Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
The "Incredibly Impossible to Derail This Thread" thread
29 May 2014
12.35am
Starr Shine?
Waiting in the sky
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 16105
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

It is cloudy right now

Edit: Why is everything I post under moderation?

https://youtu.be/52nwiTs7bk8

Brainwashed by RadiantCowbells.

If you can't log in and can't use the forum go here and someone will help you out.

29 May 2014
3.07pm
AppleScruffJunior
Sitting here doing nothing but procrastinating...
Apple rooftop
Reviewers

Members
Forum Posts: 7583

Woohoo freedom! Three months of reading and traveling ahead of me :)

To all students:

The following people thank AppleScruffJunior for this post:

Starr Shine?, trcanberra

INTROVERTS UNITE! Separately....in your own homes!

Make Love, Not Wardrobes!

"Stop throwing jelly beans at me"- George Harrison

29 May 2014
3.34pm
Beatleva
In my life
Hollywood Bowl
Members
Forum Posts: 672
7423sp_Permalink sp_Print

Well you might be free, but I still need to suffer for 3 more weeks. I also still need to do exams… stress, just so much stress…

29 May 2014
3.39pm
Starr Shine?
Waiting in the sky
Apple rooftop
Members
7424sp_Permalink sp_Print

I have been free since the end of April

If you can't log in and can't use the forum go here and someone will help you out.

29 May 2014
5.16pm
Linde
The Netherlands
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 2781
7425sp_Permalink sp_Print

^
Awesome, Dutch subtitles!

I still have 6 weeks of school left, if you count resits and all that stuff. 

Jesus Christ, my sister (no her name isn’t Jesus) just pushed me very hard against the pointy corner of some cabinet hanging on the wall at my grandma’s and now I don’t know how to sit without being in pain. What an idiotic bitch.

It was very boring today, we walked around at the book market and I saw a friend perform (he sings and plays the guitar)

So, what did you guys do today? Do you do anything special on Ascension day?

29 May 2014
5.23pm
AppleScruffJunior
Sitting here doing nothing but procrastinating...
Apple rooftop
Reviewers

Members
Forum Posts: 7583

Linde said
^

Jesus Christ, my sister (no her name isn’t Jesus) just pushed me very hard against the pointy corner of some cabinet hanging on the wall at my grandma’s and now I don’t know how to sit without being in pain. What an idiotic bitch.

It was very boring today, we walked around at the book market and I saw a friend perform (he sings and plays the guitar)

So she’s called Christ?

I’m currently baking meringues and no we do not.

I was speaking Dutch earlier Linde but the thread was deleted :(

INTROVERTS UNITE! Separately....in your own homes!

Make Love, Not Wardrobes!

"Stop throwing jelly beans at me"- George Harrison

29 May 2014
5.43pm
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24950
7427sp_Permalink sp_Print

I had no idea it was Ascension Day.

I got a download to finally work after a week of trying (crap holding site). I could call it a miracle, which would be quite fitting considering.

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

29 May 2014
7.54pm
MrMoonlight
Alone in the clouds all blue...
Shea Stadium
Members
Forum Posts: 832
7428sp_Permalink sp_Print

I’m faced with a dilemma. As I’ve said, my uncle found me an electric guitar. But I’m worried I’ll leave the other one to gather dust. I don’t want to and I don’t know what to do about it.

Anxiety, everyone. Be glad you don’t have it.

29 May 2014
7.58pm
Starr Shine?
Waiting in the sky
Apple rooftop
Members
7429sp_Permalink sp_Print

ahdn_paul_06 You could loan your guitar to some one

29 May 2014
8.14pm
vonbontee
Inside Von Bontee's mind
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 5444
7430sp_Permalink sp_Print

Linde said

Sorry about your pain, Linde. :( I had no idea it was Ascension Day (in fact I’ve barely heard of it – I’m not religious.) But now that I know, maybe I’ll celebrate by playing Coltrane’s “Ascension” album:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v…..wbuQqQuXSU

GEORGE: In fact, The Detroit Sound. JOHN: In fact, yes. GEORGE: In fact, yeah. Tamla-Motown artists are our favorites. The Miracles. JOHN: We like Marvin Gaye. GEORGE: The Impressions PAUL & GEORGE: Mary Wells. GEORGE: The Exciters. RINGO: Chuck Jackson. JOHN: To name but eighty. 

offtopic-1.png

https://rateyourmusic.com/~Myo.....Von_Bontee

29 May 2014
8.16pm
MrMoonlight
Alone in the clouds all blue...
Shea Stadium
Members
Forum Posts: 832
7431sp_Permalink sp_Print

Annadog40 said
ahdn_paul_06 You could loan your guitar to some one

Ideally I’d like a plan to use both. I want to use both but I don’t know which is better for which.

29 May 2014
8.32pm
Beatleva
In my life
Hollywood Bowl
Members
Forum Posts: 672
7432sp_Permalink sp_Print

Linde said
^

That just made me laugh so much, despite your pain, :/

I also didn’t know it was ascension day, I was just celebrating the fact that we had no school today. But I have exams in a week, so basically I was studying the whole day…

AppleScruffJunior said

I was speaking Dutch earlier Linde but the thread was deleted :(

Yes, I just remember something about eels in hovercrafts, right? Continue your Dutch speaking, it’s quite amusing!

29 May 2014
10.23pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
7433sp_Permalink sp_Print

Paul singing September In The Rain just got me a point in a quiz show – i recognised the song despite it being a different version and got the link with the other three despite having no idea what they were. 

Makes it all worthwhile.a-hard-days-night-john-5

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

29 May 2014
10.26pm
Linde
The Netherlands
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 2781
7434sp_Permalink sp_Print

Eels in hovercrafts? Boy, am I sad I missed that conversation, sounds interesting haha!

I’m not religious either, but Ascension Day is basically just an excuse to have a national holiday. They once went out on the streets for some news show, to ask people if they knew what we’d be celebrating on that day, and most of them didn’t. It’s got something to do with the outpouring of the Holy Spirit or something like that, right?

In The Netherlands, or at least, the part where I live, we have this thing called ”dauwtrappen” (dew kicking, if I have to translate it literally) which means you get up very early, when there’s still dew ghehe, and you go out with your mates and go cycling or hiking somewhere. Usually that’s to some kind of festival or to spend the day in some kind of park. Last year I went to Dewpop, a festival which had the Kaiser Chiefs and all performing, but this year I didn’t do anything except from going to that bookmarket I mentioned before. Some people sell DVDs, CDs and LPs too on that market, and I spotted a few Beatles DVDs, mainly solo stuff. But I kind of thought it would be a waste of money since you can download them. And since the fiasco of that DVD set I got for my birthday last year, I’m a bit wary of buying second hand DVDs.

29 May 2014
10.29pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
7435sp_Permalink sp_Print

Ascension Day marks when Jesus ascended to Heaven after the period of time he spent with the disciples after he had risen again.

29 May 2014
10.38pm
IveJustSeenAFaceo
Arrived Somewhere (But Not Here)
Rishikesh
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 2842
7436sp_Permalink sp_Print

Ah, my entire knowledge of the Bible only covers about the last week of his life, and ends with his death (no resurrection), because my entire knowledge of the Bible comes from Jesus Christ Superstar.

(This signature brought to you by Net Boy and Net Girl. Putting messages in modems since 1996.)

29 May 2014
10.45pm
vonbontee
Inside Von Bontee's mind
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 5444

IveJustSeenAFaceo said

Ah, my entire knowledge of the Bible only covers about the last week of his life, and ends with his death (no resurrection), because my entire knowledge of the Bible comes from Jesus Christ Superstar.

Ha, I read the first part of that sentence on the “New Forum Posts” page and immediately assumed you were talking about THIS ‘bible! :)

I like JC Superstar too, except I like a combination of that 1970 one and the ’73 movie soundtrack. (Carl Anderson does a much better job as Judas than Murray Head.)

GEORGE: In fact, The Detroit Sound. JOHN: In fact, yes. GEORGE: In fact, yeah. Tamla-Motown artists are our favorites. The Miracles. JOHN: We like Marvin Gaye. GEORGE: The Impressions PAUL & GEORGE: Mary Wells. GEORGE: The Exciters. RINGO: Chuck Jackson. JOHN: To name but eighty. 

offtopic-1.png

https://rateyourmusic.com/~Myo.....Von_Bontee

29 May 2014
11.05pm
Starr Shine?
Waiting in the sky
Apple rooftop
Members
7438sp_Permalink sp_Print

ahdn_paul_06 I was forced to watch that movie by my parents and I like the songs but I found the whole Guns and Helicopters weird.

29 May 2014
11.07pm
IveJustSeenAFaceo
Arrived Somewhere (But Not Here)
Rishikesh
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 2842

vonbontee said

IveJustSeenAFaceo said

Ha, I read the first part of that sentence on the “New Forum Posts” page and immediately assumed you were talking about THIS ‘bible! :)

I like JC Superstar too, except I like a combination of that 1970 one and the ’73 movie soundtrack. (Carl Anderson does a much better job as Judas than Murray Head.)

Ah, I actually had a twitter rant on just that subject last night. I far prefer the 1970 Ian Gillan headed version to the ’73 version. It’s so much more forceful than the movie one. To me, the entire thing sounds more full and forceful, all performances (especially Jesus. He’s so weak on the ’73 one.) I prefer Judas in the ’70 one too. The movie one just sounds so empty.

EDIT for what Anna said, I’ve never seen the movie, but I love the original album

(This signature brought to you by Net Boy and Net Girl. Putting messages in modems since 1996.)

29 May 2014
11.23pm
parlance
Slaggers
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 7111
7440sp_Permalink sp_Print

I’m trying to win tickets to see the current touring company of Jesus Christ Superstar. They’re fairly expensive.

parlance

The following people thank parlance for this post:

IveJustSeenAFaceo

Beware of sadness. It can hit you. It can hurt you. Make you sore and what is more, that is not what you are here for. - George

Check out my fan video for Paul's song "Appreciate" at Vimeo or YouTube.

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online: Richard
Guest(s) 1
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2859
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5509
Newest Members:
frankc, viv@nelsontraining.co.uk, bornhairyman, frankkilmore123@gmail.com, onlyanorthernsong
Moderators: Joe: 5691, meanmistermustard: 24950, Ahhh Girl: 22213, Beatlebug: 18181, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5691