it caused the piece I selected — the scherzo (andante vivace) from Beethoven’s symphony no. 3 in E-flat major — to sound oddly experimental.

Faded flowers, wait in a jar, till the evening is complete... complete... complete... complete...

31 October 2013
1.10am
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
2238sp_Permalink sp_Print

Funny Paper said
By some strange technical glitch, my Windows Media Player suddenly was playing back at a slowed-down speed, and it caused the piece I selected — the scherzo (andante vivace) from Beethoven’s symphony no. 3 in E-flat major — to sound oddly experimental.

Cool. I love it when those kinds of things happen. But, I wonder if Beethoven just turned over in his grave paul-mccartney.

1 November 2013
12.48am
trcanberra
Oz
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
2239sp_Permalink sp_Print

Ahhh Girl said

Funny Paper said

Cool. I love it when those kinds of things happen. But, I wonder if Beethoven just turned over in his grave paul-mccartney.

You mean ‘rolled over’ of course?

1 November 2013
12.57am
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
2240sp_Permalink sp_Print

trcanberra said

Ahhh Girl said

Funny Paper said

You mean ‘rolled over’ of course?

The candy must be kicking in. Look at you being all kinds of funny. “Rolled” is what I should have said.apple01

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online: Richard
Guest(s) 1
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2858
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5516
Newest Members:
Lovethebeatles, vtrop, nickygrangery, pmolsen, thebeatlesshow
Moderators: Joe: 5692, meanmistermustard: 24959, Ahhh Girl: 22221, Beatlebug: 18182, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5692