Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
The "Incredibly Impossible to Derail This Thread" thread
15 December 2013
10.02pm
AppleScruffJunior
Sitting here doing nothing but procrastinating...
Apple rooftop
Reviewers

Members
Forum Posts: 7583
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
5341sp_Permalink sp_Print

‘The Beatles and Ireland’ by Michael Lynch

‘The Beatles Years: Volume 2 After The Breakup 1970-2001 by Keith Badman (great surname, eh?)

‘The Beatles’ Shadow: Stuart Sutcliffe’s Lonely Hearts Club’ by Pauline Sutcliffe

And ‘The Kama Sutra’….I may be joking about that one, you decide a-hard-days-night-john-7

If all of them transactions go on well then I will definitely order more books, probably about Brian brian-epstein because I have never read a book on him

INTROVERTS UNITE! Separately....in your own homes!

Make Love, Not Wardrobes!

"Stop throwing jelly beans at me"- George Harrison

15 December 2013
10.19pm
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24964
5342sp_Permalink sp_Print

AppleScruffJunior said

‘The Beatles Years: Volume 2 After The Breakup 1970-2001 by Keith Badman (great surname, eh?)

‘The Beatles’ Shadow: Stuart Sutcliffe’s Lonely Hearts Club’ by Pauline Sutcliffe

And ‘The Kama Sutra’….I may be joking about that one, you decide a-hard-days-night-john-7

If all of them transactions go on well then I will definitely order more books, probably about Brian brian-epstein because I have never read a book on him

Very good book. Well worth reading.

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

16 December 2013
12.49am
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 22221

wetsroosa said

Ahhh Girl said
a-hard-days-night-ringo-8 That video right after the Dylan song about John = a few tears.

*shakes off sentimental feelings*

Have any of you found your birth year word?

OED birthday word generator: which words originated in your birth year?

Hubby’s is the word Beatlesque :-) heart

I got “gasp.”a-hard-days-night-ringo-6

Mine is “bagsy.” Really. ahdn_paul_01

That word just will not do for a V.I.P.

Here are some other choices that could have been made for your year.

improv — intranet — karaoke — veg

So someone could take one of mmm’s chill pills and veg with you.

16 December 2013
2.47am
IveJustSeenAFaceo
Arrived Somewhere (But Not Here)
Rishikesh
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 2842

AppleScruffJunior said

The Beatles Years: Volume 2 After The Breakup 1970-2001 by Keith Badman (great surname, eh?)

Very good book. Well worth reading.ahdn_ringo_09

Oh, and my word is “fauxhawk”

(This signature brought to you by Net Boy and Net Girl. Putting messages in modems since 1996.)

16 December 2013
3.10am
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers

I’m confused. The first mmm quote/response to ASJ has the Beatles Years bolded as a very good book that is well worth reading.

The second time, when IveJustSeenAFaceo quotes mmm’s quote of ASJ, the bolded title has changed. I don’t think mmm changed his bolding. I guess you changed which title was bolded, IveJustSeenAFaceo? If so, perhaps you can edit your post and quote ASJ directly (w/o mmm’s bolding/comments) so everything will be clear as to who said what. Not a big deal really, but it might clear up some confusion.

Oh, and ASJ, I don’t think you are joking. :-)

16 December 2013
3.10am
WETSRoosa
Mountains of East Tennessee
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1097
5346sp_Permalink sp_Print

Ahhh Girl said

wetsroosa said

Ahhh Girl said
a-hard-days-night-ringo-8 That video right after the Dylan song about John = a few tears.

*shakes off sentimental feelings*

Have any of you found your birth year word?

OED birthday word generator: which words originated in your birth year?

Hubby’s is the word Beatlesque :-) heart

I got “gasp.”a-hard-days-night-ringo-6

Mine is “bagsy.” Really. ahdn_paul_01

That word just will not do for a V.I.P.

Here are some other choices that could have been made for your year.

improv — intranet — karaoke — veg

So someone could take one of mmm’s chill pills and veg with you.

If by V.I.P. you mean Very Idiotic Person, then yes I am a V.I.P. mal-evans

Other choices for my year: fluffer (hey there, Ron Jeremy!), e-mail, deal breaker… 

"There's no such thing as bad student... only bad teacher."

16 December 2013
3.30am
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 12534

Mine was “mockney”… Maybe it’s because I’m a Londoner…

Oh, and very naughty with the “Gav is gone”, ASJ! And I was going to console you by telling you how, when I was 6 or 7, we lost our pet turkey – Gobbles – just a few weeks before Christmas. We went to school one day and Gobbles was running around the garden as he had been for months, but when we got home Gobbles was just gone. Our parents told us Gobbles must have found a way out of the garden somehow.

I suppose the good thing is that he didn’t have to witness us tucking into one of his relations on Christmas Day…

"I only said we were bigger than Rod... and now there's all this!" Ron Nasty

To @ Ron Nasty it's @ mja6758
The Beatles Bible 2020 non-Canon Poll Part One: 1958-1963 and Part Two: 1964-August 1966

16 December 2013
3.31am
IveJustSeenAFaceo
Rishikesh
Members

Reviewers
5348sp_Permalink sp_Print

Ahhh Girl said
I’m confused. The first mmm quote/response to ASJ has the Beatles Years bolded as a very good book that is well worth reading.

The second time, when IveJustSeenAFaceo quotes mmm’s quote of ASJ, the bolded title has changed. I don’t think mmm changed his bolding. I guess you changed which title was bolded, IveJustSeenAFaceo? If so, perhaps you can edit your post and quote ASJ directly (w/o mmm’s bolding/comments) so everything will be clear as to who said what. Not a big deal really, but it might clear up some confusion.

I changed the bolding to make the joke that the Kama Sutra was a good book that was well worth the read. I’ll fix it though.

(This signature brought to you by Net Boy and Net Girl. Putting messages in modems since 1996.)

16 December 2013
11.55am
Zig
The Toppermost of the Poppermost
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 9832
5349sp_Permalink sp_Print

AppleScruffJunior said
^^^ My puppy Gavin died on Christmas Day from heartburn, I can’t believe Gav is gone

I’ll let myself out

A three-legged dog walked in to an old Western saloon and said, “I’m looking for the man who shot my pa(w)”.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v…..3cKBRQ9l6g

To the fountain of perpetual mirth, let it roll for all its worth. And all the children boogie.

16 December 2013
1.04pm
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers

IveJustSeenAFaceo said

Ahhh Girl said

I changed the bolding to make the joke that the Kama Sutra was a good book that was well worth the read. I’ll fix it though.

Thank you. I don’t think the forum could have handled a mental image of mmm with a well worn copy of Kama Sutra on his bedside table after all the other posts this weekend.ahdn_paul_02 paul-mccartney

…or even a copy he checked out from a library… :-)

16 December 2013
1.11pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators

Ahhh Girl said

IveJustSeenAFaceo said

Ahhh Girl said

Thank you. I don’t think the forum could have handled a mental image of mmm with a well worn copy of Kama Sutra on his bedside table after all the other posts this weekend.ahdn_paul_02 paul-mccartney

I have never read, bought or borrowed a copy of the Kama Sutra.a-hard-days-night-john-1 Just like to clarify. Now please can everyone remove those images in your heads.

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

16 December 2013
6.42pm
Linde
The Netherlands
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 2781
5352sp_Permalink sp_Print

My word is ”dadrock”.

Awesomesauce.

16 December 2013
7.32pm
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers

Zig said

AppleScruffJunior said
^^^ My puppy Gavin died on Christmas Day from heartburn, I can’t believe Gav is gone

I’ll let myself out

A three-legged dog walked in to an old Western saloon and said, “I’m looking for the man who shot my pa(w)”.

Thank you, Zig. We will take a talking dog over a dead one any day.

@Linde…I admit I’m going to have to look that one up. I’ve never heard of it.

16 December 2013
9.42pm
WETSRoosa
Candlestick Park
Members
5354sp_Permalink sp_Print

meanmistermustard said

Ahhh Girl said

IveJustSeenAFaceo said

Ahhh Girl said

I have never read, bought or borrowed a copy of the Kama Sutra.a-hard-days-night-john-1 Just like to clarify. Now please can everyone remove those images in your heads.

Neither have I, but I have seen the movie. Slow, tepid movie, but the women are nice to look at. And usually undressed.

Hey, I was 17 when I saw it, give me a break. a-hard-days-night-george-10

17 December 2013
12.11am
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
5355sp_Permalink sp_Print

wetsroosa said

meanmistermustard said

Ahhh Girl said

IveJustSeenAFaceo said

Ahhh Girl said

Neither have I, but I have seen the movie. Slow, tepid movie, but the women are nice to look at. And usually undressed.

There is a movie of the Kama Sutra!? Wouldn’t that would have been rated 18? I think we might just have to report you.

17 December 2013
12.18am
IveJustSeenAFaceo
Rishikesh
Members

Reviewers

Well, don’t know where wetroosa’s from, but in the US, you only need to be 17 to get into R movies without an adult. 

Edit: Oh, and 81 is how many posts I had when the rollback happened. I’d be up to 99.

17 December 2013
1.22am
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers

IveJustSeenAFaceo said
Well, don’t know where wetroosa’s from, but in the US, you only need to be 17 to get into R movies without an adult. 

Edit: Oh, and 81 is how many posts I had when the rollback happened. I’d be up to 99.

I wonder if the same age ranges were applicable when wetsroosa was 17. I’m not saying you are old, wetsroosa, I just can’t recall when all the ratings things happened. I can’t call you old. I’m just one year away from being old enough that I could have been your babysitter when your parents needed a break.

John and Paul were way beyond just reading the Kama Sutra or watching the movie by the time they were 17. Let’s not hide our heads in the sand over that fact. If they did read the Kama Sutra, would we say that it was their first “eastern” influence?

17 December 2013
1.56am
WETSRoosa
Candlestick Park
Members
5358sp_Permalink sp_Print

meanmistermustard said

wetsroosa said

meanmistermustard said

Ahhh Girl said

IveJustSeenAFaceo said

Ahhh Girl said

There is a movie of the Kama Sutra!? Wouldn’t that would have been rated 18? I think we might just have to report you.

As IveJustSeenaFaceo pointed out, in the US to see a “R” rated movie, it’s encouraged but not mandatory to bring an adult. NC-17 is supposed to be stricter, but I assure you it’s not. (I think Kama Sutra fell in the Unrated category, and I looked older than 17, so there ya go.) Besides, this movie was in 1996, so statue of limitations and all. 

Besides, this is the same kid who taped every hour of the Playboy Channel upon discovering his parents forgot to add that channel to “block” when we first got our satellite dish the size of Texas. (Took my folks a week to discover their error, and by that point, I had 8 VHS tapes worth.) So really, Kama Sutra is a drop in a very polluted ocean. stuart-sutcliffe

18 December 2013
2.49pm
WETSRoosa
Candlestick Park
Members
5359sp_Permalink sp_Print

I think I’ve derailed the thread that’s impossible to derail.

This might be the accomplishment of my career. If nothing else, I’ve done the unthinkable.

Image Enlarger

18 December 2013
4.23pm
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
5360sp_Permalink sp_Print

wetsroosa said

meanmistermustard said

wetsroosa said

meanmistermustard said

Ahhh Girl said

IveJustSeenAFaceo said

Ahhh Girl said

As IveJustSeenaFaceo pointed out, in the US to see a “R” rated movie, it’s encouraged but not mandatory to bring an adult. NC-17 is supposed to be stricter, but I assure you it’s not. (I think Kama Sutra fell in the Unrated category, and I looked older than 17, so there ya go.) Besides, this movie was in 1996, so statue of limitations and all. 

Besides, this is the same kid who taped every hour of the Playboy Channel upon discovering his parents forgot to add that channel to “block” when we first got our satellite dish the size of Texas. (Took my folks a week to discover their error, and by that point, I had 8 VHS tapes worth.) So really, Kama Sutra is a drop in a very polluted ocean. stuart-sutcliffe

We will call that “a budding interest in a media career.”

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2858
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5518
Newest Members:
katybphoto, sleeptalker, Lovethebeatles, vtrop, nickygrangery
Moderators: Joe: 5694, meanmistermustard: 24964, Ahhh Girl: 22221, Beatlebug: 18182, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5694