Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
The "Incredibly Impossible to Derail This Thread" thread
25 June 2015
10.04pm
HongKongLady
Oz
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1640
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
13101sp_Permalink sp_Print

How are you today @Necko still have problems with the sleep? 

25 June 2015
10.16pm
Necko
Earth
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 8043
13102sp_Permalink sp_Print

I’m alright.  I still have problems with sleep, yes.

The following people thank Necko for this post:

HongKongLady

I'm Necko.  I'm like Ringo except I wear necklaces.

I'm also ewe2 on weekends.

Most likely to post things that make you go hmm... 2015, 2016, 2017. 

26 June 2015
8.02am
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 22213
13103sp_Permalink sp_Print

meanmistermustard said

Ahhh Girl said
I just saw this on the internet…

Paul McCartney , who was once in a small garage band called The Beatles, …”

I see that the term has been used on the forum before saying that The Beatles weren’t just a garage band. https://www.beatlesbible.com/f…..-2/#p45895

That thread linked to sure brings back memories.

I do like my reply at post #18 (a rare moment of self-indulgence i am having as i type and post this post not the one i’m referring to).

I remember reading that thread. It made me feel sick.

mmm, would you have said anything differently in that thread if you had been a mod at that time?

26 June 2015
8.31am
Starr Shine?
Waiting in the sky
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 16105
13104sp_Permalink sp_Print

ahdn_paul_06 Why would being a mod affect anything?

https://youtu.be/52nwiTs7bk8

Brainwashed by RadiantCowbells.

If you can't log in and can't use the forum go here and someone will help you out.

26 June 2015
8.44am
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
13105sp_Permalink sp_Print

You might not feel as free to be snarky because what you say reflects on “the boss” ahdn_george_01 who picked you to help him watch over the forum and its members.

26 June 2015
9.11am
Beatlebug
Find me where ye echo lays

Moderators
Forum Posts: 18181
13106sp_Permalink sp_Print

Annadog40 said
I keep highs and lows to myself.

So I’ve noticed. 

([{BRACKETS!}])
New to Forumpool? You can introduce yourself here.
If you love The Beatles Bible, and you have adblock, don't forget to white-list this site!
whiteheart.png
avatar_creative_signature_Hmm.pngStarSpangledBanner.png

26 June 2015
11.58am
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24950
13107sp_Permalink sp_Print

Ahhh Girl said

meanmistermustard said

Ahhh Girl said
I just saw this on the internet…

Paul McCartney , who was once in a small garage band called The Beatles, …”

I see that the term has been used on the forum before saying that The Beatles weren’t just a garage band. https://www.beatlesbible.com/f…..-2/#p45895

That thread linked to sure brings back memories.

I do like my reply at post #18 (a rare moment of self-indulgence i am having as i type and post this post not the one i’m referring to).

I remember reading that thread. It made me feel sick.

mmm, would you have said anything differently in that thread if you had been a mod at that time?

Yes because how you react and interact with people has to be different when a mod, at least in my opinion, as it reflects back on the forum, other mods and Joe. With much power comes much responsibility so i think you have to be mindful how your behaviour, comments and actions are taken.

I would like to think that i am less rash and outspoken to people now I am a mod – whether that is true and accurate is another matter.

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

26 June 2015
4.04pm
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
13108sp_Permalink sp_Print

Zig said

mmm’s point about the evolution of The Beatles is something I’ve always found fascinating. Most bands start out playing music THEY want to play and end up selling out, or pandering in the interest of commercial gains. That is where those bands end up losing me as a fan – see my rant for only three of many examples. The Beatles (I am not the first person to say this) actually sold out first to become famous, and then started playing music THEY wanted to play.

Question. Didn’t The Beatles like playing the music they played starting out? They were playing their beloved rock-n-roll in Hamburg and Liverpool. To become famous, did they change their music or just their clothes?

26 June 2015
9.50pm
trcanberra
Oz
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 6064
13109sp_Permalink sp_Print

It’s not often I pass on anything I see on FB but I loved this one:

murder.pngImage Enlarger

The following people thank trcanberra for this post:

Starr Shine?, Beatlebug, Zig, Wigwam, Necko

==> trcanberra and hongkonglady - Together even when not (married for those not in the know!) <==

27 June 2015
9.04am
Beatlebug
Find me where ye echo lays

Moderators
Forum Posts: 18181
13110sp_EditHistory sp_Permalink sp_Print

@Ahhh Girl said

Zig said

mmm’s point about the evolution of The Beatles is something I’ve always found fascinating. Most bands start out playing music THEY want to play and end up selling out, or pandering in the interest of commercial gains. That is where those bands end up losing me as a fan – see my rant for only three of many examples. The Beatles (I am not the first person to say this) actually sold out first to become famous, and then started playing music THEY wanted to play.

Question. Didn’t The Beatles like playing the music they played starting out? They were playing their beloved rock-n-roll in Hamburg and Liverpool. To become famous, did they change their music or just their clothes?

I think they always did keep a certain consciousness of what the public liked– it just happened that they liked it too. 

Later, they got more into the mindset of ‘anything we do, they’ll buy’– and to be fair, it was pretty much true… a-hard-days-night-paul-8

EDIT: I just realised that rhymed… 

The following people thank Beatlebug for this post:

Ahhh Girl

([{BRACKETS!}])
New to Forumpool? You can introduce yourself here.
If you love The Beatles Bible, and you have adblock, don't forget to white-list this site!
whiteheart.png
avatar_creative_signature_Hmm.pngStarSpangledBanner.png

27 June 2015
11.28am
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24950
13111sp_Permalink sp_Print

It was also the mindset of we’re doing this, if some fans dont like it then tough and fair enough, what we’re doing will gain others. It wasn’t a matter of taking the fanbase for granted, more not letting the fanbase dictate what they could and would do in the studio and then release.

A lot of bands get stuck in a certain spot out of fear of alienating their original fans and it was something the Beatles had to push thru – and thankfully did. There is even footage of some of the early day fans moaning on camera that the Beatles changed from being their (that is those fans) act that played in front of 300 a night, eating sandwiches and shouting at the audience. 

All four of the Beatles were determined that they wouldn’t be playing ‘She Loves You ‘ on stage when they were 30 years old and that their music had to evolve. And thank god it did.

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

27 June 2015
11.52am
Starr Shine?
Waiting in the sky
Apple rooftop
Members
13112sp_Permalink sp_Print

This is the everything but the Beatles section of the forum! IT’S A BEATLES INVASION beatlemaniacs_02_gif!

The following people thank Starr Shine? for this post:

Beatlebug

If you can't log in and can't use the forum go here and someone will help you out.

27 June 2015
2.38pm
Zig
The Toppermost of the Poppermost
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 9832
13113sp_EditHistory sp_Permalink sp_Print

Annadog40 said
ahdn_paul_06 Why would being a mod affect anything?

Ahhh Girl said
You might not feel as free to be snarky because what you say reflects on “the boss” who picked you to help him watch over the forum and its members.

meanmistermustard said

Yes because how you react and interact with people has to be different when a mod, at least in my opinion, as it reflects back on the forum, other mods and Joe. 

Anna asked a legitimate question.

To me, being a Mod should not make one bit of difference. Joe knew who I was long before he asked me to help mind the store. I don’t consider myself snarky, but as many folk would attest, I have no problem speaking my mind. That does not, in any way, mean that my esteemed colleagues are wrong in their approaches. Many things we discuss behind the scenes via email are done so successfully due to our differing viewpoints. If we were all the same, it would be incredibly boring. I think the dynamic we four have works wonderfully and wouldn’t trade it for anything.  

Ahhh Girl said

Zig said

John Lennon ; “As soon as we made it, we made it, but the edges were knocked off. You know, Brian put us in suits and all that, and we made it very, very big. But we sold out, you know. The music was dead before we even went on the theater tour of Britain. We were feeling shit already, because we had to reduce an hour or two hours’ playing, which we were glad about in one way, to twenty minutes, and we would go on and repeat the same twenty minutes every night. The Beatles’ music died then, as musicians. That’s why we never improved as musicians; we killed ourselves then to make it. And that was the end of it.”

Let me be clear, I am very happy they recorded the stuff they did in the early years. On the plus side, that type of music excited me when I was listening to my dad’s Buddy Holly and Eddie Cochran along with mom’s pre-army Elvis and Fats Domino. The Beatles loved it too. On the down side, by time they hit it really big, that music was nearly a decade old and they had been playing it for years in Liverpool dives, Hamburg clubs and in theaters all over the UK. At some point, they had to be bored with it. 

Selfishly, I am happy with the fact that they sold out (not a derogatory term in this case) and recorded the early stuff. I am also happy that they evolved while pushing and being pushed by other bands. 

The following people thank Zig for this post:

Ahhh Girl

To the fountain of perpetual mirth, let it roll for all its worth. And all the children boogie.

27 June 2015
2.57pm
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
13114sp_EditHistory sp_Permalink sp_Print

I’m not unkind very often, but I have edited a post or two to tone down my original reactions to some people. Hopefully, I edited them soon enough that the poster I was replying to didn’t see my remarks. For example, one time I wrote something like this “I feel sorry for you if all you care about regarding people is if they can tell you the price of this object.” Yeah, I edited that one. ahdn_paul_02

Thanks for the clarification and the quote from John about the idea of The Beatles selling out, @Zig. It makes a little more sense now. I still need to get my head wrapped around the concept fully.

The following people thank Ahhh Girl for this post:

trcanberra
27 June 2015
3.40pm
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 12534
13115sp_Permalink sp_Print

@Ahhh Girl said
I’m not unkind very often, but I have edited a post or two to tone down my original reactions to some people. Hopefully, I edited them soon enough that the poster I was replying to didn’t see my remarks. For example, one time I something like this “I feel sorry for you if all you care about regarding people is if they can tell you the price of this object.” Yeah, I edited that one. ahdn_paul_02

She’s not like that in real life, as I’m sure anyone here who’s met her (and there’s a few of us) will freely confirm. She doesn’t edit a thing. She can fill hours with hate-filled foul-mouthed rants of bile and rage.

She often reminds of a psychotic taxi driver when she talks.

And she’s 6 foot 4 inches and covered in tattoos.

That nice lady who appears in pictures of Ahhh Girl, that’s her stunt double.

Nope, she’s not at all the type to edit things to spare someone’s feelings in real life…

The following people thank Ron Nasty for this post:

Zig, vonbontee

"I only said we were bigger than Rod... and now there's all this!" Ron Nasty

To @ Ron Nasty it's @ mja6758
The Beatles Bible 2020 non-Canon Poll Part One: 1958-1963 and Part Two: 1964-August 1966

27 June 2015
4.03pm
Zig
The Toppermost of the Poppermost
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 9832
13116sp_Permalink sp_Print

ahdn_paul_06Now THAT’s funny.

To the fountain of perpetual mirth, let it roll for all its worth. And all the children boogie.

27 June 2015
4.05pm
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
13117sp_Permalink sp_Print

Ron Nasty said

Ahhh Girl said
I’m not unkind very often, but I have edited a post or two to tone down my original reactions to some people. Hopefully, I edited them soon enough that the poster I was replying to didn’t see my remarks. For example, one time I something like this “I feel sorry for you if all you care about regarding people is if they can tell you the price of this object.” Yeah, I edited that one. ahdn_paul_02

She’s not like that in real life, as I’m sure anyone here who’s met her (and there’s a few of us) will freely confirm. She doesn’t edit a thing. She can fill hours with hate-filled foul-mouthed rants of bile and rage.

She often reminds of a psychotic taxi driver when she talks.

And she’s 6 foot 4 inches and covered in tattoos.

That nice lady who appears in pictures of Ahhh Girl, that’s her stunt double.

Nope, she’s not at all the type to edit things to spare someone’s feelings in real life…

LOL.

The following people thank Ahhh Girl for this post:

trcanberra
27 June 2015
6.46pm
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
13118sp_Permalink sp_Print

England 2, Canada 0 less than twenty minutes gone

The Beatles Bible 2020 non-Canon Poll Part One: 1958-1963 and Part Two: 1964-August 1966

27 June 2015
6.51pm
Starr Shine?
Waiting in the sky
Apple rooftop
Members
13119sp_Permalink sp_Print

Ron Nasty said

In what? Are Canada and England in a war of the worlds or something?

27 June 2015
6.58pm
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
13120sp_Permalink sp_Print

Annadog40 said

Ron Nasty said

In what? Are Canada and England in a war of the worlds or something?

Women’s 2015 FIFA Football (Soccer) World Cup Finals Quarter-Final in Canada!

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2859
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5510
Newest Members:
frankc, viv@nelsontraining.co.uk, bornhairyman, frankkilmore123@gmail.com, onlyanorthernsong
Moderators: Joe: 5691, meanmistermustard: 24950, Ahhh Girl: 22213, Beatlebug: 18181, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5691