Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
Things We Learned Today...
21 April 2020
7.55pm
lovelyritametermaid
You can meet me after heavy rain has fallen
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1445
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
2801sp_Permalink sp_Print

To me, big expensive weddings seem to be all about ego and vanity and showing off. I truly believe that a wedding should be a very small and intimate affair with only very close friends and family and nothing grandiose or fancy. The whole idea of having to pay a wedding planner, even, is extremely ridiculous to me. Just get married in a small ceremony in a nice, comfortable setting and then go eat in a private room at a nice restaurant and then stuff your face with dessert (honestly I want to make my own wedding cake I think that would be cool) and then boom done wedding completed. 

If anything, spend all of your money on a nice, cultured honeymoon to a gorgeous location, or like on what BB said:

Beatlebug said

Wouldn’t you rather put that money toward something that will give you use and pleasure in your actual married life? Like, you could put down payments on a couple of extremely nice cars. Or buy a small RV. Or a really goddamn expensive guitar+amp+pedalboard. But I digress… ahdn_george_06

The following people thank lovelyritametermaid for this post:

The Hole Got Fixed, Beatlebug

"....When I cannot sing my heart, I can only speak my mind...." 

"....This ain't no party, this ain't no disco, this ain't no fooling around...."

||She/They ||

21 April 2020
8.32pm
Beatlebug
Find me where ye echo lays

Moderators
Forum Posts: 18182
2802sp_Permalink sp_Print

a-hard-days-night-ringo-8 Taurus mood right there ahdn_george_06

sometimes I think I must secretly be Taurus tbh a-hard-days-night-george-10

The following people thank Beatlebug for this post:

lovelyritametermaid

([{BRACKETS!}])
New to Forumpool? You can introduce yourself here.
If you love The Beatles Bible, and you have adblock, don't forget to white-list this site!
whiteheart.png
avatar_creative_signature_Hmm.pngStarSpangledBanner.png

22 April 2020
5.18am
QuarryMan
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 3761
2803sp_Permalink sp_Print

Definitely agree with the wedding thoughts. I’m not planning on getting married, but if I ever do I’d like it to be small with only very close family and friends there. Or, on a boat at the Niagara Falls a-hard-days-night-john-6

The Best Jim And Pam Moments From "The Office" (So Far) | Jim, pam ...Image Enlarger

The following people thank QuarryMan for this post:

lovelyritametermaid, William Shears Campbell, SgtPeppersBulldog

I've been up on the mountain, and I've seen his wondrous grace,
I've sat there on the barstool and I've looked him in the face.
He seemed a little haggard, but it did not slow him down,
he was humming to the neon of the universal sound. 

23 April 2020
11.49am
lovelyritametermaid
Candlestick Park
Members
2804sp_Permalink sp_Print

In Physics we are learning about simple harmonic oscillation and I found out that the guitar strings are technically simple harmonic oscillators because when plucked vibrations (standing waves) bounce back and forth across the string (creating sound waves). Also (I looked further into this because of my physics nerdery as well as being a music nerd) and a guitar strings note depends on its velocity, which varies due to tension (which is increased or decrease by the tuning pegs) and mass density (thickness of string basically, but also the three lower strings are wrapped with wire with makes them extra thiccc and thus have high mass density). All of this is very obvious for the most part but like learning all the cool physics terms and reasons behind the guitar is just so interesting to me no matter the simplicities. 

There’s a lot more interesting music physics of course but I can’t really it explain that well without copy and pasting it so here’s the site that I mostly learned about it from (other stuff I learned in class yeet) 

Beatlebug, Beatlebug, WeepingAtlasCedars

"....This ain't no party, this ain't no disco, this ain't no fooling around...."

||She/They ||

27 April 2020
7.50am
AppleScruffJunior
Sitting here doing nothing but procrastinating...
Apple rooftop
Reviewers

Members
Forum Posts: 7583

Beatlebug said
I just learned that the average cost of a wedding in the US is around forty thousand dollars. Mind = blown a-hard-days-night-ringo-6

I wasn’t planning on ever having a wedding anyway, but I’m definitely not now a-hard-days-night-paul-7

Using the average to measure something like costs is generally a bad idea (averages in general are blah for getting an accurate idea of something) because you will always get the billionaires who will spend $10 million on an exotic wedding, screwing up the results for the rest of us schmucks). The much healthier median cost in 2016 was $14,399, according to WeddingReport.com. 

A very, very distant relative of mine who is a socialite got married on a yacht to a millionaire. Their wedding lasted 3 weeks, I was not invited. 

Personally, if I ever find a fool lovely person to ever marry me, I am totally for the ‘court house in a pretty dress idea’**. My mam made her own cake and dress and I’d like to do something similar and they just went to a restaurant that they had booked a few tables in afterwards. I’d say there was about 20 people in the group. They then went on honeymoon for 2 weeks to Cuba- that’s how you do it people!

**Surely I should get married in the Marylebone registry office? Keep the Beatley connections in the life and all that 😉 .

Today I learned: Consumers spent $601.75 BILLION online from US merchants in 2019, an increase of 14.9% on 2018’s figures.

The following people thank AppleScruffJunior for this post:

lovelyritametermaid, QuarryMan, Beatlebug, WeepingAtlasCedars

INTROVERTS UNITE! Separately....in your own homes!

Make Love, Not Wardrobes!

"Stop throwing jelly beans at me"- George Harrison

1 May 2020
1.13am
The Hole Got Fixed
A Dock at Southampton

Moderators
Forum Posts: 8410
2806sp_Permalink sp_Print

62.2% of all of Antigua and Barbuda’s exports go to…

No, not the US…

Poland. 

Most of a tiny Caribbean nation’s exports go to a country in eastern Europe. Why?

The following people thank The Hole Got Fixed for this post:

QuarryMan, Beatlebug

#AppleHoley2024: Make America Great For The First Time
2016 awards: Username-Badge.png 2017 awards: The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2017.png 2018 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2018.png 2019 awards: Ringo-2019.png 2020 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2020.png 2021 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2021.png
aus-flag-v-small.png

7 May 2020
12.41pm
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 12534
2807sp_Permalink sp_Print

When John Cleese appeared on the BBC’s Desert Island Discs, as his luxury item he chose “Michael Palin (stuffed)”. ahdn_john_08_gif

The following people thank Ron Nasty for this post:

Beatlebug, lovelyritametermaid, lovelyritametermaid, The Hole Got Fixed, WeepingAtlasCedars

"I only said we were bigger than Rod... and now there's all this!" Ron Nasty

To @ Ron Nasty it's @ mja6758
The Beatles Bible 2020 non-Canon Poll Part One: 1958-1963 and Part Two: 1964-August 1966

7 May 2020
1.48pm
AppleScruffJunior
Apple rooftop
Reviewers

Members
2808sp_Permalink sp_Print

I’ve said this on the Discord but I got my book signed* before by real life Michael Palin and I started crying because I just…..IT’S MICHAEL PALIN *weeps*. 

I hope he remembers me as that weird teenage girl who cried at him, I don’t think it’s a common experience for him.

If I ever saw him again, I’d probably start crying again.

This would not happen with anyone else, solely Michael Palin.

So my response to John Cheese’s/Cleese’s choice is- I don’t blame him, I’d want a stuffed Michael Palin too.

*He wrote a really nice message in the book as well, I think everyone else just got a boring To ***, Michael Palin.

He wrote on mine

“To ASJ, Best wishes from some very silly people, Michael Palin” *cries again because Michael Palin is such a sweetheart*.

It’s got to the point where when I see him on television, I can feel the tears in my eyes and his shows are on telly A LOT.

Beatlebug, lovelyritametermaid, The Hole Got Fixed, Von Bontee, WeepingAtlasCedars

7 May 2020
3.31pm
lovelyritametermaid
Candlestick Park
Members
2809sp_Permalink sp_Print

^^^Awww that’s so super sweet, ASJ– though I am quite envious of that autograph…a-hard-days-night-paul-7

Michael’s an absolute legend heart and it was just his birthday on Tuesday~ apple01

100 billion *chef’s kisses* for Palin john-lennon-salute_gifjohn-lennon-salute_gif

AppleScruffJunior, Beatlebug

||She/They ||

7 May 2020
7.43pm
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 12534
2810sp_Permalink sp_Print

Is it because he made you cry that you want Michael Palin dead, ASJ? ahdn_john_08_gifa-hard-days-night-george-10

The following people thank Ron Nasty for this post:

Beatlebug

"I only said we were bigger than Rod... and now there's all this!" Ron Nasty

To @ Ron Nasty it's @ mja6758
The Beatles Bible 2020 non-Canon Poll Part One: 1958-1963 and Part Two: 1964-August 1966

8 May 2020
3.57am
AppleScruffJunior
Apple rooftop
Reviewers

Members

RN don’t even joke about Michael Palin’s death!!! I lit a candle for him last year during his heart operation.

lovelyritametermaid, Beatlebug, WeepingAtlasCedars

8 May 2020
11.11am
Beatlebug

Moderators

Yesterday I learned that my lowkey crush on Julie Andrews hasn’t waned a bit since I was eleven. ahdn_paul_01a-hard-days-night-paul-10

IT’S FINE I’M FINE IT’S JUST THE VENUSIAN CHARM GETTING IN MY EYES IS ALL. a-hard-days-night-ringo-15

lovelyritametermaid, Von Bontee, Jules, sigh butterfly

([{BRACKETS!}])
If you love The Beatles Bible, and you have adblock, don't forget to white-list this site!
whiteheart.png

8 May 2020
7.52pm
Jules
In your wildest dreams
Hollywood Bowl
Members
Forum Posts: 690

Beatlebug said
Yesterday I learned that my lowkey crush on Julie Andrews hasn’t waned a bit since I was eleven. ahdn_paul_01a-hard-days-night-paul-10

Yo I feel you. She was one of the most charming actresses of the 60s. I fell in love with her when I saw The Sound of Music.

But we should probably not lust over people over 60, it’s creepyahdn_paul_02

The following people thank Jules for this post:

Beatlebug

the watusi

the twist

8 May 2020
7.55pm
Von Bontee
496 km NW of the '69 Toronto Rock n Roll Revival
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 5457
2814sp_Permalink sp_Print

‘Ooh, I just watched Julie Andrews in 1967’s “Thoroughly Modern Millie”. She was radiant in it, as was Mary Tyler Moore; but the film itself was mostly a tortuous mixture of Jazz Age stylishness and bad (and often racist) comedy, with the standard post-“Help !” Pop-Art wackiness.

Inspired by all the zodi-yakettyyak on the board of late, I’ve just learned that my fellow Libras include John Lennon , Chuck Berry, Thelonious Monk, Eminem, and…John Mayer. 

The following people thank Von Bontee for this post:

Beatlebug, lovelyritametermaid, WeepingAtlasCedars

Paul: Yeah well… first of all, we’re bringing out a ‘Stamp Out Detroit’ campaign.

8 May 2020
9.20pm
Beatlebug

Moderators

Jules said

Beatlebug said

Yo I feel you. She was one of the most charming actresses of the 60s. I fell in love with her when I saw The Sound of Music.

uggggh saaaaaame a-hard-days-night-paul-7 we were watching Mary Poppins, it’s one of my dad’s favorite films ever, but we keep saying we need to watch The Sound Of Music again. I haven’t seen it since I was about eleven, when I originally fell in love with Julie Andrews and ended up getting so obsessed with the soundtrack that I memorized the whole thing and would sing it in its entirety, including the instrumental/orchestral overtures, etc… but that’s a whole nother rabbit-hole ahdn_george_06

Speak for yourself, I ain’t lusting over anyone a-hard-days-night-john-6

Von Bontee

([{BRACKETS!}])
whiteheart.png

8 May 2020
10.41pm
lovelyritametermaid
Candlestick Park
Members

Beatlebug said

Jules said

Beatlebug said

yeah but what I’m just specifically lusting over younger pictures of them? ahdn_paul_02

uggggh saaaaaame a-hard-days-night-paul-7 we were watching Mary Poppins, it’s one of my dad’s favorite films ever, but we keep saying we need to watch The Sound Of Music again. I haven’t seen it since I was about eleven, when I originally fell in love with Julie Andrews and ended up getting so obsessed with the soundtrack that I memorized the whole thing and would sing it in its entirety, including the instrumental/orchestral overtures, etc… but that’s a whole nother rabbit-hole ahdn_george_06

Speak for yourself, I don’t lust over anyone a-hard-days-night-john-6

Awww I grew up watching Mary Poppins like every week of my childhood– I love Mary Poppins it brings back so many nostalgic feelings~ 

I also love the Sound of Music– all the instrumentals and orchestrations are lovely and I adore “Eidelweiss”

Also Captain von Tropp can get ngl and repeatedly watching  Julie Andrews as Mary Poppins in all her beauty and glory is probably one of the reasons why a part of me is very gay

Beatlebug, Beatlebug

||She/They ||

9 May 2020
11.22am
QuarryMan
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 3761
2817sp_Permalink sp_Print

Today I learnt that… when my friend was 14, she used to talk to Mormons on this chat room and ending up becoming pen friends with a girl doing her second year of a mission, using the name David rather than her real name. The girl ended up posting her a free copy of the Book of Mormon (don’t ask me what the logic behind concealing your name but giving out your address is), but they eventually stopped responding to her emails after some Mormons arrived at her house asking for David and discovered there wasn’t a David who lived there. It’s a funny story, but I also feel bad for the girl and for the Mormons who had their time wastedpaul-mccartney-facepalm_gif

The following people thank QuarryMan for this post:

lovelyritametermaid, Beatlebug, WeepingAtlasCedars

I've been up on the mountain, and I've seen his wondrous grace,
I've sat there on the barstool and I've looked him in the face.
He seemed a little haggard, but it did not slow him down,
he was humming to the neon of the universal sound. 

9 May 2020
2.50pm
AppleScruffJunior
Apple rooftop
Reviewers

Members
2818sp_Permalink sp_Print

Mississippi is the only US state where you have to wait until 21 to get married without parental consent. All other states are 17 or 18 w/out parental consent. 

Beatlebug, lovelyritametermaid, WeepingAtlasCedars

10 May 2020
7.25pm
AppleScruffJunior
Apple rooftop
Reviewers

Members
2819sp_Permalink sp_Print

Our dear friend @The Hole Got Fixed is actually a ginger! It’s good to have representation on the forum.

lovelyritametermaid, Beatlebug, Little Piggy Dragonguy

10 May 2020
7.28pm
The Hole Got Fixed
A Dock at Southampton

Moderators
Forum Posts: 8410
2820sp_Permalink sp_Print

AppleScruffJunior said
Our dear friend @The Hole Got Fixed is actually a ginger! It’s good to have representation on the forum.

I

Am

Not

A

Ginger

God do you even have eyespaul-mccartney

No offence to gingers out there… but my hair is brown

The following people thank The Hole Got Fixed for this post:

Beatlebug, WeepingAtlasCedars

#AppleHoley2024: Make America Great For The First Time
2016 awards: Username-Badge.png 2017 awards: The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2017.png 2018 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2018.png 2019 awards: Ringo-2019.png 2020 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2020.png 2021 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2021.png
aus-flag-v-small.png

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2858
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5519
Newest Members:
seo mavia, adamo3, katybphoto, sleeptalker, Lovethebeatles
Moderators: Joe: 5694, meanmistermustard: 24964, Ahhh Girl: 22227, Beatlebug: 18182, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5694