Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
The "Incredibly Impossible to Derail This Thread" thread
2 June 2014
5.00pm
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 22213
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
7501sp_Permalink sp_Print

meanmistermustard said

Must have been nice coming back from Italy to get the news.

parabens_em_cartoes_em_presentes_da_promocao-r621a828aee3043c9978759c8a5d83ff8_xvuak_8byvr_512.jpgImage Enlarger

What do we get for our efforts that we can trade in and use for material goods?

I’ll Get You some more fruit so you can try to make that jam again.

2 June 2014
5.03pm
parlance
Slaggers
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 7111
7502sp_Permalink sp_Print

Ahhh Girl said

https://www.beatlesbible.com/f…..80/#p96260

My promotion went through.

Thank you heart apple01heartapple01to all of you who encouraged me while I was preparing my portfolio.

https://www.beatlesbible.com/f…..30/#p85039

WHOO-HOO!! And I get to congratulate you in person tomorrow! heart

parlance

The following people thank parlance for this post:

Ahhh Girl, trcanberra

Beware of sadness. It can hit you. It can hurt you. Make you sore and what is more, that is not what you are here for. - George

Check out my fan video for Paul's song "Appreciate" at Vimeo or YouTube.

2 June 2014
6.25pm
Zig
The Toppermost of the Poppermost
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 9832
7503sp_Permalink sp_Print

MBEImage Enlarger

Captions
George: “Why are we smiling and posing this time?”
Paul: “We got our MBE’s.”
John: “That’s nothing – Ahhh Girl got promoted!”
Ringo: “Oh dear – is she still bringing some cake to my show next month?”

Well done, my friend.
apple01apple01apple01

The following people thank Zig for this post:

Ahhh Girl

To the fountain of perpetual mirth, let it roll for all its worth. And all the children boogie.

2 June 2014
6.29pm
AppleScruffJunior
Sitting here doing nothing but procrastinating...
Apple rooftop
Reviewers

Members
Forum Posts: 7583
7504sp_Permalink sp_Print

DID SOMEONE SAY CAKE?!?

INTROVERTS UNITE! Separately....in your own homes!

Make Love, Not Wardrobes!

"Stop throwing jelly beans at me"- George Harrison

2 June 2014
6.33pm
Starr Shine?
Waiting in the sky
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 16105
7505sp_Permalink sp_Print

AppleScruffJunior said
DID SOMEONE SAY CAKE?!?

Image Enlarger

https://youtu.be/52nwiTs7bk8

Brainwashed by RadiantCowbells.

If you can't log in and can't use the forum go here and someone will help you out.

2 June 2014
7.19pm
AppleScruffJunior
Apple rooftop
Reviewers

Members

Ok here it is the ever-requested:

Hollister Story

To understand this story, you have to know why I hate going to Irish college in the Gaeltacht (an area where the majority of people, speak Irish)

1. I always go alone, I might know people/I might not know people when I first get there. 

2. This is my 7th time going there, going to a place for 3 weeks every year for 7 years gets quite tedious.

3. English is the devil’s tongue there-literally. You say one word of English, you are kicked out. Goodbye, adios! That is €850 down the drain. This isn’t that bad but you are not allowed to: Read English books, watch English television (actually television full-stop), listen to music. 

4. In those 21 days, you get to see your family twice- which isn’t exactly beneficial for people who get homesick.

5. You are forced to do everything, even if you have no talent/interest in it whatsoever that includes sports, singing.

6. Catholic mass is compulsory, unless your parents state “no” specifically. You could be the greatest atheist in the world but yet you will be sent to sing praises to God every Sunday.

7. You have no private time to yourself- I like to read by myself everyday but if you even try and sit by yourself/lie down in your bed. You’ll be asked “Oh what’s wrong with you? Come talk with us!”. I don’t want to talk to you, I WANT TO READ!

8. You are in a room with at least 2 other girls/boys (depending on your gender), once again no personal space.

9. Number 9, number 9, number 9…

10. A lot of teens who go there are rich Dublin private school kids and some of them (not all but some) boast about their wealth which leads me to:

The Actual Hollister Story

I was 14 years old, it was my 5th time going to Irish college and I was more-or-less fluent so could communicate no problem. As I said above I always go by myself, which is quite strange as the majority of people bring at least 1 friend with them. I was put in a house with about 10 other girls on the first day “Fine” I thought to myself, “this should be grand, they all seem sound”.

How little did I know.

All  of these girls lived in Dublin and all of these girls knew each other. I tried to talk to them but they always used to huddle into their groups and leave me out. It got so bad that I used to spend my afternoons and evenings just silent, not saying anything just staring into space, wishing for the bloody thing to be over. I had never been so lonely. Then it got worse.

I come from a small town in the west of Ireland, my father is a serviceman my mother is a housewife i.e. we ain’t reeling in money. These girls were all attending €10,000 a year private schools in Dublin and they all turned up their nose at me for going to a public school. By this point I was getting pissed off, I wasn’t going to be a 2nd class citizen to them but I always want to be friends with people so I never reported them for being pricks to me. 

As I said before, I live in a small town therefore I wear generic, non-designed/branded clothes. These girls actually had the indecency to ask me “Why didn’t I wear Hollister/Abercrombie and Fitch clothes?”*. I was raging! They tried to belittle me for not looking like the orange fake-tan tarts that they were! Alas they won I just shrugged, feeling indignant to them. 

This didn’t only happen with the girls in my house, the leaders (ceannairí) were being pricks to me as well. My paranoia probably aided this but I all felt they were laughing about me behind my back, the way I looked, my hair**, everything. They never reduced me to tears but God I hated every second there!

In the college-where I attended class, sport, dances etc. I had no friends. Everyone seemed to know each other on that course leading me to be left alone because no wanted to talk to me. I used to sit by myself in the hall when everyone else would be in groups chatting happily and no one would care! It just felt horrible and depressing, the only people who I got on with were the teachers :/ 

All though this is possibly one of the worst periods of my life, purely because of how alone I felt- it has taught me a lesson. I never leave anyone out of anything! If I see a girl/lad by themselves I’ll go up to them and say “how are ya? Where are you from?” blah blah blah. As a leader now, I know what it feels like to be alone and not know how to speak Irish (as I was when I was 10). I’m a very compassionate person and I know when people just want to be alone and when they are lonely. Sometimes people want to be alone but no one ever wants to be lonely. There is a phrase in Irish “It’s better to be in a argument than to be alone”

But good news has arisen- I have never seen any of them bitches ever again and I hope that it remains that way :)

*For some reason Hollister/A&R clothes are worn by a lot of teenagers, even though the prices are outrageous. A normal t-shirt €10, a t-shirt with a Hollister logo €60. The majority of people wear Hollister/A&R clothing (particularly tracksuits for reasons unknown), now mostly everyone is lovely but you always get the couple of pricks who think just because they can afford “designer” gear that they are a bit better than everyone else! 

** My hair (as the majority of ye know) is quite curly, very Shirley Temple-like. Now this is completely out-of-fashion for modern-day Irish teenagers as completely burnt sorry flattened hair by hair straighteners (it is always GHDs, I do not know why it just is) is the way all the cool-kids are rocking their hair these days. For any of my curly haired brethren out there, you know that if you brush your hair that it goes into a massive Afro (which I do not want) hence I always brush my hair when it’s wet i.e. it won’t turn into Billy Preston style. In the college you get a shower every 2-3 days (I know, I know) so my hair often doesn’t get brushed on the days I’m forced to not have a shower. I have been made fun of a lot because of my hair purely because of how different it is to every.other.girls (I don’t want to be the same as everyone else, why would I???) A lot of people who I meet say I have lovely hair but you always have the gobshites who make fun of me because of my hair. It pisses me off ahdn_george_05

I think this is the longest post I have ever done on this site and I don’t even have a 1/4 of what I happened to me during that 3 week course mentioned. Anyway, everyone cross your fingers that I get a nice house this year.

Also the last 2 courses, I’ve been on have been great so it’s not always doom and gloom :)

2 June 2014
7.35pm
Starr Shine?
Waiting in the sky
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 16105
7507sp_Permalink sp_Print

ahdn_paul_06 That is why I always call the store Abercruddy and Filth

The following people thank Starr Shine? for this post:

Bulldog

https://youtu.be/52nwiTs7bk8

Brainwashed by RadiantCowbells.

If you can't log in and can't use the forum go here and someone will help you out.

2 June 2014
8.10pm
Zig
The Toppermost of the Poppermost
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 9832
7508sp_Permalink sp_Print

AppleScruffJunior said

Anyway, everyone cross your fingers that I get a nice house this year.

fingers crossedImage Enlarger

To the fountain of perpetual mirth, let it roll for all its worth. And all the children boogie.

2 June 2014
8.52pm
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
7509sp_Permalink sp_Print

Zig, tell Ringo not to worry. His cake is still a go.

ASJ, I wish this for you. Of course, George posters decorate every room.
Image Enlarger

2 June 2014
9.02pm
AppleScruffJunior
Apple rooftop
Reviewers

Members
7510sp_Permalink sp_Print

Thanks lads :)

Ahhh Girl said
Zig, tell Ringo not to worry. His cake is still a go.

ASJ, I wish this for you. Of course, George posters decorate every room.
Image Enlarger

Cheers! :D

2 June 2014
9.30pm
trcanberra
Oz
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 6064
7511sp_Permalink sp_Print

Ahhh Girl said

https://www.beatlesbible.com/f…..80/#p96260

My promotion went through.

Thank you heart apple01heartapple01to all of you who encouraged me while I was preparing my portfolio.

https://www.beatlesbible.com/f…..30/#p85039

Man – that is SUCH great news to start the day with!!!!

Really, really happy to hear about it – well done :)

The following people thank trcanberra for this post:

Ahhh Girl

==> trcanberra and hongkonglady - Together even when not (married for those not in the know!) <==

2 June 2014
9.34pm
Linde
The Netherlands
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 2781
7512sp_Permalink sp_Print

@Ahhh Girl Yay! Congratulations on your promotion! That’s great news!

@AppleScruffJunior  I hope you’ll get a nice house this time, and that it won’t be so bad.

The following people thank Linde for this post:

Ahhh Girl, AppleScruffJunior
2 June 2014
9.58pm
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24950
7513sp_Permalink sp_Print

ASJ, glad to hear you came out of the 3 weeks better for it. Here’s hoping you have a good three weeks. Probably best to not comment on the lassies who were with you that fifth time.

The following people thank meanmistermustard for this post:

Starr Shine?, parlance

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

3 June 2014
1.28am
mithveaen
Sitarday's room
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 4621

Well, congratulations to everybody!!

Sorry guys it’s going to take me a while to catch up. a-hard-days-night-george-4

The following people thank mithveaen for this post:

Ahhh Girl, Zig

Here comes the sun….. Scoobie-doobie……

Something in the way she moves…..attracts me like a cauliflower…

Bop. Bop, cat bop. Go, Johnny, Go.

Beware of Darkness… 

3 June 2014
2.33am
Mr. Kite
910 Penny Lane, Strawberry Fields, Pepperland
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 6147
7515sp_Permalink sp_Print

@Ahhh Girl Congratulations!! a-hard-days-night-george-9
Image Enlarger

And a celebratory:

And ASJ a good room and good roommates are wished upon you!

The following people thank Mr. Kite for this post:

Ahhh Girl

If I spoke prose you'd all find out, I don't know what I talk about.

Can buy Joe love!
If you're shopping at one of these two websites use the links below to support the Beatles Bible:

Amazon | iTunes

4 June 2014
6.29am
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers

Lufthansa gave me Paul’s NEW.

Delta only gave me Glee Beatles. blue-meanie
Glee-Beatles-on-plane-monitor.jpgImage Enlarger

And they have One Direction. blue-meanieblue-meanie

But they do have the Bee Gees (to get me ready for tomorrow night) and “Live And Let Die
BeeGees-on-plane-monitor.jpgImage Enlarger

Wings-listed-on-plane-monitor.jpgImage Enlarger

Here’s something for you @AppleScruffJunior. It was in the car museum I went to today.
Irish-license-plates-from-car-museum.jpgImage Enlarger

The following people thank Ahhh Girl for this post:

parlance
4 June 2014
7.33am
MrMoonlight
Alone in the clouds all blue...
Shea Stadium
Members
Forum Posts: 832
7517sp_Permalink sp_Print

Well, three of them were. One of them was just an angry, talentless wannabe musician who abused both of his wives and scarred his kid for life, and dying before he could even beg forgiveness. 

Somebody, please just block the YouTube comments forever.

4 June 2014
8.30am
Necko
Earth
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 8043
7518sp_Permalink sp_Print

Hey guys.  I’ve been absent as of late.  How is everyone doing?

Oh, and, as a side note, congrats, Ahhh Girl.

The following people thank Necko for this post:

Ahhh Girl

I'm Necko.  I'm like Ringo except I wear necklaces.

I'm also ewe2 on weekends.

Most likely to post things that make you go hmm... 2015, 2016, 2017. 

4 June 2014
1.28pm
MrMoonlight
Alone in the clouds all blue...
Shea Stadium
Members
Forum Posts: 832

Jesus, I’m 14 and I already feel like I’m getting old. The new series of Doctor Who started nine years ago! Nine bloody years! Half my life ago was 2007 – that’s half a decade. I know I might seem young, but honestly, I wish I was born in the 1960s. The Beatles, my favourite era of Doctor Who, girls in miniskirts… the life.

Incidentally, I keep wanting to shout out “WOW SUCH NOSTALGIA” for no reason whatsoever.

EDIT: halp my phones running out of memory space because ive put too many beatles songs on the sd card and i don’t have any higher quality ones so i can’t put any more onto it, wat do

4 June 2014
1.53pm
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24950

The last series with Matt Smith was pretty dire, hopefully Peter Capaldi will give the Doctor some edge again (i loved Christopher Eccleston’s time) and we can move away from assistant-giving-doctor-the-eye garbage that began with Piper and Tennant and continued boring me with Martha (i liked the 10th Doctor a lot just not the will-they-wont-they garbage). It made Catherine Tate’s time a lot more enjoyable.

I dont think i’ve been so pissed off at a Doctor Who episode as much as when that 10 year old’s singing saved the planet, what a load of complete bollocks that was. 

There is a Doctor Who thread on this forum for anyone who is bothered.

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2859
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5510
Newest Members:
frankc, viv@nelsontraining.co.uk, bornhairyman, frankkilmore123@gmail.com, onlyanorthernsong
Moderators: Joe: 5691, meanmistermustard: 24950, Ahhh Girl: 22213, Beatlebug: 18181, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5691