Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
The "Incredibly Impossible to Derail This Thread" thread
26 May 2014
2.43pm
MrMoonlight
Alone in the clouds all blue...
Shea Stadium
Members
Forum Posts: 832
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
7321sp_Permalink sp_Print

Would anyone like to hear my version of She Said She Said ?

The following people thank MrMoonlight for this post:

Starr Shine?
26 May 2014
2.51pm
When Im 64
USA
London Palladium
Members
Forum Posts: 199
7322sp_Permalink sp_Print

MrMoonlight said
Would anyone like to hear my version of She Said She Said ?

Yeah, I would not mind.

If children are studying the 20th century, I'm in their text books.

- Paul McCartney

26 May 2014
2.53pm
When Im 64
USA
London Palladium
Members
7323sp_Permalink sp_Print

IveJustSeenAFaceo said
See, although I’m a bass player, I’ve never wanted to own a Hofner. To me (and not judging you guys), anyone that uses a Hofner looks like they’re trying to be Paul McCartney . And they can’t, because Paul McCartney ‘s the f***in’ best. Anyway, I’d rather have a really nice bass to forge my own sound and identity.

Not really. I use a hofner, but I do balance around with other basses though. I did not really use it for anything else than beatle covers.

- Paul McCartney

26 May 2014
2.58pm
IveJustSeenAFaceo
Arrived Somewhere (But Not Here)
Rishikesh
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 2842
7324sp_Permalink sp_Print

When Im 64 said

IveJustSeenAFaceo said
See, although I’m a bass player, I’ve never wanted to own a Hofner. To me (and not judging you guys), anyone that uses a Hofner looks like they’re trying to be Paul McCartney . And they can’t, because Paul McCartney ‘s the f***in’ best. Anyway, I’d rather have a really nice bass to forge my own sound and identity.

Not really. I use a hofner, but I do balance around with other basses though. I did not really use it for anything else than beatle covers.

I just feel like it’s so iconic that if you use it (at least in a performance), you look like you’re trying to be him. Again, nothing against anyone who does use one, this is just why I don’t want one.

(This signature brought to you by Net Boy and Net Girl. Putting messages in modems since 1996.)

26 May 2014
3.00pm
When Im 64
USA
London Palladium
Members

IveJustSeenAFaceo said

When Im 64 said

IveJustSeenAFaceo said

I just feel like it’s so iconic that if you use it (at least in a performance), you look like you’re trying to be him. Again, nothing against anyone who does use one, this is just why I don’t want one.

It is cool. Everyone has an opinion, and there is noting wrong with that.

- Paul McCartney

26 May 2014
3.22pm
AppleScruffJunior
Sitting here doing nothing but procrastinating...
Apple rooftop
Reviewers

Members
Forum Posts: 7583
7326sp_Permalink sp_Print

Warning major rant ahead, full of naughty language. Approach with caution and handle with care!

**************************************************************************************

I f**king hate Irish essays particularly debates. I will never f**king use this in life! I don’t plan to be addressing people about the problems of the elderly in Ireland, EVER! Learning essays is a farce, if you want people to be interested in the language don’t make them learn about things that have no bloody reference or meaning to the majority of 16-18 year olds! Hell I wouldn’t use 1/4 of the phrases I use in Irish when speaking English, “with the help of God , there’s a big difference between today and yesterday, the age of youth is the age of glory”- Christ (you know it ain’t easy)! Gahhhhh!!!! I can’t bloody wait ’til I’m finished school, none of this joke-sh*te! 

*************************************************************************************

I feel much better :)

INTROVERTS UNITE! Separately....in your own homes!

Make Love, Not Wardrobes!

"Stop throwing jelly beans at me"- George Harrison

26 May 2014
3.39pm
When Im 64
USA
London Palladium
Members
7327sp_Permalink sp_Print

AppleScruffJunior said
Warning major rant ahead, full of naughty language. Approach with caution and handle with care!

**************************************************************************************

I f**king hate Irish essays particularly debates. I will never f**king use this in life! I don’t plan to be addressing people about the problems of the elderly in Ireland, EVER! Learning essays is a farce, if you want people to be interested in the language don’t make them learn about things that have no bloody reference or meaning to the majority of 16-18 year olds! Hell I wouldn’t use 1/4 of the phrases I use in Irish when speaking English, “with the help of God , there’s a big difference between today and yesterday, the age of youth is the age of glory”- Christ (you know it ain’t easy)! Gahhhhh!!!! I can’t bloody wait ’til I’m finished school, none of this joke-sh*te! 

*************************************************************************************

I feel much better :)

I feel you, at my school we do the stupidest things. Such as the time when I debated. It is stupid and just fixed to see who won. It was a waste a research time and writing time. While I had four papers writing down my oppenet, who was a popular girls every guy checked out, and she only had one paper. Not just bein  selfish, but I thought I had a better argument. But no, the pretty girl with the yoga pants won. And that made my grade go from a 90 to an 84. Only said that because of the debate you said earlier. 

P.S. The girl is not even pretty to me.

The following people thank When Im 64 for this post:

Starr Shine?

- Paul McCartney

26 May 2014
3.47pm
Starr Shine?
Waiting in the sky
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 16105
7328sp_Permalink sp_Print

IveJustSeenAFaceo said

When Im 64 said

IveJustSeenAFaceo said

You could put stickers on it to make it more your own

https://youtu.be/52nwiTs7bk8

Brainwashed by RadiantCowbells.

If you can't log in and can't use the forum go here and someone will help you out.

26 May 2014
3.56pm
When Im 64
USA
London Palladium
Members
7329sp_Permalink sp_Print

Seem  like a good idea, but I know I would not keep the sticker on though.

- Paul McCartney

26 May 2014
4.27pm
AppleScruffJunior
Sitting here doing nothing but procrastinating...
Apple rooftop
Reviewers

Members
Forum Posts: 7583
7330sp_Permalink sp_Print

Whilst on a break from mundane study, I have found out that Monty Python STILL haven’t released anything about French screenings a-hard-days-night-paul-11 Just tell me if you’re showing it in Nice or not for God ‘s sake! blue-meanie

INTROVERTS UNITE! Separately....in your own homes!

Make Love, Not Wardrobes!

"Stop throwing jelly beans at me"- George Harrison

26 May 2014
9.32pm
trcanberra
Oz
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 6064
7331sp_Permalink sp_Print

meanmistermustard said
[SNIP]

@trcanberra Interesting that rumours of Mata being sold to Barca are going around already – tho everyone know Mata wasn’t needed. Strange purchase. What do you think are your chances for next season?

Yes, that Mata stuff is really odd – especially since he is a mad fan of the team – I would rather we ditched Rooney.  Chances?  Not sure, the World Cup will disrupt transfers and prep time so I suspect it will be an odd year and we will come good in the second half of the season.  I don’t really mind as long as we play more attractive football and give some more of the youngsters a go – I have been so spoiled with the last 20 years I can wait a year or three for another trophy :)

==> trcanberra and hongkonglady - Together even when not (married for those not in the know!) <==

26 May 2014
10.12pm
MrMoonlight
Shea Stadium
Members
7332sp_Permalink sp_Print

I hate my mind. It goes into full “annoyed” mode because I feel like I have to do everything right here, right now or else I won’t sleep. Oh, and let’s not forget you-know-who. a-hard-days-night-paul-10

26 May 2014
11.44pm
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24950
sp_UserOnlineSmall Online
7333sp_Permalink sp_Print

trcanberra said

meanmistermustard said
[SNIP]

@trcanberra Interesting that rumours of Mata being sold to Barca are going around already – tho everyone know Mata wasn’t needed. Strange purchase. What do you think are your chances for next season?

Yes, that Mata stuff is really odd – especially since he is a mad fan of the team – I would rather we ditched Rooney.  Chances?  Not sure, the World Cup will disrupt transfers and prep time so I suspect it will be an odd year and we will come good in the second half of the season.  I don’t really mind as long as we play more attractive football and give some more of the youngsters a go – I have been so spoiled with the last 20 years I can wait a year or three for another trophy :)

Ditch Rooney and the English media will go mad never mind the fans. The reaction over Chelsea possibly releasing John Terry was bad enough and he’s nearing the end of his career. Will be interesting to see what happens when Wayne has his next sulk and tantrum and threatens to leave, i can envisage Van Gaal frog-marching him out of the ground and making Rooney sit on the kerb. 

All depends on your signings, surely cant be another year where your midfield is left to rot.

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

27 May 2014
1.41am
IveJustSeenAFaceo
Arrived Somewhere (But Not Here)
Rishikesh
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 2842
7334sp_Permalink sp_Print

Ah being a Spurs fan… kings of 5th place

The following people thank IveJustSeenAFaceo for this post:

trcanberra, meanmistermustard

(This signature brought to you by Net Boy and Net Girl. Putting messages in modems since 1996.)

27 May 2014
3.04am
trcanberra
Oz
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 6064
7335sp_Permalink sp_Print

meanmistermustard said

trcanberra said

meanmistermustard said
[SNIP]

Ditch Rooney and the English media will go mad never mind the fans. The reaction over Chelsea possibly releasing John Terry was bad enough and he’s nearing the end of his career. Will be interesting to see what happens when Wayne has his next sulk and tantrum and threatens to leave, i can envisage Van Gaal frog-marching him out of the ground and making Rooney sit on the kerb. 

All depends on your signings, surely cant be another year where your midfield is left to rot.

I was hoping last season that we would just swap Rooney and Mata :)

==> trcanberra and hongkonglady - Together even when not (married for those not in the know!) <==

27 May 2014
7.17am
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 22212

Fragole Fields Forever

Inspired by the jam label at breakfast in Venice.

27 May 2014
10.26am
MrMoonlight
Shea Stadium
Members
7337sp_Permalink sp_Print

In reply to everyone who’s PM’d me, I’d just like to say a massive thank you.

27 May 2014
12.12pm
Starr Shine?
Waiting in the sky
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 16105

I am the only one online . . .

https://youtu.be/52nwiTs7bk8

Brainwashed by RadiantCowbells.

If you can't log in and can't use the forum go here and someone will help you out.

27 May 2014
12.18pm
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24950
sp_UserOnlineSmall Online

10.gifImage Enlarger

(that gifs not working unless i click on ita-hard-days-night-paul-3)

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

27 May 2014
1.36pm
Mimi
Left of greenland
Ed Sullivan Show
Members
Forum Posts: 480
7340sp_Permalink sp_Print

IveJustSeenAFaceo said

Yeah I get that. I’m not really a serious bass player though, I’m much more interested in guitar, and forging my own identity as a musician with that. I just like how a Hofner looks and sounds. If I was as serious bassist, than I don’t think I’d be playing a Hofner. 

We were just trying to write songs about prostitutes and lesbians

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online: meanmistermustard, KyleKartan
Guest(s) 1
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2859
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5510
Newest Members:
frankc, viv@nelsontraining.co.uk, bornhairyman, frankkilmore123@gmail.com, onlyanorthernsong
Moderators: Joe: 5691, meanmistermustard: 24950, Ahhh Girl: 22212, Beatlebug: 18181, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5691