Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
The "Incredibly Impossible to Derail This Thread" thread
22 December 2018
7.24pm
50yearslate
Playing on the roofs again
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 8759
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
19441sp_EditHistory sp_Permalink sp_Print

TheWalrusWasBrian said
HELLO! Sorry I’ve been so absent, Chorus has been keeping me busy. But i have good news: I FINALLY DID IT! I’m successfully getting someone into the Beatles. I made a deal with my friend that I would learn about a band he likes if he learns about a band I like. So far he’s impressed. ahdn_john_08_gif  

Also: (sorry for the double post) I am very glad you are back! And I am very glad that your friend has made this agreement with you! Just out of curiousity, what band did he choose for you to learn about? (And was he one of the friends on the google doc?)

I just realized we both did double posts. Poor Holey will be so confused a-hard-days-night-paul-10

The following people thank 50yearslate for this post:

The Hole Got Fixed, TheWalrusWasBrian, Beatlebug

Love one another.

- - -

(I'm Fiddy, not Walrian)

- - -

2018:IMG_3980.PNG 2019: 00A040E0-7F67-413C-9CAB-AB4C27EB864A.png 2020:offtopic.png

22 December 2018
7.30pm
The Hole Got Fixed
A Dock at Southampton

Moderators
Forum Posts: 8410
19442sp_Permalink sp_Print

Haha no I understood it this time!

You’re very lucky Walrian…

The following people thank The Hole Got Fixed for this post:

50yearslate, TheWalrusWasBrian, Beatlebug

#AppleHoley2024: Make America Great For The First Time
2016 awards: Username-Badge.png 2017 awards: The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2017.png 2018 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2018.png 2019 awards: Ringo-2019.png 2020 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2020.png 2021 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2021.png
aus-flag-v-small.png

22 December 2018
11.45pm
TheWalrusWasBrian
fell off the roof AAAAAAAAAAA!!!!
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 2150
19443sp_Permalink sp_Print

Yeh, they’re great people! Really open and accepting, I love them. To answer your questions, @50yearslate , BTS, the Kpop band (It’s actually pretty good, definitely not what i usually listen to, but i like it) and yes, he is Friend 1 in that convo. ahdn_george_08

The following people thank TheWalrusWasBrian for this post:

50yearslate, Beatlebug

IMG_3978.PNG|badge1.png | I don’t know how to put it here. hello for the love of god hello 

~~~

The Concert for Bageldesh

~~~

Walrian here! Not Fiddy, or anyone else, actually.

23 December 2018
11.16am
vonbontee
Inside Von Bontee's mind
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 5444
19444sp_Permalink sp_Print

silverhammerYT said

Ha! Whoever wrote that didn’t bother to make it sound real paul-mccartney-facepalm_gif

Personally, I don’t believe that whole theory anyway. I simply won’t believe it. I can’t accept it.   

My favourite part is when they blandly admit that Paul – not Campbell – gave an interview in 1969.

The following people thank vonbontee for this post:

50yearslate, silverhammerYT

GEORGE: In fact, The Detroit Sound. JOHN: In fact, yes. GEORGE: In fact, yeah. Tamla-Motown artists are our favorites. The Miracles. JOHN: We like Marvin Gaye. GEORGE: The Impressions PAUL & GEORGE: Mary Wells. GEORGE: The Exciters. RINGO: Chuck Jackson. JOHN: To name but eighty. 

offtopic-1.png

https://rateyourmusic.com/~Myo.....Von_Bontee

23 December 2018
12.56pm
50yearslate
Apple rooftop
Members
19445sp_Permalink sp_Print

vonbontee said

My favourite part is when they blandly admit that Paul – not Campbell – gave an interview in 1969.  

Yes! They’re like, “Paul has not yet commented on the interview…”

Also, have you read the comments? All the naive little people saying “What a thoroughly researched article! Paul must be dead! All the clues point to it! Thanks for enlightening us! Everything we read on the Internet is true!”

paul-mccartney-facepalm_gifpaul-mccartney-facepalm_gifpaul-mccartney-facepalm_gifpaul-mccartney-facepalm_gifpaul-mccartney-facepalm_gifpaul-mccartney-facepalm_gifpaul-mccartney-facepalm_gifpaul-mccartney-facepalm_gifpaul-mccartney-facepalm_gifpaul-mccartney-facepalm_gifpaul-mccartney-facepalm_gifpaul-mccartney-facepalm_gifpaul-mccartney-facepalm_gifpaul-mccartney-facepalm_gif

silverhammerYT, SgtPeppersBulldog

Love one another.

- - -

(I'm Fiddy, not Walrian)

- - -

2018:IMG_3980.PNG 2019: 00A040E0-7F67-413C-9CAB-AB4C27EB864A.png 2020:offtopic.png

23 December 2018
4.59pm
silverhammerYT
Nowhere Land
Royal Command Performance
Members
Forum Posts: 221
19446sp_Permalink sp_Print

Anyone else glad it’s winter break? I’m in eighth grade, and school is extremely stressful. Especially the whole forecasting thingpaul-mccartney-facepalm_gif. The few weeks before winter break are always a bit awkward. We can’t be taught anything new, because we’ll just forget it all over break, and we can’t review old stuff because we’re all counting down the days until break and not paying attention anyway. mccartney-shrug_01_gif Just glad I can be at home and not have to spend six hours a day at school, I guess.

The following people thank silverhammerYT for this post:

TheWalrusWasBrian

Reporter: Beethoven figures in one of your songs. What do you think of Beethoven?
Ringo Starr: He’s great. Especially his poetry.

23 December 2018
5.03pm
The Hole Got Fixed
A Dock at Southampton

Moderators
19447sp_Permalink sp_Print

I’m on summer break… 8 weeks of staying inside, sheltering from record breaking storms, and record breaking heatwaves. Only in Australia a-hard-days-night-george-10

Side note: it was very hard to make this post…IMG_2584.PNGImage Enlarger

Beatlebug

2016 awards: Username-Badge.png 2017 awards: The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2017.png 2018 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2018.png 2019 awards: Ringo-2019.png 2020 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2020.png 2021 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2021.png
aus-flag-v-small.png

23 December 2018
5.15pm
50yearslate
Apple rooftop
Members
19448sp_EditHistory sp_Permalink sp_Print

The Hole Got Fixed said
I’m on summer break… 8 weeks of staying inside, sheltering from record breaking storms, and record breaking heatwaves. Only in Australia a-hard-days-night-george-10

At least you don’t have to go to school? mccartney-shrug_01_gif That’s pretty crazy though. We’re pretty used to the heat here in summer, but having both storms and heatwaves must be disorienting. It’s winter break here… Two weeks of sheltering from light rain and dreading the day that school starts again. 

Side note: it was very hard to make this post…IMG_2584.PNGImage Enlarger

Is that an ad?!? That’s ridiculous. I commend your admirable perseverance in the creation of your post!

silverhammerYT said

Anyone else glad it’s winter break? I’m in eighth grade, and school is extremely stressful. Especially the whole forecasting thingpaul-mccartney-facepalm_gif. The few weeks before winter break are always a bit awkward. We can’t be taught anything new, because we’ll just forget it all over break, and we can’t review old stuff because we’re all counting down the days until break and not paying attention anyway. mccartney-shrug_01_gif Just glad I can be at home and not have to spend six hours a day at school, I guess

I’m a sophomore, and we weren’t taught anything new either, because we were busy cramming our heads with review for finals, which for the record are some of the most stressful things I have ever encountered in my fifteen years on this planet. It hasn’t quite sunk in yet that it’s break and I don’t have to worry anymore, but my subconscious cannot be easily persuaded to let go of its problems. paul-mccartney-facepalm_gif

Also, @silverhammerYT, what is this “forecasting thing” you refer to? I feel like I should know what it is but I’m tired. ahdn_george_05

The Hole Got Fixed, Beatlebug, SgtPeppersBulldog

Love one another.

- - -

(I'm Fiddy, not Walrian)

- - -

23 December 2018
5.56pm
silverhammerYT
Nowhere Land
Members
19449sp_Permalink sp_Print

@50yearslate forecasting is picking our classes for high school. The silly thing about it is that they act like we’re deciding the course of our whole life and it’s just way too much pressure.paul-mccartney-facepalm_gifa-hard-days-night-ringo-14

The following people thank silverhammerYT for this post:

Beatlebug

Reporter: Beethoven figures in one of your songs. What do you think of Beethoven?

23 December 2018
6.00pm
50yearslate
Apple rooftop
Members
19450sp_EditHistory sp_Permalink sp_Print

silverhammerYT said
@50yearslate forecasting is picking our classes for high school. The silly thing about it is that they act like we’re deciding the course of our whole life and it’s just way too much pressure.paul-mccartney-facepalm_gifa-hard-days-night-ringo-14.   

Ahhh I see. It was like a ten-minute thing when I was in eighth grade– we sat sown with our counselors, picked our electives, and left. At my school all the freshmen take the same classes unless they’re in the advanced math program or if they took a language in middle school, so it wasn’t too stressful, but I definitely felt the pressure last year when picking classes for my sophomore year. The best advice I can give is to just not worry about it, because as you said, it’s not as though your entire life depends on it. Just pick the classes that sound interesting to you, and if you’re considering honors, AP, or advanced classes, take them because you want to take them, not because others are pressuring you or because you feel like you have something to prove. I learned my lesson this year when I decided to take honors math and honors chem in the same year, and they’re both very hard and stressful classes. Just don’t overdo it and you’ll be just fine. heart

silverhammerYT

Love one another.

- - -

(I'm Fiddy, not Walrian)

- - -

23 December 2018
9.53pm
Beatlebug
Find me where ye echo lays

Moderators
Forum Posts: 18181
19451sp_Permalink sp_Print

@TheWalrusWasBrian doing the Lords’ work, I see. Good on ye. john-lennon-salute_gif

The following people thank Beatlebug for this post:

50yearslate, TheWalrusWasBrian

([{BRACKETS!}])
New to Forumpool? You can introduce yourself here.
If you love The Beatles Bible, and you have adblock, don't forget to white-list this site!
whiteheart.png
avatar_creative_signature_Hmm.pngStarSpangledBanner.png

24 December 2018
5.41pm
50yearslate
Apple rooftop
Members
19452sp_Permalink sp_Print

@silverhammerYT how are you feeling?

Love one another.

- - -

(I'm Fiddy, not Walrian)

- - -

24 December 2018
7.39pm
silverhammerYT
Nowhere Land
Members
19453sp_Permalink sp_Print

50yearslate said
@silverhammerYT how are you feeling?  

Getting better all the time, I suppose. I’ve stopped feeling nauseous, which is great. Just mainly allergies, now. I can finally eat again, thankfully. Really happy I’m better in time for Christmas heart. (You were right, water, rest, and Beatles music is key to recovery a-hard-days-night-george-10)

24 December 2018
7.57pm
50yearslate
Apple rooftop
Members
19454sp_EditHistory sp_Permalink sp_Print

silverhammerYT said

Getting better all the time, I suppose. I’ve stopped feeling nauseous, which is great. Just mainly allergies, now. I can finally eat again, thankfully. Really happy I’m better in time for Christmas heart. (You were right, water, rest, and Beatles music is key to recovery a-hard-days-night-george-10)  

Yay! To be frank, I was beginning to doubt good ol’ Doc Robert’s credibility. Glad you’re better (and sorry about the allergies. a-hard-days-night-paul-10)

silverhammerYT

Love one another.

- - -

(I'm Fiddy, not Walrian)

- - -

26 December 2018
9.17am
sir walter raleigh
In our yellow (IN OUR YELLOW) submarine (SUBMARINE AHA!)
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 5777
19455sp_Permalink sp_Print

I had one of the those dreams last night where a bunch of people were mad at me and I had no way to explain myself. 

The following people thank sir walter raleigh for this post:

Beatlebug

"The pump don't work cause the vandals took the handles!"

-Bob Dylan, Subterranean Homesick Blues

"We could ride and surf together while our love would grow"

-Brian Wilson, Surfer Girl

26 December 2018
10.03am
50yearslate
Apple rooftop
Members
19456sp_Permalink sp_Print

sir walter raleigh said
I had one of the those dreams last night where a bunch of people were mad at me and I had no way to explain myself.   

I can’t stand those, they’re so frustrating. I dreamt that I had to retake all my finals and everyone was dressed like Disney princesses for some reason and also the jazz band was practicing in the girl’s bathroom.

mccartney-shrug_01_gif

TheWalrusWasBrian, Beatlebug, ewe2

Love one another.

- - -

(I'm Fiddy, not Walrian)

- - -

26 December 2018
10.57am
Timothy
Nutopia
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 2129
19457sp_EditHistory sp_Permalink sp_Print

sir walter raleigh said

I hate bad dreams. I had a legit nightmare about three days ago. Also, shortly before going to sleep I remember dreaming of tripping down some stairs, and my own leg moved in the bed in response, which is when I woke up.

1.The Beatles 2.Sgt. Pepper 3.Abbey Road 4.Magical Mystery Tour 5.Rubber Soul 6.Revolver 7.Help! 8.Let It Be
9.A Hard Day’s Night 10.Please Please Me 11.Beatles For Sale 12.With The Beatles 13.Yellow Submarine

Most Avid John Fan 2020 and 2021: john.png john.png

26 December 2018
11.07am
TheWalrusWasBrian
fell off the roof AAAAAAAAAAA!!!!
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 2150
19458sp_Permalink sp_Print

50yearslate said

I can’t stand those, they’re so frustrating. I dreamt that I had to retake all my finals and everyone was dressed like Disney princesses for some reason and also the jazz band was practicing in the girl’s bathroom.

mccartney-shrug_01_gif  

That sounds like a normal day at my school.

The following people thank TheWalrusWasBrian for this post:

Beatlebug, SgtPeppersBulldog, 50yearslate, vonbontee

IMG_3978.PNG|badge1.png | I don’t know how to put it here. hello for the love of god hello 

~~~

The Concert for Bageldesh

~~~

Walrian here! Not Fiddy, or anyone else, actually.

26 December 2018
3.30pm
The Hole Got Fixed
A Dock at Southampton

Moderators
19459sp_Permalink sp_Print

I had a dream last night (probably inspired by a certain someone’s arrival) that @Martha had come back. I treated that as such a big deal I told my grandmother to go on ahead, I’d meet her in an houra-hard-days-night-paul-4ahdn_john_08_gif

Beatlebug

aus-flag-v-small.png

26 December 2018
3.53pm
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 22213
19460sp_Permalink sp_Print

I have a recurring nightmare that I am at school and can’t remember what classes I am taking. I don’t know which rooms to go to. I know that I haven’t done any of the homework and readings for the classes.

Sometimes it’s college and sometimes it is high school.

The following people thank Ahhh Girl for this post:

Beatlebug
Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2859
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5510
Newest Members:
frankc, viv@nelsontraining.co.uk, bornhairyman, frankkilmore123@gmail.com, onlyanorthernsong
Moderators: Joe: 5691, meanmistermustard: 24950, Ahhh Girl: 22213, Beatlebug: 18181, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5691