Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
The "Incredibly Impossible to Derail This Thread" thread
21 March 2017
6.03pm
Starr Shine?
Waiting in the sky
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 16105
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
17601sp_Permalink sp_Print

A bigger part is knowing how to market. Why would I as a consumer want to join your site as apposed to Facebook or Twitter?

https://youtu.be/52nwiTs7bk8

Brainwashed by RadiantCowbells.

If you can't log in and can't use the forum go here and someone will help you out.

21 March 2017
6.15pm
Dark Overlord
Nowhere Land
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 4470
17602sp_Permalink sp_Print

First of all, you don’t meet new on people on Facebook whereas on Freebook, you do and also, instead of robots who automatically delete posts and ban people, you have an actual admin and mods who are human beings and can talk things out if necessary instead of immediately banning you and who can forget the Dark Side, the part of the site where you can say whatever the hell you want.

If you're reading this, you are looking for something to do.

21 March 2017
6.20pm
Starr Shine?
Waiting in the sky
Apple rooftop
Members
17603sp_Permalink sp_Print

Needs a logo.

If you can't log in and can't use the forum go here and someone will help you out.

24 March 2017
4.25pm
Shamrock Womlbs
Waiting for the van to come
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 3971
17604sp_Permalink sp_Print

I just saw this gif and liked it

The following people thank Shamrock Womlbs for this post:

Martha, SgtPeppersBulldog, The Hole Got Fixed, WeepingAtlasCedars, Dark Overlord, Dark Overlord, Beatlebug

"I Need You by George Harrison"

24 March 2017
5.56pm
SgtPeppersBulldog
Swinging London
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 3157
17605sp_Permalink sp_Print

a-hard-days-night-ringo-8Terry Gilliam is the Fifth Beatle confirmed.

"Some kind of happiness is measured out in miles... " 

2017: 

25 March 2017
12.16pm
Dark Overlord
Nowhere Land
Rishikesh
Members
17606sp_Permalink sp_Print

I think I finally found out why I am so depressed. You see, when I was younger instead of having fun and being into all of the new stuff like everyone else was, I was more interested in learning, so in 2nd grade while everyone else was watching SpongeBob and listening to the hit new songs, I was more interested in learning about stuff like old movies and TV shows and I was using Wikipedia at age 7 so I could learn. However, I think all of this learning came with the price of depression and emptiness especially considering that when you have a high intelligence you pay attention to everything and something that most people would ignore you notice and get pissed off about it and especially considering I had little to no interest in a lot of the new things that was happening during my childhood although I definitely knew about it. Since I can’t travel back in time to relive my childhood, my only option is to do what Homer Simpson did in the episode where he sticks crayons up his nose and do something to lower my intelligence so I can make myself happier.

The following people thank Dark Overlord for this post:

SgtPeppersBulldog

25 March 2017
6.53pm
Martha
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1277
17607sp_EditHistory sp_Permalink sp_Print

To me @Dark Overlord, it sounds a lot as if you are not able to appreciate yourself since you mention your intelligence makes you suffer (hit me if I misread something). I can totally sympathise, it’s much easier to hate yourself than to love yourself but you have to try it anyway all the time because you will be never able to truly appreciate your surrounding if you can’t  appreciate yourself. Meditating has been a good way for me to get rid of all the anger I had against myself. Maybe you can give it a try or find another way. Either way, I don’t know your exact situation but there are still so many years to come in your life, you’re just 18! Some even say life only really starts when you turn 18 and get independent! So, nothing is lost by now! And, by the way, I don’t think you missed anything by not watching Spongeboba-hard-days-night-george-10

The following people thank Martha for this post:

The Hole Got Fixed, SgtPeppersBulldog, WeepingAtlasCedars, Dark Overlord, Beatlebug

Not once does the diversity seem forced -- the genius of the record is how the vaudevillian "When I'm 64" seems like a logical extension of "Within You Without You" and how it provides a gateway to the chiming guitars of "Lovely Rita. - Stephen T. Erlewine on Sgt Pepper's

25 March 2017
8.37pm
WeepingAtlasCedars
Gelzelha, The Void
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 2699
17608sp_Permalink sp_Print

Have you ever heard of this book before, @Beatlebug?

silly-girl-book.png

a-hard-days-night-george-10

The following people thank WeepingAtlasCedars for this post:

William Shears Campbell, William Shears Campbell, Beatlebug, Ahhh Girl

"WeepyC came into the fray as the premier Jimmy Page fan, and will remain." - sir walter raleigh

2016 & 2017: Username-Badge.png

2020: Creative-Contribution-2020.pngFunniest-Post-2020.pngMost-Likely-to-Cheer-Somebody-Up-in-a-Bad-Mood-2020.png

25 March 2017
8.41pm
The Hole Got Fixed
A Dock at Southampton

Moderators
Forum Posts: 8410
17609sp_Permalink sp_Print

I’ve got an even better one than that (for a teenage boy, at least):
really..JPGImage Enlarger

The following people thank The Hole Got Fixed for this post:

WeepingAtlasCedars, Beatlebug

#AppleHoley2024: Make America Great For The First Time
2016 awards: Username-Badge.png 2017 awards: The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2017.png 2018 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2018.png 2019 awards: Ringo-2019.png 2020 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2020.png 2021 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2021.png
aus-flag-v-small.png

25 March 2017
8.54pm
Dark Overlord
Nowhere Land
Rishikesh
Members
17610sp_Permalink sp_Print

Martha said
To me @Dark Overlord, it sounds a lot as if you are not able to appreciate yourself since you mention your intelligence makes you suffer (hit me if I misread something). I can totally sympathise, it’s much easier to hate yourself than to love yourself but you have to try it anyway all the time because you will be never able to truly appreciate your surrounding if you can’t  appreciate yourself. Meditating has been a good way for me to get rid of all the anger I had against myself. Maybe you can give it a try or find another way. Either way, I don’t know your exact situation but there are still so many years to come in your life, you’re just 18! Some even say life only really starts when you turn 18 and get independent! So, nothing is lost by now! And, by the way, I don’t think you missed anything by not watching Spongeboba-hard-days-night-george-10  

Martha My Dear I’m afraid that although you read it right, you misunderstood the meaning. What I was trying to say is that when you’re smart you notice things that piss you off whereas if you are stupid you don’t notice them and it doesn’t bother you, have you ever heard of the phrase not a care in the world, if you’d like more information on this as well as where I got this idea, check out this. Also, I didn’t say I never watched SpongeBob as a kid, just that I preferred other things, I will consider that whole meditating thing though, maybe laying down under a heavy blanket while listening to static through headphones would help.

The following people thank Dark Overlord for this post:

Martha

25 March 2017
10.14pm
Evangeline
1334 North Beechwood Drive
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1808
17611sp_Permalink sp_Print

ahdn_paul_06 That sounds stuffy. It’d sure make someone appreciate oxygen more though.

The following people thank Evangeline for this post:

The Hole Got Fixed, WeepingAtlasCedars, Beatlebug

I am you as you are you as you are you and you are all together. 

25 March 2017
10.37pm
William Shears Campbell
Somewhere In The Black Mountain Hills Of Utah
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 3629
17612sp_Permalink sp_Print

@Dark Overlord said
I think I finally found out why I am so depressed. You see, when I was younger instead of having fun and being into all of the new stuff like everyone else was, I was more interested in learning, so in 2nd grade while everyone else was watching SpongeBob and listening to the hit new songs, I was more interested in learning about stuff like old movies and TV shows and I was using Wikipedia at age 7 so I could learn. However, I think all of this learning came with the price of depression and emptiness especially considering that when you have a high intelligence you pay attention to everything and something that most people would ignore you notice and get pissed off about it and especially considering I had little to no interest in a lot of the new things that was happening during my childhood although I definitely knew about it. Since I can’t travel back in time to relive my childhood, my only option is to do what Homer Simpson did in the episode where he sticks crayons up his nose and do something to lower my intelligence so I can make myself happier.  

I can relate to growing up and being into things that the other kids weren’t into. However for me it was less of choice and more of situation. I grew up listening to older music(the stuff I’m into now), due to my parents’ music tastes. I never really watched many of the popular kids TV shows due to FSC not wanting to spend more money on the TV bill to get cable. Also my parent’s were(and still are) teachers so I was brought up to really try in school.

As far as that Homer Simpson analogy goes, there’s a theory out there that all the Simpsons are actually smart, but all of them except Lisa gave up their smarts for happiness. I learned to not let things that bothered me bother me as much, and it tends to make life easier. It’s impossible to micromanage everything, so the more you just let go of, the less you’ll be worried and troubled. You don’t necessarily have to lower your intelligence, but just learn to ignore things that piss you off, but don’t directly affect you.

The following people thank William Shears Campbell for this post:

Martha, Beatlebug, Dark Overlord

Here | There | Everywhere

It's ya boi!  The one and only Billy Shears (AKA Paul's Replacement)

"Sometimes I wish I was just George Harrison" - John Lennon

26 March 2017
3.26pm
Dark Overlord
Nowhere Land
Rishikesh
Members
17613sp_Permalink sp_Print

I know I have spent a lot of time on this forum but I feel it is time to go, this whole new gmail and new account thing was a failed test run so I am going to delete everything and go back to being a spectator of this beautiful internet, I think everything that has happened lately has been a wake up call and I feel that I must go and carry on with my life and that this is the only way I can truly be happy. I will miss you all but I have to go and if Joe or any of the mods would like, you have my permission to terminate my accounts and turn them into guest accounts which I would like of you. That is all I have to say, farewell now.

26 March 2017
3.29pm
Starr Shine?
Waiting in the sky
Apple rooftop
Members
17614sp_Permalink sp_Print

Please don’t edit out all of your posts. You were fun, hope you have a great time.

26 March 2017
3.33pm
The Hole Got Fixed
A Dock at Southampton

Moderators
Forum Posts: 8410
17615sp_Permalink sp_Print

If that’s what will make you happy…

Good luck in life! Have fun! Maybe come back and visit us now and again?

#AppleHoley2024: Make America Great For The First Time
2016 awards: Username-Badge.png 2017 awards: The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2017.png 2018 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2018.png 2019 awards: Ringo-2019.png 2020 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2020.png 2021 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2021.png
aus-flag-v-small.png

26 March 2017
3.40pm
Necko
Earth
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 8043
17616sp_Permalink sp_Print

Starr Shine? said
Please don’t edit out all of your posts.

Yes, Joe would really prefer you not do that. Someone did that in the past and it irked him.

I'm Necko.  I'm like Ringo except I wear necklaces.

I'm also ewe2 on weekends.

Most likely to post things that make you go hmm... 2015, 2016, 2017. 

26 March 2017
4.22pm
SgtPeppersBulldog
Swinging London
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 3157
17617sp_Permalink sp_Print

gettingbetter said
I know I have spent a lot of time on this forum but I feel it is time to go, this whole new gmail and new account thing was a failed test run so I am going to delete everything and go back to being a spectator of this beautiful internet, I think everything that has happened lately has been a wake up call and I feel that I must go and carry on with my life and that this is the only way I can truly be happy. I will miss you all but I have to go and if Joe or any of the mods would like, you have my permission to terminate my accounts and turn them into guest accounts which I would like of you. That is all I have to say, farewell now. 

Nice knowing you, @Dark Overlord. Best wishes for the future. heart

"Some kind of happiness is measured out in miles... " 

2017: 

26 March 2017
9.00pm
William Shears Campbell
Somewhere In The Black Mountain Hills Of Utah
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 3629
17618sp_EditHistory sp_Permalink sp_Print

@Dark Overlord said

I hope you do come back someday. It’s always sad to see a Fourumpoolian go, but if it’s the best for you then I won’t question it.

Here | There | Everywhere

It's ya boi!  The one and only Billy Shears (AKA Paul's Replacement)

"Sometimes I wish I was just George Harrison" - John Lennon

27 March 2017
1.00am
WeepingAtlasCedars
Gelzelha, The Void
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 2699
17619sp_Permalink sp_Print

Farewell, gettingbetter! Good luck! john-lennon-salute_gifapple01

"WeepyC came into the fray as the premier Jimmy Page fan, and will remain." - sir walter raleigh

2016 & 2017: Username-Badge.png

2020: Creative-Contribution-2020.pngFunniest-Post-2020.pngMost-Likely-to-Cheer-Somebody-Up-in-a-Bad-Mood-2020.png

27 March 2017
11.57am
Dark Overlord
Nowhere Land
Rishikesh
Members
17620sp_Permalink sp_Print

Sorry for giving you guys a false impression there, I thought it over and I became more depressed without you. I did delete my Gmail and all of that though so I was considering making a new BB account (I’m definitely making a new Gmail account) which I will do unless if someone else here tells me they’ve switched emails and kept the same account.

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online: Richard
Guest(s) 1
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2858
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5518
Newest Members:
katybphoto, sleeptalker, Lovethebeatles, vtrop, nickygrangery
Moderators: Joe: 5694, meanmistermustard: 24960, Ahhh Girl: 22221, Beatlebug: 18182, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5694