Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
The "Incredibly Impossible to Derail This Thread" thread
11 March 2016
6.33pm
Little Piggy Dragonguy
Nowhere Land
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 4141
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
15161sp_Permalink sp_Print

We were all waiting for you to come and start a conversation that actually has depth @Ron Nasty 

All living things must abide by the laws of the shape they inhabit 

11 March 2016
6.34pm
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 22221
15162sp_Permalink sp_Print

RN, that mod discussion has begun. At least 2 of us are totally agreeing with you. When I first became a mod, @Joe told me of the low period in the forum’s history when too many teens were using the forum as a play place. I’m hoping the inaneness will die down. I know we can have fun without *so much* drivel.

The following people thank Ahhh Girl for this post:

Joe
11 March 2016
6.34pm
Starr Shine?
Waiting in the sky
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 16105
15163sp_Permalink sp_Print

Ron Nasty said
So disappointing to look in and see the level of conversation on the forum right now. Not a single conversation I’d want to be a part of.

That happens to everyone at certain times. It happens to me whenever the listening thread and it’s other related counterparts are the main topics.

You could create new conversation that you would like or

join in some that you don’t wanna be a part of, maybe you’ll find that it isn’t as bad as it looks.

https://youtu.be/52nwiTs7bk8

Brainwashed by RadiantCowbells.

If you can't log in and can't use the forum go here and someone will help you out.

11 March 2016
6.37pm
Evangeline
1334 North Beechwood Drive
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1808
15164sp_Permalink sp_Print

Ron Nasty said
So disappointing to look in and see the level of conversation on the forum right now. Not a single conversation I’d want to be a part of.

What conversations? Oh, you mean the one happening in the “In My Life “.

I am you as you are you as you are you and you are all together. 

11 March 2016
6.41pm
Starr Shine?
Waiting in the sky
Apple rooftop
Members
15165sp_Permalink sp_Print

Ahhh Girl said
RN, that mod discussion has begun

I hope the general forum are notified about the results of the discussion before they are put in place so that there is less controversy.

If you can't log in and can't use the forum go here and someone will help you out.

11 March 2016
6.50pm
Evangeline
Candlestick Park
Members
15166sp_Permalink sp_Print

Since we all know that it’s possible to have a sensible conversation, why doesn’t someone start one? If you want to stop the “drivel”, start something pleasantly interesting to all parties. 

The following people thank Evangeline for this post:

Starr Shine?, Beatlebug, natureaker, BeatleSnut, O Boogie

11 March 2016
7.28pm
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
15167sp_Permalink sp_Print

Blasted automatic Windows updates.

AD40, I hope it doesn’t have to come to a proclamation from on high. I don’t want to squash all the fun in the forum (Give me Beatles Trivia Even Easier or give me death!), I just want to see the drivel that has started recently die down some. It is reminding me of the race to the rooftop, but more people are involved paul-mccartney

I have an idea for the future also…If anyone thinks a mod needs to intervene in a thread, make the inquiry post in this thread. That way the topical thread doesn’t have to go offcourse. What say ye?

I trust you all to start a sensible conversation. Impress me.

natureaker, Beatlebug
11 March 2016
7.32pm
Starr Shine?
Waiting in the sky
Apple rooftop
Members
15168sp_Permalink sp_Print

Ahhh Girl said

My computer doesn’t even give a warning it just updates sometimes

Ahhh Girl said

I have an idea for the future also…If anyone thinks a mod needs to intervene in a thread, make the inquiry post in this thread. That way the topical thread doesn’t have to go offcourse. What say ye?

I think that is a good idea though maybe to avoid it getting buried in this thread, maybe make a thread that’s like a Mod Signal thread to alert mods about a situation in a thread?

11 March 2016
7.36pm
natureaker
Blue Jay Way
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1477
15169sp_Permalink sp_Print

Annadog40 said

Ahhh Girl said

Ahhh Girl said

I think that is a good idea though maybe to avoid it getting buried in this thread, maybe make a thread that’s like a Mod Signal thread to alert mods about a situation in a thread?

What would an example of a certain “situation” be?

11 March 2016
7.36pm
Evangeline
Candlestick Park
Members
15170sp_EditHistory sp_Permalink sp_Print

Annadog40 said

Ahhh Girl said

Ahhh Girl said

Yes that would be less confusing. Also what would cause a mod to be signaled? You know, so I can make sure I stay on the right side of the law. 

Edit: Sorry natureaker, I didn’t see your post. 

11 March 2016
7.44pm
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
15171sp_Permalink sp_Print

Annadog40 said

Ahhh Girl said

Ahhh Girl said

That is a great thread idea. I’ll make one and pin it in the Forum Rules and Help Guides section. It would be used for when people wonder if a thread is a duplicate and needs to be merged or something like that. We can hone its use over time. First things first, before I create it can someone come up with a Beatley-kinda name for it?

RE: Auto Windows updates: Yes, I got up to get the towels out of the dryer and walked back into the living room to see the dreaded update happening and had to wait for it before I could post again. %$#@%^ keeping me from the forum. How dare it. blue-meanie

11 March 2016
7.47pm
Starr Shine?
Waiting in the sky
Apple rooftop
Members
15172sp_Permalink sp_Print

All We Need Is Mods? (? mark included)

11 March 2016
7.53pm
natureaker
Blue Jay Way
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1477
15173sp_Permalink sp_Print

Ron Nasty said

To be honest, I actually have no clue what has been happening recently (probably because when I log in I have 50 threads that are unread and some have new pages, usually up to 4-5, and I simply don’t have time to look through all that). By looking at some conversations, I’m kinda like “Meh, regular forum conversation, I think?”

11 March 2016
8.07pm
Beatlebug
Find me where ye echo lays

Moderators
Forum Posts: 18182
15174sp_Permalink sp_Print

Ahhh Girl said 

That is a great thread idea. I’ll make one and pin it in the Forum Rules and Help Guides section. It would be used for when people wonder if a thread is a duplicate and needs to be merged or something like that. We can hone its use over time. First things first, before I create it can someone come up with a Beatley-kinda name for it?

How about ‘Help ! I need somebody’? 

natureaker said

Ron Nasty said

To be honest, I actually have no clue what has been happening recently (probably because when I log in I have 50 threads that are unread and some have new pages, usually up to 4-5, and I simply don’t have time to look through all that). By looking at some conversations, I’m kinda like “Meh, regular forum conversation, I think?”

I won’t lie, some of it is pretty rubbish. I guess I’ll just shut up now since I can’t think of non-rubbish things to say. ahdn_paul_01 

The following people thank Beatlebug for this post:

natureaker

([{BRACKETS!}])
New to Forumpool? You can introduce yourself here.
If you love The Beatles Bible, and you have adblock, don't forget to white-list this site!
whiteheart.png
avatar_creative_signature_Hmm.pngStarSpangledBanner.png

11 March 2016
8.17pm
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 12534
15175sp_Permalink sp_Print

A couple of points.

We have good number of younger people on the forum. Something I rejoice in. It is good to see that The Beatles are not going to die out with us “old farts” (not that I believe I am one even though my next birthday will be my 49th). I know you’re all capable of great contributions to this forum – I’ve seen it many, many times – but it sometimes feels awkward when it feels like I’ve stumbled into a teenage girls sleepover.

@Ahhh Girl, I do not personally feel such a thread would be a good idea. I certainly wouldn’t use it if I felt a thread was going wrong. It would mean publicly calling out forum members on the forum, as those involved in such a situation would know who they were, and they would know who was complaining about it, and could cause resentments and divides to grow up on the forum.

Far better, in my opinion, that if someone feels a mod needs to intervene in a thread, that a PM is sent to a mod or all the mods on the subject.

The following people thank Ron Nasty for this post:

ewe2, pepperland

"I only said we were bigger than Rod... and now there's all this!" Ron Nasty

To @ Ron Nasty it's @ mja6758
The Beatles Bible 2020 non-Canon Poll Part One: 1958-1963 and Part Two: 1964-August 1966

11 March 2016
8.22pm
ewe2
Inside the beat
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 3025
15176sp_Permalink sp_Print

Ron Nasty said
Far better, in my opinion, that if someone feels a mod needs to intervene in a thread, that a PM is sent to a mod or all the mods on the subject.

Seconded.

I'm like Necko only I'm a bassist ukulele guitar synthesizer kazoo penguin and also everyone. Or is everyone me? Now I'm a confused bassist ukulele guitar synthesizer kazoo penguin everyone who is definitely not @Joe.  This has been true for 2016 & 2017 Sig-Badge.png but I may have to get more specific in the future.

aus-flag-v-small.png

11 March 2016
8.26pm
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
15177sp_Permalink sp_Print

The kinds of things I’m thinking about are the kinds of conversations that are already going on like when someone starts a thread and someone pipes up and says, “Don’t we already have a thread like this?” Or like the conversation in the cutie-pie Ringo thread tonight. The off-topic conversation was already going on. I think it would be better for those conversations to happen outside of the “topic” thread. It will make the “topic thread” more enjoyable and readable for people in the future.

If someone is causing trouble, of course I would want the upset forumpudian to PM the mods instead of dumping on someone out in the open forum.

Thoughts? More discussion please.

11 March 2016
9.10pm
ewe2
Inside the beat
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 3025
15178sp_Permalink sp_Print

Ahhh Girl said

The kinds of things I’m thinking about are the kinds of conversations that are already going on like when someone starts a thread and someone pipes up and says, “Don’t we already have a thread like this?” Or like the conversation in the cutie-pie Ringo thread tonight. The off-topic conversation was already going on. I think it would be better for those conversations to happen outside of the “topic” thread. It will make the “topic thread” more enjoyable and readable for people in the future.

Ahhh I see, a help thread, not a gripe thread, I get you now. Thread title: Mother Superior Jumped The Thread.

The following people thank ewe2 for this post:

Starr Shine?, Ahhh Girl, Little Piggy Dragonguy, Beatlebug, BeatleSnut, Merch, natureaker

I'm like Necko only I'm a bassist ukulele guitar synthesizer kazoo penguin and also everyone. Or is everyone me? Now I'm a confused bassist ukulele guitar synthesizer kazoo penguin everyone who is definitely not @Joe.  This has been true for 2016 & 2017 Sig-Badge.png but I may have to get more specific in the future.

aus-flag-v-small.png

11 March 2016
9.12pm
Starr Shine?
Waiting in the sky
Apple rooftop
Members
15179sp_Permalink sp_Print

ewe2 said

Ahhh Girl said

Ahhh I see, a help thread, not a gripe thread, I get you now. Thread title: Mother Superior Jumped The Thread.

I vote for that name.

The following people thank Starr Shine? for this post:

Little Piggy Dragonguy

11 March 2016
9.20pm
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
15180sp_Permalink sp_Print

Hahahahahahahaha…ha.

Love it, @ewe2!

I’ll start the thread tomorrow when my brain is more fully awake. Hopefully no one jumps the gun tonight.

ewe2
Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2856
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5516
Newest Members:
nickygrangery, pmolsen, thebeatlesshow, Boy Im Gonna Carry That Weight, Something
Moderators: Joe: 5692, meanmistermustard: 24959, Ahhh Girl: 22221, Beatlebug: 18182, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5692