Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
The "Incredibly Impossible to Derail This Thread" thread
17 November 2013
4.52pm
parlance
Slaggers
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 7111
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
5121sp_Permalink sp_Print

Sounds like you had a nice outing, Emily

Ahhh Girl said
I wasn’t in a big hurry so I took my time reading the Paul McCartney special issue of Rolling Stone while slowly savoring my meal.

You got it! :-D

I brought home a kitten yesterday, so apologies in advance if any strange messages suddenly appear, as she’s quite a rambunctious kitty and likes the laptop. The bummer is that my older cat is in defensive mode, and keeps hissing at her. It’s to be expected, and at least most of the time her ears aren’t pulled back when she does it. But it’s quite strange as she’s an ordinarily sweet kitty. She picked up the bad habit because the cat before her did the same. But she’s been very lonely since that cat passed, so I was hoping a new companion would raise her spirits. Right now, they’re sleeping in separate rooms. Hopefully they’ll adjust soon.

parlance

Beware of sadness. It can hit you. It can hurt you. Make you sore and what is more, that is not what you are here for. - George

Check out my fan video for Paul's song "Appreciate" at Vimeo or YouTube.

17 November 2013
5.00pm
fabfouremily
Sitting in an English garden
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 2929
5122sp_Permalink sp_Print

^ Yeah, I did, thanks

I keep asking my mom if we can get another cat, but she’s not keen on the idea. I’m trying to think of more reasons to give her; at the moment I’ve said that he/she´ll keep me company when I’m on my own (which I am a lot) and that we’d be saving a poor stray’s life. She says that I’ll be leaving soon, though, and then she’ll be left with it. I suppose she does have a point there. I miss having a little friend who keeps you warm but doesn’t argue with you :(

Hope your moggies get on well with each other :)

Moving along in our God given ways, safety is sat by the fire/Sanctuary from these feverish smiles, left with a mark on the door.

(Passover - I. Curtis)

17 November 2013
5.26pm
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24950
5123sp_Permalink sp_Print

When we got our second cat (to reduce the chance Field mice will take over the house as the other cat is very old) they didnt get on and neither did he or the dog but now they just ignore each other unless one of the three tries to steal food then all you hear are hisses. So hopefully they will find peace and harmony between and with each other.

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

17 November 2013
5.57pm
parlance
Slaggers
Apple rooftop
Members
5124sp_Permalink sp_Print

Thanks, you two. Moggies – I like that.

I’m weaning the little one on our boys now, with Breakfast with The Beatles playing Live At The BBC Vol. 2 this week. The older one’s already used to it. :-)

parlance

Beware of sadness. It can hit you. It can hurt you. Make you sore and what is more, that is not what you are here for. - George

18 November 2013
2.57pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
5125sp_Permalink sp_Print

November 22nd 1963 was some day. 

With The Beatles was released in the UK.

JFK was assassinated in Dallas, Texas

and just now found out that C.S. Lewis, one of the greatest authors ever, died. 

Some day.

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

18 November 2013
4.18pm
AppleScruffJunior
Sitting here doing nothing but procrastinating...
Apple rooftop
Reviewers

Members
Forum Posts: 7583
5126sp_Permalink sp_Print

Somebody should ask Lewisohn on the Q&A tonight if he knows who sang the “Ahhhhs” on ADITL, if he doesn’t know then we can dismiss the case forever and accept that it was John. I would do it only I’m on my phone and the registration for that website is annoying

INTROVERTS UNITE! Separately....in your own homes!

Make Love, Not Wardrobes!

"Stop throwing jelly beans at me"- George Harrison

18 November 2013
6.48pm
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 22212

Beatles music is being used by atheists in church-like meetings.

Quote from the article:

During the service, attendees stomped their feet, clapped their hands and cheered as Jones and Evans led the group through rousing renditions of “Lean on Me,” Here Comes The Sun and other hits that took the place of gospel songs.

18 November 2013
9.35pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
5128sp_Permalink sp_Print

This instragram blog is so damn cute. One of the many pictures that make you smile and go “ahhh”.heart

mom photographs son and puppy napping theoandbeauImage Enlarger

18 November 2013
9.50pm
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
5129sp_Permalink sp_Print

My colleagues and I just sent in our revised paper and tables to the technical services journal of the American Library Association. We addressed all the comments the reviewers made on our original submission. Crossing our fingers now that they accept our revision and publish our paper.

18 November 2013
10.15pm
parlance
Slaggers
Apple rooftop
Members
5130sp_Permalink sp_Print

Ahhh Girl said
My colleagues and I just sent in our revised paper and tables to the technical services journal of the American Library Association. We addressed all the comments the reviewers made on our original submission. Crossing our fingers now that they accept our revision and publish our paper.

Best of luck!

parlance

18 November 2013
10.24pm
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
5131sp_Permalink sp_Print

parlance said

Ahhh Girl said

Best of luck!

parlance

Thanks! I hope we get an acceptance letter by December 15, the day my promotion portfolio goes to higher administration.

19 November 2013
12.36pm
fabfouremily
Rishikesh
Members
5132sp_Permalink sp_Print

Good luck, Ahh Girl! My fingers are crossed for you apple01apple01

Moving along in our God given ways, safety is sat by the fire/Sanctuary from these feverish smiles, left with a mark on the door.

(Passover - I. Curtis)

19 November 2013
2.46pm
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
5133sp_Permalink sp_Print

fabfouremily said
Good luck, Ahh Girl! My fingers are crossed for you apple01apple01

Thanks, Emily.

Hope you have reconstructed the files you had snatched from you.

19 November 2013
3.38pm
fabfouremily
Rishikesh
Members
5134sp_Permalink sp_Print

^^ I’m getting there, thanks :)

(Passover - I. Curtis)

19 November 2013
4.53pm
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 12534

Sorry you’ve been having a crap time, Emily. People suck! Whoever the barsteward was, hopefully karma will repay tenfold. Good to hear you’re getting through redoing what you had already done. Always a drag having to do something you thought was done!

Ahhh Girl, good luck on your paper, and crossed-fingers it’s accepted by the 15th. Would definitely be another feather in your boa!

Well, I started a blog yesterday. Still trying to work it out, but hopefully some of you will press the button and drop by for a visit. I’ve only had two visitors so far! Still, one was historian and author Kate Williams, who I have occasional twitter exchanges with, and she liked it – which is good! Even if she is only being polite. I may be asking some of you experienced bloggers a few questions as I go along!

"I only said we were bigger than Rod... and now there's all this!" Ron Nasty

To @ Ron Nasty it's @ mja6758
The Beatles Bible 2020 non-Canon Poll Part One: 1958-1963 and Part Two: 1964-August 1966

19 November 2013
6.05pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
5136sp_Permalink sp_Print

mja6758 said

Well, I started a blog yesterday. Still trying to work it out, but hopefully some of you will press the button and drop by for a visit. I’ve only had two visitors so far! Still, one was historian and author Kate Williams, who I have occasional twitter exchanges with, and she liked it – which is good! Even if she is only being polite. I may be asking some of you experienced bloggers a few questions as I go along!

Can you post the link to the blog as guessing the right name and address might take some time.

19 November 2013
6.40pm
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers

meanmistermustard said

mja6758 said

Can you post the link to the blog as guessing the right name and address might take some time.

I see the button on the bottom of mja’s profile box on the left of his message.

I really like the layout. Very classy.

19 November 2013
7.58pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
5138sp_Permalink sp_Print

Scotland just beat Norway 1-0 in one of the biggest smash and grabs ever. We were truly dire.a-hard-days-night-john-1a-hard-days-night-john-6heart

19 November 2013
9.24pm
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 12534
5139sp_Permalink sp_Print

The five surviving members of Monty Python are reuniting for a stage show, Terry Jones has confirmed to the BBC. They will hold a press conference on Thursday to give further details.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/ente…..s-24999401

"I only said we were bigger than Rod... and now there's all this!" Ron Nasty

To @ Ron Nasty it's @ mja6758
The Beatles Bible 2020 non-Canon Poll Part One: 1958-1963 and Part Two: 1964-August 1966

19 November 2013
9.48pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
5140sp_Permalink sp_Print

mja6758 said
The five surviving members of Monty Python are reuniting for a stage show, Terry Jones has confirmed to the BBC. They will hold a press conference on Thursday to give further details.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/ente…..s-24999401

Still Game did this first, Python just copying their idea.

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online: kelicopter, Timpetus
Guest(s) 1
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2859
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5510
Newest Members:
frankc, viv@nelsontraining.co.uk, bornhairyman, frankkilmore123@gmail.com, onlyanorthernsong
Moderators: Joe: 5691, meanmistermustard: 24950, Ahhh Girl: 22212, Beatlebug: 18181, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5691