Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
The "Incredibly Impossible to Derail This Thread" thread
9 July 2017
9.02am
AppleScruffJunior
Sitting here doing nothing but procrastinating...
Apple rooftop
Reviewers

Members
Forum Posts: 7583
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
18281sp_EditHistory sp_Permalink sp_Print

Starr Shine? said
Well your son Smile married AppleScruffJunior and they had kids so your grandson is the one who duplicated.

I married a person called Smile?? And AG is my mother-in-law, the latter I’m fine with but really Smile, what kind of name is that @Ahhh Girl ?!? a-hard-days-night-george-10

INTROVERTS UNITE! Separately....in your own homes!

Make Love, Not Wardrobes!

"Stop throwing jelly beans at me"- George Harrison

9 July 2017
9.07am
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 22227
18282sp_Permalink sp_Print

ASJ, you are a wonderful daughter-in-law.

The following people thank Ahhh Girl for this post:

AppleScruffJunior, Beatlebug
9 July 2017
9.17am
Beatlebug
Find me where ye echo lays

Moderators
Forum Posts: 18182
18283sp_Permalink sp_Print

@Martha I’m honoured. The Strat is a wonderful guitar, especially a wonderful first axe, and holds a place in every guitarist’s arsenal; but I do think you should check out some of those vids that PeppDog posted above, and try all different sorts before you choose. Don’t forget Telecasters, they’re great as well.

The following people thank Beatlebug for this post:

Martha, SgtPeppersBulldog

([{BRACKETS!}])
New to Forumpool? You can introduce yourself here.
If you love The Beatles Bible, and you have adblock, don't forget to white-list this site!
whiteheart.png
avatar_creative_signature_Hmm.pngStarSpangledBanner.png

9 July 2017
12.49pm
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
18284sp_Permalink sp_Print

Starr Shine? said
Well your son Smile married AppleScruffJunior and they had kids so your grandson is the one who duplicated.  

AppleScruffJunior said

I married a person called Smile?? And AG is my mother-in-law, the latter I’m fine with but really Smile, what kind of name is that @Ahhh Girl ?!? a-hard-days-night-george-10 

I let trcanberra name that one paul-mccartney-facepalm_gif 

AppleScruffJunior, Beatlebug
9 July 2017
12.52pm
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
18285sp_Permalink sp_Print

@AppleScruffJunior, I oopsed and edited your post instead of quoting it. I went back and fixed my oops.

9 July 2017
3.35pm
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24964
18286sp_Permalink sp_Print

Related imageImage Enlarger

The following people thank meanmistermustard for this post:

SgtPeppersBulldog, WeepingAtlasCedars

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

9 July 2017
8.33pm
Dark Overlord
Nowhere Land
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 4470
18287sp_Permalink sp_Print

I don’t know if I’ve done this before but here’s a poll for Fender Stratocaster vs Fender Telecaster vs Gibson Les Paul vs some other stuff.

[sp_show_poll id=”204″]

I say they all have their moments, A Strat is great for Nowhere Man , a Tele is great for Sun King , a Les Paul is great for Savoy Truffle , a Gretsch is great for Baby’s In Black , a Gibson hollowbody is great for Flying , the list goes on.

The following people thank Dark Overlord for this post:

SgtPeppersBulldog, Martha

If you're reading this, you are looking for something to do.

10 July 2017
9.57am
SgtPeppersBulldog
Swinging London
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 3157
18288sp_Permalink sp_Print

@Necko did you see the link? It’s on the last page if not.

"Some kind of happiness is measured out in miles... " 

2017: 

10 July 2017
12.40pm
Necko
Earth
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 8043
18289sp_Permalink sp_Print

The following people thank Necko for this post:

SgtPeppersBulldog, AppleScruffJunior

I'm Necko.  I'm like Ringo except I wear necklaces.

I'm also ewe2 on weekends.

Most likely to post things that make you go hmm... 2015, 2016, 2017. 

10 July 2017
5.18pm
Dark Overlord
Nowhere Land
Rishikesh
Members
18290sp_Permalink sp_Print

A random question but has anybody here ever used a Leslie speaker, i haven’t so when i want to play a song like Something or Octopus’s Garden , i have to use a chorus effect instead, which works good enough but not as good as an actual Leslie speaker.

10 July 2017
5.34pm
The Hole Got Fixed
A Dock at Southampton

Moderators
Forum Posts: 8410
18291sp_Permalink sp_Print

You can download Leslie speaker effects, which I’ve used, but I’ve never used an actual Leslie speaker. 

The following people thank The Hole Got Fixed for this post:

Dark Overlord

#AppleHoley2024: Make America Great For The First Time
2016 awards: Username-Badge.png 2017 awards: The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2017.png 2018 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2018.png 2019 awards: Ringo-2019.png 2020 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2020.png 2021 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2021.png
aus-flag-v-small.png

10 July 2017
7.34pm
ewe2
Inside the beat
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 3025
18292sp_Permalink sp_Print

I voted Other mainly because I want a G&L Fallout (Tribute). Unfortunately, bills keep getting in the way of saving for one.

The following people thank ewe2 for this post:

Martha

I'm like Necko only I'm a bassist ukulele guitar synthesizer kazoo penguin and also everyone. Or is everyone me? Now I'm a confused bassist ukulele guitar synthesizer kazoo penguin everyone who is definitely not @Joe.  This has been true for 2016 & 2017 Sig-Badge.png but I may have to get more specific in the future.

aus-flag-v-small.png

10 July 2017
7.42pm
Dark Overlord
Nowhere Land
Rishikesh
Members
18293sp_Permalink sp_Print

Have any of you had to do an I’m not a robot test when trying to do a Google search because it happened to me today.

10 July 2017
8.04pm
sir walter raleigh
In our yellow (IN OUR YELLOW) submarine (SUBMARINE AHA!)
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 5789
18294sp_Permalink sp_Print

Dark Overlord said
A random question but has anybody here ever used a Leslie speaker, i haven’t so when i want to play a song like Something or Octopus’s Garden , i have to use a chorus effect instead, which works good enough but not as good as an actual Leslie speaker.  

My friend’s dad has a real Leslie and Hammond, but I’ve never used it. My new keyboard came with a solid leslie effect though. I was close to buying one at a vintage electronics store but it was too big and expensive. 

"The pump don't work cause the vandals took the handles!"

-Bob Dylan, Subterranean Homesick Blues

"We could ride and surf together while our love would grow"

-Brian Wilson, Surfer Girl

10 July 2017
9.15pm
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
18295sp_Permalink sp_Print

Dark Overlord said
Have any of you had to do an I’m not a robot test when trying to do a Google search because it happened to me today.  

yes

The Hole Got Fixed, Necko
11 July 2017
12.37am
Necko
Earth
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 8043
18296sp_Permalink sp_Print

Dark Overlord said

Yes, I have. It almost fried my circuits. 

The following people thank Necko for this post:

ewe2, SgtPeppersBulldog, WeepingAtlasCedars

I'm Necko.  I'm like Ringo except I wear necklaces.

I'm also ewe2 on weekends.

Most likely to post things that make you go hmm... 2015, 2016, 2017. 

16 July 2017
3.55pm
WeepingAtlasCedars
Gelzelha, The Void
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 2699
18297sp_Permalink sp_Print

Dark Overlord said in the Beatles News thread

I only recommend buying this guitar if you are very good on guitar. If you can’t determine how good you are at guitar try to play 25 Beatles songs in a row, making sure to play all of the lead guitar parts. If you are having trouble with even one (by trouble i don’t mean you missed a couple of notes or anything like that, i mean like really having a hard time playing the song) song, then you shouldn’t buy an expensive guitar and instead should go for a cheaper alternative. If you want to discuss that with me, move this to the Incredibly Impossible thread but anyways, if you are an excellent guitarist, then i recommend purging your college funds on expensive guitars like this one.

I know. I’m a terrible guitarist, I just really love beautiful instruments. beatlemaniacs_02_gif

Furthermore, I don’t even know if I have a college fund… a-hard-days-night-paul-10

"WeepyC came into the fray as the premier Jimmy Page fan, and will remain." - sir walter raleigh

2016 & 2017: Username-Badge.png

2020: Creative-Contribution-2020.pngFunniest-Post-2020.pngMost-Likely-to-Cheer-Somebody-Up-in-a-Bad-Mood-2020.png

16 July 2017
4.32pm
Dark Overlord
Nowhere Land
Rishikesh
Members
18298sp_EditHistory sp_Permalink sp_Print

You’ve come to the right place.

As far as affordable guitars of good quality, look no further than the MIM Fender series.

As you may not know, Fender has been making guitars in Mexico as a cheaper alternative to their American guitars and the best part is that they’re actual Fenders, not Starcaster or Squier or some affiliated brand, these are actual Fenders so they have the quality of real Fenders and the best part is the price, brand new from Fender they’re $600 but you can easily find them used at your local Guitar Center for around $300.

The cheapest one i could find for sale is for $249 although it has a humbucker in the bridge.

If you prefer to have a single coil in the bridge like i do, Here’s a nice one i found on the Guitar Center website for $279, it should get the job done.

If you’re more into Fender Telecasters than Fender Stratocasters then here’s one for $299.

Here’s a matching Strat that also costs $299 which is the same amount of money.

Since you live in Canada as opposed to the US, i’m not sure if there’s a Guitar Center in Canada. If there isn’t you could either get a passport or do whatever you need to do and cross the US Canada line into the US or you could have one of your American friends buy these for you with money that you gave to them and ship it to your house.

As far as if you want a Gibson style guitar, that’ll be more of a challenge and i won’t do it unless if you ask.

I bought my left handed 2004 MIM sunburst Fender Stratocaster for $250 and it works like a charm and i think @Beatlebug Sadie is also a MIM so maybe she could add some insight as well.

16 July 2017
7.09pm
sir walter raleigh
In our yellow (IN OUR YELLOW) submarine (SUBMARINE AHA!)
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 5789
18299sp_Permalink sp_Print

WeepingAtlasCedars said

Dark Overlord said in the Beatles News thread

I only recommend buying this guitar if you are very good on guitar. If you can’t determine how good you are at guitar try to play 25 Beatles songs in a row, making sure to play all of the lead guitar parts. If you are having trouble with even one (by trouble i don’t mean you missed a couple of notes or anything like that, i mean like really having a hard time playing the song) song, then you shouldn’t buy an expensive guitar and instead should go for a cheaper alternative. If you want to discuss that with me, move this to the Incredibly Impossible thread but anyways, if you are an excellent guitarist, then i recommend purging your college funds on expensive guitars like this one.

I know. I’m a terrible guitarist, I just really love beautiful instruments. beatlemaniacs_02_gif

Furthermore, I don’t even know if I have a college fund… a-hard-days-night-paul-10  

I disagree whole heartedly with @Dark Overlord. There is no test to see if you are good at guitar or not. Playing 20 Beatles songs in a row is impressive, but there are many styles that one can be proficient in that are outside of that. WeepyC, don’t let someone you don’t know tell you you’re not good at guitar. If you want an expensive guitar, get one! 

The following people thank sir walter raleigh for this post:

WeepingAtlasCedars, Beatlebug

"The pump don't work cause the vandals took the handles!"

-Bob Dylan, Subterranean Homesick Blues

"We could ride and surf together while our love would grow"

-Brian Wilson, Surfer Girl

16 July 2017
7.28pm
Dark Overlord
Nowhere Land
Rishikesh
Members
18300sp_Permalink sp_Print

You must’ve misread my post @sir walter raleigh what i was saying is that if you are unsure whether or not you are a good guitarist, that’s a thing that you can do to determine it, it doesn’t mean that if you can only play 5 Beatles songs that you’re a bad guitarist because there are classical and jazz guitarists, it’s just a test if you’re unsure.

Also, in the same way that i feel that right handed guitarists shouldn’t use a left handed guitar, i feel that untalented guitarists shouldn’t own expensive guitars unless if they’re very wealthy.

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2858
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5519
Newest Members:
seo mavia, adamo3, katybphoto, sleeptalker, Lovethebeatles
Moderators: Joe: 5694, meanmistermustard: 24964, Ahhh Girl: 22227, Beatlebug: 18182, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5694