Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
The "Incredibly Impossible to Derail This Thread" thread
15 August 2013
10.13pm
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24950
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
4301sp_Permalink sp_Print

a-hard-days-night-ringo-8Thanks Linde, Im on Nurofen and some prescribed mouthwash. Happy days are nearly here again.

How is it possible to watch a comedy so many times and it still be as hilarious as the first time? Blackadder Goes Forth is on and its fantastic.

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

16 August 2013
9.24am
LadyBay
Following The Sun
London Palladium
Members
Forum Posts: 106
4302sp_Permalink sp_Print

I’ve just seen the documentary Searching For Sugar Man – maybe many of you already seen it (I’m usually playing catch-up!) but if you haven’t I highly, highly recommend it.  An amazing story of a beautiful man and his sublime music.

"Try to realise it's all within yourself - no-one else can make you change"

17 August 2013
12.17am
Von Bontee
496 km NW of the '69 Toronto Rock n Roll Revival
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 5448
4303sp_Permalink sp_Print

That’s the Gonzalez story, right? The guy from Detroit who’s big in Africa? Yeah I saw clips from that a year ago, looked pretty interesting. The guy’s music sounded pretty cool to me.

Paul: Yeah well… first of all, we’re bringing out a ‘Stamp Out Detroit’ campaign.

17 August 2013
3.31am
LadyBay
Following The Sun
London Palladium
Members

Yep, that’s the one, his name’s Rodriguez and he was the “Elvis” (as in bigger than) of South Africa, with his music becoming the soundtrack of the anti-apartheid struggle.

17 August 2013
3.49am
Von Bontee
Apple rooftop
Members
4305sp_Permalink sp_Print

Right, Rodriguez, sorry. I’ve had a few tokes! a-hard-days-night-george-10

Paul: Yeah well… first of all, we’re bringing out a ‘Stamp Out Detroit’ campaign.

19 August 2013
11.59pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
4306sp_Permalink sp_Print

My tooth hasn’t cleared up so after a trip back the dentist I’m now on antibiotics as the healing process didn’t complete itself and the loud rumbling and ringing in my ears is back and never stops. This is just massive massively annoying. I’m thinking of being knocked unconscious when getting the other wisdom tooth removed and being brought back round 7 days later.  blue-meanieblue-meanieblue-meanieblue-meanieblue-meanieblue-meanie 

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

20 August 2013
12.53am
LadyBay
Following The Sun
London Palladium
Members
4307sp_Permalink sp_Print

So sorry to hear that – that’s awful. You must so fed-up with the whole damn thing. Hope antibiotics do their work!  heartheart

(but don’t eat any of those  for the time being!)

20 August 2013
9.49am
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
4308sp_Permalink sp_Print

Thanks LadyBay.

Is it just me or is the guitar bit and then the drums coming in to Creams’ Badge (at 1:12) sound very similar to that on It Don’t Come Easy?

20 August 2013
3.02pm
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 12534
4309sp_Permalink sp_Print

Sad to report the death of the great crime writer Elmore Leonard. One of America’s greatest writers of the 20th Century with 26 of his novels and short stories being adapted for film and television, as well as being a screenwriter of non-adapted work, his work will long live on. He was 87.

http://www.thebookbeat.com/backroom/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/ELMORE_bw.jpgImage Enlarger

"I only said we were bigger than Rod... and now there's all this!" Ron Nasty

To @ Ron Nasty it's @ mja6758
The Beatles Bible 2020 non-Canon Poll Part One: 1958-1963 and Part Two: 1964-August 1966

20 August 2013
5.20pm
Linde
The Netherlands
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 2781
4310sp_Permalink sp_Print

meanmistermustard said
Thanks LadyBay.

Is it just me or is the guitar bit and then the drums coming in to Creams’ Badge (at 1:12) sound very similar to that on It Don’t Come Easy?

Well, since George played on both songs..

20 August 2013
7.28pm
Von Bontee
Apple rooftop
Members
4311sp_Permalink sp_Print

Yeah, George employing the Leslie speaker tone heavily in both songs.

xpost – Oh man, RIP Mr. Leonard, you were great.

21 August 2013
12.17am
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
4312sp_Permalink sp_Print

Queen and Paul Rogers are on my tv and im sorry to all fans but compared to the days with Freddie and John Deacon (and regardless of what’s said comparisons are inevitable) it sucks. I Want To Break Free was awful, I didn’t recognise it until the words began. Tho when you think what they did with Robbie Williams and Five years ago its not bad. Maybe that was the plan – hit the world with abysmal embarrassing shit and then go out with slightly less smelly crap and get away with it as everyone recalls what was before.

Why I am putting up with this? 

21 August 2013
1.05am
WETSRoosa
Mountains of East Tennessee
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1097

meanmistermustard said
Queen and Paul Rogers are on my tv and im sorry to all fans but compared to the days with Freddie and John Deacon (and regardless of what’s said comparisons are inevitable) it sucks. I Want To Break Free was awful, I didn’t recognise it until the words began. Tho when you think what they did with Robbie Williams and Five years ago its not bad. Maybe that was the plan – hit the world with abysmal embarrassing shit and then go out with slightly less smelly crap and get away with it as everyone recalls what was before.

I ask myself that every time my toddler insists on Disney Junior.

As for Queen and Paul Rodgers… some bands should never continue, especially with someone who’s identified with another band (like Paul is with Bad Company). That’d be like if the Beatles had reunited for Anthology and announced that they were going to tour with Paul Carrack (Squeeze, Mike + The Mechanics, etc.) singing John’s songs. Nothing against Carrack, but it just wouldn’t work.

"There's no such thing as bad student... only bad teacher."

21 August 2013
4.28am
Von Bontee
Apple rooftop
Members
4314sp_Permalink sp_Print

Absolutely and totally agree. Except that, for me, replacing Paul with Joe Cocker instead of Carrack would be a better comparison to Rodgers-does-Mercury.

21 August 2013
9.37am
Funny Paper
America
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 2080
4315sp_Permalink sp_Print

And now for something completely different.

Faded flowers, wait in a jar, till the evening is complete... complete... complete... complete...

21 August 2013
1.27pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
4316sp_Permalink sp_Print

What show was that VB, seems like comedians have been copying that for years since? Thanks for the post.

21 August 2013
9.44pm
Scoun
Massachusetts
The Star-Club
Members
Forum Posts: 69
4317sp_Permalink sp_Print

meanmistermustard said

John Deacon hated it when they did We Are The Champions with Robbie Williams.

Questo abrigado tanta mucho que can eat it carousel

22 August 2013
12.59am
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
4318sp_Permalink sp_Print

Scoun said

meanmistermustard said

John Deacon hated it when they did We Are The Champions with Robbie Williams.

And retained a heck of a lot of respect for calling it quits and not being part of it. I think he’s got together with them 3 times since Freddie’s death; the tribute concert at Wembley, the Only The Good Die Young single, and a performance with Elton John. Would be interesting to see how fans of Queen + justify this. 

22 August 2013
9.47am
AppleScruffJunior
Sitting here doing nothing but procrastinating...
Apple rooftop
Reviewers

Members
Forum Posts: 7583
4319sp_Permalink sp_Print

Grrr just received what I thought was The Dark Horse Years boxset for the bargain price of €18 with P&P a-hard-days-night-george-10 Ended up getting the Dark Horse album ffs! I don’t want my first George Harrison solo album to be Dark Horse , I would have gotten ATMP and spent the extra €4 if I knew I was getting Dark Horse …..

INTROVERTS UNITE! Separately....in your own homes!

Make Love, Not Wardrobes!

"Stop throwing jelly beans at me"- George Harrison

22 August 2013
11.43am
AppleScruffJunior
Sitting here doing nothing but procrastinating...
Apple rooftop
Reviewers

Members
Forum Posts: 7583

Well after a debate over the phone and many tears. Dark Horse is being sent back and ASJ is album-less of George’s music again. paul-mccartney

INTROVERTS UNITE! Separately....in your own homes!

Make Love, Not Wardrobes!

"Stop throwing jelly beans at me"- George Harrison

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2859
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5509
Newest Members:
frankc, viv@nelsontraining.co.uk, bornhairyman, frankkilmore123@gmail.com, onlyanorthernsong
Moderators: Joe: 5691, meanmistermustard: 24950, Ahhh Girl: 22213, Beatlebug: 18181, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5691