Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
The "Incredibly Impossible to Derail This Thread" thread
3 November 2013
4.32pm
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 12534
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Sometimes you just have to wonder…

RIP Lou Reed Shirt // silver shirtImage Enlarger

It’s not difficult to check the picture!

EDIT: Oh God ! I just looked at the Wethouse site on Etsy. They’re not very good at this tee-shirt thing…

Michael Jackson Face Prince Symbol T-Shirt // black shirt white inkImage Enlarger

Michael Jackson Prince Face T-Shirt // black shirt white inkImage Enlarger

"I only said we were bigger than Rod... and now there's all this!" Ron Nasty

To @ Ron Nasty it's @ mja6758
The Beatles Bible 2020 non-Canon Poll Part One: 1958-1963 and Part Two: 1964-August 1966

3 November 2013
6.05pm
Linde
The Netherlands
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 2781
4982sp_Permalink sp_Print

LMAO!

Ah well, there are always some idiots who’ll fall for it.

3 November 2013
6.18pm
fabfouremily
Sitting in an English garden
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 2929
4983sp_Permalink sp_Print

AppleScruffJunior said
Can somebody please tell my brother that this is a crap cover

Brother, that’s a crap cover?

Will that do, Katie? :D

Actually that is really bad a-hard-days-night-ringo-14

Moving along in our God given ways, safety is sat by the fire/Sanctuary from these feverish smiles, left with a mark on the door.

(Passover - I. Curtis)

3 November 2013
9.16pm
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 22213
4984sp_Permalink sp_Print

Linde said

[snip]

Sigh. Sociology really didn’t go too well. It consisted out of 80 questions which you had to answer with either right or wrong. It was very difficult and they kind of screw us. The way they constructed the questions was very misleading.  I hope that the one I have today will go better. I have to watch a short video with a situation and there will be a case with a problem with it and then I’ll have to observe the situation and form a conclusion out of that. I have to assimilate everything in a report. It’s pretty difficult, but we have practised it multiple times and I’m quite good at it. I’m actually looking forward to it, rather than being nervous.

Do you have the results of the two exams? Hope you fared well on both.

4 November 2013
7.55am
fabfouremily
Rishikesh
Members
4985sp_Permalink sp_Print

I hate it when it seems that the teachers don’t want you to do well. I was in a Physics exam on Thursday and I sat there for ages staring at this one question, not knowing how to do it. I was getting quite uptight about it because this question was worth a large part of the total score. It’s only when someone else spoke up about it, I realised that it wasn’t just me and, no, it can’t be done. There wasn’t enough info to apply any of the forumlae we studied. Thanks for pointing that out at the start! If we haven’t got the necessary information, how are we supposed to do it?! Oh, you’re not, the teacher said. I just wanted to see if you could work that out for yourself! Thanks. That’s 30 of my 50 minute time slot taken on that one question :(

Hope your exam goes/went well, Linde. apple01

Moving along in our God given ways, safety is sat by the fire/Sanctuary from these feverish smiles, left with a mark on the door.

(Passover - I. Curtis)

4 November 2013
9.12am
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24950
4986sp_Permalink sp_Print

The teacher gave you a maths problem knowing there wasnt information and wanted you to work that out? What a waste of time! I’d have been truly peeved off at that.

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

4 November 2013
12.59pm
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
4987sp_Permalink sp_Print

In library school back in 1996, I took a class on various computer topics. One of the things we covered was DOS. Being the worry wart that I am, I was working many chapters ahead when I hit upon a situation like you described, Emily. I worked on this one page for several days thinking that I was just to dumb to figure it out. Then something clicked, and I realized that some instructions in the book had to be wrong. I went to the prof, and my suspicions were confirmed. She hadn’t even looked through the book that far yet. When the rest of the class was coming upon that chapter, she told them to see me to get instructions to complete the exercise. I was a bit miffed, but I helped everyone get through it.

4 November 2013
4.17pm
Linde
The Netherlands
Rishikesh
Members
4988sp_Permalink sp_Print

Had another exam today. Didn’t go quite as bad as I expected. And tomorrow we’re going camping. It’s one of those camps where you really get confronted with who you are. I’ve heard people call it ”cry-camp”. We’re going with another class. The fun thing is, we’re really a unity while the other class really can’t get on with each other or with us. They’re so immature, constantly laughing at us and gossiping. We actually tried to talk to them a few times and some of them are actually quite friendly, but there are some rotten apples in that class

Can’t wait to cry in front of a class of people who dislike mepaul-mccartney

4 November 2013
4.22pm
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
4989sp_Permalink sp_Print

Sounds almost like Primal Scream Therapy! Have fun!

Glad you’re happier with today’s exam.

heart

The Beatles Bible 2020 non-Canon Poll Part One: 1958-1963 and Part Two: 1964-August 1966

4 November 2013
4.28pm
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
4990sp_Permalink sp_Print

Linde, please report back what you can out of that camp. Sounds interesting.

4 November 2013
7.54pm
AppleScruffJunior
Sitting here doing nothing but procrastinating...
Apple rooftop
Reviewers

Members
Forum Posts: 7583
4991sp_Permalink sp_Print

The moustache is slowly growing :O

Anyways a (nosy) question for Emily, (I don’t quite know how to phrase this but anyways) Are you in your A-Level year/the year you do your A-Levels/however the hell you say it, curious me was wondering :P Plus I am extremely jealous of your education system, ye only have to do 3/4 subjects for your A-Levels, we have to do 7 for our Leaving Cert! Your English course is easier than ours and your GCSEs are simple a-hard-days-night-george-10 Care to adopt me for 2 years? I can make waffles a-hard-days-night-john-3Also I don’t understand your grading system a-hard-days-night-john-7

INTROVERTS UNITE! Separately....in your own homes!

Make Love, Not Wardrobes!

"Stop throwing jelly beans at me"- George Harrison

4 November 2013
8.37pm
Zig
The Toppermost of the Poppermost
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 9832
4992sp_Permalink sp_Print

mja6758 said
Sometimes you just have to wonder…

RIP Lou Reed Shirt // silver shirtImage Enlarger

It’s not difficult to check the picture!

Is that really Iggy Pop on a Lou Reed memorial T-shirt?!?!

Yikes! 

To the fountain of perpetual mirth, let it roll for all its worth. And all the children boogie.

4 November 2013
8.56pm
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24950
4993sp_Permalink sp_Print

I think the T-shirts are a joke going by the website, see here.

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

4 November 2013
9.13pm
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers

I know, like I said, I looked up the site. But what else do you do if you ordered a load of tee-shirts that you’ve got the design wrong on, but pretend the mistake is intentional to try and get rid of them?

And if the Lou memorial tee is supposed to be a joke, within hours of his death, it’s in the poorest taste.

4 November 2013
10.44pm
Linde
The Netherlands
Rishikesh
Members
4995sp_Permalink sp_Print

Someone who went on the camp last year just told me they had to climb into a tree while being blindfolded. The others of the group would give directions. It’s some sort of trust-exercise. Yikes, I’m not going to climb in anything. 

5 November 2013
2.17am
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
4996sp_Permalink sp_Print

Now I’ve seen some weird things they put The Beatles faces on in the ’60s but…

http://www.mybeatles.net/imagesmem/mothballs.jpgImage Enlarger

5 November 2013
2.27am
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
4997sp_Permalink sp_Print

mja6758 said
Now I’ve seen some weird things they put The Beatles faces on in the ’60s but…

http://www.mybeatles.net/imagesmem/mothballs.jpgImage Enlarger

That’s not even nice. They shouldn’t have done that. Pout.

5 November 2013
8.13am
fabfouremily
Rishikesh
Members

AppleScruffJunior said

Anyways a (nosy) question for Emily, (I don’t quite know how to phrase this but anyways) Are you in your A-Level year/the year you do your A-Levels/however the hell you say it, curious me was wondering :P Plus I am extremely jealous of your education system, ye only have to do 3/4 subjects for your A-Levels, we have to do 7 for our Leaving Cert! Your English course is easier than ours and your GCSEs are simple a-hard-days-night-george-10 Care to adopt me for 2 years? I can make waffles a-hard-days-night-john-3Also I don’t understand your grading system a-hard-days-night-john-7

Actually, no. I do something called Baccalaureate. I’m currently working towards my end of year exams (this year is important because I can leave if I want to), and then if I stay on I’ll do another two years. I’m doing 10 subjects this year. You can do up to 12, but I didn’t take the other two. I don’t know how it compares to Ireland, but it’s not an easy system. Most people in my class won’t graduate this year because you have to get 50% min. in all subjects. Bearing in mind that only 1/3 approx. of students stay on in the first place, and usually another 1/3 or so of them drop out before Christmas, you can see that it’s not that easy.  If you want to come over though, and we can give each other moral support, I’d be more than happy to have an adoptive sister. Mine has moved out now and I miss her like mad so you can ”pretend” to be her if you like. Her room’s hot pink and purple, will that be okay? :D Oh yeah and I love waffles. Please come!

(Passover - I. Curtis)

5 November 2013
4.41pm
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
4999sp_Permalink sp_Print

I have a Rubber Soul pinging around in me like a pinball. Slap shot off the liver for 1,000.

5 November 2013
7.30pm
AppleScruffJunior
Sitting here doing nothing but procrastinating...
Apple rooftop
Reviewers

Members
Forum Posts: 7583
5000sp_Permalink sp_Print

fabfouremily said

AppleScruffJunior said

Actually, no. I do something called Baccalaureate. I’m currently working towards my end of year exams (this year is important because I can leave if I want to), and then if I stay on I’ll do another two years. I’m doing 10 subjects this year. You can do up to 12, but I didn’t take the other two. I don’t know how it compares to Ireland, but it’s not an easy system. Most people in my class won’t graduate this year because you have to get 50% min. in all subjects. Bearing in mind that only 1/3 approx. of students stay on in the first place, and usually another 1/3 or so of them drop out before Christmas, you can see that it’s not that easy.  If you want to come over though, and we can give each other moral support, I’d be more than happy to have an adoptive sister. Mine has moved out now and I miss her like mad so you can ”pretend” to be her if you like. Her room’s hot pink and purple, will that be okay? :D Oh yeah and I love waffles. Please come!

You get a round of applause from me (I can not find a gif of the Monty Python old ladies clip….grrr this shall have to suffice )

good-job.gifImage Enlarger

I have (hopefully) 2 years of school left (this year included) if I don’t get the points that I need for university (I need 450 out of 600 points for my course) I’ll be repeating (but that’s not going to happen I am not staying another year in bloody school, bring on college I’m going to join a circus troupe a-hard-days-night-john-6 To be even more of a nosy badger, what subjects are you doing? Me, myself and I are doing English, Irish, Maths, French, German, History, Geography and Business all higher level except maths because I hate maths a-hard-days-night-paul-11  The Baccalaureate reminds me of the Leaving Cert Vocational Programme (LCVP), you get between 50-80 extra points if you pass it but it’s too much work for the majority of us feather heads a-hard-days-night-george-9

INTROVERTS UNITE! Separately....in your own homes!

Make Love, Not Wardrobes!

"Stop throwing jelly beans at me"- George Harrison

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online: Sea Belt
Guest(s) 1
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2859
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5509
Newest Members:
frankc, viv@nelsontraining.co.uk, bornhairyman, frankkilmore123@gmail.com, onlyanorthernsong
Moderators: Joe: 5691, meanmistermustard: 24950, Ahhh Girl: 22213, Beatlebug: 18181, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5691