Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
The "Incredibly Impossible to Derail This Thread" thread
18 April 2013
11.44am
Egroeg Evoli
Across the universe
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1807
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
3961sp_Permalink sp_Print

mja6758 said
Just wanted to say my thoughts are with America on such a horrific week for the country. Boston. Ricin. And now West, Texas. A few miles from Waco, 20 years on. Let’s hope it’s a horrific accident in a dark three days. My thoughts are with our American friends in this dreadful, dreadful week. For me today is Thursday. Let’s hope Thursday doesn’t find anything to add to this week of horror you’re living through.

heart Today: so far, so good… I think… I hope…

Also known as Egg-Rock, Egg-Roll, E-George, Eggy, Ravioli, Eggroll Eggrolli...

~witty quote~

18 April 2013
10.05pm
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 12534
3962sp_Permalink sp_Print

Storm Thorgerson, schoolfriend of Syd Barrett and Roger Waters, one of the great album cover designers, has sadly passed away. Responsible for virtually all Pink Floyd’s covers, as well as covers for Peter Gabriel, Genesis, Led Zeppelin and many, many others, he was a giant when it came to 12-inch vinyl. A sad loss.

"I only said we were bigger than Rod... and now there's all this!" Ron Nasty

To @ Ron Nasty it's @ mja6758
The Beatles Bible 2020 non-Canon Poll Part One: 1958-1963 and Part Two: 1964-August 1966

18 April 2013
11.03pm
Von Bontee
496 km NW of the '69 Toronto Rock n Roll Revival
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 5457
3963sp_Permalink sp_Print

Oh, no…I love those old Hipgnosis album covers. They were ubiquitous in the 70s, I’ve owned many dozens of them over the years. RIP, man.

Paul: Yeah well… first of all, we’re bringing out a ‘Stamp Out Detroit’ campaign.

19 April 2013
2.16am
Egroeg Evoli
Across the universe
Candlestick Park
Members
3964sp_Permalink sp_Print

I was feeling kinda sick today after school, so I took a little nap (not something I normally do), and I had a really scary- and somewhat disturbing- dream. It’s not a “don’t keep reading or you’ll be scarred for life” kind of dream, but if you really, really, really don’t want to hear about it… don’t keep reading. And this warning is kinda pointless. It’s not really even that bad. Honestly. I don’t know why I’m even typing this.

Anyway…

Russia was testing a new nuclear missile, but everything went awry and the missile ended up destroying all of the USA except for a few states, including mine. I didn’t know what to do and I was really scared and upset, plus my aunt had been somewhere dangerous and we hadn’t heard from her yet. She ended up being fine because she was in an airplane and the plane landed in my state just as the missile landed, but some of my friends and my family’s friends were killed. The US was vulnerable and other countries were planning to attack the remaining states and take advantage of our money and resources. Russia started out pretending to be apologetic, but ended up joining the other foreign countries in attacking the US. I was a complete wreck because I was terrified and had absolutely no idea what to do.

I don’t know why I had this dream… Do you think it’s a bad thing that I had this dream?

~witty quote~

19 April 2013
2.22am
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers

Not a bad dream, Egroeg. Just very optimistic. Chances are, nuclear explosion that size would slowly wipe out the whole planet in the nuclear winter that would follow. Hey-ho! That’s the way we hope it doesn’t go!

The Beatles Bible 2020 non-Canon Poll Part One: 1958-1963 and Part Two: 1964-August 1966

19 April 2013
7.53am
Von Bontee
496 km NW of the '69 Toronto Rock n Roll Revival
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 5457
3966sp_Permalink sp_Print

Was it a bad thing that you had that dream? I can’t possibly answer that – only you can. Unless you’re suggesting that your dreams are prophecies…

Paul: Yeah well… first of all, we’re bringing out a ‘Stamp Out Detroit’ campaign.

19 April 2013
8.05pm
Linde
The Netherlands
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 2781
3967sp_Permalink sp_Print

^

I hope they’re not.

Anyway, I’m having a high tea (because I’m sick of throwing parties) this Sunday, because Monday it’s my Birthday and even though I don’t have school at that day, my friends do. The thing is that I have a very close group of 4 friends, but beside them I also have other friends. Of course I don’t invite the guys, since it’s a high tea, but one of my other friends who I’m not that close with actually invited herself (which is is funny, because for some reason every year there happens to be someone who invites themselves at my parties) and I really didn’t know what to do about it, because I’d feel bad if I’d tell her not to come, but I wouldn’t feel comfortable with letting her come. I suggested to just do something, just the two of us soon, also because she doesn’t really know anyone who’s coming, and some of the people who are coming don’t like her. I didn’t want her to feel uncomfortable.

Today she emailed me that she couldn’t come, because her face was all itchy and red (she’s had surgery for skin issues) and to be honest I was quite relieved. Is that a bad thing?

Oh and reading this back makes me feel like we’re all acting like little children or so.

20 April 2013
8.52am
fabfouremily
Sitting in an English garden
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 2929
3968sp_Permalink sp_Print

Feel very sad about Storm’s passing. Another great one lost this year :(

Moving along in our God given ways, safety is sat by the fire/Sanctuary from these feverish smiles, left with a mark on the door.

(Passover - I. Curtis)

21 April 2013
4.57pm
Linde
The Netherlands
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 2781
3969sp_Permalink sp_Print

Yeah very sad indeed. He has created some wonderful album covers. :( A lot of great people have passed away this year..

So my high tea was today and I love my presents! My 2 absolute best friends got me a giant Beatles mug, a Beatles poster and a plate that says ”You’ll always be my best friend, you know too much”, another friend gave me 10 euros and a bottle of wine and the other one didn’t give me anything because she wasted all her last money on booze in a bar. which I found quite egocentric. Anyway, I had a great time and I’m stuffed. This is actually the first time I was pleased with my ”party”. 

21 April 2013
5.11pm
fabfouremily
Sitting in an English garden
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 2929
3970sp_Permalink sp_Print

Glad to hear it ^^ :D

Moving along in our God given ways, safety is sat by the fire/Sanctuary from these feverish smiles, left with a mark on the door.

(Passover - I. Curtis)

22 April 2013
2.47am
Gerard
Hollywood Bowl
Members
Forum Posts: 683
3971sp_Permalink sp_Print

Just noticed that there’s a Yellow Submarine at the bottom of the page =o

22 April 2013
4.29am
Egroeg Evoli
Across the universe
Candlestick Park
Members
3972sp_Permalink sp_Print

If you click on it, it sends you back to the top of the page. :)

~witty quote~

22 April 2013
6.26am
Gerard
Hollywood Bowl
Members
3973sp_Permalink sp_Print

Amazing! I learn something new each day.

22 April 2013
11.42am
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24964
3974sp_Permalink sp_Print

Just found this on Youtube – Mrs Hooligans Christmas Cake by The Spinners. Its from their christmas album ‘Sing Out Shout With Joy’, long deleted and not something i can find online.

I know its not christmas but this was an ever-play LP at christmas for my family and much missed. So good to hear it again. I apologise for nothing despite it being April.

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

23 April 2013
2.31am
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
3975sp_Permalink sp_Print

Have just heard on the BBC that the great Richie Havens, opening act at Woodstock, and performer of some of the greatest Beatles covers I’ve heard over the years, has sadly passed at the age of 72 from a heart attack. I have a feeling that the list of those we have “loved and lost” will be long this year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?…..A51wyl-9IE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?…..g7fYblgnNk

Thank you, Richie, for all the joy, peace and love.

23 April 2013
8.55pm
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24964
3976sp_Permalink sp_Print

Having not eaten chocolate since christmas 2004 have found out that i should have some around the house in case its required along with hard candy (boiled sweets). Also have to ditch anything low salt.

That will irritate the health generals.a-hard-days-night-paul-11

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

24 April 2013
2.38am
Egroeg Evoli
Across the universe
Candlestick Park
Members
3977sp_Permalink sp_Print

What?! How have you not eaten chocolate in over eight years?!

~witty quote~

24 April 2013
2.38am
Egroeg Evoli
Across the universe
Candlestick Park
Members
3978sp_Permalink sp_Print

Yes! Page 200! :) apple01

~witty quote~

24 April 2013
2.46pm
Zig
The Toppermost of the Poppermost
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 9832
3979sp_Permalink sp_Print

As a fan of the show M*A*S*H, I am missing Allan Arbus today. Hard to beleive he was 95!

“Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice. Take off your pants and slide on the ice.”

allan-arbus-today-main.jpgImage Enlarger

To the fountain of perpetual mirth, let it roll for all its worth. And all the children boogie.

27 April 2013
2.33am
Gerard
Hollywood Bowl
Members
3980sp_Permalink sp_Print

When my father saw your avatar [Zig] he thought it was Keith Urban [justified he was from afar]. I retaliated with a big “NO”

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2859
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5519
Newest Members:
NJtoTX, seo mavia, adamo3, katybphoto, sleeptalker
Moderators: Joe: 5694, meanmistermustard: 24964, Ahhh Girl: 22238, Beatlebug: 18182, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5694