Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
The "Incredibly Impossible to Derail This Thread" thread
14 December 2013
12.56am
trcanberra
Oz
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 6064
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
5301sp_Permalink sp_Print

meanmistermustard said

trcanberra said
So – if I use my wife’s credit card to buy the US box set, do you think she would notice?  :)

I hugely doubt it but even if she did she would be so thrilled to see you have bought it that any irritation will be immediately washed away with pure undiluted pleasure.

You mean the pure undiluted pleasure she would get from thrashing me within an inch of my life?  :)

The card is sitting in front of me now – making alluring ‘spend me’ sounds – and my wife is nowhere to be seen …….

==> trcanberra and hongkonglady - Together even when not (married for those not in the know!) <==

14 December 2013
12.58am
trcanberra
Oz
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
5302sp_Permalink sp_Print

mja6758 said

trcanberra said
So – if I use my wife’s credit card to buy the US box set, do you think she would notice?  :)

Maybe if, after you’ve done it, you re-boot your wife as we’ve done with the site, you’ll get a three-day earlier version that knows nothing of the transaction!

Ooh – that sounds like a plan!!

This roll-back has really got you running on a heightened plane of consciousness :)

==> trcanberra and hongkonglady - Together even when not (married for those not in the know!) <==

14 December 2013
2.05am
trcanberra
Oz
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
5303sp_Permalink sp_Print

meanmistermustard said

trcanberra said

I hugely doubt it but even if she did she would be so thrilled to see you have bought it that any irritation will be immediately washed away with pure undiluted pleasure.

The deed is done!!

If I go missing unexpectedly for a while you will know I am just recovering in the hospital :)

14 December 2013
2.16am
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 22213

Ahhh Girl said

I got “Wings At The Speed Of Sound ” today.  The collection grows. Happiness.

trcanberra said

Ah nice, mine is still ‘on the way’ from Amazon UK, along with Wild Life ; they are the last 2 I need to have my ‘core’ collection complete.

Ahhh Girl said

Sally G!!! Now that’s gettin’ back to my raisin’!! Thank you for that one , Paul!!!

Sally G is easily an overlooked Macca gem. And if talking about bonus tracks and Wings At The Speed Of Sound how friggin’ fantastic is Walking In The Park With Eloise! It’s just the most perfect old style band song.

meanmistermustard said

Sally G is easily an overlooked Macca gem. And if talking about bonus tracks and Wings At The Speed Of Sound how friggin’ fantastic is Walking In The Park With Eloise! It’s just the most perfect old style band song.

OK. I wanted to keep this conversation so I did my best to reconstruct it from the copy/paste job I did to try to save it.

And, yes, Walking In The Park With Eloise is awesome.

14 December 2013
2.23am
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
5305sp_Permalink sp_Print

Ahhh Girl said
I forgot to log off last night. So if you saw me logged on and wondered, I didn’t really stay up all night reading the BB forum.

wetsroosa said

Yeah, right.

Ahhh Girl said

bahahahah

Perhaps I was sleep reading? I have needed extra caffeine this morning. Though, I’m not sure I could embarrass myself (causing a spike in indulgence sales) more with sleep typing than I do with fully conscious typing.   Ahhh Girl takes over my brain when I log in.

Again, another post I wanted to save that was nixed in the site difficulties of late. Hope I’m not getting arrows thrown at me for reposting some things I want to keep.

14 December 2013
3.13am
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
5306sp_Permalink sp_Print

trcanberra said

meanmistermustard said

trcanberra said

The deed is done!!

If I go missing unexpectedly for a while you will know I am just recovering in the hospital :)

Oh my. I hope she doesn’t break your typing fingers. We would miss you.

14 December 2013
3.25am
trcanberra
Oz
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
5307sp_Permalink sp_Print

Ahhh Girl said

trcanberra said

meanmistermustard said

trcanberra said

The deed is done!!

Oh my. I hope she doesn’t break your typing fingers. We would miss you.

Nah – I can potentially earn money from typing – more likely to be legs or something else that is non-essential :)

14 December 2013
3.59am
WETSRoosa
Mountains of East Tennessee
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1097
5308sp_Permalink sp_Print

trcanberra said

meanmistermustard said

trcanberra said

You mean the pure undiluted pleasure she would get from thrashing me within an inch of my life?  :)

The card is sitting in front of me now – making alluring ‘spend me’ sounds – and my wife is nowhere to be seen …….

My wife has actually offered to buy the US box set for me, but I said to get the Capitol Albums Vol. 2 set instead (because I want that duophonic echo, dammit!) and I’ll buy the other albums from the new box set (Revolver  US style, Yesterday and Today) individually when they go on sale. 

"There's no such thing as bad student... only bad teacher."

14 December 2013
11.36am
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24950

Those folks who saved posts before those 72 hours vanished:

Is that a normal thing?

Do you have folders on your computer filled with posts from here?

Are there scrapbooks with posts printed out and nicely ordered?

Is this the new way of backing up the forum, we all are to save posts in case there is another rollback? Was there a PM sent round from on-high?

Trcanberra and wetsroosa, remember that a Beatles US Album Box is for playing and not just for sticking on a shelf and looking at. Too many Beatles boxes are bought as gifts at christmas and get left collecting dust as people play other material. 

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

14 December 2013
2.14pm
WETSRoosa
Candlestick Park
Members

meanmistermustard said

Is that a normal thing?

Is this the new way of backing up the forum, we all are to save posts in case there is another rollback? Was there a PM sent round from on-high?

Trcanberra and wetsroosa, remember that a Beatles US Album Box is for playing and not just for sticking on a shelf and looking at. Too many Beatles boxes are bought as gifts at christmas and get left collecting dust as people play other material. 

What makes you think I don’t? I’ve gotten great mileage out of my US albums both for my show and for my own listening enjoyment. As stated on here somewhere else, I’ve actually gone to those albums more than the “official” albums as of late.

14 December 2013
2.18pm
WETSRoosa
Candlestick Park
Members
5311sp_Permalink sp_Print

wetsroosa said

meanmistermustard said

Is that a normal thing?

I’ve gotten great mileage out of my US albums both for my show and for my own listening enjoyment. As stated on here somewhere else, I’ve actually gone to those albums more than the “official” albums as of late. Trust me, as frugal as we are (and have to be), I wouldn’t plunk down God knows how much this box set would cost (let’s safely assume around $200 US dollars as a bare minimum) and not get my money’s worth out of it.

14 December 2013
3.48pm
parlance
Slaggers
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 7111
5312sp_Permalink sp_Print

meanmistermustard said

Is that a normal thing?

Haha, in my case, I saw the discussion warning us that posts would disappear, so I opened the Appreciate and George threads I’d started and selected, copied and pasted in MS Word. I should have done that with the news thread too.

parlance

Beware of sadness. It can hit you. It can hurt you. Make you sore and what is more, that is not what you are here for. - George

Check out my fan video for Paul's song "Appreciate" at Vimeo or YouTube.

14 December 2013
4.12pm
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
5313sp_Permalink sp_Print

parlance said

meanmistermustard said

Is that a normal thing?

Haha, in my case, I saw the discussion warning us that posts would disappear, so I opened the Appreciate and George threads I’d started and selected, copied and pasted in MS Word. I should have done that with the news thread too.

parlance

I did the same thing with the conversations I wanted to keep.

I looked at the wayback machine to see which pages of the BB have been archived & which dates. I’ve only ever looked at the site. Last night I actually clicked on a link in the site to archive the BB forum page I was looking at. I’m not exactly sure how the site fully works.

check out this page:

http://web.archive.org/web/*/b…..sbible.com

http://beatlesbible.com

Saved 89 times between September 20, 2008 and October 14, 2013.

14 December 2013
6.34pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
5314sp_Permalink sp_Print

Ahhh Girl said

parlance said

meanmistermustard said

Is that a normal thing?

parlance

I did the same thing with the conversations I wanted to keep.

I looked at the wayback machine to see which pages of the BB have been archived & which dates. I’ve only ever looked at the site. Last night I actually clicked on a link in the site to archive the BB forum page I was looking at. I’m not exactly sure how the site fully works.

check out this page:

http://web.archive.org/web/*/b…..sbible.com

http://beatlesbible.com

Saved 89 times between September 20, 2008 and October 14, 2013.

Ah, well that’s better than keeping a BB scrapbook. 

Wetsroosa, my comment on the boxes was based on the message that a pet isnt just for christmas but for all time. Good to hear you will play the box tho.

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

14 December 2013
9.25pm
AppleScruffJunior
Sitting here doing nothing but procrastinating...
Apple rooftop
Reviewers

Members
Forum Posts: 7583
5315sp_Permalink sp_Print

^^^ My puppy Gavin died on Christmas Day from heartburn, I can’t believe Gav is gone

I’ll let myself out

INTROVERTS UNITE! Separately....in your own homes!

Make Love, Not Wardrobes!

"Stop throwing jelly beans at me"- George Harrison

14 December 2013
9.30pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators

I like my iTunes library being in chronological order when it comes to artist compilations; it makes everything nice, you can see progression and change in the artist’s work and there is more cohesion when listening. I’ve done with nearly all artists, however i have come to Elvis. Putting everything of Elvis’s into date order is a major pain and incredibly tiresome and i don’t think spending 45 days doing so is worth it. And the official compilations do not help by the labels shoving it on without thought and with few helpful notes: a biography is no use no matter if its 2 pages or a flippin’ tome equal to Tune In.

Seriously you look at The Beatles and you sigh at the lack of releases; you look at Elvis and want to run away screaming because of the amount of releases and lack of care in how it is done.a-hard-days-night-paul-3

14 December 2013
10.03pm
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 12534
5317sp_Permalink sp_Print

Sorry about Gav, ASJ. You have my sympathy! heart

"I only said we were bigger than Rod... and now there's all this!" Ron Nasty

To @ Ron Nasty it's @ mja6758
The Beatles Bible 2020 non-Canon Poll Part One: 1958-1963 and Part Two: 1964-August 1966

14 December 2013
10.43pm
trcanberra
Oz
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
5318sp_Permalink sp_Print

meanmistermustard said
[SNIP]

Cheers mmm.  No worries on that front, I am not really into collecting for its own sake; these are being bought for the stuff I don’t have (soundtrack music and mono mixes primarily) and will get at least the 2 listens that I give all my CDs.  The new running orders and listening to them without that awful ‘vocal on one side drums on the other’ mix will keep it all fresh for me.

14 December 2013
10.45pm
trcanberra
Oz
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
5319sp_Permalink sp_Print

parlance said

meanmistermustard said

Is that a normal thing?

parlance

You see – that is really evil!!  Those of us who took the opportunity to get up to some major mischief in the mistaken belief that no one would have any evidence of what we did are now just waiting for the lawsuits to come :)

14 December 2013
11.22pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators

trcanberra said

parlance said

meanmistermustard said

Is that a normal thing?

parlance

You see – that is really evil!!  Those of us who took the opportunity to get up to some major mischief in the mistaken belief that no one would have any evidence of what we did are now just waiting for the lawsuits to come :)

I hope you all learn that causing mischief is very wrong and can come back to bite your behind. As sang John “now Junior, behave yourself”.a-hard-days-night-john-5All involved should go into a darkened, quiet room and think about what you have done.a-hard-days-night-paul-3ahdn_paul_01a-hard-days-night-ringo-15

Sorry to hear about your puppy ASJ, always horrible and heartbreaking having a family pet pass away. I just hope Gavin didn’t suffer any pain. heart

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online: Richard
Guest(s) 1
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2859
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5510
Newest Members:
frankc, viv@nelsontraining.co.uk, bornhairyman, frankkilmore123@gmail.com, onlyanorthernsong
Moderators: Joe: 5691, meanmistermustard: 24950, Ahhh Girl: 22213, Beatlebug: 18181, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5691