Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
The "Incredibly Impossible to Derail This Thread" thread
15 March 2014
11.00am
AppleScruffJunior
Sitting here doing nothing but procrastinating...
Apple rooftop
Reviewers

Members
Forum Posts: 7583
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Ahhh Girl said
@AppleScruffJunior Do you have any celebrating tips for us for St. Patrick’s day?

Phew that’s a toughie

Ammm drink, wear green, drink, eat loads of food, drink, go out to the pub, drink, listen to the National Anthem while saying derogatory things about the British, drink, did I mention drink yet?

Oh and obviously your drink has to be made in Ireland; Guinness, Jameson’s/Power’s Whiskey, Bulmer’s cider, poitín- the usual ones

This is a sign that Dublin airport have put it up purely for all the American tourists as they seem to be the one who say St. Patty’s:

Image Enlarger

We also don’t eat corned beef on Paddy’s Day :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v…..g3nKjgnVWg

*wipes tear from eye* The Soldier’s Song :)

Interesting fact: St. Patrick’s colour was originally blue not green

The following people thank AppleScruffJunior for this post:

Ahhh Girl, parlance

INTROVERTS UNITE! Separately....in your own homes!

Make Love, Not Wardrobes!

"Stop throwing jelly beans at me"- George Harrison

15 March 2014
11.20am
Linde
The Netherlands
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 2781
6402sp_Permalink sp_Print

Hehe, the airplane sign made me laugh.

15 March 2014
11.52am
fabfouremily
Sitting in an English garden
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 2929

@AppleScruffJunior I danced at a St Patrick’s festival a few years back (I never knew how exhausting Irish dancing could be), and there was so much drinking going on that people were more interested in the groups of drunk men arguing/attempting to throw bottles at each other than the 20 girls prancing about on stage… It was quite fun, though. The Irish certianly do enjoy a good knees-up.

@Linde I’m not a big Stones fan, but I really wouldn’t mind seeing them. Just to see them. I’m glad you got tickets, have fun!

EDIT: I just realised you’re going to see Robert Plant! Noo I don’t want you to go now :( (could you take a pic for me?)

EDIT 2: Actually, I suppose it depends on which day you go?

Moving along in our God given ways, safety is sat by the fire/Sanctuary from these feverish smiles, left with a mark on the door.

(Passover - I. Curtis)

15 March 2014
1.36pm
Zig
The Toppermost of the Poppermost
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 9832
6404sp_Permalink sp_Print

Way to go on getting your tickets, Linde. The “nerve wrecking pain in the ass” bit will be so worth it – have a great time!

This St. Patrick’s Day discussion has uncovered a disturbing trend in the Zig/Zag household. This will be the fourth consecutive holiday/festive occasion during which we will be apart. Life and/or weather kept us apart at Christmas, New Years Eve, Valentine’s Day and now St. Patrick’s Day – she will be out-of-state on business. We have a fun day planned for Easter Sunday as we are going to Hershey Park with my sister-in-law’s family.

That fickle bitch, Fate, better keep her nose out of my life!!blue-meanie

To the fountain of perpetual mirth, let it roll for all its worth. And all the children boogie.

15 March 2014
1.58pm
IveJustSeenAFaceo
Arrived Somewhere (But Not Here)
Rishikesh
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 2842
6405sp_Permalink sp_Print

fabfouremily said
@AppleScruffJunior I danced at a St Patrick’s festival a few years back (I never knew how exhausting Irish dancing could be), and there was so much drinking going on that people were more interested in the groups of drunk men arguing/attempting to throw bottles at each other than the 20 girls prancing about on stage… It was quite fun, though. The Irish certianly do enjoy a good knees-up.

@Linde I’m not a big Stones fan, but I really wouldn’t mind seeing them. Just to see them. I’m glad you got tickets, have fun!

EDIT: I just realised you’re going to see Robert Plant! Noo I don’t want you to go now :( (could you take a pic for me?)

That’s actually how my mom met my dad. She was dancing at an Irish Pub, and he was playing in the band (he actually had a locally moderately successful Irish band for a few years). And the rest is history…

(This signature brought to you by Net Boy and Net Girl. Putting messages in modems since 1996.)

15 March 2014
3.11pm
parlance
Slaggers
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 7111
6406sp_Permalink sp_Print

Old article, but it was posted at an FB page I follow… the happiest place in Britain is Harrogate. I wonder if that drove up tourism there.

parlance

Beware of sadness. It can hit you. It can hurt you. Make you sore and what is more, that is not what you are here for. - George

Check out my fan video for Paul's song "Appreciate" at Vimeo or YouTube.

15 March 2014
3.33pm
Zig
The Toppermost of the Poppermost
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 9832
6407sp_Permalink sp_Print

parlance said
Old article, but it was posted at an FB page I follow… the happiest place in Britain is Harrogate. I wonder if that drove up tourism there.

parlance

I read the news today, oh boy. 

40,000 homeowners in Harrogate.

And though the number’s rather small,

Now they know how many folks it takes to win the Rightmove poll.

a-hard-days-night-john-1

Joe – couldn’t help noticing Bath made the “happy” list.ahdn_george_08

To the fountain of perpetual mirth, let it roll for all its worth. And all the children boogie.

15 March 2014
5.22pm
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24944
6408sp_Permalink sp_Print

@Ron Nasty @Joe  Whats happening with the Hurt/Heal rules. I thought they were they were getting put together for last Wednesday.

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

15 March 2014
5.48pm
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 12534

They were PM’d Wednesday evening. I never did think they would be up Wednesday though. If you look at Joe’s message to me on the subject, he asked me to PM them to him, rather than post them, so that he & I could discuss them before they are posted. I’m guessing that if there’s anything he wants tweaked, I’ll hear next day or two, and if he’s happy with them as are, they’ll appear next day or two. He wants time to consider that they’re right.

@meanmistermustard @Joe 

The following people thank Ron Nasty for this post:

Ahhh Girl, IveJustSeenAFaceo

"I only said we were bigger than Rod... and now there's all this!" Ron Nasty

To @ Ron Nasty it's @ mja6758
The Beatles Bible 2020 non-Canon Poll Part One: 1958-1963 and Part Two: 1964-August 1966

15 March 2014
6.17pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
6410sp_Permalink sp_Print

Ok. Thanks. @Ron Nasty 

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

15 March 2014
6.23pm
Linde
The Netherlands
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 2781
6411sp_Permalink sp_Print

fabfouremily said

Yeah, I’m not a huge fan either, but I love some of their songs and just the idea of seeing them is so cool.

Sure I can, but I don’t know if I’ll watch his band yet. And I’m going all three days. So looking forward to see the Stones, Metallica, Arctic Monkeys, Arcade Fire, Ed Sheeran, John Mayer, Jake Bugg, Editors, the Kooks and there are many more. These are the ones I definitely want to see though.

I’m very excited, haven’t been to a huge festival like this yet. Dauwpop was pretty small considered to Pinkpop. Weekendtickets (for all three days) and Saturdaytickets (The Stones are performing on Saturday) were sold out within half an hour. I saw a lot of disappointed facebookstatuses.

Oh, and I’ve ordered Beatles vans. I went with the slip ons. My sister bought them too and they’re gorgeous. Today was pretty good.

15 March 2014
8.50pm
fabfouremily
Sitting in an English garden
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 2929
6412sp_Permalink sp_Print

Ah, okay. Well enjoy yourself – I’m sure you will :)

Moving along in our God given ways, safety is sat by the fire/Sanctuary from these feverish smiles, left with a mark on the door.

(Passover - I. Curtis)

15 March 2014
10.12pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators

I have no idea how to phrase this nicely so forgive me if this is put forward incorrectly but we currently have as members Ahhhgirl, Ahgirl and Ahhh Girl. That’s going to cause confusion to the best and worst of us if all are posting (which will hopefully happen) so can all three agree on some nice strategy to sort this out please. Thank you.heart

The following people thank meanmistermustard for this post:

Starr Shine?, Ahhh Girl

15 March 2014
11.12pm
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 22198

I have made a post for florriecole who posted with the name Ahhhgirl in the favorite song on Rubber Soul thread. Will work figuring out Ahgirl next. Will edit this post with any developments.

I didn’t find Ahgirl in the members list. Nothing comes up when I @ that name. Where did Ahgirl post?

@Starr Shine?

@meanmistermustard 

anyone?

15 March 2014
11.18pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
6415sp_Permalink sp_Print

You could all get together and form a girl band!

15 March 2014
11.30pm
Starr Shine?
Waiting in the sky
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 16105
6416sp_Permalink sp_Print

Ahhh Girl said
I have made a post for florriecole who posted with the name Ahhhgirl in the favorite song on Rubber Soul thread. Will work figuring out Ahgirl next. Will edit this post with any developments.

I didn’t find Ahgirl in the members list. Nothing comes up when I @ that name. Where did Ahgirl post?

anyone?

On the bottom of new members it says Ahgirl but when you click it turns into Ahhhgirl so they are both one maybe

The following people thank Starr Shine? for this post:

Ahhh Girl

https://youtu.be/52nwiTs7bk8

Brainwashed by RadiantCowbells.

If you can't log in and can't use the forum go here and someone will help you out.

15 March 2014
11.37pm
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 22198
6417sp_Permalink sp_Print

a-hard-days-night-ringo-8Thanks @Starr Shine? 

I’m not seeing the new members while I’m on the forum using my phone.

15 March 2014
11.39pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators

You could both get together and form an all girl duo.

Is there an Apple Bonker out there?

4.jpgImage Enlarger

16 March 2014
5.43am
IveJustSeenAFaceo
Arrived Somewhere (But Not Here)
Rishikesh
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 2842
6419sp_Permalink sp_Print

I’m getting the same as Anna with Ahgirl turning into Ahhhgirl once I click on it.

@Ahhh Girl 

The following people thank IveJustSeenAFaceo for this post:

Ahhh Girl

(This signature brought to you by Net Boy and Net Girl. Putting messages in modems since 1996.)

16 March 2014
8.50am
Matt Busby
In the town where I was born
Shea Stadium
Members
Forum Posts: 932
6420sp_Permalink sp_Print

I was looking for songs to sing at Karaoke this week (I’ve done Strawberry Fields Forever , You Really Got A Hold On Me , and Here Comes The Sun in the last 3 weeks – a friend rates my Strawberry the best, and said I was flat throughout Hold on Me, which admittedly was a stretch for me.  So I’m thinking Glad All Over , but the company only has it by the Dave Clark 5 (a completely different tune).  But imagine my surprise when I found a 1972 version of the Perkins tune by the Jeff Beck Group (2) on youtube.  Quite cool it it.  I saw Jeff in 1981, we drank Beck’s beer before the show, it was tremendous.  So many concerts, but I remember a lot of moments from that show vividly.  I’d pay a fair price to see him today.  All the guitar greats (Clapton, Page, Richards,

Anyway, I’m considering Til There was You (fairly easy), I’ll Follow The Sun (a little harder), or I’ve Just Seen A Face (much harder, I think I’ll give myself a few more weeks before attempting it).  I kinda like the idea of I’ll Follow The Sun , I’ll start practicing it tomorrow a-hard-days-night-george-10

Half of what I say is meaningless...

I feel good in a special way, I'm in love and it's a sunny day

BeatlesBible.com earns royalties if you use these links when shopping: Amazon | iTunes

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2858
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5508
Newest Members:
jsullivan2112_1, catadorademusica, Slowhand, mirrortime, Julie
Moderators: Joe: 5690, meanmistermustard: 24944, Ahhh Girl: 22198, Beatlebug: 18181, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5690