Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
The "Incredibly Impossible to Derail This Thread" thread
16 October 2016
7.07pm
WeepingAtlasCedars
Gelzelha, The Void
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 2699
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
16561sp_Permalink sp_Print

@Beatlebug said
I got this advert: a-hard-days-night-john-3

awesomeadvertscreencapture.jpgImage Enlarger

It’s fabulous eye-candy. a-hard-days-night-paul-7   

So it is! a-hard-days-night-john-1 My favourites are a tie between the light blue Strat-looking one, three in from the left; the black Les Paul-type one that`s one space farther to the right of it, and the black and orange sunburst Les Paul-type one on the very end of that. a-hard-days-night-paul-7 Boy, do I love guitars! a-hard-days-night-george-9

Anyways; off-topic: I love your new avatar, SG! It suits you very well. john-lennon-salute_gif

The following people thank WeepingAtlasCedars for this post:

Beatlebug

"WeepyC came into the fray as the premier Jimmy Page fan, and will remain." - sir walter raleigh

2016 & 2017: Username-Badge.png

2020: Creative-Contribution-2020.pngFunniest-Post-2020.pngMost-Likely-to-Cheer-Somebody-Up-in-a-Bad-Mood-2020.png

16 October 2016
7.28pm
Beatlebug
Find me where ye echo lays

Moderators
Forum Posts: 18182
16562sp_Permalink sp_Print

WeepingAtlasCedars smiled 

My favourites are a tie between the light blue Strat-looking one, three in from the left; the black Les Paul-type one that`s one space farther to the right of it, and the black and orange sunburst Les Paul-type one on the very end of that. a-hard-days-night-paul-7 

I’m impressed. That’s proper guitar-geek-speak, that is! 

My favourites are the Strats, particularly the black one, which reminds me of David Gilmour’s ‘The Black Strat’. I’ve been after a white one, myself, but have yet to find one that suits my limited budget. ahdn_paul_01

Boy, do I love guitars! a-hard-days-night-george-9

So do I ahdn_george_08 They’re so worth the callouses and thousands of dollars. a-hard-days-night-paul-7 

If you love them, you should learn to play them. 

Anyways; off-topic: I love your new avatar, SG! It suits you very well. john-lennon-salute_gif  

Thanks, I think so too a-hard-days-night-george-9 

There’s no such thing as ‘off-topic’ in ‘The “Incredibly Impossible To Derail This Thread” Thread’, but I guess it would be a more suitable post in the avatar topic, so I can see why you’d use that phraseology. a-hard-days-night-paul-8

The following people thank Beatlebug for this post:

WeepingAtlasCedars

([{BRACKETS!}])
New to Forumpool? You can introduce yourself here.
If you love The Beatles Bible, and you have adblock, don't forget to white-list this site!
whiteheart.png
avatar_creative_signature_Hmm.pngStarSpangledBanner.png

16 October 2016
7.36pm
sgtpepper63
On a boat on a river with tangering trees and marmalade skies
Carnegie Hall
Guests
Forum Posts: 551
16563sp_Permalink sp_Print

Go for the blueish Strat, it looks like pre paint job Rocky, which was used on several songs, including Nowhere Man , Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds , and the Strat riff classic I Want To Tell You .

16 October 2016
8.15pm
sgtpepper63
On a boat on a river with tangering trees and marmalade skies
Carnegie Hall
Guests
Forum Posts: 551
16564sp_Permalink sp_Print

Since we’re talking about great guitars, I love Strats. My main guitar is a white on white 1969 Fender Stratocaster that I found at a yard sale in 1977 for $30. The neck pickup didn’t work, but since I only use my Strats in the treble position with all the knobs cranked to the max, I bought it anyways and I’ve been using it ever since. Before that, I was using some cheap Strat copy I got in 1973 (used it as a spare after I got the Strat until I smashed it after the bridge pickup failed while I was playing Highway To Hell). The other guitars I have owned or own are as follows:

Cheap kiddie acoustic guitar I got for Christmas of 1968 that I sold in 1976 when I got a…

1960 Epiphone FT-79 Texan that I still use

1981 Ibanez Destroyer that I bought brand new and later sold when I needed rent money

Epiphone Les Paul that I got from a yard sale that got seized when I got evicted from my house

Epiphone SG that I currently use as a backup

Also, for amps, go with Marshall, nothing better than a Strat through a Marshall. I can play anything using this combination, anything from Purple Haze to Raining Blood and everything inbetween. I used to have a Marshall tube combo I bought in 1979, but it sadly got seized when I got evicted from my house for not being able to afford rent. Currently, I use a Marshall solid state combo which all though gets the job done, there’s nothing quite like playing something like Tie Your Mother Down or Highway To Hell on a Strat through a tube Marshall. Don’t use Fender amps unless if you only plan on playing Beatles/Rolling Stones/Beach Boys .

The following people thank sgtpepper63 for this post:

Beatlebug, WeepingAtlasCedars
16 October 2016
8.15pm
WeepingAtlasCedars
Gelzelha, The Void
Rishikesh
Members
16565sp_Permalink sp_Print

Silly Girl said

WeepingAtlasCedars smiled 

My favourites are a tie between the light blue Strat-looking one, three in from the left; the black Les Paul-type one that`s one space farther to the right of it, and the black and orange sunburst Les Paul-type one on the very end of that. a-hard-days-night-paul-7

I’m impressed. That’s proper guitar-geek-speak, that is! 

My favourites are the Strats, particularly the black one, which reminds me of David Gilmour’s ‘The Black Strat’. I’ve been after a white one, myself, but have yet to find one that suits my limited budget. ahdn_paul_01

a-hard-days-night-john-1 I try my best.

I quite like Strats too; mostly the vibrantly coloured ones, though. I`m thinking that I`ll get one eventually, but I`ve got other guitars that are higher up on the wishlist. 

Boy, do I love guitars! a-hard-days-night-george-9

So do I ahdn_george_08 They’re so worth the callouses and thousands of dollars. a-hard-days-night-paul-7

If you love them, you should learn to play them. 

Very true. I`m actually learning the acoustic right now, and though I`m not too great at chords yet, I`m showing a good amount of improvement as I practice. Then after I get pretty comfortable with acoustic guitars I`m going to get an electric and work on that.a-hard-days-night-george-9Better to eat what`s already on your plate than to nab more before you even dig in! paul-mccartney-thumb_gif

Though, it`s getting quite difficult to work on it, as I`ve had a truckload of other stuff to manage lately. paul-mccartney

Thanks, I think so too a-hard-days-night-george-9

There’s no such thing as ‘off-topic’ in ‘The “Incredibly Impossible To Derail This Thread” Thread’, but I guess it would be a more suitable post in the avatar topic, so I can see why you’d use that phraseology. a-hard-days-night-paul-8

I dunno, I was thinking “off-topic” in the sense that we were caught up in the magical goodness of our favourite stringed instruments, and then I added something about your avatar. a-hard-days-night-paul-10

The following people thank WeepingAtlasCedars for this post:

Beatlebug

"WeepyC came into the fray as the premier Jimmy Page fan, and will remain." - sir walter raleigh

2020: Creative-Contribution-2020.pngFunniest-Post-2020.pngMost-Likely-to-Cheer-Somebody-Up-in-a-Bad-Mood-2020.png

16 October 2016
8.40pm
Beatlebug
Find me where ye echo lays

Moderators
Forum Posts: 18182
16566sp_Permalink sp_Print

sgtpepper63 said
The neck pickup didn’t work, but since I only use my Strats in the treble position with all the knobs cranked to the max, I bought it anyways and I’ve been using it ever since. 

Pickups are replaceable… what a deal! paul-mccartney-thumb_gif

Epiphone SG that I currently use as a backup

Who, me? ahdn_paul_02 

a-hard-days-night-george-10

SmilingAtlasCedarGuitars said

Very true. I`m actually learning the acoustic right now, and though I`m not too great at chords yet, I`m showing a good amount of improvement as I practice. Then after I get pretty comfortable with acoustic guitars I`m going to get an electric and work on that.a-hard-days-night-george-9Better to eat what`s already on your plate than to nab more before you even dig in! paul-mccartney-thumb_gif

FABGEAR ahdn_george_08

Efficient chord-ing comes with practise, just as anything else; I truly believe one can play anything if one practises, even just a few minutes a day. (Though I usually can’t stop at just a few minutes. a-hard-days-night-john-6

If you ever get discouraged, remember a certain silly girl is cheering you on from somewhere, just as she champions everyone who shows the slightest interest in guitar playing. a-hard-days-night-george-9 

I dunno, I was thinking “off-topic” in the sense that we were caught up in the magical goodness of our favourite stringed instruments, and then I added something about your avatar. a-hard-days-night-paul-10  

Ah, I see, that makes sense a-hard-days-night-john-6 

The following people thank Beatlebug for this post:

WeepingAtlasCedars

([{BRACKETS!}])
New to Forumpool? You can introduce yourself here.
If you love The Beatles Bible, and you have adblock, don't forget to white-list this site!
whiteheart.png
avatar_creative_signature_Hmm.pngStarSpangledBanner.png

16 October 2016
8.59pm
HMBeatlesfan
Kalamazoo, Seussville, USA
Candlestick Park
Guests
Forum Posts: 1115
16567sp_Permalink sp_Print

When it comes to guitars, I learned how to play guitar on my father’s sunburst 1959 Fender Stratocaster through a 1957 Fender Twin combo when I was about 6. Most of the songs he taught me were 60’s rock songs, mainly Beatles ones, although he didn’t teach me much songs though, as he wanted me to learn how to play the music myself. Both the guitar and amp still work like a charm. When I recently went to visit them, I found both the guitar and amp in the basement and played some Beatles on it. When it came to owning guitars, I got an Ibanez Destroyer in 1980.

The following people thank HMBeatlesfan for this post:

Beatlebug

Maybe you should try posting more.

16 October 2016
10.04pm
WeepingAtlasCedars
Gelzelha, The Void
Rishikesh
Members
16568sp_Permalink sp_Print

Silly Girl said

SmilingAtlasCedarGuitars said

FABGEAR ahdn_george_08

Efficient chord-ing comes with practise, just as anything else; I truly believe one can play anything if one practises, even just a few minutes a day. (Though I usually can’t stop at just a few minutes. a-hard-days-night-john-6

If you ever get discouraged, remember a certain silly girl is cheering you on from somewhere, just as she champions everyone who shows the slightest interest in guitar playing. a-hard-days-night-george-9 

D’aww, thanks SG!a-hard-days-night-george-9 I’ll be sure to fit in plenty of practice tomorrow (it’s getting a bit late around here for that kind of noise ahdn_paul_01)!

20 October 2016
11.41am
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 22223
16569sp_Permalink sp_Print

4 guys from Liverpool decided to form a band. Now I have 75 inches of music and book related to them. I’m looking through Amazon’s offerings to decide on a bookcase to house the 75 inches and have room left for the additions to come. ahdn_george_01

The following people thank Ahhh Girl for this post:

Beatlebug, WeepingAtlasCedars
20 October 2016
12.05pm
Little Piggy Dragonguy
Nowhere Land
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 4141
16570sp_Permalink sp_Print

I don’t understand. You measured the width of all your Beatles stuff and added it together? Is seventy five inches really that much? Why are you measuring your stuff? Do you think that those seventy five inches are a representation of how much you love them? Is that why? Do you only love them based off your material things? Do your material things strengthen your relationship with their music? 

All living things must abide by the laws of the shape they inhabit 

20 October 2016
12.07pm
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 12534
16571sp_Permalink sp_Print

Sounds like you’ll just need something small and unobtrusive to slip in a corner, @Ahhh Girl. May I suggest…

Should do the trick, and leave enough room for your collection to at least double.

The following people thank Ron Nasty for this post:

Ahhh Girl

"I only said we were bigger than Rod... and now there's all this!" Ron Nasty

To @ Ron Nasty it's @ mja6758
The Beatles Bible 2020 non-Canon Poll Part One: 1958-1963 and Part Two: 1964-August 1966

20 October 2016
12.35pm
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24964
16572sp_Permalink sp_Print

Little Piggy Dragonguy said
I don’t understand. You measured the width of all your Beatles stuff and added it together? Is seventy five inches really that much? Why are you measuring your stuff? Do you think that those seventy five inches are a representation of how much you love them? Is that why? Do you only love them based off your material things? Do your material things strengthen your relationship with their music?   

You don’t?!!

I’d suggest building an extension to your house @Ahhh Girl. 

Something like the below.

Image result for biggest outdoors housing building extensionsImage Enlarger

Not sure what that has to do with books tho. It just looks lovely.

The following people thank meanmistermustard for this post:

Ahhh Girl, Zig

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

20 October 2016
1.00pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
16573sp_EditHistory sp_Permalink sp_Print

Reminded of this and anyone who hasn’t seen it should. Beatles related too as the interview was in regards to the Beatles signing up with iTunes.

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

20 October 2016
1.48pm
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 22223
16574sp_Permalink sp_Print

Oh, my, I found 7 more inches of DVDs.

If I spend too much more time around you, @Ron Nasty, I will need a case that size. a-hard-days-night-george-9 My first package from England arrived today.

I hope it doesn’t come to building on an extension, mmm. But Tomorrow Never Knows . I might win big in the lottery and go all out Beatlemania collecting.

20 October 2016
2.00pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
16575sp_Permalink sp_Print

Ahhh Girl said

If I spend too much more time around you, @Ron Nasty, I will need a case that size. a-hard-days-night-george-9 My first package from England arrived today.

I hope it doesn’t come to building on an extension, mmm. But Tomorrow Never Knows . I might win big in the lottery and go all out Beatlemania collecting.  

You’re buying me that business class plane ticket first.

The following people thank meanmistermustard for this post:

Ahhh Girl

20 October 2016
2.01pm
BluemeanAl
North Carolina, USA
London Palladium
Members
Forum Posts: 163
16576sp_EditHistory sp_Permalink sp_Print

Question from one of my company’s sales reps today:

Our customer is asking if we can add an anti-microbial treatment process #9.   Is this any different from
our standard anti-microbial treatment?

My response:

I have no idea what that means. Is it a Beatles thing? Number 9, Number 9, Number 9, Number 9?

Her response:

Only you and I remember the Beatles Number 9, Number 9, Number 9, Number 9   🙂

The following people thank BluemeanAl for this post:

Shamrock Womlbs, Ahhh Girl

It's gotta be rock and roll music if you wanna dance with me

20 October 2016
2.15pm
Little Piggy Dragonguy
Nowhere Land
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 4141
16577sp_Permalink sp_Print

Ahhh Girl said

Do you feel that the amount of inches of Beatles things you have solidifies your stance as a fan of theirs?

I plan to have my whole house Beatles-themed when I’m old. I used to think it should be either pig themed or dolphin (orca) themed, but finding pig and dolphin things I like is hard, so I’ve changed my mind and have my mind set on a Beatles theme. 

All living things must abide by the laws of the shape they inhabit 

20 October 2016
2.22pm
Starr Shine?
Waiting in the sky
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 16105
16578sp_Permalink sp_Print

Will you have a pet pig?

https://youtu.be/52nwiTs7bk8

Brainwashed by RadiantCowbells.

If you can't log in and can't use the forum go here and someone will help you out.

20 October 2016
2.51pm
sir walter raleigh
In our yellow (IN OUR YELLOW) submarine (SUBMARINE AHA!)
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 5789
16579sp_Permalink sp_Print

I vote for a giant inflatable pig. 

The following people thank sir walter raleigh for this post:

Evangeline, WeepingAtlasCedars

"The pump don't work cause the vandals took the handles!"

-Bob Dylan, Subterranean Homesick Blues

"We could ride and surf together while our love would grow"

-Brian Wilson, Surfer Girl

20 October 2016
3.32pm
AppleScruffJunior
Sitting here doing nothing but procrastinating...
Apple rooftop
Reviewers

Members
Forum Posts: 7583
16580sp_Permalink sp_Print

Ahhh Girl said
4 guys from Liverpool decided to form a band. Now I have 75 inches of music and book related to them. I’m looking through Amazon’s offerings to decide on a bookcase to house the 75 inches and have room left for the additions to come. ahdn_george_01  

Oh, I think I could beat that, I’ll measure my stuff tomorrow when I have everything together.

Someone @ me tomorrow and remind to do it or else I’ll forget.

The following people thank AppleScruffJunior for this post:

Ahhh Girl

INTROVERTS UNITE! Separately....in your own homes!

Make Love, Not Wardrobes!

"Stop throwing jelly beans at me"- George Harrison

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2858
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5519
Newest Members:
katybphoto, sleeptalker, Lovethebeatles, vtrop, nickygrangery
Moderators: Joe: 5694, meanmistermustard: 24964, Ahhh Girl: 22223, Beatlebug: 18182, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5694