Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
The "Incredibly Impossible to Derail This Thread" thread
9 November 2013
6.42pm
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 22221
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
5061sp_Permalink sp_Print

fabfouremily said

Ahhh Girl said
I was treated to this sunset driving home. I just had to pull over and take a picture. When I got home, hubby was saying that the local news station was talking about the sunset.

Image Enlarger

That’s stunningly beautiful. I adore the sky and sunsets like that. It’s those kind that make me sit back and cry. Thanks for sharing that with us, Ahh Girl.

It was too beautiful to keep to myself. Glad you like it.

10 November 2013
11.06pm
AppleScruffJunior
Sitting here doing nothing but procrastinating...
Apple rooftop
Reviewers

Members
Forum Posts: 7583
5062sp_Permalink sp_Print

This brought a smile to my face and a tear to my eye, a flashmob at Madrid’s unemployment offices.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v…..ata_player

Isn’t the beginning of HCTS one of the most beautiful things ever? Definitely my favourite intro of all time to a song

INTROVERTS UNITE! Separately....in your own homes!

Make Love, Not Wardrobes!

"Stop throwing jelly beans at me"- George Harrison

10 November 2013
11.46pm
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24960

a-hard-days-night-ringo-8 Beautiful.heart Love things like that, and seeing the happiness on folks faces.heart The lady leading the singing had a really nice voice.

And yes the intro to Here Comes The Sun is beautiful. I honestly can’t see how its possible to play it and not make me smile in any guise it comes. 

Thanks for that ASJ.apple01apple01

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

11 November 2013
3.48am
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
5064sp_Permalink sp_Print

My love affair with 2001 Toyota Corollas began in 2000 when I got my first one. It is silver. We have had a 2010 Corolla and now have a 2011 Corolla (I’ll tell that story another time), but I still love the ’01s. Mine has 237,000 miles on it, and hubby is afraid of me driving it too much. I found a really good red used one in Tulsa with 112,000 miles on it. The seller was asking the Kelly Blue Book price for it. We drove up and bought it today. It is in better shape than mine for sure. I might get my silver one worked on bit-by-bit and get some more life out of it. One reason I like them so much is because they fit my short 5’1″ frame. All the newer cars make me feel like I am sitting in a well.

Image Enlarger

On the way to Tulsa, I put in Ringo’s “Photograph” cd. Hubby was playing Candy Crush, but stopped and sang along to Snookeroo. He knew the song from long ago, but he didn’t realize that Ringo was the one he had heard singing it.

11 November 2013
4.41pm
Linde
The Netherlands
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 2781
5065sp_Permalink sp_Print

Done with those bloody exams.

Today was the last one, Psychology and it went absolutely terrible. It was do difficult with all these theories about the cortexes and stuff. 

I passed both Sociology and the one about groups, musical activities and communication. So that’s already 6 ECTS. Yay. For both exams we had to get 70% right in order to get a satisfactory mark (?) and I only had a 6 out of 10. Ah well, I passed. A lot of my classmates didn’t, and in the other class, only 4 people passed the Sociology exam. A lot of people also didn’t pass the second one. It was quite shocking.

Now I only have 2 exams left to get the results back of. I’m pretty sure I’ve passed one of them, but I’m afraid I might not have passed Psychology..

11 November 2013
4.59pm
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24960

Linde said
Done with those bloody exams.

Today was the last one, Psychology and it went absolutely terrible. It was do difficult with all these theories about the cortexes and stuff. 

I passed both Sociology and the one about groups, musical activities and communication. So that’s already 6 ECTS. Yay. For both exams we had to get 70% right in order to get a satisfactory mark (?) and I only had a 6 out of 10. Ah well, I passed. A lot of my classmates didn’t, and in the other class, only 4 people passed the Sociology exam. A lot of people also didn’t pass the second one. It was quite shocking.

Now I only have 2 exams left to get the results back of. I’m pretty sure I’ve passed one of them, but I’m afraid I might not have passed Psychology..

2Q==Image Enlarger

I hope you have a bit of a celebration for doing so well so far.apple01heart I’m sure you’re psychology was good as well.Z

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

11 November 2013
6.02pm
fabfouremily
Sitting in an English garden
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 2929
5067sp_Permalink sp_Print

Nice for some to be done with exams, isn’t it a-hard-days-night-paul-11 Nah, only joking I’m glad you’re doing so well. Best of luck with the Psych one. I love that subject/field, but I can definitely see why it’s hard.

LHL, I wanted to continue our discussion on the Paul and no-meat thing here as I don’t want to derail the thread. As a veggie myself, I can be biased about things like this but, as someone else pointed out (mja?), is it really fair that he bans people from consuming it if they want to see him? And about the work thing – no, nobody is going to turn paid work down, but it’s unfair that they can’t carry on with their normal diet because of that (regardless of the health benefits having a vegetarian diet may have). It’s their body, their life, and their choice. I adore Paul, and I’m passionate about vegetarianism, but it’s a human right to be able to choose what you feed yourself with, and nobody else’s. Paul is amazing, a legend, but not even he has the right to dicatate in that way IMO.

Moving along in our God given ways, safety is sat by the fire/Sanctuary from these feverish smiles, left with a mark on the door.

(Passover - I. Curtis)

11 November 2013
7.26pm
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
5068sp_Permalink sp_Print

fabfouremily said
Nice for some to be done with exams, isn’t it a-hard-days-night-paul-11 Nah, only joking I’m glad you’re doing so well. Best of luck with the Psych one. I love that subject/field, but I can definitely see why it’s hard.

LHL, I wanted to continue our discussion on the Paul and no-meat thing here as I don’t want to derail the thread. As a veggie myself, I can be biased about things like this but, as someone else pointed out (mja?), is it really fair that he bans people from consuming it if they want to see him? And about the work thing – no, nobody is going to turn paid work down, but it’s unfair that they can’t carry on with their normal diet because of that (regardless of the health benefits having a vegetarian diet may have). It’s their body, their life, and their choice. I adore Paul, and I’m passionate about vegetarianism, but it’s a human right to be able to choose what you feed yourself with, and nobody else’s. Paul is amazing, a legend, but not even he has the right to dicatate in that way IMO.

I’ll throw this into the mix: some places won’t hire people with certain “bad” habits such as smoking. That’s the one that comes to mind. Will those “bad” habits expand to other facets of life such as being overweight? or eating meat if it is seen as an unhealthy diet? Who knows where this is going.

So, yeah, Paul’s thing is part of a bigger societal question in this day and age. Interesting, but I don’t have the answer.

11 November 2013
7.57pm
parlance
Slaggers
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 7111
5069sp_Permalink sp_Print

I may be missing some information but I’m still mystified as to why Paul providing vegetarian entrees for catering means he’s dictating what people eat off the clock/when he’s not footing the bill? I admit I initially was under the impression there was a strict rule but again, I refer to the thread when we discussed this before, if the drummer is openly talks about eating meat during tour stops, it doesn’t sound like a ban. If someone’s catering, you don’t have many choices, regardless of their political alliances.

And as far as not eating meat one night that people are going to see Paul… eh. I mean, can’t you grab something before the concert?

parlance

Beware of sadness. It can hit you. It can hurt you. Make you sore and what is more, that is not what you are here for. - George

Check out my fan video for Paul's song "Appreciate" at Vimeo or YouTube.

11 November 2013
7.58pm
fabfouremily
Rishikesh
Members
5070sp_Permalink sp_Print

I was under the impression meat-eating by his crew was completely banned. Maybe I’ve misunderstood. If so, please correct me.

Moving along in our God given ways, safety is sat by the fire/Sanctuary from these feverish smiles, left with a mark on the door.

(Passover - I. Curtis)

11 November 2013
8.00pm
AppleScruffJunior
Apple rooftop
Reviewers

Members
5071sp_Permalink sp_Print

fabfouremily said

Blah I know what you’re saying Emily, Christmas exams in 2 weeks (why so early…) and they might be on the 29th as well (of all days to make me sit exams a-hard-days-night-john-7, I’ll just cry quietly at my desk then, shall I?) It’s good that I’ll get them out of the way though, I’m working at a state house every weekend after the 1st of December (don’t ask what I’m doing it’s embarrassing but hey money’s money) That also includes the 8th of December though paul-mccartney Gah life is difficult a-hard-days-night-ringo-13

11 November 2013
8.04pm
fabfouremily
Rishikesh
Members
5072sp_Permalink sp_Print

^ Yeah, I have an average of one a week until we break up. That doesn’t sound like much but the amount of stuff we’re supposed to know for each one has really knocked me back this year :(

(Passover - I. Curtis)

11 November 2013
8.04pm
parlance
Slaggers
Apple rooftop
Members

fabfouremily said
I was under the impression meat-eating by his crew was completely banned. Maybe I’ve misunderstood. If so, please correct me.

I thought so too, but after acmac mentioned that Abe talks about eating meat on tour, I now think I got that impression from sensational tabloid reports

And strict ban or no, honestly, I just wouldn’t expect Paul to provide meat options in his catering.

Edit: It reminds me of a story mentioned on the morning radio show I like that Paul has even banned faux animal prints in his dressing room in his rider, but I haven’t seen confirmation of that either. Sounded like another dramatic tabloid story.

parlance

Beware of sadness. It can hit you. It can hurt you. Make you sore and what is more, that is not what you are here for. - George

11 November 2013
8.09pm
AppleScruffJunior
Apple rooftop
Reviewers

Members
5074sp_Permalink sp_Print

fabfouremily said
^ Yeah, I have an average of one a week until we break up. That doesn’t sound like much but the amount of stuff we’re supposed to know for each one has really knocked me back this year :(

Going to see if I can give up history tomorrow, I’m learning it by myself and it’s damn near impossible for it to stay in my head. So hopefully I’ll be doing English, Irish, Maths, Geography, German, French and Business for my Leaving Cert next year. I hate school! :(

11 November 2013
8.27pm
trcanberra
Oz
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 6064
5075sp_Permalink sp_Print

AppleScruffJunior said

fabfouremily said

Going to see if I can give up history tomorrow, I’m learning it by myself and it’s damn near impossible for it to stay in my head. So hopefully I’ll be doing English, Irish, Maths, Geography, German, French and Business for my Leaving Cert next year. I hate school! :(

Hard to do I know, but at least as far as personal pressures go – don’t get too hung up on it if you can manage.  My cousin never finished school, had a break, got a job – went back later in life and has a couple of Uni degrees now.

==> trcanberra and hongkonglady - Together even when not (married for those not in the know!) <==

11 November 2013
8.34pm
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 12534

parlance said

fabfouremily said

I thought so too, but after acmac mentioned that Abe talks about eating meat on tour, I now think I got that impression from sensational tabloid reports

And strict ban or no, honestly, I just wouldn’t expect Paul to provide meat options in his catering.

Edit: It reminds me of a story mentioned on the morning radio show I like that Paul has even banned faux animal prints in his dressing room in his rider, but I haven’t seen confirmation of that either. Sounded like another dramatic tabloid story.

parlance

I was also under the same impression, and I believe it was true of his late ’80s/early ’90s tours. I’ll whisper this very quietly, but maybe it was more a Linda thing, as she became more “evangelical” about vegetarianism, and since her passing he has relaxed a bit more about it. However, he certainly does insist that crew only eat vegetarian at the venue, and has told local crew at venues that if they were not prepared to go along with that, their services would not be required.

Now, as the one who brought up the thing about it being his right to decide what he is prepared to offer as far as catering, I have no problem with that. Not allowing them to choose whether they want to use his backstage catering or bring their own alternative I’m not entirely supportive of. I think what people choose to eat should be their own choice.

I did find this Guardian interview with him about vegetarianism from 2010, where on-tour catering is discussed…

http://www.theguardian.com/mus…..etarianism

"I only said we were bigger than Rod... and now there's all this!" Ron Nasty

To @ Ron Nasty it's @ mja6758
The Beatles Bible 2020 non-Canon Poll Part One: 1958-1963 and Part Two: 1964-August 1966

11 November 2013
8.50pm
parlance
Slaggers
Apple rooftop
Members

mja6758 said

I was also under the same impression, and I believe it was true of his late ’80s/early ’90s tours. I’ll whisper this very quietly,

Haha, I like that.

but maybe it was more a Linda thing, as she became more “evangelical” about vegetarianism, and since her passing he has relaxed a bit more about it. However, he certainly does insist that crew only eat vegetarian at the venue, and has told local crew at venues that if they were not prepared to go along with that, their services would not be required.

Now, as the one who brought up the thing about it being his right to decide what he is prepared to offer as far as catering, I have no problem with that. Not allowing them to choose whether they want to use his backstage catering or bring their own alternative I’m not entirely supportive of. I think what people choose to eat should be their own choice.

I did find this Guardian interview with him about vegetarianism from 2010, where on-tour catering is discussed…

Thanks for the link, I was having a hard time finding a source.

Well, there’s this paragraph:

One of these long-time crew members, Kevin Smith, agrees. “There are usually some people at the beginning of a tour who’ll say, ‘I’m not eating that shit, I want real food.’ But Paul said, from day one, ‘Go buy your own burger, just don’t bring it back here and eat it, have respect for what we do.'”

Which, I dunno – I can understand that. He’s saying you can eat what you want, but if it’s meat, just don’t bring it to the work place. Again, I’m not a vegetarian, but I respect that level of commitment. It’s not the same as saying, “If you’re a meat-eater, I won’t hire you.”

parlance

11 November 2013
8.54pm
WETSRoosa
Mountains of East Tennessee
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1097
5078sp_Permalink sp_Print

mja6758 said

parlance said

fabfouremily said

parlance

I was also under the same impression, and I believe it was true of his late ’80s/early ’90s tours. I’ll whisper this very quietly, but maybe it was more a Linda thing, as she became more “evangelical” about vegetarianism, and since her passing he has relaxed a bit more about it. However, he certainly does insist that crew only eat vegetarian at the venue, and has told local crew at venues that if they were not prepared to go along with that, their services would not be required.

I found it interesting that he actually let his kids try chicken once to see for themselves. That certainly goes against the “Veggie or else” stance that some on here feel Paul gives off.

"There's no such thing as bad student... only bad teacher."

11 November 2013
9.06pm
fabfouremily
Rishikesh
Members
5079sp_Permalink sp_Print

Now I understand more, I’m a little more forgiving.

^^^ Yes, it’s very good he let them try meat. If I ever had children, I’d let them make their own minds up about whether it’s ethical or not.

(Passover - I. Curtis)

11 November 2013
9.07pm
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 12534
5080sp_Permalink sp_Print

wetsroosa said
I found it interesting that he actually let his kids try chicken once to see for themselves. That certainly goes against the “Veggie or else” stance that some on here feel Paul gives off.

Though, of course, his response might have been different had they not disliked the chicken dish, but started jumping up and down declaring that they loved meat, and they wanted meat all the time, and to try lots of different kinds.

"I only said we were bigger than Rod... and now there's all this!" Ron Nasty

To @ Ron Nasty it's @ mja6758
The Beatles Bible 2020 non-Canon Poll Part One: 1958-1963 and Part Two: 1964-August 1966

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online: vonbontee, Something
Guest(s) 1
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2858
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5518
Newest Members:
katybphoto, sleeptalker, Lovethebeatles, vtrop, nickygrangery
Moderators: Joe: 5694, meanmistermustard: 24960, Ahhh Girl: 22221, Beatlebug: 18182, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5694