Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
The "Incredibly Impossible to Derail This Thread" thread
26 July 2014
10.23pm
Mr. Kite
910 Penny Lane, Strawberry Fields, Pepperland
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 6147
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
8621sp_Permalink sp_Print

@Linde, ScrambledEggs?

@MrMoonlight Come back soon!

If I spoke prose you'd all find out, I don't know what I talk about.

Can buy Joe love!
If you're shopping at one of these two websites use the links below to support the Beatles Bible:

Amazon | iTunes

26 July 2014
10.25pm
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 22240
sp_UserOnlineSmall Online

YOU! Can’t wait for your report, @Linde!

The rep on the phone said it might be a result of another problem the size of the Target thing that happened not too long ago.

26 July 2014
10.32pm
MrMoonlight
Alone in the clouds all blue...
Shea Stadium
Members
Forum Posts: 832
8623sp_Permalink sp_Print

Mr. Kite said
@Linde, ScrambledEggs?

@MrMoonlight Come back soon!

I hope I can, I really do. But I don’t know when I’ll feel like I did the past week again.

26 July 2014
10.51pm
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24964

@MrMoonlight_1, we cant keep you here but there were always going to be very testing times moving on from all you have been thru, you just have to carry on thru regardless of how you feel.

I’m not that clued up with whats been going on here over the last 5 days but if you feel you have to leave due to something that happened here please PM a mod as that is what we are here for, its not just making folk run after threads we move about and annoying them. And if you want/need to blow off some steam or unload your mind about anything dont feel you cant PM someone here or that you’d be bugging us – a friendly ear is never further than a PM away.

Whatever the reason take care of yourself and you will be much missed if you do take a break. heart At least check in occasionally and let us know you are ok.heart 

The following people thank meanmistermustard for this post:

MrMoonlight, Mr. Kite

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

26 July 2014
11.02pm
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
8625sp_Permalink sp_Print

@MrMoonlight, I remember when you joined. I had only been a mod for a short time. Some suspicious stuff was happening at that time on the forum that I was sorting out. I put your first post under moderation until I had everything figured out. I was so hoping I had not driven you away. I didn’t at at that time. Yay!

I hope you have enjoyed your time here enough that if you do take some time off, you will remember the fun times and fun people here and will return when you are ready. And I second mmm. Let me know if you need to talk some things out.

The following people thank Ahhh Girl for this post:

Mr. Kite, Joe
27 July 2014
12.19am
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
8626sp_Permalink sp_Print

@mr.moonlight, important to add that the offer of an open ear to talk to is not time or BB active dependant, the door never closes be it a day, a week, a month, year or decade so dont go thinking you cant send a PM because you havent posted for a while. And its the same for anyone on here.

The following people thank meanmistermustard for this post:

Starr Shine?, Mr. Kite, Joe

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

27 July 2014
11.10am
Beatleva
In my life
Hollywood Bowl
Members
Forum Posts: 672
8627sp_Permalink sp_Print

Of course I miss all of this because the forum is most active when I’m sleeping. So here goes:

@Ahhh Girl, that does suck, my dad had the same once…

@meanmistermustard, congratulations!

@Linde, tell us everything!

@MrMoonlight, basically what everyone else said, I hope you sort things out and that you return (quickly!). Feel free to PM. I hope you will still continue making great music and great covers. :-) Good luck!

27 July 2014
1.06pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
8628sp_Permalink sp_Print

All the best @Linde, hopefully its better than the last one you told us about.

27 July 2014
2.08pm
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers

This thread started on 10 November 2010.

It grew to 216 pages in 33 months — by 20 August 2013 when I joined.

I made my first post in this thread on page 218 on 2 September 2013. This thread has doubled in size since I joined. Lots of words have been typed here. You have all been very entertaining.

The following people thank Ahhh Girl for this post:

Bulldog, Mr. Kite
27 July 2014
2.46pm
Zig
The Toppermost of the Poppermost
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 9832
8630sp_Permalink sp_Print

Another Beatles fan has been born! Congrats to you and your family @meanmistermustard .

@Ahhh Girl I’m glad you enjoy this thread. Never in my wildest thoughts did I see it growing to the proportions it has. Good luck with that credit card fiasco. Sounds like it could have been a lot worse.

@Linde Have fun – your date is lucky to have a chance to get to know you better!

@MrMoonlight Take care – hope you can sort things out and move on. Life is too short to have it filled with drama. We’ll keep a light burning for you on the front porch of Beatles Bible House.

To the fountain of perpetual mirth, let it roll for all its worth. And all the children boogie.

27 July 2014
6.12pm
Linde
The Netherlands
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 2781
8631sp_Permalink sp_Print

So that was that.

I went to pick him up at 3 at the station, and I saw just one guy stepping out of the train, but he went the other way. For a moment I thought ”Shit, he won’t show up.” But I saw the one guy looking around a bit lost, so I texted my date and asked him what he was wearing. When I sent that I saw the guy looking at his phone, he then looked up and I was pretty sure that was him, so I waved. And sure enough, it was him. He looked pretty good, with a cute face. Was very chatty, which is good since I’m often lost for words. We went for a drink at a bar and sat outside by the water. The conversation was mainly about music, with a large part being Beatles related. There weren’t many moments of silence. Then at one point I looked over the water, a bit behind me, and there they were, my mom and my sister, sitting on a bench, spying on us. Great. Anyway, it didn’t really bother us. Chatted a bit more, and then it was time for him to leave again. He said he had a great time, and already had plans made for next dates and asked when we could meet again. I was a bit overwhelmed so I just said I had to think about it. We then hugged (I don’t do kissing on first dates) and there he went. 10 minutes later he texted me saying he wanted to thank me for a great afternoon and told me to say hi to my mom, lol. So there will be a second date. Already looking forward to it. It would be great if this would work out well.

The following people thank Linde for this post:

Starr Shine?, Mr. Kite, trcanberra, ScrambledEggs, Joe
27 July 2014
6.16pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
8632sp_Permalink sp_Print

Good to hear your date went well @Linde, especially with the two spies watching on.a-hard-days-night-paul-3 Here’s hoping the second is better than the first.

27 July 2014
7.26pm
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
8633sp_Permalink sp_Print

How wonderful, @Linde! Congrats!

Image Enlarger

27 July 2014
7.55pm
Beatleva
In my life
Hollywood Bowl
Members
Forum Posts: 672
8634sp_Permalink sp_Print

That’s great @Linde!!!

The part where your mom and and your sister were spying a-hard-days-night-john-3on you made me laugh out loud. That’s so funny!

Hope the second date will be even more fun!

27 July 2014
8.02pm
Starr Shine?
Waiting in the sky
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 16105
8635sp_Permalink sp_Print

Congrats on winning the date @Linde hope your next date is a good one!

https://youtu.be/52nwiTs7bk8

Brainwashed by RadiantCowbells.

If you can't log in and can't use the forum go here and someone will help you out.

27 July 2014
8.52pm
Zig
The Toppermost of the Poppermost
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 9832
8636sp_Permalink sp_Print

a-hard-days-night-ringo-8What they said.

The following people thank Zig for this post:

Mr. Kite

To the fountain of perpetual mirth, let it roll for all its worth. And all the children boogie.

27 July 2014
10.31pm
Mimi
Left of greenland
Ed Sullivan Show
Members
Forum Posts: 480

@Linde glad to hear it went wellahdn_george_06 be sure to tell us everything about the second datea-hard-days-night-ringo-15

We were just trying to write songs about prostitutes and lesbians

27 July 2014
11.21pm
Starr Shine?
Waiting in the sky
Apple rooftop
Members
8638sp_Permalink sp_Print

I have been thinking about the letter C and the letter seems reduntunt since it either sounds like a K or Sea. Does C have anything that is not redundant? 

If you can't log in and can't use the forum go here and someone will help you out.

27 July 2014
11.26pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators

If only for Cookie Monster’s song. “C is for cookie, thats good enough for me. Cookie. Cookie. Cookie starts with C.”.a-hard-days-night-john-1

27 July 2014
11.36pm
Starr Shine?
Waiting in the sky
Apple rooftop
Members
8640sp_Permalink sp_Print

^ does that sound any diffrent without a C? “Sea is for Kookie, that’s good enough for me, Kookie. Kookie. Kookie starts with sea.”

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online: Ahhh Girl
Guest(s) 1
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2859
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5520
Newest Members:
NJtoTX, seo mavia, adamo3, katybphoto, sleeptalker
Moderators: Joe: 5694, meanmistermustard: 24964, Ahhh Girl: 22238, Beatlebug: 18182, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5694