Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
The "Incredibly Impossible to Derail This Thread" thread
23 August 2013
5.08pm
fabfouremily
Sitting in an English garden
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 2929
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
4321sp_Permalink sp_Print

Does anybody know of any good all-round blogs that they follow? I was watching a film yesterday about a girl who writes one, and that got me thinking that I’d like to subscribe to one (or a few), but I have no idea where to start looking.

Moving along in our God given ways, safety is sat by the fire/Sanctuary from these feverish smiles, left with a mark on the door.

(Passover - I. Curtis)

23 August 2013
6.53pm
Funny Paper
America
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 2080

In my “other life” I write a blog (901 entries written, started it in 2006); but I’m not sure I’m ready to out myself here yet.blue-meanie

If you go to Blogspot, you could browse among literally thousands of blogs written by many different people of different perspectives about pretty much every subject & interest under the sun.

Faded flowers, wait in a jar, till the evening is complete... complete... complete... complete...

24 August 2013
2.31pm
fabfouremily
Rishikesh
Members
4323sp_Permalink sp_Print

^ Gah, that’s shame. I understand, though. Let me know if you ever do feel ready.

Thanks for the heads-up, I’ll go over to Blogspot now :D

Moving along in our God given ways, safety is sat by the fire/Sanctuary from these feverish smiles, left with a mark on the door.

(Passover - I. Curtis)

25 August 2013
4.45am
Funny Paper
America
Candlestick Park
Members
4324sp_Permalink sp_Print

Let us know what you find, fabfouremily.ahdn_george_08

Faded flowers, wait in a jar, till the evening is complete... complete... complete... complete...

25 August 2013
9.46am
Linde
The Netherlands
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 2781
4325sp_Permalink sp_Print

Yeah blogspot is very good, but Tumblr is sometimes good for finding blogs too. Not all Tumblr accounts are pages stuffed with pictures. Then there’s also Wordpress or Worldpress or whatever it’s called.

25 August 2013
10.43am
fabfouremily
Rishikesh
Members
4326sp_Permalink sp_Print

^ WordPress. Yeah, I’m gonna try there to.

Funny Paper said
Let us know what you find, fabfouremily.ahdn_george_08

Will do! :D

(Passover - I. Curtis)

26 August 2013
7.39pm
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24950

Britains only female Panda Tian Tian who is or isn’t pregnant. Absolutely darn-tooting adorable.heart [There really should be a thread specifically for super cute animals.]

Tian-Tian-the-female-Panda-cools-down-in-her-pool-at-Edinburgh-Zoo-1820281.jpgImage Enlarger

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQjYDKJ8mSUpT_FpgWuFrAxPV2W5zZwF_Pcpqc22uS94qjVPlf7BwImage Enlarger
9k=Image Enlarger
Tian-Tian--007.jpgImage Enlarger

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

27 August 2013
12.24am
parlance
Slaggers
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 7111
4328sp_Permalink sp_Print

We just had a panda birth in the States. All the attention is particularly amusing to me as I just finished watching Anchorman.

parlance

Beware of sadness. It can hit you. It can hurt you. Make you sore and what is more, that is not what you are here for. - George

Check out my fan video for Paul's song "Appreciate" at Vimeo or YouTube.

27 August 2013
1.46am
Little Piggy Dragonguy
Nowhere Land
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 4141
4329sp_Permalink sp_Print

meanmistermustard said  [There really should be a thread specifically for super cute animals.]

I think that’s the who’s the best looking Beatle thread.

And speaking of super cute animals, this summer I have found out probably the most exciting thing I have ever heard in my whole entire life. So you guys know how humans have songs, like The Wheels on the Bus, that every person on Earth can sing along to? DOLPHINS HAVE THAT TOO. THEY SING SONGS TOGETHER. If you thought that was exciting, though, it gets even more intense. Dolphins are so smart, they do math in their heads that is so complex, humans can’t even begin to understand it. Also, they have names for each other. Like when one dolphin calls the name of another dolphin, that dolphin responds. THEY HAVE NAMES. And when they see themselves in a mirror they make faces and go upside down and stuff. So now I really love dolphins, and that’s why I hate Sea World and all those places that make you pay so you can swim with, look at, or touch a dolphin (or any animal that’s not a human, I guess, but especially dolphins).

And, I guess like nobody knows this, because I went to Sea World this summer (unfortunately), and everybody was telling me that I was wrong, but Killer Whales are actually dolphins.

All living things must abide by the laws of the shape they inhabit 

27 August 2013
1.58am
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 12534
4330sp_Permalink sp_Print

Orcinus orca

Meerkats are another mammal with a more complicated language than we imagine, including names for individuals.

"I only said we were bigger than Rod... and now there's all this!" Ron Nasty

To @ Ron Nasty it's @ mja6758
The Beatles Bible 2020 non-Canon Poll Part One: 1958-1963 and Part Two: 1964-August 1966

27 August 2013
2.04am
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
4331sp_Permalink sp_Print

You will not get me in a zoo, sea life centre or anywhere else like that EVER!!! 

How cute are these Koala bears images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTc1SHV5e0UUBqy9UTWiEWHilbiaQje_n7VP9BHaeoJNRW8M32HImage Enlarger

9k=
? I could hug them all day.heart How on earth humans can kill animals is beyond me (yes I eat meat but I could never kill an animal).

And to give it a nice beatle link here is Macca and his other band showing why Wild Life is a darn fine album with the theme song as an example –

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

27 August 2013
2.20am
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
4332sp_Permalink sp_Print

These could have worked as a link for cute koalas and The Beatles:

http://userserve-ak.last.fm/serve/500/31136289/Paul+McCartney+Ode+To+A+Koala+Bear.jpgImage Enlarger

http://beatlephotoblog.com/photos/2012/08/122.jpg22.jpgImage Enlarger

Or how about the b-side to Say Say Say?

The Beatles Bible 2020 non-Canon Poll Part One: 1958-1963 and Part Two: 1964-August 1966

27 August 2013
2.31am
Little Piggy Dragonguy
Nowhere Land
Rishikesh
Members

Well I just had a long response but it didn’t post right so whatever.

27 August 2013
2.34am
Little Piggy Dragonguy
Nowhere Land
Rishikesh
Members
4334sp_Permalink sp_Print

mja6758 said
Orcinus orca

Meerkats are another mammal with a more complicated language than we imagine, including names for individuals.

Meerkats have names for individuals? I thought that dolphins were the only animal other than humans that we knew did this..

27 August 2013
3.24am
LadyBay
Following The Sun
London Palladium
Members
Forum Posts: 106
4335sp_Permalink sp_Print

meanmistermustard said
You will not get me in a zoo, sea life centre or anywhere else like that EVER!!! 
 I could hug them all day.heart How on earth humans can kill animals is beyond me (yes I eat meat but I could never kill an animal).

Amen to that – I hate those places, with people sitting there scoffing hot-dogs or whatever and watching animals performing silly tricks so they can be mindlessly entertained.

Koalas are a beautiful looking animal but you might change your mind about hugging them all day – they scratch and bite!

"Try to realise it's all within yourself - no-one else can make you change"

27 August 2013
4.08pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
4336sp_Permalink sp_Print

a-hard-days-night-ringo-8 True about Koala’s, same goes for Lions, Tiger’s, Polar Bears, Kangeroo’s, Gorilla’s and so so many animals: super cute but might eat you alive/claw you to death when their stomach rumbles or just get bored.

28 August 2013
12.18am
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers

It looks as if in the next days the West will strike Syria for its use of chemical weapons. I am undecided. What permission do we give to despots who would do this to innocent children, women and men if we stand back and do nothing? What do we do if Assad goes full out because he doesn’t see he has anything more to lose? I know what I think should be done. I know how ugly politics make things. It is a sad day when we do not defend our neighbours, and the world is so small we are all neighbours.

28 August 2013
11.06am
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
4338sp_Permalink sp_Print

I don’t know what should be done over Syria. Whilst its wrong to sit back and watch a government kill its own people I find it hard to reach the conclusion that armed retaliation is the answer. Do we want to annoy Russia? What happens if Syria hits out elsewhere in the Middle East in retaliation for our and the US’s actions? Yet there is every chance these chemical attacks will be repeated if nothing is done and its just more words (I find the UN useless with endless statements that amount to “please don’t do that again or we’ll send you a signed postit note in the mail next time”).

“All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.” – Edmund Burke

28 August 2013
10.46pm
Linde
The Netherlands
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 2781
4339sp_Permalink sp_Print

On a lighter note, university, or graduate school. or whatever it is in English, google confuses me, has started for me. Going to study Social Work and the past few days were an introduction in which you got to know your class better and your sort of mentor. I’m so excited about the study and my class seems great too. Because it’s a social study it wasn’t hard to make contact with most of the people at all. Everyone is so different and the ages vary from 17 to 24, but it seems everyone can get along. We even went out for a drink with the whole class (only 12 people. There are 14 classes) I don’t think I’ll find my soulmate in my class, but it certainly looks as if I can get along with everyone.

29 August 2013
1.33am
Funny Paper
America
Candlestick Park
Members
4340sp_Permalink sp_Print

Linde said
On a lighter note, university, or graduate school. or whatever it is in English, google confuses me, has started for me. Going to study Social Work and the past few days were an introduction in which you got to know your class better and your sort of mentor. I’m so excited about the study and my class seems great too. Because it’s a social study it wasn’t hard to make contact with most of the people at all. Everyone is so different and the ages vary from 17 to 24, but it seems everyone can get along. We even went out for a drink with the whole class (only 12 people. There are 14 classes) I don’t think I’ll find my soulmate in my class, but it certainly looks as if I can get along with everyone.

Congratulations, Linde!  You probably mean “university”, since “graduate school” in North America and perhaps also England denotes the studies done by students after they have completed at least 4 years of “undergraduate” work.  (Then there’s “post-graduate” studies…) 

As we used to say in the college I attended, “What’s your major?”

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2859
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5509
Newest Members:
frankc, viv@nelsontraining.co.uk, bornhairyman, frankkilmore123@gmail.com, onlyanorthernsong
Moderators: Joe: 5691, meanmistermustard: 24950, Ahhh Girl: 22213, Beatlebug: 18181, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5691