Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
The "Incredibly Impossible to Derail This Thread" thread
11 November 2013
9.19pm
parlance
Slaggers
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 7111
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
5081sp_Permalink sp_Print

mja6758 said

wetsroosa said
I found it interesting that he actually let his kids try chicken once to see for themselves. That certainly goes against the “Veggie or else” stance that some on here feel Paul gives off.

Though, of course, his response might have been different had they not disliked the chicken dish, but started jumping up and down declaring that they loved meat, and they wanted meat all the time, and to try lots of different kinds.

Good point. Even if they did like it, it sounds like their mother was a good cook, though, and that probably helped counter what they were missing. I often tell my friend who hosts the orphan Thanksgiving dinner I go to that if she cooked all my meals, I’d go vegan. :-)

parlance

Beware of sadness. It can hit you. It can hurt you. Make you sore and what is more, that is not what you are here for. - George

Check out my fan video for Paul's song "Appreciate" at Vimeo or YouTube.

12 November 2013
1.36am
WETSRoosa
Mountains of East Tennessee
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1097
5082sp_Permalink sp_Print

mja6758 said

wetsroosa said
I found it interesting that he actually let his kids try chicken once to see for themselves. That certainly goes against the “Veggie or else” stance that some on here feel Paul gives off.

Though, of course, his response might have been different had they not disliked the chicken dish, but started jumping up and down declaring that they loved meat, and they wanted meat all the time, and to try lots of different kinds.

Perhaps, but perhaps not. Kids are weird like that sometimes. For instance, my wife and I HATE meat loaf, but we let our son try it and he loves it, so much so that my mother-in-law knows what to make him when he visits their house.

"There's no such thing as bad student... only bad teacher."

12 November 2013
4.04am
LongHairedLady
coming in through the bathroom window
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 2098
5083sp_Permalink sp_Print

mja6758 said

wetsroosa said

I would do the same with my kids.  I get guff from people about this mentality:  If I have children I will raise them off vegetarian… but once they were old enough to make those decisions I would let them try meat and then eat it if they like it..  but I would want them to know where it comes from.  It may sound harsh, but it’s the truth and I would want them to know before they ate it.

I have been a vegetarian for 5 years now, and a couple of years ago my husband decided to go veggie as well.  I didn’t push him into it (despite what his parents believed ahdn_paul_01).  He came to it completely on his own.  Living with me was a big influence, though I didn’t try to make him change.  He understood why I was doing it and was always really open to talking about it.  a-hard-days-night-john-1

"Please don't bring your banjo back, I know where it's been..  I wasn't hardly gone a day, when it became the scene..  Banjos!  Banjos!  All the time, I can't forget that tune..  and if I ever see another banjo, I'm going out and buy a big balloon!"

12 November 2013
2.16pm
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 22213
5084sp_Permalink sp_Print

It’s 11/12/13, well for those who write the month first anyway.

We can celebrate this combination again next month with those who put the day first.

12 November 2013
2.39pm
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24950
5085sp_Permalink sp_Print

a-hard-days-night-ringo-8 Add in the time and it was 09:10 on 11/12/13 and then later 11/12/13 and 14:15.

Surprised this doesn’t mean the end of all civilisation in some ancient book.

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

12 November 2013
2.53pm
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
5086sp_Permalink sp_Print

meanmistermustard said
a-hard-days-night-ringo-8 Add in the time and it was 09:10 on 11/12/13 and then later 11/12/13 and 14:15.

It probably was on one of those scrolls in the library at Alexandria that was ransacked.

mmm, you might be interested in this story about Treasure Island that came to my email today.

12 November 2013
3.14pm
WETSRoosa
Candlestick Park
Members
5087sp_Permalink sp_Print

meanmistermustard said

If William Hung didn’t signal the end of civilization, no numbers game is going to do it.

Image Enlarger

12 November 2013
3.16pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
5088sp_Permalink sp_Print

wetsroosa said

meanmistermustard said

If William Hung didn’t signal the end of civilization, no numbers game is going to do it.

Image Enlarger

Who’s William Hung?

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

12 November 2013
3.23pm
WETSRoosa
Candlestick Park
Members
5089sp_Permalink sp_Print

meanmistermustard said

wetsroosa said

meanmistermustard said

Image Enlarger

Who’s William Hung?

A really bad singer (and I mean REALLY BAD… dude sounds like a seal getting assaulted) who tried out for American Idol back in its more popular years and was rejected right out of the gate. Yet he caught on because mainstream America has no taste and actually had a little run at stardom. Thankfully, he went back to the hole he came from.

12 November 2013
3.40pm
parlance
Slaggers
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 7111
5090sp_Permalink sp_Print

wetsroosa said

A really bad singer (and I mean REALLY BAD… dude sounds like a seal getting assaulted) who tried out for American Idol back in its more popular years and was rejected right out of the gate. Yet he caught on because mainstream America has no taste and actually had a little run at stardom. Thankfully, he went back to the hole he came from.

I think it was less a case of legitimate bad taste and more “so bad it’s good” irony. Plus/ he came across as very sweet, so I think people enjoyed watching him bask in his 15 minutes. He was featured on Jimmy Kimmel in skits for a while.

parlance

Beware of sadness. It can hit you. It can hurt you. Make you sore and what is more, that is not what you are here for. - George

Check out my fan video for Paul's song "Appreciate" at Vimeo or YouTube.

12 November 2013
6.18pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
5091sp_Permalink sp_Print

Cooking is a weird experience.

All the other times i’ve followed the recipe for scones to the letter and measurement and no rise, nothing. They just sit there mocking me with their smallness. Today i mess the recipe up by adding too much milk, have  to do very rough guess corrective adjustments and what do you know, the damn things rise. I don’t whether to laugh or cry.

12 November 2013
7.39pm
AppleScruffJunior
Sitting here doing nothing but procrastinating...
Apple rooftop
Reviewers

Members
Forum Posts: 7583
5092sp_Permalink sp_Print

If it makes you feel any worse ^ Every batch of scones I have ever made were perfect a-hard-days-night-george-10 

INTROVERTS UNITE! Separately....in your own homes!

Make Love, Not Wardrobes!

"Stop throwing jelly beans at me"- George Harrison

12 November 2013
7.57pm
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 12534

Sir John Tavener, the classical composer, died today at the age of 69 following a long illness.

Two of his earliest works were released by Apple Records. The Whale was premiered at the 1969 Proms, and recorded and released by Apple the following year. Ringo was one of the “speakers” on the recording. The following year Apple released Celtic Requiem.

John and Ringo were both great fans of his work, and he was considered one of the most important modern classical composers, and is perhaps best known because of his compositions for the funeral of Diana, Princess of Wales.

"I only said we were bigger than Rod... and now there's all this!" Ron Nasty

To @ Ron Nasty it's @ mja6758
The Beatles Bible 2020 non-Canon Poll Part One: 1958-1963 and Part Two: 1964-August 1966

12 November 2013
8.21pm
Zig
The Toppermost of the Poppermost
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 9832
5094sp_Permalink sp_Print

meanmistermustard said 

Who’s William Hung?

A fair and just question if William was an executioner.

To the fountain of perpetual mirth, let it roll for all its worth. And all the children boogie.

12 November 2013
9.03pm
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
5095sp_Permalink sp_Print

Zig said

meanmistermustard said 
Who’s William Hung?

A fair and just question if William was an executioner.

hahahaha.

When people are sending out all their “I’m thankful fors” this month, I keep thinking that I’m thankful I’ve never had to be an executioner (hanging, guillotine, firing squad, electric chair, lethal injection, etc.)

Last year I said that I was thankful I wasn’t a second or lower class passenger on the Titanic.

12 November 2013
9.36pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
5096sp_Permalink sp_Print

I’d rather be the executioner than executionee,

Yes i would.

If i could, i surely would.

The following people thank meanmistermustard for this post:

Starr Shine?

12 November 2013
11.43pm
AppleScruffJunior
Sitting here doing nothing but procrastinating...
Apple rooftop
Reviewers

Members
Forum Posts: 7583
5097sp_Permalink sp_Print

Does anyone here have the Anthology Director’s Cut DVDs? And if so; what do ye think about them?

I’ve been looking at them on the internet but I don’t think mam will let me buy bootlegs for €40+ a-hard-days-night-george-10 They are meant to be worth it purely for George’s comments alone but what do the rest of y’all think?

INTROVERTS UNITE! Separately....in your own homes!

Make Love, Not Wardrobes!

"Stop throwing jelly beans at me"- George Harrison

13 November 2013
12.02am
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators

They were up on youtube a few years back and were really good, in some ways better than the official anthology as some interviews were more frank than what were released, unused video clips, a few topics that weren’t included in the other, plus there were a few bits of music (eg the discarded “ummm” from the end of A Day In The Life ) in there. 

I’d never suggest paying anything for bootlegs as you are basically paying someone for what isn’t their’s in the first place (and is technically illegal) .

14 November 2013
3.08am
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
5099sp_Permalink sp_Print

I looked at the bottom of the page and noticed that our newest member’s “stage name” is ILovePaulMcCartney. I graciously welcome you!

15 November 2013
7.26pm
fabfouremily
Sitting in an English garden
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 2929
5100sp_Permalink sp_Print

Anyone have any ideas on what to do when you’ve had the week from hell, and you know next week will be pretty much the same, and you’re dreading it? I know we’re only at Friday night, but last Sunday I put off going to bed ’till I couldn’t keep my eyes open any more, just wanting to deny that the new week is nigh, and that didn’t work. Want to try something else this week – ha!

How’s all the other biblers tonight?

Moving along in our God given ways, safety is sat by the fire/Sanctuary from these feverish smiles, left with a mark on the door.

(Passover - I. Curtis)

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online: Joe, Mr. Moonlight
Guest(s) 1
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2859
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5509
Newest Members:
frankc, viv@nelsontraining.co.uk, bornhairyman, frankkilmore123@gmail.com, onlyanorthernsong
Moderators: Joe: 5691, meanmistermustard: 24950, Ahhh Girl: 22213, Beatlebug: 18181, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5691