Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
The "Incredibly Impossible to Derail This Thread" thread
22 February 2014
2.01am
LongHairedLady
coming in through the bathroom window
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 2098
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
6181sp_Permalink sp_Print

IveJustSeenAFaceo said
Out of that list, I’ve never heard of about half, and don’t like half of the rest.

Neil Young, Arcade Fire, Barenaked Ladies, and Our Lady Peace are actually the only ones that mean anything to me. And I notice you’ve conveniently left out Justin Bieber and Celine Dion.

(By the way, I’ll be like this about Canada for a few days. I don’t really hate Canada, but I’m pretty mad at them right now.)

Well Beiber and Celine are huge so I figured they were a given.  I was just trying to prove that we have more than just Rush.

BTW did you heard that we won the hockey game this morning? Wasn’t sure if you had seen that.    

Your attitude reminds of the women’s hockey team yesterday while receiving their silver medal.  

"Please don't bring your banjo back, I know where it's been..  I wasn't hardly gone a day, when it became the scene..  Banjos!  Banjos!  All the time, I can't forget that tune..  and if I ever see another banjo, I'm going out and buy a big balloon!"

22 February 2014
2.08am
IveJustSeenAFaceo
Arrived Somewhere (But Not Here)
Rishikesh
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 2842
6182sp_Permalink sp_Print

LongHairedLady said

IveJustSeenAFaceo said
Out of that list, I’ve never heard of about half, and don’t like half of the rest.

Neil Young, Arcade Fire, Barenaked Ladies, and Our Lady Peace are actually the only ones that mean anything to me. And I notice you’ve conveniently left out Justin Bieber and Celine Dion.

(By the way, I’ll be like this about Canada for a few days. I don’t really hate Canada, but I’m pretty mad at them right now.)

Well Beiber and Celine are huge so I figured they were a given.  I was just trying to prove that we have more than just Rush.

BTW did you heard that we won the hockey game this morning? Wasn’t sure if you had seen that.    

Your attitude reminds of the women’s hockey team yesterday while receiving their silver medal.  

I may be a sore loser, but that’s being a sore winner.

Also, please understand this entire thing is marked with a giantahdn_ringo_09. I’m not actually this mad, if you’re actually offended by my Canada bashing, I can stop at any point. Also, feel free to bash America as much as you want. We’re plenty screwed up.

(This signature brought to you by Net Boy and Net Girl. Putting messages in modems since 1996.)

22 February 2014
4.26am
LongHairedLady
Candlestick Park
Members
6183sp_Permalink sp_Print

Oh I’m not usually a “sore winner”, but you were totally asking for it.  I also really love my Country and will defend it always.  a-hard-days-night-george-10

"Please don't bring your banjo back, I know where it's been..  I wasn't hardly gone a day, when it became the scene..  Banjos!  Banjos!  All the time, I can't forget that tune..  and if I ever see another banjo, I'm going out and buy a big balloon!"

22 February 2014
4.32am
IveJustSeenAFaceo
Rishikesh
Members

Reviewers
6184sp_Permalink sp_Print

LongHairedLady said
Oh I’m not usually a “sore winner”, but you were totally asking for it.  I also really love my Country and will defend it always.  a-hard-days-night-george-10

I know, I know. And me too.

(This signature brought to you by Net Boy and Net Girl. Putting messages in modems since 1996.)

22 February 2014
6.47am
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 12534
6185sp_Permalink sp_Print

I was surprised Leonard Cohen and The Band (4/5 Canadian) didn’t make the list.

"I only said we were bigger than Rod... and now there's all this!" Ron Nasty

To @ Ron Nasty it's @ mja6758
The Beatles Bible 2020 non-Canon Poll Part One: 1958-1963 and Part Two: 1964-August 1966

22 February 2014
10.23am
LongHairedLady
Candlestick Park
Members
6186sp_Permalink sp_Print

mja6758 said
I was surprised Leonard Cohen and The Band (4/5 Canadian) didn’t make the list.

They would have if I had remembered.  Was just trying to throw some examples out there.  

22 February 2014
2.37pm
parlance
Slaggers
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 7111
6187sp_Permalink sp_Print

AppleScruffJunior said
And finally the logical part kicks in and says ‘The West-End made ‘Carrie’ into a musical’.

I wonder if this is the same Broadway musical flop from the 80s. It has to be. They wouldn’t make two, would they?

parlance

Beware of sadness. It can hit you. It can hurt you. Make you sore and what is more, that is not what you are here for. - George

Check out my fan video for Paul's song "Appreciate" at Vimeo or YouTube.

22 February 2014
9.39pm
fabfouremily
Sitting in an English garden
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 2929
6188sp_Permalink sp_Print

:( I backed into my cactus and now I’ve got all the prickly things stuck in my pj bottoms. Why I have a cactus I do not know, they’re not exactly pretty things and they’re clearly no use to me. Is it okay to just chuck a plant away, because that’s what I feel like doing right now.

Moving along in our God given ways, safety is sat by the fire/Sanctuary from these feverish smiles, left with a mark on the door.

(Passover - I. Curtis)

22 February 2014
9.46pm
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24950

fabfouremily said
:( I backed into my cactus and now I’ve got all the prickly things stuck in my pj bottoms. Why I have a cactus I do not know, they’re not exactly pretty things and they’re clearly no use to me. Is it okay to just chuck a plant away, because that’s what I feel like doing right now.

I’d say no as it’s alive and its not the cacti’s fault you backed into it. If you don’t want it give it to someone else. I’ve always liked them personally but i’m a bit far away to take it off your hands.

Scotland won an away game in the Six Nations Rugby, thrashing Italy 21 points to 20 with a drop-goal (no idea what that is, rugby is just too boring to care) in the last few seconds. Considering how laughable we have been at Rugby for a while (last week England took all their players off for a 10 minute drink in the bar and we still failed to score a single point or win any of the scrums) a national holiday will be implemented to remember this occasion for years to come.

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

22 February 2014
9.56pm
fabfouremily
Rishikesh
Members
6190sp_Permalink sp_Print

I’d send it in the post, but it’s a bit of an awkward shape (and this would probably end in disaster as last time I tried to pick it up I had my hands covered in the prickly stuff for days).

I guess I’ll just move it up the garden (carefully this time).

Moving along in our God given ways, safety is sat by the fire/Sanctuary from these feverish smiles, left with a mark on the door.

(Passover - I. Curtis)

22 February 2014
9.57pm
IveJustSeenAFaceo
Rishikesh
Members

Reviewers
6191sp_Permalink sp_Print

meanmistermustard said

fabfouremily said

I’d say no as it’s alive and its not the cacti’s fault you backed into it. If you don’t want it give it to someone else. I’ve always liked them personally but i’m a bit far away to take it off your hands.

Cacti have rights too you know! ahdn_ringo_09

22 February 2014
9.59pm
fabfouremily
Rishikesh
Members
6192sp_Permalink sp_Print

^ Well, they don’t, but okay. I’ll be kind to it :)

(Passover - I. Curtis)

22 February 2014
10.05pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
6193sp_Permalink sp_Print

Can you send cacti in the post? 

“Up the cacti and all that stuff”.ahdn_paul_06

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

22 February 2014
10.14pm
AppleScruffJunior
Sitting here doing nothing but procrastinating...
Apple rooftop
Reviewers

Members
Forum Posts: 7583
6194sp_Permalink sp_Print

Stop bashing the cactus, it’s not its fault that it’s all awkward. It is a bit of a prick though*

*I really need to stop making sh*t jokes a-hard-days-night-john-2 NEVER!

Maybe the poor cactus just felt lonely

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRM5IoQ6a-sSVAMonN_US45BHB5CcBZ3ULaIYYzmwQyjBOfCp_dImage Enlarger

But seeing as it attacked your backside maybe it’s a pervy cactus. Threaten it with a hose maybe?
I SWEAR TO GOD, I WILL DROWN YOU!!!
That’ll teach it a lesson, bloody cacti thinking they own the place

INTROVERTS UNITE! Separately....in your own homes!

Make Love, Not Wardrobes!

"Stop throwing jelly beans at me"- George Harrison

22 February 2014
10.23pm
fabfouremily
Rishikesh
Members
6195sp_Permalink sp_Print

Who said anything about bashing it?? What kind of violent maniac do you think I am? I just have really itchy legs now, and I feel uncomfortable and grumpy:( I’m going to have to have another shower before bed.

He probably was just lonely. All my other plants are away from him, so I suppose he had nobody to talk to.

(Passover - I. Curtis)

22 February 2014
10.30pm
AppleScruffJunior
Apple rooftop
Reviewers

Members
6196sp_Permalink sp_Print

And there’s the problem, I hear cacti like geraniums.

Does anyone here plant vegetables? I’ve always been fond of root crops but I only started to grow last summer. I happen to think the cauliflower more beautiful than the rose. I think the carrot infinitely more fascinating than the geranium, to be honest

22 February 2014
10.36pm
fabfouremily
Rishikesh
Members
6197sp_Permalink sp_Print

I grow chillies, tomatoes occasionaly and lots of different herbs. I have tried courgettes too but it didn’t work very well. There’s nothing better than eating something you’ve grown yourself. And no nasty pesticides, either.

(Passover - I. Curtis)

22 February 2014
10.43pm
AppleScruffJunior
Apple rooftop
Reviewers

Members
6198sp_Permalink sp_Print

I can not stand tomatoes, in a sauce fine but raw they are the most vilest things known to man (you can add cucumber to that list too). I was staying with a French lady before and she was all into making me eat French cuisine (which is fine by me) and she brought out cucumbers covered in some white sauce. I had to force some down to look like a courteous guest and after about 5 minutes shot off to the bathroom to empty the contents of my stomach…good times

So lesson learned, don’t give me cucumbers or tomatoes- anything else I will probably eat. That and mmmm chilies, I grow potatoes in a wee bag but they always turn out ridiculously small (I blame them for not being actually planted in proper ground but anyhoo).  

22 February 2014
10.49pm
fabfouremily
Rishikesh
Members
6199sp_Permalink sp_Print

Often the smaller the veg, the bigger the taste, so I wouldn’t worry about that. The only reason potatoes you get in shops are as big as they are is that they’re pumped full of chemicals or water. I’d take the organic, smaller ones any day.

(Passover - I. Curtis)

22 February 2014
11.12pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
6200sp_Permalink sp_Print

Ahh Genetically Modified Vegetables. What fun days those will be when, after 3 decades of eating portions of dark green carrots, pointy apples and heptagonal mushrooms a day, scientists will discover that whilst they are extending our lives for so long that we spend the remaining 25 1/2 years stuck in a hell-hole being told we are a drain to society and too poor to afford milk, they are also the cause of our blood being bright yellow, toes replacing our ears, and being unable to poop so have to have it yanked out of us every 7 hours. 

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2859
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5509
Newest Members:
frankc, viv@nelsontraining.co.uk, bornhairyman, frankkilmore123@gmail.com, onlyanorthernsong
Moderators: Joe: 5691, meanmistermustard: 24950, Ahhh Girl: 22213, Beatlebug: 18181, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5691