Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
The "Incredibly Impossible to Derail This Thread" thread
31 December 2013
7.36pm
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 12534
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
5421sp_Permalink sp_Print

Ooh, shite! Ordered myself a Chinese, had a driver driving up and down the wrong road asking me where I was. Stupid barsteward kept driving up and down the wrong, but parallel, road. Kept trying to tell him, wouldn’t hear he was on the wrong road. Cold. Standing edge of road shivering. Gave up!

Went back inside, ringing the Chinese to see if they can direct him. They can, he turns up outside, eventually. I go out to pick it up. Go to go back inside. No keys. Feck! Feck! Feck! Try a couple of buzzers. No response.

Luckily, three lovely young ladies came out, letting me in, my door was still on the latch, and my keys were on the sofa – obviously from when I’d stomped back in to ring the Chinese to direct stupid diver.

Phew! Pulavar!

"I only said we were bigger than Rod... and now there's all this!" Ron Nasty

To @ Ron Nasty it's @ mja6758
The Beatles Bible 2020 non-Canon Poll Part One: 1958-1963 and Part Two: 1964-August 1966

31 December 2013
8.06pm
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 22213
5422sp_Permalink sp_Print

Poor, mja. Hope the night gets better for you.

31 December 2013
8.29pm
WETSRoosa
Mountains of East Tennessee
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1097
5423sp_Permalink sp_Print

mja6758 said
Ooh, shite! Ordered myself a Chinese, had a driver driving up and down the wrong road asking me where I was. Stupid barsteward kept driving up and down the wrong, but parallel, road. Kept trying to tell him, wouldn’t hear he was on the wrong road. Cold. Standing edge of road shivering. Gave up!

Went back inside, ringing the Chinese to see if they can direct him. They can, he turns up outside, eventually. I go out to pick it up. Go to go back inside. No keys. Feck! Feck! Feck! Try a couple of buzzers. No response.

Luckily, three lovely young ladies came out, letting me in, my door was still on the latch, and my keys were on the sofa – obviously from when I’d stomped back in to ring the Chinese to direct stupid diver.

Phew! Pulavar!

Sounds like you’re ready for the cider now. Look at it this way: it’s your last rough day of 2013, and 2014 is nothing but bright days ahead. a-hard-days-night-george-10

"There's no such thing as bad student... only bad teacher."

31 December 2013
10.14pm
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers

I just slipped on the sand the road crews put down during the ice storm. Ouch. My elbow hurts.blue-meanie

Which reminds me…Linde how are you after the tumble you took?

31 December 2013
11.15pm
AppleScruffJunior
Sitting here doing nothing but procrastinating...
Apple rooftop
Reviewers

Members
Forum Posts: 7583
5425sp_Permalink sp_Print

I watched Graham Norton for nearly an hour, waiting for Monty Python to come on and they eventually do come on….for 2 minutes, yeah thanks for wasting my f***ing time blue-meanie

INTROVERTS UNITE! Separately....in your own homes!

Make Love, Not Wardrobes!

"Stop throwing jelly beans at me"- George Harrison

1 January 2014
12.18am
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24950
5426sp_Permalink sp_Print

AppleScruffJunior said
I watched Graham Norton for nearly an hour, waiting for Monty Python to come on and they eventually do come on….for 2 minutes, yeah thanks for wasting my f***ing time blue-meanie

I taped that and was about to watch it for Monty Python. Thanks for not wasting mine.apple01heart

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

1 January 2014
12.29am
AppleScruffJunior
Apple rooftop
Reviewers

Members
5427sp_Permalink sp_Print

Here is their appearance on Graham Norton,

All that’s missing is a short montage of their famous sketches at the beginning and a foot stomping on them at the end .

By any chance has anyone got/is going to get tickets for their reunion concerts?

1 January 2014
12.37am
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
5428sp_Permalink sp_Print

AppleScruffJunior said
Here is their appearance on Graham Norton,

All that’s missing is a short montage of their famous sketches at the beginning and a foot stomping on them at the end .

By any chance has anyone got/is going to get tickets for their reunion concerts?

Thanks for the link.

The idea appeals but then the cost becomes apparent and i don’t see the point. Same for when Still Game was announced as coming back to the stage, £45 didn’t seem worth it. 

According to this ticket website the cheapest one available is £69.99 – add in admin costs, travel, accommodation, food & drink etc and it’s gets damn expensive. 

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

1 January 2014
9.59am
fabfouremily
Sitting in an English garden
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 2929
5429sp_Permalink sp_Print

One of my teachers got a ticket for her and her husband. It’s just so expensive, though. I can only imagine the really big fans going.

Moving along in our God given ways, safety is sat by the fire/Sanctuary from these feverish smiles, left with a mark on the door.

(Passover - I. Curtis)

1 January 2014
12.34pm
Linde
The Netherlands
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 2781
5430sp_Permalink sp_Print

Ahhh Girl said
I just slipped on the sand the road crews put down during the ice storm. Ouch. My elbow hurts.blue-meanie

Thanks for asking! I’m alright, the skin of my elbow and my wrist are still a bit rough, but my butt is pretty much alright now. And I can walk like a normal person again, hurrah!

I hope you’re alright as well!

1 January 2014
8.20pm
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
5431sp_Permalink sp_Print

Linde said

Ahhh Girl said

Thanks for asking! I’m alright, the skin of my elbow and my wrist are still a bit rough, but my butt is pretty much alright now. And I can walk like a normal person again, hurrah!

I hope you’re alright as well!

Glad you are mending and walking well. My elbow is fine this afternoon. I have a few muscles that are a bit sore from impact. I’ll be fine.

2 January 2014
9.12pm
AppleScruffJunior
Apple rooftop
Reviewers

Members
5432sp_Permalink sp_Print

I thought I would post these to make ye all laugh, probably some of the most badly-researched videos on the lads I have ever seen. Even my brother who knows a bit about The Beatles was laughing. Somebody needs to tell Mary she is adopted a-hard-days-night-george-10

I am jealous of Ringo’s childhood..

The following people thank AppleScruffJunior for this post:

Starr Shine?

2 January 2014
9.23pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
5433sp_Permalink sp_Print

AppleScruffJunior said
I thought I would post these to make ye all laugh, probably some of the most badly-researched videos on the lads I have ever seen. Even my brother who knows a bit about The Beatles was laughing. Somebody needs to tell Mary she is adopted a-hard-days-night-george-10

I am jealous of Ringo’s childhood..

So is Ringo going by that profile. Surely George had the best upbringing?

2 January 2014
9.29pm
AppleScruffJunior
Apple rooftop
Reviewers

Members
5434sp_Permalink sp_Print

^^^ Exactly, George’s childhood was sound, his parents didn’t get divorced, none of his immediate family died but hell Ringo spent a hell of a lot of time in hospital as a child could barely read/spell by the time he was a teenager, his father left his mother. I guess (according to that watchmojo one) that Ringo’s childhood was better :/ (We need a rolling-eyes emoticon)

2 January 2014
10.06pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
5435sp_Permalink sp_Print

AppleScruffJunior said
^^^ Exactly, George’s childhood was sound, his parents didn’t get divorced, none of his immediate family died but hell Ringo spent a hell of a lot of time in hospital as a child could barely read/spell by the time he was a teenager, his father left his mother. I guess (according to that watchmojo one) that Ringo’s childhood was better :/ (We need a rolling-eyes emoticon)

And Richie nearly died at least once. Surely that outweighs nearly everything else outside of a parent actually dying!?

And All Things Must Pass the LP in 1971? You don’t even have to open wiki to get that correct just enter it into a google search, press return and bam! “Release Date November 27, 1970” appears on the right hand side of the screen. 

2 January 2014
10.23pm
AppleScruffJunior
Apple rooftop
Reviewers

Members
5436sp_Permalink sp_Print

I pity poor Mary and Paul’s Aunt Millie the most, plus who knew the Dakota was a hotel?
:P

3 January 2014
12.01am
Linde
The Netherlands
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 2781
5437sp_Permalink sp_Print

I just watched Nowhere Boy for the first time, because for a long time I was a bit wary. It was..okay. John was hot, but they at least could’ve used brown contact lenses. And wtf, those people who played Paul and George ddn’t look like them AT ALL. And of course some things didn’t happen. But I guess that if you don’t know it, you don’t notice.

3 January 2014
12.56am
trcanberra
Oz
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 6064
5438sp_Permalink sp_Print

An update on my listening saga – I’m up to 1969 now – Get Back -Naked is next of the Beatles group stuff, though there is a lot of early solo stuff in the mix as well.  I just listened to Wonderwall; Two Virgins and The Family Way arrived a few days ago so I need a quick backtrack for them.  Then it is on to Abbey Road , Electronic Sound , The Wedding Album , Live Peace In Toronto , and Let it Be.

Then Beatles solo by way of Anthology 3 , Past Masters and the DVD of the mini-documentaries.

==> trcanberra and hongkonglady - Together even when not (married for those not in the know!) <==

3 January 2014
2.18am
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
5439sp_Permalink sp_Print

I can’t remember if you posted your thought on LIBN. If you haven’t done so already there is a whole thread on the topic, let us know what you think.

Does anyone have any idea what a cup represents in cooking? I am seeing recipes listing a cup of flour, 1 1/2 cups of sugar, how am i meant to know what measurement that is? It’s like saying a spoonful of sugar, what type of spoon?

I am so glad yesterday was over.

3 January 2014
2.38am
trcanberra
Oz
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 6064
5440sp_Permalink sp_Print

^ whatever size spoonful of sugar will help the medicine go down …

Yes, will add my thoughts on the Let it Be once I have spun it a couple of times.

==> trcanberra and hongkonglady - Together even when not (married for those not in the know!) <==

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online: Sea Belt
Guest(s) 1
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2859
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5510
Newest Members:
frankc, viv@nelsontraining.co.uk, bornhairyman, frankkilmore123@gmail.com, onlyanorthernsong
Moderators: Joe: 5691, meanmistermustard: 24950, Ahhh Girl: 22213, Beatlebug: 18181, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5691