Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
The "Incredibly Impossible to Derail This Thread" thread
7 November 2013
7.15pm
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24963
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
5041sp_Permalink sp_Print

Cliff Richard is on The One Show. Does anyone know if he wears a wig, it certainly looks like one.

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

7 November 2013
7.16pm
fabfouremily
Sitting in an English garden
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 2929
5042sp_Permalink sp_Print

I’ve always thought there was something about him that looked a bit strange. Maybe that’s it?

Moving along in our God given ways, safety is sat by the fire/Sanctuary from these feverish smiles, left with a mark on the door.

(Passover - I. Curtis)

7 November 2013
7.31pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
5043sp_Permalink sp_Print

Cliff’s currently singing Rip It Up live, it’s incredible how dull his version is.

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

7 November 2013
7.45pm
Linde
The Netherlands
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 2781
5044sp_Permalink sp_Print

fabfouremily said
I can’t be too exact because then there’s more chance I’ll be wrong (and I want to be right!) :)

No frindge, or maybe you do have one but it’s a subtle one, if you know what I mean. The kind of one (like mine) that can be styled to look like you do have one and you don’t. Don’t know if I’ve explained that very well.

Soft brown eyes? Or possibly grey. Can’t say anymore. I only have a vague image in my mind, and I keep thinking of you with cat ears and whiskers :)

Wow that fringe bit is creepy. It really is like that. Well, it was supposed to be like that. It’s quite long now. I used to have straight bangs for a long time.

You were both wrong. I’m 5’4, I have long blonde, very thick hair. I’m proud of my hair because it has so many colours in it. I have grey-greenish eyes, which I’m also proud of, because they are quite striking, apparently they are a bit like cat eyes. I have freckles, a tip-tilted nose and a good mouth. No huge lips, but still, I’ve got quite a bit of lip. I’m not very slim, but not fat either. Just normal with a bit of a flabby tummy.

7 November 2013
8.25pm
trcanberra
Oz
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 6064
5045sp_Permalink sp_Print

wetsroosa said

trcanberra said

fabfouremily said

AppleScruffJunior said
*looks down at Emily and Ahh* What’s the weather like down there?

Absolutely freezing. You know it’s surprising, the dramatic difference in the weather in those three inches a-hard-days-night-paul-11

We had frost yesterday morning and hit 30 degrees Celsius today (around 86F) – Canberra is crazy some days.

Yet by Australian Open time, it’ll be 110 degrees. At least it appears that way every day on ESPN that the tournament is on.

I really want to visit Australia one day, particularly Melbourne for the Aussie Open. 

Oh – it most likely will be, maybe even where I live – December to February can get very hot down here.

==> trcanberra and hongkonglady - Together even when not (married for those not in the know!) <==

7 November 2013
8.28pm
trcanberra
Oz
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 6064
5046sp_Permalink sp_Print

fabfouremily said
I have some close relatives near Sydney and we keep telling them we’ll go over but we never do… perhaps one day. My grandad spent six years there when he was younger and I know he loved it, so much so he would’ve moved there if his friend hadn’t let him down. Something that I’ve always found quite strange and interesting is that people go down the beach on Christmas day. Hardly the white, snowy image that that time of year usually brings to mind. :)

It’s kind of funny that we trek over to ‘the old country’ all the time and folks in the northern part of the world hardly ever seem to make it down here, but usually have a great time when they do.

I try and stay away from the heat at that time of the year so no beaches at Christmas for me.  We like having a ‘Christmas in July’ dinner when it is a bit cooler :)

==> trcanberra and hongkonglady - Together even when not (married for those not in the know!) <==

8 November 2013
12.31am
parlance
Slaggers
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 7111
5047sp_Permalink sp_Print

Linde said

You were both wrong. I’m 5’4,

I got the height thing. a-hard-days-night-george-10

parlance

Beware of sadness. It can hit you. It can hurt you. Make you sore and what is more, that is not what you are here for. - George

Check out my fan video for Paul's song "Appreciate" at Vimeo or YouTube.

8 November 2013
8.50am
fabfouremily
Rishikesh
Members
5048sp_Permalink sp_Print

Linde said

fabfouremily said
I can’t be too exact because then there’s more chance I’ll be wrong (and I want to be right!) :)

No frindge, or maybe you do have one but it’s a subtle one, if you know what I mean. The kind of one (like mine) that can be styled to look like you do have one and you don’t. Don’t know if I’ve explained that very well.

Soft brown eyes? Or possibly grey. Can’t say anymore. I only have a vague image in my mind, and I keep thinking of you with cat ears and whiskers :)

Wow that fringe bit is creepy. It really is like that. Well, it was supposed to be like that. It’s quite long now. I used to have straight bangs for a long time.

You were both wrong. I’m 5’4, I have long blonde, very thick hair. I’m proud of my hair because it has so many colours in it. I have grey-greenish eyes, which I’m also proud of, because they are quite striking, apparently they are a bit like cat eyes. I have freckles, a tip-tilted nose and a good mouth. No huge lips, but still, I’ve got quite a bit of lip. I’m not very slim, but not fat either. Just normal with a bit of a flabby tummy.

So there is a part of you that resembles a cat, then? There must have been something unconsciously telling me that, and I just thought it was because of your avatar :D

Moving along in our God given ways, safety is sat by the fire/Sanctuary from these feverish smiles, left with a mark on the door.

(Passover - I. Curtis)

8 November 2013
11.44am
Linde
The Netherlands
Rishikesh
Members
5049sp_Permalink sp_Print

Apparently. Well, people tell me so :D I think it’s more the colour and the fact my iris has quite a thick black line surrounding it that makes it look like cat eyes. Not really the shape.

My camp report:

It wasn’t crying and being confronted with yourself at all. Well, the second one kind of was..

We did some activities and had to challenge the other groups. If you won, you’d go up a step on the pyramid. There was beerpong, but you had to throw with your bad hand and there was water in it, spijkerpoepen, which I don’t know you know. You have this rope attached to you with a nail attached to that and you have to get the nail in a bottle. Then we had to build a house out of cards, but with one hand, which was impossible so we could do it with two. There was a drawing game too. One would draw something and the rest of the group had to guess what it was. The group that had the most cards guessed in 8 minutes won. We could also play soccer outside, and I would use my left leg and the other person their right leg and my right leg and her left would be attached to each other with elastic, which broke the whole time. I was very good at the beerpong thing so my group won the whole thing. We also did an estafette run, being blindfolded, which we also won. And then we had to do something with my entire class, which was forming a triangle with a rope, while being blindfolded. 

The evening/night was quite fun too. Everyone had taken booze with them and we played a drinking game with the other class called ”never have I” and that was good to get to know each other, but some things were very shocking. Some people were completely drunk and it was a bit embarrassing.  The supervising teachers went to bed early and let us be completely free, because after all, we are adults. 

Next day we had to build a model for a care center for a group of disabled people. A few were spastic, a few epileptic, a few were in a wheelchair and a few were blind. So we had to build a home for them with special facilities. No one really cared about it but we really made a model on the right scale and all and it looked really good. Then we also had to make a poster which would advertise our care center. Our home won. I was really proud.

Then we had to build a bridge of half a meter between two chairs. We had to put knives on it and the more knives it could hold, the more points. If the bridge was longer, you could also get more points. So we couldn’t really decide whether to go for weight or length and in the end it looked like shit. It was longer than half a meter though, so we got quite a few points. Then we had to play a game with both classes again. The numbers 1 til 11 and a * were laying on the ground and we got all got a number, same went for the other class. We could only walk forward or backwards and the class that had most of the people standing on the right number at the end won. At last we had to do tangram puzzles. All groups got pieces of paper in the shape of little triangles, big triangles, a small square, a weird shape and something else I’ve forgotten and had to make as many figures from a paper we got as possible. We only managed to get 2.

In the end my group ended second place. Another group passed us by with the tangram puzzles.

It wasn’t really bad but not really that much fun either. They easily could’ve done this in the gym at school. 

8 November 2013
1.04pm
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 12534
5050sp_Permalink sp_Print

So glad to hear it could have been worse! That’s always a good way to come out of the backside of something! a-hard-days-night-george-10

"I only said we were bigger than Rod... and now there's all this!" Ron Nasty

To @ Ron Nasty it's @ mja6758
The Beatles Bible 2020 non-Canon Poll Part One: 1958-1963 and Part Two: 1964-August 1966

8 November 2013
1.15pm
Linde
The Netherlands
Rishikesh
Members
5051sp_Permalink sp_Print

Yeah. And the whole surroundings were beautiful. It was a shame we didn’t really do a lot outside.

In a way we were confronted with ourselves. All these activities were focused on teamwork and you really learned who fulfilled which role in the group. That was very important to learn too, since we have to write a report about the camp and have to write about our roles as well. So what I’ve learned is how to work together, which role I fulfill and the weaknesses and strenghts of our group.

I think the worst thing about it was that there was so much time between the activities. And we had to be at the camping (it was a camping farm) at 9.15 am. We didn’t actually do anything until 12. Then we did something and again had to wait for 2 hours. It was a bit badly organised. And between the activities you couldn’t really go anywhere, because you didn’t know when the next thing was going to start.

8 November 2013
1.16pm
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
5052sp_Permalink sp_Print

Ahhh Girl said
This is why I was asking about Pecksniff’s. I bought this the other day on a whim and was wondering about the brand.

Image Enlarger

That is the shop in Brighton I was talking about. The logo’s the same as the shop sign. Very definitely high end. Their shop in Brighton (which is a coastal town within a commuter drive of London) is in quite an old, and exclusive, shopping area known as The Lanes. Brighton is one our celebrity central’s, being on the coast and with such easy access to London. Which means it has customers with lots of money.

The Beatles Bible 2020 non-Canon Poll Part One: 1958-1963 and Part Two: 1964-August 1966

8 November 2013
1.39pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
5053sp_Permalink sp_Print

mja6758 said

Ahhh Girl said
This is why I was asking about Pecksniff’s. I bought this the other day on a whim and was wondering about the brand.

Image Enlarger

That is the shop in Brighton I was talking about. The logo’s the same as the shop sign. Very definitely high end. Their shop in Brighton (which is a coastal town within a commuter drive of London) is in quite an old, and exclusive, shopping area known as The Lanes. Brighton is one our celebrity central’s, being on the coast and with such easy access to London. Which means it has customers with lots of money.

And everything is overpriced.

The Lanes are very nice to walk about, has a couple of nice pubs.

9 November 2013
12.19am
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 22221
5054sp_Permalink sp_Print

meanmistermustard said

mja6758 said

Ahhh Girl said

Image Enlarger

I must have gotten a reject. It was five bucks.

9 November 2013
12.21am
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 22221
5055sp_Permalink sp_Print

I was treated to this sunset driving home. I just had to pull over and take a picture. When I got home, hubby was saying that the local news station was talking about the sunset.

Image Enlarger

9 November 2013
12.30am
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
5056sp_Permalink sp_Print

Ahhh Girl said

meanmistermustard said

mja6758 said

Ahhh Girl said

Image Enlarger

I must have gotten a reject. It was five bucks

If it was a reject, probably just down to the label. The bottom line, from the picture, appears dodgy, the “5” definitely looks partial, the “9” doesn’t look right, and the “1” doesn’t look as bold the rest. So it probably is a second. They’re not a big enough name to fake. So I’m sure the contents are as made by them for their branded line.

9 November 2013
1.00am
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
5057sp_Permalink sp_Print

Sky News just showed a report about The Beatles vs Elvis album releases next week (Elvis has a new “Best Of”), and which would make number one, or if they’d be beaten by the young whippersnappers Lady Gaga or Eminem because of downloads.

9 November 2013
9.37am
fabfouremily
Rishikesh
Members
5058sp_Permalink sp_Print

Ahhh Girl said
I was treated to this sunset driving home. I just had to pull over and take a picture. When I got home, hubby was saying that the local news station was talking about the sunset.

Image Enlarger

That’s stunningly beautiful. I adore the sky and sunsets like that. It’s those kind that make me sit back and cry. Thanks for sharing that with us, Ahh Girl.

(Passover - I. Curtis)

9 November 2013
6.02pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
5059sp_Permalink sp_Print

mja6758 said
Sky News just showed a report about The Beatles vs Elvis album releases next week (Elvis has a new “Best Of”), and which would make number one, or if they’d be beaten by the young whippersnappers Lady Gaga or Eminem because of downloads.

Load of old media hype. No one else will be seeing this as battle between Elvis (another best of! I gripe about the amount of John compilations but they don’t come close to Elvis’s) and the Beatles or any of the newer artists. I’d be happy with a Top 10 Beatles album, #5 or above and i think it would be a good outcome.

9 November 2013
6.14pm
AppleScruffJunior
Sitting here doing nothing but procrastinating...
Apple rooftop
Reviewers

Members
Forum Posts: 7583
5060sp_Permalink sp_Print

^ Paul’s New got to #12 in Ireland, it’s currently at #94 :/ will probably be off the charts in 2 weeks time, to get #94 in Ireland you need to sell about 30 copies to be honest… #1 is 7000+ in sales. Not a very competitive market. Elvis is at #58 with a greatest hits compilation :P

INTROVERTS UNITE! Separately....in your own homes!

Make Love, Not Wardrobes!

"Stop throwing jelly beans at me"- George Harrison

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2858
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5518
Newest Members:
katybphoto, sleeptalker, Lovethebeatles, vtrop, nickygrangery
Moderators: Joe: 5694, meanmistermustard: 24963, Ahhh Girl: 22221, Beatlebug: 18182, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5694