Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
The "Incredibly Impossible to Derail This Thread" thread
22 September 2013
8.17pm
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24964
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

cbatcu said

meanmistermustard said

LadyBay said
Good luck with your wisdom tooth op. meanmistermustard  – is that tomorrow?

Hope it’s way more uneventful than the last time.

Thank you for the kind remembrance. I think I posted the wrong details last time as its the 19th of September at 10am. I am not looking forward to it for two reasons a) the noises as they remove the tooth (hearing them crack the tooth is horrific and they wont allow ipods on otherwise i’d be listening to that) and b) the recovery (before the last time almost everyone I know who has had a wisdom removed kept saying “yeah its no problem, it was fine for me, eating after a few hours” etc yet afterwards they all were telling me the issues they had). Now I know better.ahdn_paul_01a-hard-days-night-ringo-14

How are you doing, meanmistermustard?

When I had all 4 of my wisdom teeth pulled at one time, the dentist gave me some pain pills. After taking the first dose, I remember hitting the carpet in the hallway then nothing after that for 2 days. I’m not sure if I even ate during those days. I’m just glad I was at home so my mom could take care of me.

Thank you for asking cbatcu.heart

I survived tho they tried to cook me by wrapping me up in all manner of coverings and then putting a massive light right above me. I had to get them to stop and take it all away as it was roasting. Was so nervous beforehand but the surgeon and assistances were fantastic. Still, never want to go thru that again, the noises of the tooth cracking and the drill as well as the pressure they apply is horrid.

On a side note I would like to say that every time ive been in hospital, at the doctors or at the dentist the nurses, doctors, surgeons and every other member of staff have been amazing. Incredibly caring and warm along with a sense of humour, never met anyone dour or dreek. Instead of all these horror stories (and yes sadly they do occur) would be nice to occasionally hear the positives of the Health Care system and the members of staff. Some of the things and people they have to deal with… The one occasion I observed, it was amazing how none of the staff lost their temper and thumped the individual or smothered him with a pillow.

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

22 September 2013
9.28pm
Funny Paper
America
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 2080
4482sp_Permalink sp_Print

All this time, I thought humans only had two wisdom teeth…

If we have four, that means I still have two lurking inside my skull. 

At any rate, I had one pulled by an atrocious dentist who wrangled and wrenched with a monkey wrench like a scene out of a WC Fields movie.  The second wisdom tooth extraction by a different dentist was the complete opposite — the dentist was amazingly gentle and I hardly felt a thing.

Faded flowers, wait in a jar, till the evening is complete... complete... complete... complete...

22 September 2013
9.35pm
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 12534
4483sp_Permalink sp_Print

You must have two lurking, FP. It’s two in the upper jaw, and two in the lower. Which were yours that they took out? You still have the other two somewhere.

"I only said we were bigger than Rod... and now there's all this!" Ron Nasty

To @ Ron Nasty it's @ mja6758
The Beatles Bible 2020 non-Canon Poll Part One: 1958-1963 and Part Two: 1964-August 1966

22 September 2013
9.39pm
Funny Paper
America
Candlestick Park
Members
4484sp_Permalink sp_Print

mja — Well, I’ll be damned!  The two I had removed were in the upper set; so I guess I still have two left down below…

Faded flowers, wait in a jar, till the evening is complete... complete... complete... complete...

22 September 2013
9.39pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators

You can have more than 4 wisdom teeth and you don’t have to have all four. From the land that is wiki

Most adults have four wisdom teeth, but it is possible to have fewer or more, in which case the extras are called supernumerary teeth.

Isn’t the human body amazing?

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

22 September 2013
9.40pm
Funny Paper
America
Candlestick Park
Members
4486sp_Permalink sp_Print

Linde said
Wow. Really can’t keep up with this forum anymore. School is too time consuming. Hate that :(

Priorities, Linde — this forum is far more important than school work!blue-meanie

22 September 2013
9.47pm
Funny Paper
America
Candlestick Park
Members
4487sp_Permalink sp_Print

Weird, meanmustardman — imagine someone with 20 wisdom teeth!

22 September 2013
10.36pm
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 22223
4488sp_Permalink sp_Print

Today’s dental lesson is brought to you by Crest toothpaste. Let us help you take care of your pearly whites including how many ever wisdom teeth you have.

22 September 2013
11.09pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
4489sp_Permalink sp_Print

23 September 2013
12.00am
Linde
The Netherlands
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 2781

I don’t have any wisdom teeth. I’m missing a few others too. That explains a lot from all those times we got ”Teeth lessons” at primary school where we had to count all of our teeth and why I always had less teeth and was all confused. Don’t miss them though. Don’t know any better.

Never thought people would worry about me leaving this forum. But don’t worry, I won’t. I just won’t be on here as often anymore as I used to be. It’s just that I have to get up early almost every day and then have school til 4/5/6 and then either have to read 110382928437 pages for some subject or have to go to work. I can’t stay up late anymore, I’m already dead at 10 pm. I often intend to go on my laptop before sleeping but then I’m just too tired and before I know it I haven’t touched my laptop in a week.

I really don’t understand how people in the same situation are able to go out twice or three times a weekpaul-mccartneyGod , hear me talking. How old am I, 19 or 90? But really, I used to go out that much too, without problems and now I feel like some kind of elderly person.

While I’m still on here at 1 am right now? Have slept for 12 hours the past night and school only starts at 2 pm. Lucky meblue-meanie

23 September 2013
12.01am
Linde
The Netherlands
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 2781
4491sp_Permalink sp_Print

cbatcu said
Mary, mother of Paul, thank you for the gift of your son. He has done great works in this world.

AMEN SISTAH.

23 September 2013
12.07am
trcanberra
Oz
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 6064
4492sp_Permalink sp_Print

Linde said
[SNIP]

I really don’t understand how people in the same situation are able to go out twice or three times a weekpaul-mccartneyGod , hear me talking. How old am I, 19 or 90? But really, I used to go out that much too, without problems and now I feel like some kind of elderly person.

While I’m still on here at 1 am right now? Have slept for 12 hours the past night and school only starts at 2 pm. Lucky meblue-meanie

I am some kind of elderly person (not sure what kind) but luckily some of us old codgers find we need less sleep than we used to :)

And don’t worry; I’m sure that work, study and reading 10 zillion pages of academic snorefest would make anyone tired.

==> trcanberra and hongkonglady - Together even when not (married for those not in the know!) <==

23 September 2013
12.23am
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
4493sp_Permalink sp_Print

Linde said
Wow. Really can’t keep up with this forum anymore. School is too time consuming. Hate that :(

We will be here when you need us. Pop in when you can between pages of school reading.

23 September 2013
9.34pm
fabfouremily
Sitting in an English garden
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 2929
4494sp_Permalink sp_Print

Funny Paper said

Linde said

Priorities, Linde — this forum is far more important than school work!blue-meanie

:D :D Haha yeah, try explaining that to your teachers! I’m working loads more this year than last. And I’ve moved to a better school, which is much harder than I thought it would be :( I’ve left my best friend behind, that’s the hardest thing.

I know how you feel, Linde, at least to a certain extent. I’m shattered gone 9, and usually I’ve got a good few hours work left at that point. Forget exercising as well. I rarely have time now to go out for a long period of time. Anything else school wants to get in the way of? My social life died a while back (though, tbh, it was never really that alive to begin with). There’s a girl in my class who quite studies hard and goes to 1.30 hr dance class every day. Have no idea how she does that. blue-meanie

Moving along in our God given ways, safety is sat by the fire/Sanctuary from these feverish smiles, left with a mark on the door.

(Passover - I. Curtis)

23 September 2013
11.31pm
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
4495sp_Permalink sp_Print

Came across this book title just now at work:

“The last years of the English slave trade, Liverpool, 1750-1807.”

24 September 2013
5.20pm
fabfouremily
Rishikesh
Members
4496sp_Permalink sp_Print

LikeASir, I don’t know how long you’ve had your new avatar for, but I’ve only just noticed it now. Two brilliant landmark albums combined in one picture :D I love it! apple01

Moving along in our God given ways, safety is sat by the fire/Sanctuary from these feverish smiles, left with a mark on the door.

(Passover - I. Curtis)

25 September 2013
4.11pm
AppleScruffJunior
Sitting here doing nothing but procrastinating...
Apple rooftop
Reviewers

Members
Forum Posts: 7583
4497sp_Permalink sp_Print

Skin update: 2 and a half weeks have passed before I quit dairy* and good news…..I have no spots for the first time in 8 months!!! ( it’s a miracle, hallelujah praise the lord)  I also started using witch hazel on my chin, nose and forehead and that helped quite a lot I believe

* I quit all the “whole foods” that contain dairy i.e. milk, cheese, yogurt, ice-cream etc. but foods that “contained milk” or “may contain traces of milk” (such as curry powder etc.) were eaten.

I’m doing face work in December so at least I’ll look the part and not be some spotty teenager… a-hard-days-night-paul-10

INTROVERTS UNITE! Separately....in your own homes!

Make Love, Not Wardrobes!

"Stop throwing jelly beans at me"- George Harrison

25 September 2013
4.20pm
fabfouremily
Rishikesh
Members

I’ve moved your post to here Katie as it seemed more appropriate. The ‘eating’ thread has turned out to get derailed quite a bit. I know that’s where the original post is, but you should continue the conversation here, I think. apple01apple01

So, great news that your skin is so much better! Maybe I should try it. It’ll be difficult though, I already don’t eat meat and fish, and avoid bread, eggs, potatoes and general ”unhealthy” foods as much as possible. There will be nothing left I do eat at this rate!

Edit: Btw, I meant to ask. Have you noticed any side effects, like fatigue or something? Just want to work out if this is a good idea for me or not.

(Passover - I. Curtis)

26 September 2013
1.50pm
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
4499sp_Permalink sp_Print

I do not like Halloween, and my neighbors have had their Halloween decorations up for a week already.

26 September 2013
2.52pm
fabfouremily
Rishikesh
Members
4500sp_Permalink sp_Print

Already? What is it with everyone putting decorations up so long before the day. My sister works at Selfridges (department store in the UK), and she had to go into work at the weekend to get the Christmas stuff put up. It’s still September! Seems so pointless to me. It’s not just the shops though, she said she sold 65+ cards the other day. What is it with people?

(Passover - I. Curtis)

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2858
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5519
Newest Members:
katybphoto, sleeptalker, Lovethebeatles, vtrop, nickygrangery
Moderators: Joe: 5694, meanmistermustard: 24964, Ahhh Girl: 22223, Beatlebug: 18182, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5694