Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
The "Incredibly Impossible to Derail This Thread" thread
11 May 2014
2.29am
Mr. Kite
910 Penny Lane, Strawberry Fields, Pepperland
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 6147
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
7121sp_Permalink sp_Print

meanmistermustard said

Worse is that some people are going to watch that guff. People who are need to put the remote control down, pick up the tv, lob it out of the window and go sit in a cupboard.

There are definitely worse things than that to be watching. That’s the sad part. If you are lucky enough to not know who/what Honey Boo Boo is, I would advise staying that way, if you know who that is you understand what I mean, if you’re curious and enjoy torture, look it up.

I feel like this is why other countries hate America.

If I spoke prose you'd all find out, I don't know what I talk about.

Can buy Joe love!
If you're shopping at one of these two websites use the links below to support the Beatles Bible:

Amazon | iTunes

11 May 2014
2.54am
WETSRoosa
Mountains of East Tennessee
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1097
7122sp_Permalink sp_Print

Mr. Kite said

meanmistermustard said

Worse is that some people are going to watch that guff. People who are need to put the remote control down, pick up the tv, lob it out of the window and go sit in a cupboard.

There are definitely worse things than that to be watching. That’s the sad part. If you are lucky enough to not know who/what Honey Boo Boo is, I would advise staying that way, if you know who that is you understand what I mean, if you’re curious and enjoy torture, look it up.

I know who she is, and I don’t watch. I feel the same way about her as I do about the Kardashians and the Duck Dynasty crew: best to be ignored.

The following people thank WETSRoosa for this post:

Starr Shine?

"There's no such thing as bad student... only bad teacher."

11 May 2014
3.05am
Mr. Kite
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
7123sp_Permalink sp_Print

WETSRoosa said

Mr. Kite said

meanmistermustard said

I know who she is, and I don’t watch. I feel the same way about her as I do about the Kardashians and the Duck Dynasty crew: best to be ignored.

Definitely best way to go!

Can buy Joe love!
If you're shopping at one of these two websites use the links below to support the Beatles Bible:

Amazon | iTunes

11 May 2014
5.06am
parlance
Slaggers
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 7111
7124sp_Permalink sp_Print

Posting on behalf of @Ahhh Girl. Her BB advertisements are showing up in Greek!

Screenshot_2014-05-11-07-52-14.pngImage Enlarger

parlance

Beware of sadness. It can hit you. It can hurt you. Make you sore and what is more, that is not what you are here for. - George

Check out my fan video for Paul's song "Appreciate" at Vimeo or YouTube.

11 May 2014
5.13am
parlance
Slaggers
Apple rooftop
Members

Watched the winner for the Eurovision contest since it was trending on FB. Putting the video behind a spoiler tag to be safe.

Gorgeous voice!

parlance

Beware of sadness. It can hit you. It can hurt you. Make you sore and what is more, that is not what you are here for. - George

11 May 2014
5.42am
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 22227
7126sp_Permalink sp_Print

Thank you, @parlance, for posting the picture for me. I can’t for the life of me figure out how to post pictures from my phone.

The following people thank Ahhh Girl for this post:

parlance
11 May 2014
10.15am
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24964

Mr. Kite said

WETSRoosa said

Mr. Kite said

meanmistermustard said

A while back someone on the forum mentioned Honey Boo Boo so i had a quick peep at the show details – its no worse than so many of these cheap reality shows that are little more than exploiting the celebrity obsessed, fame starved, instant success morons who you wouldnt trust with a blunt pencil. Why folk decide to invest their time in such programmes mystifies me.

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

11 May 2014
11.50am
WETSRoosa
Mountains of East Tennessee
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1097
7128sp_Permalink sp_Print

meanmistermustard said

Mr. Kite said

WETSRoosa said

Mr. Kite said

meanmistermustard said

A while back someone on the forum mentioned Honey Boo Boo so i had a quick peep at the show details – its no worse than so many of these cheap reality shows that are little more than exploiting the celebrity obsessed, fame starved, instant success morons who you wouldnt trust with a blunt pencil. Why folk decide to invest their time in such programmes mystifies me.

Never underestimate Americans’ love of trash, mmm. Really the only thing I can say about it. Although at least the reality show craze is dying down a little bit from their peak of about 3 years ago, as ratings for all of these shows have dropped (especially Duck Dynasty), so maybe we’re finally reaching our limit of this crap. One can hope anyways, right? 

"There's no such thing as bad student... only bad teacher."

11 May 2014
11.55am
Starr Shine?
Waiting in the sky
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 16105
7129sp_Permalink sp_Print

a-hard-days-night-ringo-8 Not all reality shows are bad just a lot of them especially the ones that follow there day to day lives without having challenges or eliminations.

https://youtu.be/52nwiTs7bk8

Brainwashed by RadiantCowbells.

If you can't log in and can't use the forum go here and someone will help you out.

11 May 2014
12.27pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators

Its not just the Americans who love them, folk in the UK watch them as well. I think a lot of people are catching on that a lot of the new reality shows are either remakes of what’s gone before or so heavily scripted and set up in advance that its not real and therefore pointless.

In my opinion they are no less unwatchable than the misery driven soaps that are on the telly (Sally, a down and out mother hooked on heroin who’s lost her kids, secretly loves Bill (she is stalking him but he doesn’t know) who is having an affair with the local male priest (who is leading the campaign against Homosexuality (cue violence, anger, protests etc)) who is married to Steph who is having an affair with Jess (cue violence, protests, anger etc) who killed Sharif who was married to Sally before her drug habit which led to his death (he was killed by Steph as he was having an affair with Jess)).

And if that is used in a soap storyline i want financial reward.

The following people thank meanmistermustard for this post:

Mr. Kite

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

11 May 2014
12.33pm
IveJustSeenAFaceo
Arrived Somewhere (But Not Here)
Rishikesh
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 2842
7131sp_Permalink sp_Print

I don’t mind reality shows such as American Idol or Survivor. They’re interesting because of the competition. The stuff that just follows people around is annoying though (Like Honey Boo Boo or Duck Dynasty)

The following people thank IveJustSeenAFaceo for this post:

Starr Shine?

(This signature brought to you by Net Boy and Net Girl. Putting messages in modems since 1996.)

11 May 2014
1.31pm
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 22227
7132sp_Permalink sp_Print

Visited Akrotiri and the Red Beach today, and had a leisurely lunch overlooking the caldera.

11 May 2014
2.56pm
parlance
Slaggers
Apple rooftop
Members
7133sp_Permalink sp_Print

Happy Mother ‘s Day!

Image Enlarger

parlance

The following people thank parlance for this post:

Ahhh Girl

11 May 2014
3.00pm
AppleScruffJunior
Sitting here doing nothing but procrastinating...
Apple rooftop
Reviewers

Members
Forum Posts: 7583
7134sp_Permalink sp_Print

I always play this to my mam at least once a month, she loves the “and as warm as pastrami” line :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v…..sxGJv89lJ0

INTROVERTS UNITE! Separately....in your own homes!

Make Love, Not Wardrobes!

"Stop throwing jelly beans at me"- George Harrison

11 May 2014
3.23pm
Mr. Kite
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
7135sp_Permalink sp_Print

For those of you wishing happy mothers happy days: https://www.beatlesbible.com/f…..thers-day/

We don’t want to give this thread a rail! ahdn_paul_02

Can buy Joe love!

Amazon | iTunes

11 May 2014
3.28pm
AppleScruffJunior
Sitting here doing nothing but procrastinating...
Apple rooftop
Reviewers

Members
Forum Posts: 7583
7136sp_Permalink sp_Print

tumblr_lz0zmn9i4O1rp6udyo1_1280.gifImage Enlarger

Yay for Fluttershy

a-hard-days-night-george-10

INTROVERTS UNITE! Separately....in your own homes!

Make Love, Not Wardrobes!

"Stop throwing jelly beans at me"- George Harrison

11 May 2014
3.34pm
Starr Shine?
Waiting in the sky
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 16105

We interrupt this forum for a commercial (under spoiler)

https://youtu.be/52nwiTs7bk8

Brainwashed by RadiantCowbells.

If you can't log in and can't use the forum go here and someone will help you out.

11 May 2014
3.43pm
IveJustSeenAFaceo
Arrived Somewhere (But Not Here)
Rishikesh
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 2842
7138sp_Permalink sp_Print

So, I have a question. I have recently discovered that iTunes has the ability to rip CDs at a maximum of 320 kbps. I had previously believed the max to be 192 kbps. So, my question, is is it worth it to re-rip all of my CDs to get them at the higher quality?

(This signature brought to you by Net Boy and Net Girl. Putting messages in modems since 1996.)

11 May 2014
4.07pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
7139sp_Permalink sp_Print

Wasn’t Mother ‘s Day a while back, i sent a book to mine?

I’m reading threads on this forum and i have no idea what people are going on about.a-hard-days-night-paul-4

11 May 2014
4.09pm
parlance
Slaggers
Apple rooftop
Members
7140sp_Permalink sp_Print

meanmistermustard said
Wasn’t Mother ‘s Day a while back, i sent a book to mine?

I’m reading threads on this forum and i have no idea what people are going on about.a-hard-days-night-paul-4

In the US, it’s today.

parlance

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2858
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5519
Newest Members:
seo mavia, adamo3, katybphoto, sleeptalker, Lovethebeatles
Moderators: Joe: 5694, meanmistermustard: 24964, Ahhh Girl: 22227, Beatlebug: 18182, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5694