Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
The "Incredibly Impossible to Derail This Thread" thread
18 December 2013
4.31pm
Zig
The Toppermost of the Poppermost
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 9832
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
5361sp_Permalink sp_Print

wetsroosa said
I think I’ve derailed the thread that’s impossible to derail.

This might be the accomplishment of my career. If nothing else, I’ve done the unthinkable.

Impossible.

To the fountain of perpetual mirth, let it roll for all its worth. And all the children boogie.

18 December 2013
6.21pm
AppleScruffJunior
Sitting here doing nothing but procrastinating...
Apple rooftop
Reviewers

Members
Forum Posts: 7583
5362sp_Permalink sp_Print

^^ Indeed, I started it with my sex-book talk a-hard-days-night-george-10 So I derailed the thread :P

INTROVERTS UNITE! Separately....in your own homes!

Make Love, Not Wardrobes!

"Stop throwing jelly beans at me"- George Harrison

18 December 2013
9.27pm
WETSRoosa
Mountains of East Tennessee
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1097

Ahhh Girl said

wetsroosa said

meanmistermustard said

wetsroosa said

meanmistermustard said

Ahhh Girl said

IveJustSeenAFaceo said

Ahhh Girl said
I’m confused. The first mmm quote/response to ASJ has the Beatles Years bolded as a very good book that is well worth reading.
The second time, when IveJustSeenAFaceo quotes mmm’s quote of ASJ, the bolded title has changed. I don’t think mmm changed his bolding. I guess you changed which title was bolded, IveJustSeenAFaceo? If so, perhaps you can edit your post and quote ASJ directly (w/o mmm’s bolding/comments) so everything will be clear as to who said what. Not a big deal really, but it might clear up some confusion.
Oh, and ASJ, I don’t think you are joking. :-)

I changed the bolding to make the joke that the Kama Sutra was a good book that was well worth the read. I’ll fix it though.

Thank you. I don’t think the forum could have handled a mental image of mmm with a well worn copy of Kama Sutra on his bedside table after all the other posts this weekend.ahdn_paul_02 paul-mccartney
…or even a copy he checked out from a library… :-)

I have never read, bought or borrowed a copy of the Kama Sutra.a-hard-days-night-john-1 Just like to clarify. Now please can everyone remove those images in your heads.

Neither have I, but I have seen the movie. Slow, tepid movie, but the women are nice to look at. And usually undressed.

Hey, I was 17 when I saw it, give me a break. a-hard-days-night-george-10

There is a movie of the Kama Sutra!? Wouldn’t that would have been rated 18? I think we might just have to report you.

As IveJustSeenaFaceo pointed out, in the US to see a “R” rated movie, it’s encouraged but not mandatory to bring an adult. NC-17 is supposed to be stricter, but I assure you it’s not. (I think Kama Sutra fell in the Unrated category, and I looked older than 17, so there ya go.) Besides, this movie was in 1996, so statue of limitations and all. 

Besides, this is the same kid who taped every hour of the Playboy Channel upon discovering his parents forgot to add that channel to “block” when we first got our satellite dish the size of Texas. (Took my folks a week to discover their error, and by that point, I had 8 VHS tapes worth.) So really, Kama Sutra is a drop in a very polluted ocean. stuart-sutcliffe

We will call that “a budding interest in a media career.”

Well, I work in media now, so it worked. a-hard-days-night-george-10

And Zig, NOTHING is impossible. Nobody commented for 2 days… I consider that a derailing. Either they were stunned by my admission or they were too disturbed to comment on it. For TWO DAYS. So it’s a derailing, albeit a temporary one, anyway you wish to slice it. brian-epstein

"There's no such thing as bad student... only bad teacher."

18 December 2013
9.28pm
WETSRoosa
Candlestick Park
Members

AppleScruffJunior said
^^ Indeed, I started it with my sex-book talk a-hard-days-night-george-10 So I derailed the thread :P

OK, we blame you then. a-hard-days-night-ringo-15 brian-epstein

18 December 2013
10.28pm
AppleScruffJunior
Sitting here doing nothing but procrastinating...
Apple rooftop
Reviewers

Members
Forum Posts: 7583
5365sp_Permalink sp_Print

For God ‘s sake will everyone stop quoting the extremely long post!

INTROVERTS UNITE! Separately....in your own homes!

Make Love, Not Wardrobes!

"Stop throwing jelly beans at me"- George Harrison

19 December 2013
3.29am
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 22222
5366sp_Permalink sp_Print

Why, oh, why do we always wait until the day before my mom is going to arrive to clean the house to white glove specs? Well, at least we have it down like clockwork now so we can be ready on a day’s notice.

Mom doesn’t require me to clean so absolutely thoroughly, but I like to have the place spic-and-span for her arrival. She only gets to come out here one to three times a year.

19 December 2013
3.43am
trcanberra
Oz
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 6064
5367sp_Permalink sp_Print

Ahhh Girl said
Why, oh, why do we always wait until the day before my mom is going to arrive to clean the house to white glove specs? Well, at least we have it down like clockwork now so we can be ready on a day’s notice.

Mom doesn’t require me to clean so absolutely thoroughly, but I like to have the place spic-and-span for her arrival. She only gets to come out here one to three times a year.

My brother is coming down from Brisbane a couple of days after Christmas – my task is to try and clear room so that he can make it to the spare bed without stepping on stuff the females have clogged the house up with.  The three of them are like bad examples of one of those hoarding shows.

My mum was going to come too but she doesn’t get on well with Mrs tr and there was some crazy bad karma on the phones over the last day or so and seems that is off for now.

Another reason I dislike the holidays – everyone seems in such crazy moods over them.

==> trcanberra and hongkonglady - Together even when not (married for those not in the know!) <==

19 December 2013
4.35am
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
5368sp_Permalink sp_Print

trcanberra said

Ahhh Girl said

My brother is coming down from Brisbane a couple of days after Christmas – my task is to try and clear room so that he can make it to the spare bed without stepping on stuff the females have clogged the house up with.  The three of them are like bad examples of one of those hoarding shows.

My mum was going to come too but she doesn’t get on well with Mrs tr and there was some crazy bad karma on the phones over the last day or so and seems that is off for now.

Another reason I dislike the holidays – everyone seems in such crazy moods over them.

I have to get along with my mother-in-law. She lives across the street from us. Everyday while hubster and I are at work, she comes over to take care of the dog, and she does our dishes and laundry. She also cooks once or twice a week for us. Yes, go ahead and say it, I’m spoiled. How else do you think I have so much time, usually, to spend on the forum?

We are one big happy family for the most part. I’ve learned how to not get uptight about the interactions between my mom and my mother-in-law. I think they grew up on separate planets. Their outlook on so many things — oh, my, can we say polar opposites. But, we all do have some really good laughs together.

The house isn’t quite that bad as the situation you describe. Perhaps a dog toy or chew stick that sneaks up under your feet. Hubby is so kind to do the really deep cleaning that I ask of him before her arrival. He’s even quit moaning about it in the past few years.This time, he actually jumped in and started without me even prompting him. Finally got him trained ahdn_george_07.

19 December 2013
4.39am
Dear Prudence
Coming down fast but miles above you.
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1134
5369sp_Permalink sp_Print

Wow, so many new members… I miss this place.

The following people thank Dear Prudence for this post:

Starr Shine?

Dear Prudence

Giving you quality -Facepalms- , since August 7, 2010.

19 December 2013
5.16am
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
5370sp_Permalink sp_Print

Dear Prudence said

I’ve seen your name here and there and hoped I would get a chance to meet and greet you on the forum. Hope you jump back in here with us as your time permits.

19 December 2013
9.14am
fabfouremily
Sitting in an English garden
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 2929
5371sp_Permalink sp_Print

Dear Prudence said

Nice to see you’ve re-joined us. Hope you stick around a bit apple01

Moving along in our God given ways, safety is sat by the fire/Sanctuary from these feverish smiles, left with a mark on the door.

(Passover - I. Curtis)

19 December 2013
11.15am
WETSRoosa
Candlestick Park
Members
5372sp_Permalink sp_Print

Ahhh Girl said

One thing we don’t have to worry about this year: getting everything ready for my parents. They will white-glove the place. You haven’t lived till you’ve been through my old man’s car inspection. If there’s a hash brown underneath the seat that you forgot about, or a drop of soda on the dashboard, forget it. 

19 December 2013
12.23pm
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
5373sp_Permalink sp_Print

I’m so glad the Paulettes have our PMs for our darling PM.

19 December 2013
1.03pm
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24964

Ahhh Girl said

So are the rest of us going on the basis that what is PM’d is a more open expression of the shared likings towards Paul.a-hard-days-night-paul-4apple01

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

19 December 2013
1.26pm
fabfouremily
Sitting in an English garden
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 2929
5375sp_Permalink sp_Print

More open!? Hmmm…. No, I’m not gonna go there :D

Moving along in our God given ways, safety is sat by the fire/Sanctuary from these feverish smiles, left with a mark on the door.

(Passover - I. Curtis)

19 December 2013
1.39pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators

fabfouremily said
More open!? Hmmm…. No, I’m not gonna go there :D

I have no idea where you are not going and have no desire to know. 

head-in-the-sand.jpgImage Enlarger

hum_custom-b6c6972566e616e994e8e57f1e8a3c96f5357b37-s6-c30.jpgImage Enlarger

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

19 December 2013
2.26pm
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers

meanmistermustard said

Ahhh Girl said

So are the rest of us going on the basis that what is PM’d is a more open expression of the shared likings towards Paul.a-hard-days-night-paul-4apple01

I do believe that is a sincere, heart-felt thank-you. You are quite welcome, sir.

You are welcome, too, Emily. :-)

19 December 2013
2.53pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators

Ahhh Girl said

meanmistermustard said

Ahhh Girl said

I do believe that is a sincere, heart-felt thank-you. You are quite welcome, sir.

You are welcome, too, Emily. :-)

No problems. PM’s are a wonderful thing.heart

Yeay, just what the world needs, there is a new Elvis compilation on the market. Was having withdrawal symptoms for a minute.

22 December 2013
2.09am
Flaming Pie
A Beginning
Members
Forum Posts: 4
5379sp_Permalink sp_Print

I know this doesn’t really have to do with this post, well a little bit. I’m a huge Beatles fan and I’ve recently been looking at some Illuminati videos on YouTube saying they were apart of it. What do you guys think? Some things are so convincing with the different signs they did and what not. Also, Paul seems to hang around with the A-list major Illuminati people of today (Jay-Z, Beyonce, and countless other stars). It makes me sort of sad, you know? I just wish all the Beatles were together and put on a secluded island away from today’s artists.

22 December 2013
2.20am
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators

Flaming Pie said
I know this doesn’t really have to do with this post, well a little bit. I’m a huge Beatles fan and I’ve recently been looking at some Illuminati videos on YouTube saying they were apart of it. What do you guys think? Some things are so convincing with the different signs they did and what not. Also, Paul seems to hang around with the A-list major Illuminati people of today (Jay-Z, Beyonce, and countless other stars). It makes me sort of sad, you know? I just wish all the Beatles were together and put on a secluded island away from today’s artists.

I’m not up to date with the modern world; what are “illuminati videos” and who are saying they are part of what on youtube? (I feel like a deaf old man – “What!? Who did what?! Illuminations? People are watching videos of illuminations on who’s tube?”)

Beatles music should be around todays music as otherwise less people would hear it and it couldn’t continue to influence, inspire, and be enjoyed (or despised) by others, which is the whole point of music. Placing it away from other artists, no matter who, defeats the point. 

Welcome to the site by the way.

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online: LucyInTheSkyWithHackneyDiamonds
Guest(s) 1
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2858
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5519
Newest Members:
katybphoto, sleeptalker, Lovethebeatles, vtrop, nickygrangery
Moderators: Joe: 5694, meanmistermustard: 24964, Ahhh Girl: 22221, Beatlebug: 18182, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5694